HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread 2013

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2013, 06:26 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
If this team is trading Leblanc, i want Cal Clutterbuck coming the other way. Lets get this Clutterbuck mania started! The deadline is in less than a month woot!
Wouldn't make sense to trade LeBlanc right now. Let him bounce back and bring his value back up.

Old
03-06-2013, 06:27 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamLordStanley View Post
Should the Habs trade Tinordi if the price is right (top forward prospect)? I say this because Edmonton needs defense and maybe the habs can snatch one of their top young forwards. I saw on twitter today an analysis of Tinordi,and they compared him to Adam Foote. Do you guys think that is fair? I always thought he had more Offensive potential than that. If you want to see it it's @YoungGunsDaily. They do one prospect per day pretty cool and their name is NHL Young Guns Daily. Wanted to know your thoughts on Tinordi and how he is progressing?
Have you been watching the Habs this year? They need a big strong stay at home d-man that can dish out punishment a lot more than another skill forward.

Old
03-06-2013, 07:00 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Wouldn't make sense to trade LeBlanc right now. Let him bounce back and bring his value back up.
I don't see any forward bouncing back in Hamilton, do you? In fact it seems the less time they spend in Hamilton the better.

Old
03-06-2013, 07:08 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
I don't see any forward bouncing back in Hamilton, do you? In fact it seems the less time they spend in Hamilton the better.
This season is almost over, Leblanc's trade value is at a record low. We'd be lucky to get a 2nd rounder.

Let him bounce back next year. The team will be better from everybody being a year older, and Kristo (probably) being added to the team.

Old
03-06-2013, 07:13 AM
Kwikwi

Quote:
Pacioretty.... His shot was losing velocity before reaching the net on his 1st apparence in the big league. Vanish for 1.5 year and he reappeared with the best habs shot.

Confidence is huge and Leblanc has none right now. Keep him.

Old
03-06-2013, 07:14 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I'm sure they'll bounce back next year. First, guys like Quailer Bournival Holland Beaulieu Pateryn Ellis etc will no longer be rookies. Second, I'm sure they'll sign a couple of skilled AHL veterans to help lead the way, that's what they are really missing this year with Geoffrion injured and Palushaj in Colorado.

Old
03-06-2013, 07:38 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwikwi View Post
Pacioretty.... His shot was losing velocity before reaching the net on his 1st apparence in the big league. Vanish for 1.5 year and he reappeared with the best habs shot.

Confidence is huge and Leblanc has none right now. Keep him.
Pacioretty wasn't coached by the staff working in Hamilton now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
This season is almost over, Leblanc's trade value is at a record low. We'd be lucky to get a 2nd rounder.

Let him bounce back next year. The team will be better from everybody being a year older, and Kristo (probably) being added to the team.
You're probably right. If we can get a style of player right now that the current staff apparently decided Leblanc should become, at the beginning of the Bulldogs season, then I don't see the point in holding up. Unless their demands are much more unreasonable than just Leblanc and some bottom 6 roster player, it should be explored.

Clutterbuck fits the bill, if you don't see Leblanc becoming more than a 3rd liner.

Now in Minny they think they can get a Star player with Clutterbuck in a package.. That's yeah.. maybe Gaborik

Last edited by vokiel: 03-06-2013 at 07:44 AM.
Old
03-06-2013, 08:22 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Are you telling me No trade?
I'm saying that they should get someone bigger than Prust in order to support him, instead of getting another player who will have to battle unfair fights.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:45 AM
EmelinHipCheck

Trade our 4th + Weber for Erskine + 3rd

Old
03-06-2013, 09:07 AM
gusfring

Curtis Glencross is a guy I would target if at all possible.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:58 AM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmelinHipCheck View Post
Trade our 4th + Weber for Erskine + 3rd
I doubt they would trade Erskine, they just re-signed him. And if they trade him , it will be more like 4th + Weber for Erskine. No we they had a 3rd

Old
03-06-2013, 11:09 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
I doubt they would trade Erskine, they just re-signed him. And if they trade him , it will be more like 4th + Weber for Erskine. No we they had a 3rd
Even then they wouldn't do that.

