HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT Thread XVII: Ashley Mazzella's Rock Hard Revolution

View Poll Results: Which mod is a closet Devils fan?
Zenith 1 0.01%
Krishna 3 0.02%
Booby Richardson 12,000 99.92%
Jabroni 1 0.01%
Michael Del Ziti 5 0.04%
Voters: 12010. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-06-2013, 08:04 PM
  #926
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrpassion View Post
i needa get on that. i'm not fat fat, but i have had run ins with the freshman 15. haha
It's hard to start, trust me. Once you get in the hang of the new diet and daily routine, it becomes easy as you become used to doing it. Also, once you see the pounds shed off, it motivates you to keep going.

I believe in you

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:04 PM
  #927
nyrpassion
Vetted.
 
nyrpassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 4,208
vCash: 500
I have thought a little too disturbingly hard about what team I'd be. haha

nyrpassion is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:05 PM
  #928
nyrpassion
Vetted.
 
nyrpassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 4,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callys Chicken Parm View Post
It's hard to start, trust me. Once you get in the hang of the new diet and daily routine, it becomes easy as you become used to doing it. Also, once you see the pounds shed off, it motivates you to keep going.

I believe in you
what was your diet/training like?

nyrpassion is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:06 PM
  #929
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Buncha lady killers in here.
There's a super inappropriate song this makes me think of.

Silence Of The Plams is online now  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:10 PM
  #930
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrpassion View Post
what was your diet/training like?
To be honest, I did very little cardio/weight training. I just kept very strict to my diet. I didn't starve myself, but I didn't cheat, AT ALL.

I did a calorie based diet, rather than carbs, because I had done carbs in the past and it is a recipe for disaster, as you end up putting back on more weight than you lost.

I ate a lot of oatmeal, corn flakes, yogurt, and fruit. As I'm 18 and living at home, I ate whatever was made for dinner, just a smaller, healthier portion. Also ate a lot of whole wheat wraps from the deli. Turkey was my go-to ingredient.

Eat a healthy breakfast and lunch, have a good snack or two in between and after lunch, and then eat a nice dinner, just don't eat too much and stay away from fried foods.

And the BIGGEST thing about any diet, is drinking water. Now that I've lost the weight, I've made a whole lifestyle change as I exercise and lift weights now, but the biggest reason for my success in losing weight and now maintaining it, has been that I only drink water. I can't remember the last time I drank soda. Think about it:

If you have a bottle of coke each day, that's 220 unnecessary calories a day. That adds up to 1540 calories a week that you can eliminate if you drink water instead. It goes a LONG way.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:13 PM
  #931
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 17,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callys Chicken Parm View Post
To be honest, I did very little cardio/weight training. I just kept very strict to my diet. I didn't starve myself, but I didn't cheat, AT ALL.

I did a calorie based diet, rather than carbs, because I had done carbs in the past and it is a recipe for disaster, as you end up putting back on more weight than you lost.

I ate a lot of oatmeal, corn flakes, yogurt, and fruit. As I'm 18 and living at home, I ate whatever was made for dinner, just a smaller, healthier portion. Also ate a lot of whole wheat wraps from the deli. Turkey was my go-to ingredient.

Eat a healthy breakfast and lunch, have a good snack or two in between and after lunch, and then eat a nice dinner, just don't eat too much and stay away from fried foods.
Pretty solid advice.

Weight loss is all about what you don't eat, not what you eat. Don't over eat, don't eat tons of sugars or carbs, and make sure you are burning more calories each day than you are consuming.

The hardest part of a diet is controlling yourself. Have to want it bad enough.

__________________
Ail is online now  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:14 PM
  #932
nyrpassion
Vetted.
 
nyrpassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 4,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callys Chicken Parm View Post
To be honest, I did very little cardio/weight training. I just kept very strict to my diet. I didn't starve myself, but I didn't cheat, AT ALL.

I did a calorie based diet, rather than carbs, because I had done carbs in the past and it is a recipe for disaster, as you end up putting back on more weight than you lost.

