HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#21- Sharks @ Vancouver - You've Got Red on You. - 3/5/13 - 7:00pm - CSNCA KFOX

Old
03-06-2013, 08:39 PM
Wedontneedroads

vCash: 50
I almost s*** myself screaming at the TV when Zeus and Murray were 2/3 on the OT 4v3 PP.

Slowest PK EVER

Could not believe they killed that one.

Wedontneedroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:40 PM
wtfisthis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedontneedroads View Post
I almost s*** myself screaming at the TV when Zeus and Murray were 2/3 on the OT 4v3 PP.

Slowest PK EVER

The PK is one thing that Murray isnt completely terrible at.

wtfisthis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:49 PM
Wedontneedroads

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfisthis View Post
The PK is one thing that Murray isnt completely terrible at.
I agree. However any time there are only 3 skaters on the ice, and two happen to be the slowest guys on our team I get veeeeery nervous.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:51 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Quote:
I agree. However any time there are only 3 skaters on the ice, and two happen to be the slowest guys on our team I get veeeeery nervous.
The 4v3 started out with Marleau as the forward. I can't remember who the defensemen were, but I'm gonna bet they were Vlasic and Stuart. Those three killed off most of the penalty before Handzus came out.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:52 PM
Arrch

Quote:

Slowest PK EVER

Uhhh... the normal 3 man PK is Murray/Stuart/Handzus and they have been doing fine. I think the philosophy is that speed in a 3 man unit isn't as effective because you're not likely to win a battle to the boards if the rebound it kicked there. You're better off blocking shots and clearing the crease/rebounds that are close by.

Arrch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Wedontneedroads

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
The 4v3 started out with Marleau as the forward. I can't remember who the defensemen were, but I'm gonna bet they were Vlasic and Stuart. Those three killed off most of the penalty before Handzus came out.
Pretty sure Handzus started the PK by losing a faceoff to Sedin with Murray and Stuart behind him on defense.

Either way, Murray/Handzus is an unbelievably slow combination, and it surprises me that they are the choice there. Probably had to do with who just came off the ice.

I'm not a coach or anything, and I'm not going to pretend to be. I'm just thankful Niemi is stopping just about everything right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrch View Post
Uhhh... the normal 3 man PK is Murray/Stuart/Handzus and they have been doing fine. I think the philosophy is that speed in a 3 man unit isn't as effective because you're not likely to win a battle to the boards if the rebound it kicked there. You're better off blocking shots and clearing the crease/rebounds that are close by.
Every Sharks PK unit has been doing well this year regardless of who is on the ice because, like I said above, Niemi has been absolutely fantastic. Robinson also has them playing much more aggressively as well.

Like I said, I'm no PK coach, but for me speed is helpful to get into passing/shooting lanes. Handzus is good with his stick which helps a lot, but he is just so slow it's painful to watch sometimes.

Old
03-07-2013, 04:54 PM
WTFetus
Most popular combo

Quote:
Pretty sure Handzus started the PK by losing a faceoff to Sedin with Murray and Stuart behind him on defense.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the the 3-man PKs have been starting with Handzus, Murray, and Stuart.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote