HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vancouver-Toronto

Old
03-06-2013, 07:44 PM
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go

vCash: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by REALTALK81 View Post
Wait a minute...Didn't Mike Brown fetch a third or fourth rounder from Edmonton? Yeah.. makes perfect sense that a 40-50 point guy who plays good defensively and wins faceoffs more often than not should fetch around the same return. :
A 4th round pick in 2014...

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 07:46 PM
DougGilmour93

vCash: 500
Bozak is easily worth a 1st and he is fine defenseively. One person says he's bad defensively awhile back and now everyone thinks it's true. Not to mention it's coming from opposing teams fans. Anything to devalue Leafs eh?

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 07:46 PM
Co Ho*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Maple Leafs View Post
Gillis would want a do-over on that trade but keep telling yourself it was worth it if it makes you feel better.
I hate to break it to you but Hodgson is way better than Kassian every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Teams are constantly searching for Centres with Hodgson's potential.....In fact I believe Vancouver is one of those teams looking for one now? But I may be wrong since I don't watch any games. You can't have Bozak because Nonis won't do Gillis any favours.

Hodgson is better in terms of offensive and point production, sure.
He's also a lot worse at defence, skating, and toughness - something our team sorely lacked in previous years (wouldn't be surprised if you were one of the people that called our team soft during the 2011 playoff run). It was a win-win trade for both teams, Kassian helped us address one of our team's biggest needs.
Also, you seem to have forgotten the entire context of the trade. Hodgson wanted out; him along with his overbearing father were a thorn in Gillis' side, so that sped up the trade so that he could get more ice time in Buffalo. It's not like Vancouver could have forecasted Kesler's injury either, so he was the odd man out at the time.

Bozak isn't really necessary for our team. An ideal centre would be someone with grit that adds toughness, can win face offs, and anything else is a bonus (point production would be nice, but we're not mortgaging our future for offense when Kesler will be back in a month or so). Not discounting Bozak, he's a solid player, but the trade wouldn't make much sense for us, especially given that he is a rental.

Co Ho* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 07:49 PM
Co Ho*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Bozak is easily worth a 1st and he is fine defenseively. One person says he's bad defensively awhile back and now everyone thinks it's true. Not to mention it's coming from opposing teams fans. Anything to devalue Leafs eh?

A fringe second-line, soft centre, about to hit UFA status, is "easily worth a 1st"?
Maybe if you're dealing with Poile...

Old
03-06-2013, 07:52 PM
JB Maple Leafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
The deal we would be willing to do is probably similar to what we gave up to get Chris Higgins, who IMO is a better player than Bozak.

I would do 3rd + Connaution at the very most. Not even too keen on that.

I would counter with 3rd + Rodin/Sauve.

But that deal is terrible, Schroeder > Bozak in terms of Value at this point alone.

Less than that now actually.
We don't want schroeder....we want to keep Bozak. Keep your tiny little center with amazing potential.

JB Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 07:55 PM
BlamBlam

Can't spend assets on Bozak whose role can be performed by Schroeder for the next while. He's better than people are giving him credit for in here, but I hope he's not the type of player Gillis is looking at.

BlamBlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
No, no he isn't.

If he is worth a 1st, then:

Higgins
Raymond
McDonald
Dupuis

and more

Are worth 1sts too.

Quote:
We don't want schroeder....we want to keep Bozak. Keep your tiny little center with amazing potential.
No one was offering Schroeder. So don't worry.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:01 PM
Hi-wayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime8 View Post
Why not?

Bozak is better in a lot of aspects of the game and the reason that the Canucks are looking for depth at centre is because they don't trust Schroeder going forward this season.
Incorrect. We trust Schroeder completely. It's Henrik Sedin and Ryan Kesler we don't trust and want to dump for a bag of used pucks.

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:03 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
excuse my poor wording, I wasn't implying that he was a liability in his own zone, I'm just saying that we would need a shutdown centre if we are going to give up significant assets. He may not be terrible, but he by no means is great at it. Anyways, he's not enough of an upgrade on what we have to warrant giving up a first. Would give a second for him though

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:03 PM
seanlinden

I've yet to see anyone in this thread come up with a good reason to trade Tyler Bozak. Vancouver or Leafs fans are both in this group.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:04 PM
StringerBell

Why would the Canucks trade a 1st or top prospect for a bottom 6 UFA rental? Gillis isn't Poile trying to win at all costs to entice his star players to stay. Try Bryan Murray in Anaheim for someone in a similar circumstance.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:05 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-wayman View Post
Incorrect. We trust Schroeder completely. It's Henrik Sedin and Ryan Kesler we don't trust and want to dump for a bag of used pucks.
This is going too far. NEW pucks only.

As for the original trade proposal................why does some leaf fan create an alternate ID to troll canuck fans with this impossible trade for a player we dont want for prices we would never pay. Its just stupid.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:05 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)

Canucks overpay big time for an upcoming UFA 3rd liner.
No thanks.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:07 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
No, no he isn't.

If he is worth a 1st, then:

Higgins
Raymond
McDonald
Dupuis

and more

Are worth 1sts too.