I ate a lot of oatmeal, corn flakes, yogurt, and fruit. As I'm 18 and living at home, I ate whatever was made for dinner, just a smaller, healthier portion. Also ate a lot of whole wheat wraps from the deli. Turkey was my go-to ingredient.

Eat a healthy breakfast and lunch, have a good snack or two in between and after lunch, and then eat a nice dinner, just don't eat too much and stay away from fried foods.
dude, that's like my dream haha. i stay on course for a few days, but then school, time gets you and you just start slacking haha. also keeping down sodas and **** like that. I'll try to keep with it. I WILL NOT LET THE HFNYR OT THREAD DOWN.

nyrpassion is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:16 PM
  #933
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrpassion View Post
dude, that's like my dream haha. i stay on course for a few days, but then school, time gets you and you just start slacking haha. also keeping down sodas and **** like that. I'll try to keep with it. I WILL NOT LET THE HFNYR OT THREAD DOWN.
Lol look at my edited post.

And you need to make yourself more busy. Whenever I sit my ass on the couch on my computer, I get bored and feel the temptation to just forage around in the kitchen, looking for food. It's normal. That is why you need to make sure you keep yourself busy and active.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:16 PM
  #934
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 17,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrpassion View Post
dude, that's like my dream haha. i stay on course for a few days, but then school, time gets you and you just start slacking haha. also keeping down sodas and **** like that. I'll try to keep with it. I WILL NOT LET THE HFNYR OT THREAD DOWN.
Find stuff to keep busy with outside classes. The more time you are sitting around not focused on anything, the more time you have to snack and cheat.

Ail is online now  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:18 PM
  #935
nyrpassion
Vetted.
 
nyrpassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 4,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callys Chicken Parm View Post
Lol look at my edited post.
haha. you're definitely motivating me.
yeah, first part is getting in the routine.

nyrpassion is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:18 PM
  #936
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 46,411
vCash: 50
Thin crew 4 lyfe.

__________________
"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:19 PM
  #937
nyrpassion
Vetted.
 
nyrpassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 4,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Find stuff to keep busy with outside classes. The more time you are sitting around not focused on anything, the more time you have to snack and cheat.
..also, beer/ alc kills me. has soo many calories. as does drunk eating..oh noo

nyrpassion is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:20 PM
  #938
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 17,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrpassion View Post
..also, beer/ alc kills me. has soo many calories. as does drunk eating..oh noo
Yup, and it's okay to do a little fun on the weekends, but don't go crazy. A couple of beers won't kill you, a 6 pack or more and then gorging while you are vulnerable and drunk will.

Ail is online now  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:20 PM
  #939
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrpassion View Post
..also, beer/ alc kills me. has soo many calories. as does drunk eating..oh noo
Like I said, it's all about a lifestyle change. Everyone is capable of it, however not everyone is willing to do it. You need to make that choice.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:22 PM
  #940
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Find stuff to keep busy with outside classes. The more time you are sitting around not focused on anything, the more time you have to snack and cheat.
This, I play hockey for 5 hours every other day or so, it helps

Silence Of The Plams is online now  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:32 PM
  #941
nyrpassion
Vetted.
 
nyrpassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 4,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
This, I play hockey for 5 hours every other day or so, it helps
yeah. i played hockey up until last year. then "ended" my career due to concussions.
life story though:
2008, i absolutely DEMOLISHED my hamstring. I partially tore it playing hockey and then really hurt it bad playing soccer. I made this weird movement and immediately heard and felt this POP in the back of my leg. I was on the ground in agony, worst pain ever. I went blind from the pain, had black spots in front of my eyes, drunk from pain
well..i couldn't run for 2 years after that. could barely walk for a year. of course, me being a dumb****..i didn't go see a doc until 6 months after my injury. had 4-5 doctors, none knew much. had many xrays, even had a mri, ct scan, and this weird **** where they inject you with a isotope and look at it going through you. and a turns out when i heard a pop, my hamstring tendon tore away from the bone, and tore bone fragments with it.


