HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rick Nash

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2013, 11:34 PM
trilobyte

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
Loving Mister Nash, best part about him is with that hair and unkempt beard, he could just put some ratty clothes or maybe an old blanket on and walk through the city with a shopping cart filled with cans and he wouldn't get bothered

I bet that's how he walks home after games.
The goal is not to be some clone from GQ, it's to play hockey.
That hair and 'unkempt' beard is quite okay in a world full of clones.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:40 PM
h0ckeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
The goal is not to be some clone from GQ, it's to play hockey.
That hair and 'unkempt' beard is quite okay in a world full of clones.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:29 AM
Parker

Nash = game breaker

I never saw him play on Columbus and only caught him in the Olympics a few times. So glad to be able to see him every game as a Ranger now, he is just awesome.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:52 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

I was a skeptic about the Nash deal. Still don't LOVE it, as I worry about our ability to maintain a deep team.

That being said, if he continues to bring it like he has recently, I will gladly eat some crow. He is a phenomenal player.

RANGERS =
Old
03-06-2013, 09:52 PM
Lundsanity30

8-1-1 in our last 10 games with Nash on the ice.

5 goals, 12 points

Is there any debate who makes this offense go?

Old
03-06-2013, 09:58 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
8-1-1 in our last 10 games with Nash on the ice.

5 goals, 12 points

Is there any debate who makes this offense go?
But this is every bit the reason as to why you can't trade Gaborik. Gaborik has scored 40 goals multiple times. He is still a huge threat. I think Bryzgalov robbed him a couple times last night, especially in the first. He put a great shot on net above and between the circles and Bryzgalov got a piece of it. The point is Gaborik, when he is shooting, can score at any time. You trade him and then opposing teams will solely focus on Nash. If Nash gets shutdown this team doesn't win games. Plus again the whole point to getting Nash was to add him to gaborik.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:03 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
But this is every bit the reason as to why you can't trade Gaborik. Gaborik has scored 40 goals multiple times. He is still a huge threat. I think Bryzgalov robbed him a couple times last night, especially in the first. He put a great shot on net above and between the circles and Bryzgalov got a piece of it. The point is Gaborik, when he is shooting, can score at any time. You trade him and then opposing teams will solely focus on Nash. If Nash gets shutdown this team doesn't win games. Plus again the whole point to getting Nash was to add him to gaborik.
Right, I want Gaborik and Nash to get at least a full year together for a chance at a cup.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:18 PM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

Well guys, first it was a man crush. Now I'm starting to question myself..

Old
03-06-2013, 11:39 PM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
Nash is what we hoped wed get from Eric Lindros over a decade ago but never got.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:52 PM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

"We don't need you" or was it "we don't want you"?

Old
03-06-2013, 11:54 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
"We don't need you" or was it "we don't want you"?
That.

Nash then proceeded to tie the game with under a minute left. Trolled.

At least we still won.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
03-07-2013, 12:02 AM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
That.

Nash then proceeded to tie the game with under a minute left. Trolled.

At least we still won.
and now half the male population wants Nash in ways inexplicable.

Such a classy fellow too. The way he handled his way out of Columbus was classy. Meant no disrespect to the organization and I think the fans there appreciate every bit that he did and tried to do for them. A player like Nash who is easily one of top 10 players in the league definitely deserves a career with highlights beyond just pretty goals.

When Henke said to him over the summer that he deserves the big stage now, I think that statement and the sentiment behind it makes so much more sense now and I think Henrik realizes now how much more truthful that statement was than what he had in mind.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:16 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Nash is more than his production, he creates SO much space. I'm in favor of throwing Gabby back on his wing, and seeing if we can't get the howitzers going.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:07 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
In theory, you bring up an excellent point. Im just not so sure its reality at this time.

Gaborik hasnt scored a goal in weeks. Hes a $7.5M diversion at this point. I'd be interested in moving him if the return can unequivocally help right now. I just dont think the Rangers will get that kind of return, so might as well keep him and explore options in the offseason.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:11 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Gaborik is like a one man Czechmates line. He'll erupt one game and then disappear for games at a time.

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 03-07-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old
03-07-2013, 09:15 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Gaborik is like a one man Czechmates line. He's erupt one game and then disappear for games at a time.
Exactly, and worst of all, hes made it a habit of erupting against bad teams. Hes feasted on the Islanders and Leafs since he got here.

This season's game against Boston seems to be an exception.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:20 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Gaborik is like a one man Czechmates line. He's erupt one game and then disappear for games at a time.
He was horrible on the point on the PP the other night

Old
03-07-2013, 09:57 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Gaborik makes a habit of scoring 40 goals a season as a Ranger. It'll take more than 20 games to say otherwise. Three weeks of average games and he's still tied for the team lead in goals, with 3 assists in his last two games. The desire to ship Gabby under the guise of "helping now" when nothing will help this team more than a scorer the caliber of Gaborik is unbearable.

