HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

L. Eriksson to NSH

Old
03-04-2013, 09:15 PM
thecloser

vCash: 500
This thread went down hill really fast. I love Loui and would love to have him Nashville but it is completely unreal to think Nashville would even consider a trade with the name Weber in it.

Dallas fans can say all you want but Eriksson for Blum, Watson, Smith/Horns + pick for Eriksson and a pick isn't all that far off.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 09:38 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
This thread went down hill really fast. I love Loui and would love to have him Nashville but it is completely unreal to think Nashville would even consider a trade with the name Weber in it.

Dallas fans can say all you want but Eriksson for Blum, Watson, Smith/Horns + pick for Eriksson and a pick isn't all that far off.
From Nashville perspective that seems enough, but I still wouldn't do it. Dallas has no reason to trade him. Besides, I doubt Nashville offers that much anyway. And whoever suggested Eriksson for Weber is not realistic. Eriksson is great two-way winger with a great contract, but Weber is a top 5 D-Man in the NHL. Nashville matched a decade + contract for a reason.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:07 PM
TrillMike

Loui is one of those guys you don't trade. It would take an overpayment.

TrillMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:12 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Really hoping GM Joe hangs on to Loui.

Really hoping he does. We need him going forward.

03-04-2013, 10:16 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
That's a joke.

Neal>Eriksson and you saw what he brought back.

Benn>Eriksson

I'd change it to: Ellis + Smith + Watson

That should be close value
Neal isn't even close to Eriksson. Eriksson would have scored 40 next to Malkin as well, but he would also give you one of if not the best defensive performance by a winger in the NHL. If there wasn't bias towards big name centers, Eriksson might have followed in Lehtinen's footsteps.

Neal was a 50 point player in Dallas, when he was playing with Brad Richards and Loui Eriksson.

I wouldn't want to trade Eriksson, though something along the lines Josi + Wilson + 1st + Halishchuk or something would be fair value to me.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:37 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Eriksson is just as consistent as Henrik Sedin, with a solid defensive game.

No, Eriksson alone would not get you Weber. But you're asking for a guy the organization relies upon heavily and has signed a very modest contract.

The fact of the matter is, Nashville would have to either give up a lot for Eriksson. Weber's the easy starter. The whole Josi+1st+Wilson+throw-ins... that's a lot for any team to fork over too.

Last edited by ThirdManIn: 03-04-2013 at 10:44 PM. Reason: ugh
Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:48 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
This man is correct. You want Eriksson, it starts with Weber.
Um... ok.

Care to explain to me why Nashville would pay nearly one quarter of Weber's contract, and then ship him off in a package for freakin' Eriksson? Really?

Or did you simply misspeak when you said "starts with"? It's rather difficult to justify the whole "Well, Nashville has nothing else of interest" when it's being implied Nashville needs to add to Weber.

03-04-2013, 10:54 PM
Predsrule

I feel some of my fellow fans underrate Eriksson.. to be fair he is VERY underrated across HF.. 70point Lwer who playes very well in all 3 areas of the ice..
Dal will not move this guy and with good reason.

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:04 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Your name is apt.

You could infer a lot of things from my overly vague "it starts with Weber" quip. Trade obviously warps the minds of its posters because it would literally show that someone has a complete lack of higher brain function to value Eriksson over Weber.

Do you really think that I, a poster who comes on to trade and tries to make reasonable proposals and usually provides reason to his statements, would think Nashville would need to add to Weber? You must be out of your ******* minds.

The point is, ThirdManIn, that this trade is completely 100% unworkable from both sides and this thread needs to be locked and sent to the deepest darkest pits of this forum.

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:23 PM
Phil Connors*

God some Nashville fans here are oblivious, even after being repeatedly told the meaning of asking Weber for Eriksson. So for the millionth time, the idea behind saying that is "he's not being traded" for what you have to offer. You want him, we're asking for Weber, oh that's not going to happen (no ****). End of discussion, /thread.

Phil Connors* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:38 PM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Quote:
Your name is apt.

You could infer a lot of things from my overly vague "it starts with Weber" quip. Trade obviously warps the minds of its posters because it would literally show that someone has a complete lack of higher brain function to value Eriksson over Weber.

Do you really think that I, a poster who comes on to trade and tries to make reasonable proposals and usually provides reason to his statements, would think Nashville would need to add to Weber? You must be out of your ******* minds.

The point is, ThirdManIn, that this trade is completely 100% unworkable from both sides and this thread needs to be locked and sent to the deepest darkest pits of this forum.
What else would someone infer? That you'll add to Eriksson, by saying that "it starts with Weber"? I don't think so. You know full well that you made miscommunicated your meaning, so admit it. Your statement implies that Weber would be a starting point for negotiations, but not enough. I realize that you know that Weber is valued higher than Eriksson, but I don't see these other inferences that could be made.