operation was basically out of the question because a) i waited too long and it regrew (badly though) and b) i was still growing.
So i went onto physical therapy. worst hell ever. everyday, every ****ing day. 7:30am, I had a nurient shot into my hamstring. then had a variety of laser treatment, ultrasound treatment, elecetromagnetic. hydrotherapy and the WILDEST, cryotherapy. literally went into a room, cold as BALLS. and just stood there, waiting for my dead cells to freeze off, or something.
Basically long story short..that's when i started getting "fat" haha. I played on a pretty high league team in the Czech Republic. Well, "played" i was on the IR the whole time i lived there. that's why i got all this rehab **** done. So me being used to eating so much and stuff, and then buring it off during hockey, i just packed on mass, "mass" I've been lazy since.

nyrpassion is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:48 PM
  #942
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream
 
Ave Maria's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Westchester,NY
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,457
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Thin crew 4 lyfe.
shwerd, just hit 160lbs this month

Ave Maria is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:49 PM
  #943
Machinehead
Moderator
Purple Hayes
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 35,037
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
We should all gonto a concert!
I'd definitely be down. If you ever come across anything we might all enjoy shoot me a text we'll set something up

__________________
Official 2014-15 Dan Girardi Own Goal Tally: 0 Kevin Klein: 2

"It's Mario Götze!" -Ian Darke
Machinehead is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:49 PM
  #944
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 56,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Thin crew 4 lyfe.
Big boned crew will **** ya'll up.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:49 PM
  #945
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrpassion View Post
yeah. i played hockey up until last year. then "ended" my career due to concussions.
life story though:
2008, i absolutely DEMOLISHED my hamstring. I partially tore it playing hockey and then really hurt it bad playing soccer. I made this weird movement and immediately heard and felt this POP in the back of my leg. I was on the ground in agony, worst pain ever. I went blind from the pain, had black spots in front of my eyes, drunk from pain
well..i couldn't run for 2 years after that. could barely walk for a year. of course, me being a dumb****..i didn't go see a doc until 6 months after my injury. had 4-5 doctors, none knew much. had many xrays, even had a mri, ct scan, and this weird **** where they inject you with a isotope and look at it going through you. and a turns out when i heard a pop, my hamstring tendon tore away from the bone, and tore bone fragments with it.


operation was basically out of the question because a) i waited too long and it regrew (badly though) and b) i was still growing.
So i went onto physical therapy. worst hell ever. everyday, every ****ing day. 7:30am, I had a nurient shot into my hamstring. then had a variety of laser treatment, ultrasound treatment, elecetromagnetic. hydrotherapy and the WILDEST, cryotherapy. literally went into a room, cold as BALLS. and just stood there, waiting for my dead cells to freeze off, or something.
Basically long story short..that's when i started getting "fat" haha. I played on a pretty high league team in the Czech Republic. Well, "played" i was on the IR the whole time i lived there. that's why i got all this rehab **** done. So me being used to eating so much and stuff, and then buring it off during hockey, i just packed on mass, "mass" I've been lazy since.
This isn't a babe thread.

__________________


Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Brian Boyle is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:51 PM
  #946
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 46,411
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Big boned crew will **** ya'll up.
If you can catch us first.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:54 PM
  #947
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils
 
Tanner Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 17,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Big boned crew will **** ya'll up.
yeah!

I'm pretty sure I actually am big boned though
I was already large when I was a ****ing star athlete, and could outdo anyone in any physical activity (this was when I was like 8)

__________________
Tanner Glass is online now  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:55 PM
  #948
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream
 
Ave Maria's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Westchester,NY
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,457
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
big boned? oh.. you mean fat

Ave Maria is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:56 PM
  #949
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream
 
Ave Maria's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Westchester,NY
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,457
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
and star athlete Nils? elaborate

Ave Maria is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:57 PM
  #950
Krams
outrageous
 
Krams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Albany County
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgy OFWG View Post
and star athlete Nils? elaborate
Competitive eater?

Krams is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.