No one was offering Schroeder. So don't worry.
Bozak is EASILY worth more than those scraps. (you might have been able to get a 1st for Raymond at the deadline....three years ago)

Bozak lines up on the 1st two lines and doesn't look out of place. He's defensively responsible. He wins faceoffs, and he is also underated offensively. IMO, he's better suited for the 2nd line but we need him to be our 1st line center and he does so admirably.

I guarentee you he will easily get a 1st at the deadline if he is made available. A number of teams would line up for his services. He's incredibly versitile.

Him being a UFA makes him enticing as he can be added to your roster for the playoffs and you basically have a trial period with the player and than you can decide if you want to extend him or not. Contending teams are always adding UFA's to be at the deadline. The proof is in the pudding, it happens every single year.

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:22 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Bozak is EASILY worth more than those scraps. (you might have been able to get a 1st for Raymond at the deadline....three years ago)

Bozak lines up on the 1st two lines and doesn't look out of place. He's defensively responsible. He wins faceoffs, and he is also underated offensively. IMO, he's better suited for the 2nd line but we need him to be our 1st line center and he does so admirably.

I guarentee you he will easily get a 1st at the deadline if he is made available. A number of teams would line up for his services. He's incredibly versitile.

Him being a UFA makes him enticing as he can be added to your roster for the playoffs and you basically have a trial period with the player and than you can decide if you want to extend him or not. Contending teams are always adding UFA's to be at the deadline. The proof is in the pudding, it happens every single year.
LOL. Scraps.

Higgins without injuries would have put up 50 points on our third line while bringing the same defensive play, and bringing more grit.

In comparison, Bozak hasn't been able to put up 50 points while playing alot of time on Toronto's 1st line.

Raymond is 2nd on our team in goals, (Only behind D.Sedin obviously) And has more goals than Kessel, and the same amount of points as Bozak. In 1 less game. He also brings blazing speed that you don't give up on, he is good defensively and a key PKer for us. He also has been playing center, a position he hasn't had any experience playing and has looked great.

Not going to comment on the other 2, but if you think Higgins and Raymond are scraps, then I guess Bozak is "scraps" aswell.

So if he can get a 1st, either Higgins or Raymond can, and him being a UFA doesn't add value, it takes away value, maybe it makes sense if the price is a 3rd+ prospect that it might add value, btu if the price is a 1st, they would want him to be signed long term at a cheap cap #, even then hes not worth it. Especially this year where the draft is significantly better.

Oh and UFA gives rights to the player, meaning he could walk. And suddenly the deal is terrible, and yes teams do rent players (Which leaves me coming back to the Higgins for 3rd + Oberg example) But they don't for 1sts unless they are either insanely desperate or the player is worth it, niether of which are the case here.

Bozak isn't worth a 1st. No one will give up a 1st for him.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:46 PM
Co Ho*

Quote:

Stopped reading there.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:13 PM
blueNwhite89

Quote:
Bozak is easily worth a 1st
He's not man. And I'm a Leafs fan.

blueNwhite89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:19 PM
Sergei Shirokov

If hes worth a 1st then I guess we could easily get a 1st for Higgins or Raymond. Package them both and we could likely get the moon.

I would guess that Ballard could knab a first too by this logic.

Saku Koivu and Alex Semin would bring home to moon for there respective teams.

Create a poll asking "Would you give a 1st for Tyler Bozak at the deadline" I guarantee "no" would be the overwhelming winner.

Last edited by spiny norman: 03-06-2013 at 10:18 PM. Reason: qdp
Old
03-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Confucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by geebaan View Post
I was watching this piece on tv about how the leafs might trade Bozak, as they already have Grabovski for 5.5mill a year, and Bozak could ask for as much as 4-4.5, something they wouldn't want to pay. Canucks could really use this guy from a face-off/scoring perspective, and could be a great rental.

Schroeder
Kevin Connaughton
2nd Round Pick

for

Tyler Bozak

too little? toom much? what y'all think
Sounds about right. Hate to lose Bozak though

Confucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:31 PM
Hi-wayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
This is going too far. NEW pucks only.

As for the original trade proposal................why does some leaf fan create an alternate ID to troll canuck fans with this impossible trade for a player we dont want for prices we would never pay. Its just stupid.

OK, how about half the bag full of new pucks and the other half new street hockey balls?

HF posters should know by now that we are never going to take any of the Leaf HF fans' posts seriously.

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:33 PM
glenbuis

Not a fan of either team but from what ive seen of leafs games, the leafs should resign him. I'd get rid of Grabovski and keep Bozak.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:34 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckaholic19 View Post
Wouldn't move Schroeder one for one
This 1000 times over...and I'm not really a Schroder fan either...for a rental like him? 3rd and a B prospect which is basically what I'd offer for McArthur.

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:08 PM
ronnyweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
How is he bad defensively?
Any player not on Vancouver is bad defensively , especially ex players.

Their team is the only one who understands advanced stats. And these mean more than actual hockey abilities and talents.

ronnyweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:48 PM
sd1976

Quote:
Amazing potential? His potential is at best, what Bozak is right now. And Bozak is getting better every single year since he came to the NHL.

sd1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 01:25 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd1976 View Post
Amazing potential? His potential is at best, what Bozak is right now. And Bozak is getting better every single year since he came to the NHL.
it was said sarcastically by a leafs fan champ

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote