HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT Thread XVII: Ashley Mazzella's Rock Hard Revolution

View Poll Results: Which mod is a closet Devils fan?
Zenith 1 0.01%
Krishna 3 0.02%
Booby Richardson 12,000 99.92%
Jabroni 1 0.01%
Michael Del Ziti 5 0.04%
Voters: 12010. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2013, 08:04 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrpassion View Post
i needa get on that. i'm not fat fat, but i have had run ins with the freshman 15. haha
It's hard to start, trust me. Once you get in the hang of the new diet and daily routine, it becomes easy as you become used to doing it. Also, once you see the pounds shed off, it motivates you to keep going.

I believe in you

Old
03-06-2013, 08:04 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

I have thought a little too disturbingly hard about what team I'd be. haha

Old
03-06-2013, 08:05 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callys Chicken Parm View Post
It's hard to start, trust me. Once you get in the hang of the new diet and daily routine, it becomes easy as you become used to doing it. Also, once you see the pounds shed off, it motivates you to keep going.

I believe in you
what was your diet/training like?

Old
03-06-2013, 08:06 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Buncha lady killers in here.
There's a super inappropriate song this makes me think of.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:10 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
what was your diet/training like?
To be honest, I did very little cardio/weight training. I just kept very strict to my diet. I didn't starve myself, but I didn't cheat, AT ALL.

I did a calorie based diet, rather than carbs, because I had done carbs in the past and it is a recipe for disaster, as you end up putting back on more weight than you lost.

I ate a lot of oatmeal, corn flakes, yogurt, and fruit. As I'm 18 and living at home, I ate whatever was made for dinner, just a smaller, healthier portion. Also ate a lot of whole wheat wraps from the deli. Turkey was my go-to ingredient.

Eat a healthy breakfast and lunch, have a good snack or two in between and after lunch, and then eat a nice dinner, just don't eat too much and stay away from fried foods.

And the BIGGEST thing about any diet, is drinking water. Now that I've lost the weight, I've made a whole lifestyle change as I exercise and lift weights now, but the biggest reason for my success in losing weight and now maintaining it, has been that I only drink water. I can't remember the last time I drank soda. Think about it:

If you have a bottle of coke each day, that's 220 unnecessary calories a day. That adds up to 1540 calories a week that you can eliminate if you drink water instead. It goes a LONG way.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:13 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
To be honest, I did very little cardio/weight training. I just kept very strict to my diet. I didn't starve myself, but I didn't cheat, AT ALL.

I did a calorie based diet, rather than carbs, because I had done carbs in the past and it is a recipe for disaster, as you end up putting back on more weight than you lost.

I ate a lot of oatmeal, corn flakes, yogurt, and fruit. As I'm 18 and living at home, I ate whatever was made for dinner, just a smaller, healthier portion. Also ate a lot of whole wheat wraps from the deli. Turkey was my go-to ingredient.

Eat a healthy breakfast and lunch, have a good snack or two in between and after lunch, and then eat a nice dinner, just don't eat too much and stay away from fried foods.
Pretty solid advice.

Weight loss is all about what you don't eat, not what you eat. Don't over eat, don't eat tons of sugars or carbs, and make sure you are burning more calories each day than you are consuming.

The hardest part of a diet is controlling yourself. Have to want it bad enough.

03-06-2013, 08:14 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

Quote:

dude, that's like my dream haha. i stay on course for a few days, but then school, time gets you and you just start slacking haha. also keeping down sodas and **** like that. I'll try to keep with it. I WILL NOT LET THE HFNYR OT THREAD DOWN.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:16 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
dude, that's like my dream haha. i stay on course for a few days, but then school, time gets you and you just start slacking haha. also keeping down sodas and **** like that. I'll try to keep with it. I WILL NOT LET THE HFNYR OT THREAD DOWN.
Lol look at my edited post.

And you need to make yourself more busy. Whenever I sit my ass on the couch on my computer, I get bored and feel the temptation to just forage around in the kitchen, looking for food. It's normal. That is why you need to make sure you keep yourself busy and active.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:16 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Find stuff to keep busy with outside classes. The more time you are sitting around not focused on anything, the more time you have to snack and cheat.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:18 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

Quote:
Lol look at my edited post.
haha. you're definitely motivating me.
yeah, first part is getting in the routine.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:18 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Thin crew 4 lyfe.

