HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings Prospect Depository IV - A New Thread About Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2013, 11:57 AM
ChadS

vCash: 500
Jokerit had kind of a team skills competition today and Pulkkinen won the hardest shot part. 161 km/h which is pretty much exactly 100 mph. Not too shabby.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:15 PM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnan511 View Post
Imagine him filling out his frame. Kid has the potential to be something special.
Yes, filling out will likely be very important given he's not the most physical defender. He's a very good positional player and if he's a solidly built 6'2" then that should work out just fine.

Old
03-06-2013, 02:15 PM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Let's see how Frk does without Drouin or MacKinnon in the lineup:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?...d=nhl:topheads

Old
03-06-2013, 03:03 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Let's see how Frk does without Drouin or MacKinnon in the lineup:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?...d=nhl:topheads
He wasn't on fire or anything but he did a decent job without either guy on his line earlier in the season.

Old
03-06-2013, 03:06 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Jokerit had kind of a team skills competition today and Pulkkinen won the hardest shot part. 161 km/h which is pretty much exactly 100 mph. Not too shabby.
With Sproul, Frk and Pulkkinen coming in shortly, the Wings have added a ton of firepower in the heavy shot department.

Old
03-06-2013, 06:15 PM
BeersHockey

Why is no one talking about Alan Quine? Guy has good size (6ft, 181 - little light) has been over a ppg the past two seasons, supposed to be good in both zones and has above average speed. Is this guy just flying under the radar because his name isn't european, or are there real issues?

Old
03-06-2013, 06:42 PM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeersHockey View Post
Why is no one talking about Alan Quine? Guy has good size (6ft, 181 - little light) has been over a ppg the past two seasons, supposed to be good in both zones and has above average speed. Is this guy just flying under the radar because his name isn't european, or are there real issues?
Nah, he's been getting some love if you look through the thread. Many of us are optimistic with what we've seen, particularly this season.

Old
03-06-2013, 07:28 PM
Run the Jewels

Here's an article on DeKeyser and another NCAA free agent whom the Wings seem to be interested in signing.

Dan DeKeyser: "To date, DeKeyser has played in 33 games, posting 15 points (two goals, 13 assists). He logs nearly 30 minutes of ice time per game playing alongside senior Luke Witkowski (TBL) as part of one of the nation’s most dominant defensive pairings."

Andrej Sustr: "While his gigantic frame is certainly one attribute that NHL teams like about Sustr, what has impressed them even more is how effectively he uses it. Sustr takes full advantage of his size, strength and wingspan in moving opposing players off pucks and taking away their time and space."

Old
03-06-2013, 07:35 PM
Frk It
Crap Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
Here's an article on DeKeyser and another NCAA free agent whom the Wings seem to be interested in signing.

Dan DeKeyser: "To date, DeKeyser has played in 33 games, posting 15 points (two goals, 13 assists). He logs nearly 30 minutes of ice time per game playing alongside senior Luke Witkowski (TBL) as part of one of the nationís most dominant defensive pairings."

Andrej Sustr: "While his gigantic frame is certainly one attribute that NHL teams like about Sustr, what has impressed them even more is how effectively he uses it. Sustr takes full advantage of his size, strength and wingspan in moving opposing players off pucks and taking away their time and space."
Babcock would be in heaven

sooooooo muchhhhhhhhhh thicknessssssssssss

Old
03-06-2013, 07:50 PM
sully61
Unregistered User

Dekeyser, Sustr, Sproul, Smith, Ouellet, Backman, Marchenko, Lashoff, that's a pretty solid pool if we get those two guys

Old
03-06-2013, 08:08 PM
GoAwayDanCleary
DRW Country Club

Quote:

Dan DeKeyser: "To date, DeKeyser has played in 33 games, posting 15 points (two goals, 13 assists). He logs nearly 30 minutes of ice time per game playing alongside senior Luke Witkowski (TBL) as part of one of the nationís most dominant defensive pairings."

A 6'8 physical defenseman is Babcock's dream.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:15 PM
cupforwings09

I hear andreas athanasiou's name quite a bit, but it doesn't seem like there is a lot of hype around him. He seems to be dominating right now. Does anybody have any insight on this kid? Is he one of our better prospects?

Old
03-06-2013, 08:21 PM
GoAwayDanCleary
DRW Country Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupforwings09 View Post
I hear andreas athanasiou's name quite a bit, but it doesn't seem like there is a lot of hype around him. He seems to be dominating right now. Does anybody have any insight on this kid? Is he one of our better prospects?
Tall kid but still pretty light. He's already an elite skater, apparently one of the fastest in the CHL, and probably the fastest in our pool (maybe Jensen). He's got realgood hands too. Really broke out after being traded out of London where he apparently had some problems with the coach/management about ice time. I think he has huge potential, kind of like Jurco, but its hard to tell until I see him in pro hockey.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:07 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
A 6'8 physical defenseman is Babcock's dream.
AND he shoots right.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:18 PM
GoAwayDanCleary
DRW Country Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
AND he shoots right.
30 minutes TOI per game.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:39 PM
newfy

Quote:

From what I've heard of Dekeyser he could actually play in the NHL next season. The wings need stay at home guys and hes got the size for the NHL already. Is he much of a hitter?

Sustr sounds awesome too. If they could land both of them I would be pumped but I highly doubt that will happen. 6'8 physical guy paired with Ericcson would be ****** for forwards

Old
03-07-2013, 12:17 AM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
From what I've heard of Dekeyser he could actually play in the NHL next season. The wings need stay at home guys and hes got the size for the NHL already. Is he much of a hitter?

Sustr sounds awesome too. If they could land both of them I would be pumped but I highly doubt that will happen. 6'8 physical guy paired with Ericcson would be ****** for forwards
I honestly have no idea how much of a hitter DeKeyser is at this point. I know we have at least one WMU student/hockey fan here so hopefully they can provide a bit of a scouting report. I checked out Bronco Hockey Hotstove which covers the hockey club but I couldn't find much as far as a description of DeKeyser's play. Sustr does sound very intriguing, I just have no idea how well his game will translate to the NHL, other than being NHL sized...and then some.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:17 AM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
Babcock would be in heaven

sooooooo muchhhhhhhhhh thicknessssssssssss

LOL...Babs does like 'em thick.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:25 AM
sully61
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post

He player tough on the boards like Kindl, but not quite as strong yet. Everything he does is fast and repetitive. He's going to need time to get used to the pro game for sure.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:03 AM
TNigs

All I want to know about Andrej Sustr is can he skate? Is he closer to Hal Gill or Tyler Myers? Size is nice but you can't just be a pylon.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:09 AM
ChadS

Frk 1+2
Quine 1+0 & 3rd star
Ouellet 0+0
Hudon 0+0
Nedomlel 0+0

Old
03-07-2013, 01:22 AM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Quote:
Frk 1+2
Quine 1+0 & 3rd star
Ouellet 0+0
Hudon 0+0
Nedomlel 0+0
Nice Frk did that with both Drouin and MacKinnon not in the lineup tonight.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:22 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 925
Quote:
Frk 1+2
Quine 1+0 & 3rd star
Ouellet 0+0
Hudon 0+0
Nedomlel 0+0
And all were -1 except Hudon.

Old
03-07-2013, 05:54 AM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNigs View Post
All I want to know about Andrej Sustr is can he skate? Is he closer to Hal Gill or Tyler Myers? Size is nice but you can't just be a pylon.
Would he be drafted early back in 2009 or already be in the NHL is he was close to Myers?

Closed Thread