HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/6/13 Avs Lose 3-2 l We Actually Need More Hunwick, Not Less! l Part II

Old
03-06-2013, 11:10 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 500
3/6/13 Avs Lose 3-2 l We Actually Need More Hunwick, Not Less! l Part II

Continue Here.

Take me to church, I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies. I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife.
RockLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:12 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

ROB played great.

Zanon was at fault with the last goal, IMO. Lost the battle in the corner, didn't cover the passing lane, nor get good positioning on the Hawk player.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:13 PM
dahrougem2

Also, is it just me or does Landeskog seem to play like he doesn't want to hit anymore? I get its still early in his return and it may take some time but he seems to really stay to the perimeter a lot more than last season

dahrougem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:13 PM
Avs
Bozak + 2nd

If I were McGinn, I would have skated around hacking sticks out of everybody's hands after the Toews goal.

Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:14 PM
the_fan

Support the tank people

Seth Jones will be a great addition for this team

the_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:14 PM
Elever
Hth

Well of course Perry or Toews will get away with those slashes but our stars won't because our stars have no mean streak and the team as a whole are pushovers who'll take whatever the ref does without even arguing. If the coach just sits there with a stupid look on his face when a bad call is made then do you think the ref gives a ****?

Refs must love coaching games against the Avs, they don't have to be accountable because we let them walk over us. Bunch of pushovers.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:15 PM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

I'm kinda new to hfboards, recentely started posting full time, can someone please explain why a thread can't go past 1000 posts? It just seems very unnecessary to lock it and create a new one whenever it reaches 1000?

RobinDIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:16 PM
hawk30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post
Also, is it just me or does Landeskog seem to play like he doesn't want to hit anymore? I get its still early in his return and it may take some time but he seems to really stay to the perimeter a lot more than last season
He does seem much more timid. It's understandable after his concussion, but part of me wants to blame his time in Sweden too. Actually, I blame that quite a bit for the concussion.

hawk30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:16 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70

Quote:
First of all congrats to the Hawks who don't know the meaning of quit. They deserve everything they get. Blah blah bad calls, the avs had a couple go there way in this very game.

Sacco my goodness what are you thinking with the 5 forwards? To quote Mad mike 8 year olds won't do that. You're up by a goal in the 3rd against the best team in the NHL, you're supposed to be PROTECTING the lead and not going after another goal. This is hockey 101, of course everyone goes off on public enemy #1 as if he's the first forward to get burned on one of the best centre's in the NHL.

Barrie I though had a poor game, Sharp had his way with him a few times. This was Barrie's first bad game in awhile against the best team so, no big deal.

Duchene I thought started off slow but he picked it up later in the game and could've won it for the avs a couple of times. He could've done more on the GWG by the hawks TBH.

Stastny's line was average at best. It's time to play the best with the best.

SOB on the GWG was face palm worth just fishing for the puck.

I didn't notice Hejda much this game, just the block shot which resulted in sharp going the other way. Other than that he was solid.

I thought EJ was for sure going to play this game, guess we have to wait until the next game.
My post in the other thread

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:18 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drij View Post
Who is to blame? The guy putting his arm to block someone from hitting him or the guy not looking where he is going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsboy View Post
Dater "reporting" that Leafs are going after Stastny hard. I want their 1st round pick and a lot after that.
You ***** more about Stastny than anyone, you really think the avs get a mid 1st and a lot more for him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloparren View Post
I don't have a problem with the Toews goal. Borderline interference and tbh that's the kinda thing our players need to do in order to win.

I loved Stastny's elbow though, we need more of that, best part is that he got away with it.

Effin Zanon almost injured our best player lol.
Yeah, that's what we need more in hockey elbows to the head resulting in concussions.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:20 PM
Nihiliste

I'm not interested in blaming the refs, **** happens. We beat Nashville by one goal in a game where Duchene scored one of the most offside goals I've ever seen.

We had chances where the game was on our guys' sticks - Mitchell buries that one he rang off the post, or Dutchy on his partial break, or Mcginn on a couple of the opportunities we had, and we wouldn't be worrying so much about those breaks going Chicago's way. You generally have to score 3 or more to win most games in this league. Even today Stastny got away with an elbow (which I loved since it was on Shaw - still have Lake Erie rage).

Anyways I loved our effort tonight. Guys played their hearts out and were surprisingly disciplined. Even ROB and Zanon were good tonight. Mcginn was fantastic and was one of our best players out there. Varly was amazing as usual, ROR looked better than the last two games, Dutchy looked good. We need more from Staz/Landeskog. The team as a whole played physical which was nice to see and crashed the crease and the slot. Barrie was overmatched against Sharp one on one but its good to see him learning to handle those situations. He'll get there and he'll get stronger.

Credit to Chicago, those guys want to win, and they weren't willing to accept their streak being broken, and they kept coming back for more with every shift.

Lots of encouraging things from this game. We'll get 'em next time.

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:22 PM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

Quote:
I hate that he is changing his style of play. He finally was hitting and shoting all the time against Calgary, now gone back to this wannabe-playmaker sort of thing. Hate it. It was the exact same thing in Sweden.

Do the things you are good at, jeez.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:23 PM
Nzap
Insert clever phrase

Dater blaming Varlamov for loss

Can't make the big saves he says

Nzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:23 PM
avs1dacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloparren View Post
Well of course Perry or Toews will get away with those slashes but our stars won't because our stars have no mean streak and the team as a whole are pushovers who'll take whatever the ref does without even arguing. If the coach just sits there with a stupid look on his face when a bad call is made then do you think the ref gives a ****?
You must not pay that much attention. He's constantly yelling at the refs after bad calls/no calls. If you think coaches doing that affect how a ref does his job, you're delusional...

avs1dacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:24 PM
Avs
Bozak + 2nd

I get more worked up every time I watch this goal, but I can't get over the fact that this bull **** play cost us the game...

Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
dahrougem2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
I hate that he is changing his style of play. He finally was hitting and shoting all the time against Calgary, now gone back to this wannabe-playmaker sort of thing. Hate it. It was the exact same thing in Sweden.

Do the things you are good at, jeez.
Its like he wants to become a finesse player all of a sudden. There's a reason you were at first paired with Duchene and are now with Stastny, because you are not a finesse player, your job is to grind in the corners, hit everything and get to the front of the ******* net and battle

Maybe he just misses O'Money

Old
Avsboy

Quote:
I noticed a few times that instead of hitting a player he just stopped and shoved a player with his hand along the boards.

Avsboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:25 PM
The Shermanator
Butts

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
I'm kinda new to hfboards, recentely started posting full time, can someone please explain why a thread can't go past 1000 posts? It just seems very unnecessary to lock it and create a new one whenever it reaches 1000?
Because the boogie man will come out if we do.

Something to do with the sites servers.... mostly MODs just looking for something to do.

The Shermanator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:25 PM
dahrougem2

Quote:
Originally Posted by avs1dacup View Post
You must not pay that much attention. He's constantly yelling at the refs after bad calls/no calls. If you think coaches doing that affect how a ref does his job, you're delusional...
If anything the ref is keeping his eye open for more infractions that you do because you've just ripped him and they don't take that

Old
03-06-2013, 11:26 PM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shermanator View Post

Something to do with the sites servers.... mostly MODs just looking for something to do.
Got to keep the old guys busy.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:27 PM
The Shermanator
Butts

Can we have a suicide watch thread?

The Shermanator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Nihiliste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzap View Post
Dater blaming Varlamov for loss

Can't make the big saves he says
Dater can suck it.

As Bender likes to say, he's pretty much ALWAYS wrong.

Varly kept us in it on a few breakdowns.

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shermanator View Post

Thought so. It doesn't seem like the site is breaking down when a thread goes over 1000 posts and no one locks it. Just nice to keep everything in one thread instead of cutting it into two.

Old
Avsboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post

Lots of encouraging things from this game. We'll get 'em next time.
By "we'll get 'em" you must mean Mackinnon and Jones with a Columbus 1st packaged our way, right? I'd sure like to "get 'em."

Avsboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AslanRH
#RespectTheCliche

Too much negativity from "fans" anymore. I get that this team may not be over 500 this year, but this team will not be tanking for Seth Jones. I'd be surprised if we pick top 5. Unless this team gets hit by the injury bug again, they will be competitive in more games than not, and eventually some of the breaks will go their way.

AslanRH is offline   Reply With Quote