03-06-2013, 08:19 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Find stuff to keep busy with outside classes. The more time you are sitting around not focused on anything, the more time you have to snack and cheat.
..also, beer/ alc kills me. has soo many calories. as does drunk eating..oh noo

Old
03-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Yup, and it's okay to do a little fun on the weekends, but don't go crazy. A couple of beers won't kill you, a 6 pack or more and then gorging while you are vulnerable and drunk will.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Like I said, it's all about a lifestyle change. Everyone is capable of it, however not everyone is willing to do it. You need to make that choice.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:22 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
This, I play hockey for 5 hours every other day or so, it helps

Old
03-06-2013, 08:32 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
This, I play hockey for 5 hours every other day or so, it helps
yeah. i played hockey up until last year. then "ended" my career due to concussions.
life story though:
2008, i absolutely DEMOLISHED my hamstring. I partially tore it playing hockey and then really hurt it bad playing soccer. I made this weird movement and immediately heard and felt this POP in the back of my leg. I was on the ground in agony, worst pain ever. I went blind from the pain, had black spots in front of my eyes, drunk from pain
well..i couldn't run for 2 years after that. could barely walk for a year. of course, me being a dumb****..i didn't go see a doc until 6 months after my injury. had 4-5 doctors, none knew much. had many xrays, even had a mri, ct scan, and this weird **** where they inject you with a isotope and look at it going through you. and a turns out when i heard a pop, my hamstring tendon tore away from the bone, and tore bone fragments with it.

operation was basically out of the question because a) i waited too long and it regrew (badly though) and b) i was still growing.
So i went onto physical therapy. worst hell ever. everyday, every ****ing day. 7:30am, I had a nurient shot into my hamstring. then had a variety of laser treatment, ultrasound treatment, elecetromagnetic. hydrotherapy and the WILDEST, cryotherapy. literally went into a room, cold as BALLS. and just stood there, waiting for my dead cells to freeze off, or something.
Basically long story short..that's when i started getting "fat" haha. I played on a pretty high league team in the Czech Republic. Well, "played" i was on the IR the whole time i lived there. that's why i got all this rehab **** done. So me being used to eating so much and stuff, and then buring it off during hockey, i just packed on mass, "mass" I've been lazy since.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:48 PM
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
Quote:
Thin crew 4 lyfe.
shwerd, just hit 160lbs this month

Old
03-06-2013, 08:49 PM
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
We should all gonto a concert!
I'd definitely be down. If you ever come across anything we might all enjoy shoot me a text we'll set something up

"It's Mario Götze!" -Ian Darke
Old
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

Quote:
Thin crew 4 lyfe.
Big boned crew will **** ya'll up.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
yeah. i played hockey up until last year. then "ended" my career due to concussions.
life story though:
2008, i absolutely DEMOLISHED my hamstring. I partially tore it playing hockey and then really hurt it bad playing soccer. I made this weird movement and immediately heard and felt this POP in the back of my leg. I was on the ground in agony, worst pain ever. I went blind from the pain, had black spots in front of my eyes, drunk from pain
well..i couldn't run for 2 years after that. could barely walk for a year. of course, me being a dumb****..i didn't go see a doc until 6 months after my injury. had 4-5 doctors, none knew much. had many xrays, even had a mri, ct scan, and this weird **** where they inject you with a isotope and look at it going through you. and a turns out when i heard a pop, my hamstring tendon tore away from the bone, and tore bone fragments with it.

operation was basically out of the question because a) i waited too long and it regrew (badly though) and b) i was still growing.
So i went onto physical therapy. worst hell ever. everyday, every ****ing day. 7:30am, I had a nurient shot into my hamstring. then had a variety of laser treatment, ultrasound treatment, elecetromagnetic. hydrotherapy and the WILDEST, cryotherapy. literally went into a room, cold as BALLS. and just stood there, waiting for my dead cells to freeze off, or something.
Basically long story short..that's when i started getting "fat" haha. I played on a pretty high league team in the Czech Republic. Well, "played" i was on the IR the whole time i lived there. that's why i got all this rehab **** done. So me being used to eating so much and stuff, and then buring it off during hockey, i just packed on mass, "mass" I've been lazy since.
This isn't a babe thread.

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Old
03-06-2013, 08:51 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
If you can catch us first.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:54 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
yeah!

I'm pretty sure I actually am big boned though
I was already large when I was a ****ing star athlete, and could outdo anyone in any physical activity (this was when I was like 8)

03-06-2013, 08:55 PM
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

big boned? oh.. you mean fat

Old
03-06-2013, 08:56 PM
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream