Caron Recalled-Paging Jordan Caron

Old
03-03-2013, 12:14 PM
Rookie Chargers

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillesgilbert View Post
You cold be right.Paille is obviously a notch above Bourque and while he does have stone hands his skating and tenacity could create some chances for Kelly and Peverley.What about moving Bourque to the 4th line?.Bourque isn't totally useless as a hockey player,he occasionally surprises me with his skating and crisp passes but doesn't seem capable of contributing much offensively.
Have you read your own post?

If a 4th line can have chemistry, Paille gives it that. So why flip, flop 2 more or less similar players when you know 1 line will not be the same.

Antoine Roussel would be a better fit for the 3rd line in place of Caron.

Last edited by Rookie Chargers: 03-03-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 06:00 PM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

Well ... Since Caron has been "paged", he's potted 2 goals in 2 games for his most consistent showing of the season.

Has he finally extracted his head from his ass and started playing or is this just a brief sign of life before fading back into mediocrity? Hoping he turns it up and pushes Bourque out ...

MillerTime 86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 06:31 PM
Alan Ryan

Caron has another goal in a big 7-1 win over Portland this afternoon.

That's two goals in a row. Caron is clearly scared of DKH.

Alan Ryan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:35 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Bring him up. I've been waiting and though he was struggling, there's no reason to start giving younger guys looks in the big club instead of trying to maneuver around the trade deadline which is looking weak at this point.

Cory Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:18 PM
averagealex

With how useless the third line is being right now I don't think it could hurt to try Caron for a few games. We definitely need a trade but in the meantime I think Caron could work. From what I remember of him in the NHL last year, he's at least defensively better than Borque.

I like Paille on that line more than Borque, but even that doesn't really address the lack of secondary scoring.

I trust that Kelly and Pevs could get it going again if we get a good rental for them to play with them.

averagealex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:19 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

I have wanted Caron since the beginning of the season.

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:20 PM
CamFan81
Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
I have wanted Caron since the beginning of the season.
sounds personal

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:22 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
sounds personal
Exactly what I thought as well...

LSCII is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:30 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

2 seconds after I posted that I KNEW it came out wrong

Old
03-04-2013, 12:30 PM
bruins repeat time

I think you might see caron soon but if this team stays healthy there is no way him or bourque or anyobody within the organization will be a factor. The number 9 forward solution will come by trade and paille will be back on the 4th line. However an injury or two we might need a guy to step up from within. Im far more worried about our future schedule ---it could cause an injury or two but im even more worried they could still be fatigued to start the playoffs. I hope we can rest guys the last week.

bruins repeat time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:35 PM
cat400

Watching Jay Pandolfo yesterday & Bourque previously, I keep thinking it's time for Caron to get one last chance to show that he belongs in the NHL.

He had a couple of games late last season where he looked like he was finally getting it.

With the lockout & early season injuries, combined with the mental disappointment of not starting the year with the big club, it is not hard to see why it has taken him a while to get untrack both physically & mentally.

cat400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:37 PM
CamFan81
Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Exactly what I thought as well...
virtual high five

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:09 PM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat400 View Post
Watching Jay Pandolfo yesterday & Bourque previously, I keep thinking it's time for Caron to get one last chance to show that he belongs in the NHL.

He had a couple of games late last season where he looked like he was finally getting it.

With the lockout & early season injuries, combined with the mental disappointment of not starting the year with the big club, it is not hard to see why it has taken him a while to get untrack both physically & mentally.
From now until the deadline, Caron for Bourque, Krug for Ference.

MTaylorJ1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:24 PM
ThomasJ13

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagealex View Post
With how useless the third line is being right now I don't think it could hurt to try Caron for a few games. We definitely need a trade but in the meantime I think Caron could work. From what I remember of him in the NHL last year, he's at least defensively better than Borque.

I like Paille on that line more than Borque, but even that doesn't really address the lack of secondary scoring.

I trust that Kelly and Pevs could get it going again if we get a good rental for them to play with them.
Bourque has zero minutes on the PK all year, while Caron used to see a fair amount of PK time, at least in the beginning. In 2010-2011 Caron had more TOI/game on the PK than any forward other than Kelly - although last year that fell off to very little PK time per game. With the Bruins PK suddenly looking human again, maybe this factors into if/when Caron gets another look, if Claude starts reminiscing about the 2010-11 version of Caron?

Of course, you'd lose Bourque's awesome prowess on the powerplay, but there are trade-offs to everything.

ThomasJ13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:32 PM
BigBear83

i think they should start a serious rotation of younger guys .. just because with this many games coming up you there are going to be injuries.. and the same can be said for april and the playoffs. why not have guys that have gotten a strong handful of games be ready to go .. im on the caron bandwagon . and have been and that stretch last year was more than a few games .. kid looked like he was playing with a lot of confidence for a solid four weeks .. everyday i hope to read that he got the call.. hes perfect for the third line .. the sooner he realizes that the sooner you see production , then pevs wont have to spend the entire shift killing himself to make up for the lack of possesion on that line.. someone made the comment that bourque was second on the team in hits, but that stat line must include him hitting the opposing player then the ice because that is all that really happens.

BigBear83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 06:38 PM
Mike B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
What has happened to this kid? He is big, he can shoot the puck, he made the Canada WJC team over Seguin as a checking grinding player.

He has everything right in front of him and he has 4 goals in the last 35 games in the AHL, He did better with Boston last year.

The Boston Bruins could use that size and grinding, cycling on the third line against a pretty big Tampa team and yet he is going to be on some bus likely headed down 495.

Boston's second and third line wingers are all either on the smaller side or as in Seguin's case Seguin (you know what I mean). Caron is 6'2" and looks bigger- appears big boned with broad shoulders; and even just playing a clean honest game would have him in the NHL. Watching Ottawa last night, they swarm, I didnt even know all their players but they came in droves and I'm thinking geez, just give me one of those guys.

The problem is Boston is not beating/leaning on the defense other than Lucic and sometimes Horton....Marchand and Seguin are great but they dart around....that third line is just not consistently making the d work. Bourque could go against a Montreal team that more suits his skillset but the Bruins need some size (and skill0.

very frustrating with his progression...hopefully he goes off tonight in Providence
I'm of two minds on Caron.

First, I think he's be an NHL regular already in most organizations. Since his rookie year, the Bruins have had a lot of depth up front. Both top 6 depth and bottom 6 depth - which is important, as Caron is not a lock to be a top 6 player. Once they picked up Kelly and Peverley, they had a core group of 13 forwards from the Cup winning team - and 11 of them are still here. (Ryder and Recchi are the departures).

He played well as a rookie, even had Julien using him on the PK, and only lost his job because Savard came back from injury. And because he was eligible to be sent to the AHL. Tyler Seguin, whom he had outplayed, was not, and it did not make sense to send him back to juniors. It was not a decision made strictly on the merits.

Last year, he got off to a slow start, and lost him job to the Pouliot experiment. A waste, in retrospect.

He's still quite young, though, and though he has not been all that impressive in Providence, the numbers aren't terrible. (Only five goals fewer than Marchand had in a similar number of AHL games.)

On the other hand, Caron's play in Providence has never demanded that he get another look. This year, there's a top 9 role right there for the taking and he hasn't stepped up and taken it. I'm absolutely a Caron fan, but even I wonder why he hasn't made his presence felt. I don't think he's a lock as a top 6 player, but in the NHL he's shown flashes of being a solid Bruin type forward - someone who can play a grinding game, kill penalities, chip in the occasional goal here and there. Maturity issues?

Mike B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Twisted Tales
H.A.M.

I'm probably late to the party, but is Jared Knight out for the year? I can't find any update on him.

Twisted Tales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:02 PM
bme44

IMHO IT is now time to bring Caron up let Bourque have the game agaist Washington,if he shines great, if not time for a change.

Make your second and third lines Bergeron between Marchand,and Caron.

Seguin between Peverly, and Kelly.

If this works no need for a trade if not time for PC to get on the phone

Last edited by bme44: 03-05-2013 at 12:15 PM.
bme44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:11 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Hamil 16 games last year to audition
Bourque has played 17 to audition

I think Bourque is done here

Old
03-05-2013, 05:41 PM
bme44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
Hamil 16 games last year to audition
Bourque has played 17 to audition

I think Bourque is done here
I hope so

bme44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 03:20 PM
hendy996

I think he would be a better fit on the 3rd line than Bourque.

hendy996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 03:34 PM
bruins04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Tales View Post
I'm probably late to the party, but is Jared Knight out for the year? I can't find any update on him.
not shut down for the year yet. but not cleared to begin skating. so.... not the right guy to hold your breath on for this year.

bruins04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 07:28 PM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

7 pts in his last 9 games.

03-06-2013, 07:30 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Derp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
7 pts in his last 9 games.
What are they waiting for? The 3rd line is in shambles.

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:40 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Its time to make the change to Caron. I agree.

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote