HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What must Edmonton do

Old
03-06-2013, 08:28 PM
supert

vCash: 500
What must Edmonton do

I am a Die hard Oilers fan . I love the skill they put together , but they are not scoring enough to make the playoffs . I have mention it before the Oilers need more grid and physical play and we need to trade a skill guy . Other Oilers fan jumped down my throat say skill trumps grit . I disagree . You need a balance . I will also say i think GMST is a joke he does nothing to improve our team . I do not want to see his smiling face again if we end up with a lottery pick .
Please help me fix my Oilers threw . Trade , UFA and drafts .
I post this under speculation because i am just thinking how to fix this once proud Team

supert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:11 PM
Mozesmadness
MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPS!

vCash: 116
I am a die hard Oliers fan as well, and like most am extremely frustrated right now. I want to win more than anything right now but I feel the best coarse of action for the Oil is to keep calm and wait for the team to mature and develop. The core of our team is so young right now. Making a move out of frustration never ends well. But there are areas we can work on now, for me the biggest problem is team toughness, if we address that we will be in a much better position now and moving forewards.

Mozesmadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:13 PM
iPunch
Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
Time to move one of those skill players for more proper balance.

iPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:14 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
They must trade Taylor Hall to the Sharks. That Will Fix Everything.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:18 PM
DropIt

They need to quit building the team like its a fantasy team you run on yahoo.

The team needs some balance and which means they need to prevent goals as effectively as they can produce them

DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
They must trade Taylor Hall to the Sharks. That Will Fix Everything.
And then RNH to the Leafs...that will fix everything that didn't even need to be fixed.

On a serious note:

I think they Oilers will need to part with one of their young forwards for a stud D or trade up with their pick and whatever it takes to get Seth Jones.

Too many forwards and not many good D.
You definitely need grit...just look at the NE division. Ottawa has lost all it's talent to injuries and they find a way to win because they outwork opponents and play a good system.

I just think that nobody on the Oilers truly knows their role, they're just doing whatever it takes to get a win and that changes from game to game.

I think the best teams in the leauge (Chicago, Boston etc) have a team with size, grit, talent and everyone on the team knows their roles.

Good team in the future but need to get rid of the ENTIRE Oilers management. They have done nothing of not except getting 3 1st overalls and Schultz

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:19 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozesmadness View Post
I am a die hard Oliers fan as well, and like most am extremely frustrated right now. I want to win more than anything right now but I feel the best coarse of action for the Oil is to keep calm and wait for the team to mature and develop. The core of our team is so young right now. Making a move out of frustration never ends well. But there are areas we can work on now, for me the biggest problem is team toughness, if we address that we will be in a much better position now and moving forewards.

They need time to see what they have and for it to mature.

A true experienced #1 Dman would help but heck that's what every team needs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPunch View Post
Time to move one of those skill players for more proper balance.
I agree but it's not important to do it right now, better to wait for the right player and/or package.

Hardyvan123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:22 PM
iPunch
Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyvan123 View Post
I agree but it's not important to do it right now, better to wait for the right player and/or package.
Absolutely. No need to force a trade, but I think they need higher quality complimentary players.

iPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:23 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Yakupov for a top 4 d and a top 6 forward with experience. Probably should have looked at PK Subban if he was available. Maybe the Rangers would trade a blueliner to you if they weren't all injured. Nashville is hurting for offense, maybe one of their wingers and Roman Jossi? Maybe you can grab 2 of the defensemen from the Blue Jackets, or 1 and Anisimov/Dubinsky? Look at teams that are rebuilding or need offense/a star winger to build around, and try to identify some veteran pieces that could be available.

Obviously spitballing, not making actual proposals with totally balanced value.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:23 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
In all seriousness, wait for Eberle's low shooting percentages to rebound, trade him for someone like Ryan McDonagh or Ryan Murray+ or some young defensemen who has or projects strongly to have elite shut-down abilities while having decent puck-moving ability. Use Gagner to trade up in this draft for Sean Monahan or Sasha Barkov, cut some of the fat like Whitney, Potter, Eager. Stop wishing for tough guys. Give Paajarvi consistent 2nd line minutes. Get a healthy Horcoff.

Seriously, the Oilers are not that bad.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:24 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Take Komisarek and his contract off our hands

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:25 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
#FireTambo; get dat **** trending.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:26 PM
Some Other Flame

Get a GM willing to address the issues of secondary scoring, bottom six depth, quality defense + depth.

The Oilers have a nice collection of stars. Now they need to a build the rest the team.

Some Other Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
In all seriousness, wait for Eberle's low shooting percentages to rebound, trade him for someone like Ryan McDonagh or Ryan Murray+ or some young defensemen who has or projects strongly to have elite shut-down abilities while having decent puck-moving ability. Use Gagner to trade up in this draft for Sean Monahan or Sasha Barkov, cut some of the fat like Whitney, Potter, Eager. Stop wishing for tough guys. Give Paajarvi consistent 2nd line minutes. Get a healthy Horcoff.