Old
03-07-2013, 10:05 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Gaborik makes a habit of scoring 40 goals a season as a Ranger. It'll take more than 20 games to say otherwise. Three weeks of average games and he's still tied for the team lead in goals, with 3 assists in his last two games. The desire to ship Gabby under the guise of "helping now" when nothing will help this team more than a scorer the caliber of Gaborik is unbearable.
At the same time, the question also comes down to for what you want for 7m per.

Would you expect a 7m player to come through and be a major factor in a thight PO round?

Would you expect a 7m to be a factor on a shift by shift basis?

Old
03-07-2013, 10:07 AM
bruins seguin 19*

hello blueshirts!!

hi guy i come in peace, first im happy to hear that marc staal eye will be saved. i was worried it was gonna be a manny malhotra situation. though missing him for any period of time is a major loss for blueline. just wondering what you guys think of the trade between nash and anisiminov dubinsky, 1st round pick and tim erixon. im really excited with what tim erixon is bringing these days. he looks like a legit first pairing minute muncher dman. he plays powerplay kills penalty and plays against top guys. hes only 21 and still growing. did you guys know he was gonna be like this? whats your take? love to hear what you guys have to say. im happy nash is starting to turn around for you guys also.

Old
03-07-2013, 10:08 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

The fact Gabby isn't a factor on a shift by shift basis didn't stop his 40 goals from being absolutely integral to our godawful offense last season. Not to mention when he IS a factor on a shift to shift basis, like he was basically in the Flyers game, he still gets dumped on for being "lazy."

Old
03-07-2013, 11:31 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim erixon View Post
hi guy i come in peace, first im happy to hear that marc staal eye will be saved. i was worried it was gonna be a manny malhotra situation. though missing him for any period of time is a major loss for blueline. just wondering what you guys think of the trade between nash and anisiminov dubinsky, 1st round pick and tim erixon. im really excited with what tim erixon is bringing these days. he looks like a legit first pairing minute muncher dman. he plays powerplay kills penalty and plays against top guys. hes only 21 and still growing. did you guys know he was gonna be like this? whats your take? love to hear what you guys have to say. im happy nash is starting to turn around for you guys also.
Good to hear that Erixon is showing promise... He looked excellent in the Traverse City Tournament among players closer to his age group.... With the Rangers he looked a little timid and uncertain of his ability to play at this level but that was not to be unexpected from an inexperienced rookie.... I hope he develops well for you guys and that he enjoys playing for your organization...

I think the reason the Rangers were willing to move him was because of our glut of quality defensemen already contributing at the NHL level, 3 of which are lefties and prefer to play on the left-side... Also our main defenseman prospect is a righty (McIlrath). Realistically there wasn't going to be much room for our current defensive core plus adding prospects like McIlrath & Erixon to the mix.... Even though we gave up two 2nd rounders to acquire him, Erixon was a fresh-face and not a prospect that the Rangers invested much time in developing.... In the end it was a good trade-off to acquire Nash in the process...

Old
03-07-2013, 11:33 AM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
He was horrible on the point on the PP the other night
That's on Torts. I don't see what would make him a good pointman. He's not a strong puck carrier. He's not a strong puck distributor. He doesn't have a good point shot. He finds holes in tight and pounces.

Old
03-07-2013, 11:33 AM
McRanger

Quote:
Good analogy.

Czechmates. Man that seems like a lifetime ago.

Old
03-07-2013, 11:35 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
The fact Gabby isn't a factor on a shift by shift basis didn't stop his 40 goals from being absolutely integral to our godawful offense last season. Not to mention when he IS a factor on a shift to shift basis, like he was basically in the Flyers game, he still gets dumped on for being "lazy."
Uh I thought he had a good 2nd period but I'd say he was far from being a factor at even strength on a shift-by-shift basis throughout the Flyers game... He was invisible the entire 1st period and I didn't notice him too much in the 3rd.... He tends to score in bunches and then goes quiet for stretches at a time.... He's shut down easily by teams like Pittsburgh and doesn't tend to elevate his game against the stronger opponents when we need him to.... The main problem is that he is not good 1-on-1 and does not stick-handle well enough to beat players and generate his own scoring chances. His speed is only maximized when he has a clear path to the net, not when he has to go through or around players who stand in his way. He needs to be set up for scoring opportunities and when he does get set-up, he's usually good at finishing - but when his head is not in the game and he's not 'thinking' the play very well, he's not finding himself getting open to create those chances very often.

He has not been very effective or reliable in the post-season, yes I know he has played injured at times but he doesn't seem to be the type of player who elevates his game when faced with the strongest adversity. I have serious reservations about his game and his ability to contribute in the playoffs.... I think the source of his inconsistency is mental as opposed to physical. I'd like to see the Rangers explore trading him in the off-season and looking to shore up their offensive depth via the return in that trade plus exploring free agent options...

Closed Thread