CanadienShark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:44 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Eriksson is one of the most underrated players in the league.

However, saying it starts with Weber??? Ridiculous. You'd have to add +++ to Eriksson to make me even THINK about moving Weber.

Weber is a top-3 defenseman in this league right now. He was the runner up to Karlsson last year and he's far better defensively than Karlsson, or anyone else that's considered a top 5-10 defenseman in the league.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:32 AM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
It's further off than you think. Low level prospects like Austin Watson aren't going to interest Dallas.

Quote:
The fact of the matter is, Nashville would have to either give up a lot for Eriksson. Weber's the easy starter. The whole Josi+1st+Wilson+throw-ins... that's a lot for any team to fork over too.
Josi + Wilson + 1st sounds like a lot but given the production consistency and complete package of the player trying to be acquired it sounds about right, especially from a team like Nashville who isn't going to be giving up a top 5-10 pick most years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
What else would someone infer? That you'll add to Eriksson, by saying that "it starts with Weber"? I don't think so. You know full well that you made miscommunicated your meaning, so admit it. Your statement implies that Weber would be a starting point for negotiations, but not enough. I realize that you know that Weber is valued higher than Eriksson, but I don't see these other inferences that could be made.
The other inference is that Weber being available would make Dallas listen, as in listen to what we would have to add. I think FF worded his point a little oddly. I don't think he's dumb enough to think Eriksson is more valuable than Weber.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:15 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Quote:

It's completely unreal to think Dallas would even consider a trade with the name Eriksson in it unless a better player is coming back.

The only player on your team that's better just so happens to be Weber (not gonna include goalies in this, not like we need Rinne anyways).

That offer is ridiculously far off and would get beaten in an instant.

Make sense?

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 07:21 PM
TheRealDeal36

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
That's a joke.

Neal>Eriksson and you saw what he brought back.

Benn>Eriksson

I'd change it to: Ellis + Smith + Watson

That should be close value

Neal is a better goal scorer than Loui, even though playing with Malkin helps. Unfortunately we are not playing video game hockey here. I say lets wait 3-4 years and you'll really see who the better player is. At that point, without a doubt, that is going to be Loui.

TheRealDeal36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 07:32 PM
Jonimaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaallMunson18 View Post
God some Nashville fans here are oblivious, even after being repeatedly told the meaning of asking Weber for Eriksson. So for the millionth time, the idea behind saying that is "he's not being traded" for what you have to offer. You want him, we're asking for Weber, oh that's not going to happen (no ****). End of discussion, /thread.
I'm going to bold and repost this because some peoples has had problem understanding this even though it has been posted like 10 times. So now that the thread has been somewhat bumped today again, the same discussion doesn't happen.

No one say said saying Eriksson > or = Webeber in terms of value or anything else.

Jonimaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 07:41 PM
PredaDORES
**** you Dale Tallon

This thread is painful to read. So much fail from both sides.

PredaDORES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 07:45 PM
Seanconn*
mission accomplished

Nashville would deplete their team getting eriksson.

maybe Hornquivst+Josi+2013 1st for Erikkson?

don't see this happening.

Seanconn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:48 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanconn* View Post
Nashville would deplete their team getting eriksson.

maybe Hornquivst+Josi+2013 1st for Erikkson?

don't see this happening.
I agree, I'd be pissed at Poile for doing that one.

I like Erikkson but you have to draft players like that, you don't get them in trades without overpaying.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:03 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredaDORES View Post
This thread is painful to read. So much fail from both sides.
Please enlighten us all.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:02 PM
FrailSwan
ExplodeForEkblad

Let's not forget how Loui is on a smokin' deal of a contract, while Weber is on a scary one.

FrailSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:16 PM
Ampersand
Dallas Stars Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I agree, I'd be pissed at Poile for doing that one.

I like Erikkson but you have to draft players like that, you don't get them in trades without overpaying.
Perfectly said.

Ampersand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:19 PM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
Perfectly said.
This should be plastered all over HFBoards with a list of players that fit the description.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:22 PM
Ampersand
Dallas Stars Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
This should be plastered all over HFBoards with a list of players that fit the description.
So true.

Ampersand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 03:30 AM
PJ A Oates

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCaptainOU View Post
Benn is better than Eriksson but both players are better than Neal.
No, the fact that he is younger does not make him better (a pretty common confusion on these boards).

They score about the same amount of points. Loui is better in defense AND a thing that people forget. He is disciplined as hell! 3 +70p seasons with a combined PIM at 46. COMBINED! Over 3 full seasons. So I would say even though Loui have had a slow start he is more valueble to Dallas and good than Benn.

PJ A Oates is offline   Reply With Quote