Seriously, the Oilers are not that bad.
Ryan McDonagh is not your typical #1D...he's got a while to go, any of the forwards the Oilers have are worth more than him.

Oilers should offer sheet (they're not afraid of it) OEL in the Summer..

Would the Oilers even care if they give up a #1 pick for OEL in the next draft? They already have a TON of talent.

OEL is a stud...trade one of the forwards+ for him if it's possible. He can be a franchise D.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Ricky Bobby

Address the D group.

A true # 1 would be ideal but unlikely.

They really should look at adding a veteran good # 2/very good # 3 Dman. Two guys they should target are Tyutin and Martin.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:28 PM
EchoesoftheEighties
Binary Planets

Getting a real top 4, a real bottom 6 and some grit will solve many of the Oilers issues.

EchoesoftheEighties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:28 PM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

Trade for Seabrook and Backes. Simple as that.

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:31 PM
xECK29x

Should've held onto Colin McD he has been a cog to the Usles mini turnaround. Need a good bottom 6.

xECK29x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:32 PM
KlimasLoveChild

The kids need time to develop. All the kids need to put on size and strength. Bottom line is its going to take time. They obviously need to shed some dead weight but that isn't something that is easy to do when you are in their position. The last thing they need to do is trade one of the young guys till they know what they have. I'm thinking they will ride with what they have till the trade deadline and move a few vets out (whitney, khabibulin) This is probably the summer they make some serious moves. I think oiler fans are just going to have to suffer bravely for another year.

KlimasLoveChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:32 PM
Wheatking

They need to sacrifice some skill but it doesn't have to be Hall, Eberle, RNH or Yakupov. They need more size, grit and just toughness in general. Those pieces should be able to be attained using guys like Hemsky, Paajarvi and Gagner. All good players but eventually something's got to give.

They also need bottom 6 forwards that bring something. Many people laughed at Oilers fans excitement over the Brown trade but it was just nice to have a player with an identity. You don't win with guys like Belanger and Petrell.

Of the Oilers entire top 6, Jones is the only guy I'd care to keep around. As a player Horcoff is good but if you have a chance to get rid of that contract you can't pass it up.

Last edited by Wheatking: 03-06-2013 at 09:40 PM.
Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:42 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
They need to quit building the team like its a fantasy team you run on yahoo.

The team needs some balance and which means they need to prevent goals as effectively as they can produce them
Scoring has been just as big of a problem this year. Especially 5 on 5.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:44 PM
PearJuice*

The biggest issue is that Steve Tambellini is clearly incompetent. I wouldn't trust him with my fantasy team, let alone a professional hockey team.

As others have noted, they need to part with at least one of their young skilled forwards in order to pick up a stud D Man.

Who's the odd man out?

Not Eberle. He's got that "x" factor and is only getting better. The Oilers' MVP.
Not RNH. He may be having a bad year, but centermen with his skill set don't grow on trees..
Not Hall. He's their only Top 6 forward capable of creating space for his teammates.
Not Gagner. He's a perfect Number 2 Center who provides consistent secondary scoring.

Personally I would trade Yakopov. His value is very high, and quite frankly he doesn't fit the Oil's needs, both short term and long term.

PearJuice* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:46 PM
Anth93

Get rid of their incompetent GM.

Anth93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:46 PM
Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
They need to sacrifice some skill but it doesn't have to be Hall, Eberle, RNH or Yakupov. They need more size, grit and just toughness in general. Those pieces should be able to be attained using guys like Hemsky, Paajarvi and Gagner. All good players but eventually something's got to give.

They also need bottom 6 forwards that bring something. Many people laughed at Oilers fans excitement over the Brown trade but it was just nice to have a player with an identity. You don't win with guys like Belanger and Petrell.

Of the Oilers entire top 6, Jones is the only guy I'd care to keep around. As a player Horcoff is good but if you have a chance to get rid of that contract you can't pass it up.
How do you get a stud defenseman without giving up any of those forwards?

Edmonton can try to get Seth Jones by trading up but teams want a huge overpayment..

I think the Oilers need 3 things: Better complimentary players for the young forwards, a good bottom 6, and an entire makeover for the D getting rid of everyone except Schultz and re-signing Smid.

Then they will win more games than they have so far.

Plus, if the Oilers are playing bad and still around .500, I count that as a good thing. One good streak and they're in the playoffs.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:48 PM
PearJuice*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post

So who will their 2nd line centre be if they trade Gagner? He provides consistent secondary production.

Plus, he is more experienced than the other young guns.

PearJuice* is offline   Reply With Quote