Old
03-06-2013, 03:59 PM
Hugo Sham

interesting but not sure how hendricks and chimera change much when we have equivalents in armstrong, white and moen. maybe for depth? would prefer a heavyweight like boll who can play 8-10 mins

Old
03-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Kobe Armstrong

vCash: 713
Hendricks looks like a good add, assuming we don't give much. Looks like he is good at whatever we aren't.

Old
03-06-2013, 04:33 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Always liked Chimera. Quick skater for his size too.

Old
03-06-2013, 06:12 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Yes to Hendricks, maybe to Chimera, do not want to touch Brower with 9 foot clown pole. If my memory serves me right, he's the guy who wouldn't stand up for a team mate that didn't agree with his views on the lockout. Really do not want that person sitting in the habs locker room. You stand up for everyone or you GTFO!

Old
03-06-2013, 06:13 PM
habsroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
interesting but not sure how hendricks and chimera change much when we have equivalents in armstrong, white and moen. maybe for depth? would prefer a heavyweight like boll who can play 8-10 mins
I would also love to have Boll maybe since Gallant coached there in columbus he would have an inside track on Boll.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:43 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

No to Chimera and Hendricks.

Prust killed Hendricks earlier this year. Even Bourque destroyed him last year, in Bourque's first game in habs uniform.

Leblanc vs Beach, that's intriguing. That could pay off.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:16 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
No to Chimera and Hendricks.

Prust killed Hendricks earlier this year. Even Bourque destroyed him last year, in Bourque's first game in habs uniform.

Leblanc vs Beach, that's intriguing. That could pay off.
Chimera would be an addition more so for the Top 9 due to his mix of size and speed (one of the fastest skaters in the NHL) than for his fighting ability. I wouldn't say no to him too quickly. Having said that, one would think that a current Top 9 would head the other way as the Habs have ten players on the Top 9 right now: Gionta, Plekanec, Bourque, Prust, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, Desharnais, Ryder and Eller.

Old
03-07-2013, 06:08 AM
habsroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Chimera would be an addition more so for the Top 9 due to his mix of size and speed (one of the fastest skaters in the NHL) than for his fighting ability. I wouldn't say no to him too quickly. Having said that, one would think that a current Top 9 would head the other way as the Habs have ten players on the Top 9 right now: Gionta, Plekanec, Bourque, Prust, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, Desharnais, Ryder and Eller.
I don't think the Habs would want to trade a player from the roster unless Noke and Bourque come back 100 %. I think the habs will trade a draft pick or a mid level like prospect Quailer.

Old
03-07-2013, 08:52 AM
Beendair Donedat

Dear Lord, Hendricks??? He's the modern Kostopoulos in the fighting department and isn't a good hockey player. That would be a terrible pick up.... Chimera has no goals thus far this season. Pass on that as well.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:29 AM
habsroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Dear Lord, Hendricks??? He's the modern Kostopoulos in the fighting department and isn't a good hockey player. That would be a terrible pick up.... Chimera has no goals thus far this season. Pass on that as well.
The HABS would only be picking these guys up as depth moves I am sure, we have little depth at forward. 1 more forward out and Weber will be playing on the fourth line and Moen will be on the top 3 lines. We have no one in the AHL

Old
03-07-2013, 11:31 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamLordStanley View Post
Should the Habs trade Tinordi if the price is right (top forward prospect)? I say this because Edmonton needs defense and maybe the habs can snatch one of their top young forwards. I saw on twitter today an analysis of Tinordi,and they compared him to Adam Foote. Do you guys think that is fair? I always thought he had more Offensive potential than that.
Absolutely NO. We've been waiting for a big physical defenceman for so long and Tinordi has developed very well in the last 2 years trading him now would be a really dumb mistake. If they want to move a D it's Beaulieu IMO

Old
03-07-2013, 02:14 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
I strongly dislike anonymous rumouroids and I don't visit their site for that reason. Is this now allowed on HF Boards or do people still need to be validated?
Yeah, people still need to be vetted as insiders. Otherwise, we delete the rumours. If habsroom (or others) PM a mod or admin and provide proof of their insider status, the rumours can stand. If not, the rumours will be treated as pure fiction and deleted. It's not judgemental, probably some people with claims are honest and just don't want to reveal their sources, but there are far more poseurs out there than real insiders, unfortunately.

Old
03-07-2013, 05:25 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
I'm fine with what you describe for replacing Armstrong.

Closed Thread