HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hanzal+Yandle to Edmonton

Old
03-06-2013, 10:22 PM
Sergei Shirokov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNuge View Post
Now my opinion being my opinion is also backed up by some basic facts...

Stats:

Del Zotto

Gp 223 G 23 A 74 P 97 +/- 0

Points per game average: 0.43ppg

Defense partner and pairing: 3rd Pairing / Steve Eminger

TOI Average / game: 20.1 Minutes

Ekman-Larsson

Gp 152 G 17 A 42 P 59 +/- 14

Points per game average: 0.38ppg

Defense Partner and Pairing: 1st Pairing / Zy Michalek

TOI Average / game: 26.2 Minutes

---------------------------------------------------------------

I may not be able to sway most of you with facts..But i feel if Del Zotto wasnt behind Girardi, Staal, Mcdonagh And had some time on the Rangers first pairing

A) The rangers would be in a better posistion
B) He would have a slightly increased stat totals and would be viewed more highly on this board...

Not taking anything away from OEL he is going to be a stud someday...there are just plenty players out there more valueable at this point...

To the person asking to point out the more valueables...

See ( Stamkos, Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Karlsson ) Before OEL
OEL with the offensive talent MDZ plays with would probably have much better stats. And the opposite would happen for MDZ in Phoenix. OEL is also a better two-way guy.

Not going to argue aside from that though, its your opinion and thats fine, I along with many others I am sure simply disagree because of OEL's importance to the Yotes.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:20 PM
SR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
Sidney Crosby, Steven Stamkos, Erik Karlsson, Shea Weber, Evgeni Malkin, Henrik Lundqvist, Pekka Rinne.

Shall I go on?
Talking defense not a goalies and a few forwards, so please, no, don't go on. The two mentioned, I'd still hold OEL with higher value.

Last edited by SR: 03-06-2013 at 11:40 PM.
SR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:38 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoods14 View Post
To Phoenix

C Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Magnus paajarvi
2nd

Or

Sam gagner
Magnus paajarvi
2013 1st rounder

To Edmonton

Keith yandle
Martin hanzal
They are vastly different in terms of value...

CanadienShark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:42 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
List five guys that are more valuable than OEL.

A extremely young, #1, hybrid Dman that has very few flaws to his game and an outlet pass that is elite.
Karlsson
Pietrangelo
Doughty
Subban
McDonagh

The last two are debatable, but the first three are definitely better in my mind. I'm basing this on more than one season. But to say that he's the best in the league in just plain wrong. He's in the top 10, but no where even close to the best in the league. Do not misunderstand though, I see him as likely top 3 throughout much of his career, maybe even the best for a time, but not now.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:44 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNuge View Post
Erik karlsson
Alex pietrangelo
Drew doughty
Kris letang
Michael del zotto

I would take over OEL...

Don't be such a homer and say he's the best defenseman in the league because karlsson out classes him all day everyday, twice on Sunday's
Good
Good
Good
Good
WHHAHHAHATHTHTTTTT???????????

Old
03-06-2013, 11:55 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRadicals View Post
Yandle+ for RNH....no thanks.

I think this the best the oilers would give up.

Eberle,Gagner,+ for Hanzal,OEL

I know you guys don't take it, but it's the most I would go for.
Worst trade idea i've seen here in a while

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:03 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
The problem with Gagner + Eberle is money. Eberle already makes more than Yandle to begin with, and Gagner is going to want a healthy raise. The whole impetus behind trading Yandle, a player teams otherwise never consider trading, is to cut salary. The Coyotes need enough room under the budget to re-sign Boedker, OEL and Smith. Hanzal is not exactly chopped liver here, as others have pointed out. The Coyotes wouldn't trade him straight up for Gagner or Eberle, because it makes the team significantly worse, so there's your value calibration.

The Coyotes would be interested in Yakupov or RNH. They passed on MPS and Gagner for Yandle before. So it would take Gagner + Yakupov for Yandle and a sweetener like Rundblad (to play with Klefbom).

There's also a difference here between value and what it would take. It would take significant over-payment to pry Yandle or Hanzal out of Phoenix. Both of them together? Prepare for something painful. OEL is a completely different story. He just flat out isn't available, and you would have to blow Maloney's literal socks off in order for him to not say no. We're talking at least three bluechips from the Oilers. You don't have to like it or agree with it, but that's where we are. When you trade for a teams core, and they have no motivation to jettison that core, expect to pay out the ass.
Thanks for the logical answer.

I think then the logical response next time someone makes a thread like this is to say that we're not good trading partners.

I'm trying to imagine RNH going to Phoenix... and my mind just goes blank. I can't imagine it happening even if Phoenix overpaid despite the rocky season Hopkins is having.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:44 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

wow if you put MDZ over OEL, I just don't know what to tell you other than watch the games. OEL is one of the most complete D out there, he's a legit no.1

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 01:57 AM
Magnifique

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Karlsson
Pietrangelo
Doughty
Subban
McDonagh

The last two are debatable, but the first three are definitely better in my mind. I'm basing this on more than one season. But to say that he's the best in the league in just plain wrong. He's in the top 10, but no where even close to the best in the league. Do not misunderstand though, I see him as likely top 3 throughout much of his career, maybe even the best for a time, but not now.
First one yes
Second one is debatable
last three are behind OEL.

Magnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 02:49 AM
Daffy

Quote:
Talking defense not a goalies and a few forwards, so please, no, don't go on. The two mentioned, I'd still hold OEL with higher value.
Lol, don't be ridiculous. OEL is an excellent young player, but in no way is he more valuable than Erik Freakin Karlsson. Karlsson is so far ahead of every other defenceman it's stupid. The only debate is for #2.

Karlsson

Weber
Pietrangelo
Doughty
Chara

Then you have guys like OEL. And it's no slight. Just please never say he has more value than Karlsson.

Daffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 02:57 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
wow if you put MDZ over OEL, I just don't know what to tell you other than watch the games. OEL is one of the most complete D out there, he's a legit no.1
Ya, its pretty safe to assume that if someone thinks MDZ is better, they're yet to watch OEL. It's crazy to think he's already a clear cut #1 dman

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 03:13 AM
Kulleroinen*
Oilers!

No thanks. OEL is overrated and a hanzal... well maybe if you want horcoff for him.

Kulleroinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:51 AM
AZviaNJ
@AZviaNJviaNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulleroinen View Post
No thanks. OEL is overrated and a hanzal... well maybe if you want horcoff for him.
OEL is overrated? First time I've ever heard that. Considering talent, value, age and salary he is the most underrated player in the league.

AZviaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:37 PM
cobra427

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZviaNJ View Post
OEL is overrated? First time I've ever heard that. Considering talent, value, age and salary he is the most underrated player in the league.
OEL might win the Norris this year, clearly top 5 right now. His stick and defense are unreal and he is the best pure D on the coyotes. Offense is untapped, though he is among league leaders. Looked like Bobby Orr last night on one play in offensive zone, the sky is the limit.

cobra427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:58 PM
AZviaNJ
@AZviaNJviaNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra427 View Post
OEL might win the Norris this year, clearly top 5 right now. His stick and defense are unreal and he is the best pure D on the coyotes. Offense is untapped, though he is among league leaders. Looked like Bobby Orr last night on one play in offensive zone, the sky is the limit.
And last night.....by far.....was his worst game of the year.

AZviaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 01:12 PM
Vip
Dubnyk Support Team

Doesn't really matter. OEL is apparently overrated. Good for Phoenix, keep him flying under the radar.

Vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 01:35 PM
McNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Yeesh OEL is good but my God is he overrated.
It's always funny how this goes. Fans want a player who by all mentions isn't available, and offer up what basically amounts for spare parts, and than that player becomes overrated because they have the nerve to ask for players a team doesn't want to move.

Ultimately something around OEL for a forward doesn't make a lot of sense at this point. IMO the Coyotes would be better served trying to buy low on a change of scenery type situation, or to use some of their prospects to land a top 6 forward.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 01:42 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
i would trade gardiner for hopkins if he was truly available
And the Oilers would laugh . It would take a lot more then a Gardiner for him , especially after his concussion . For those who would like to say he is ok . I lived threw this . I has a concussion was told i was fine about 6 months later i started taking seizures as a result . You are never 100% after it

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 460
The Coyotes made it to the WCF are in win now mode and are currently in the 7th seed and 1 point out of the 4th seed.

Why do they trade 2 of their best players?

Flour Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 01:50 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulleroinen View Post
Really . I see you are a rookie , at what watching hockey ? OEL is the best player as of right now in any of these deals . I love RNH but OEL is hands down better right now . Try watching some games or maybe you are just a troll trolling
They have a saying Horcoff and a loonie will get you a cup of coffee . In other words he has no value .

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 01:51 PM
Fire Shero*

But the oilers are perennial sellers?

Fire Shero* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 02:31 PM
Lessy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
Worst trade idea i've seen here in a while
Really?

Hanzal, OEL for Eberle, Gagner, + is the worst trade you've seen here in a while?

Not saying the Coyotes should take it but it's really not that lopsided. OEL has slightly more value than Eberle and Hanzal has slightly more value than Gagner but neither is a home run in terms of value and the Oilers have a +...

Lessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 03:45 PM
Mr Tarkanian
Ali Bomaye!

Quote:
Yes, really.

OEL is one of the better Dman that has come out in a long while. In fact, really not trying to be a homer here, but I think he is the best Dman in the league.

Ganger and Hanzal are incomparable, imo. Hanzal is a top 3 shut down center in the league. Ganger? The guy has had a decent season, but I'm still not sold, at all, actually.

Hanzal's dont just grow on tree's. I'd take Hanzal over a guy putting up 30-35 goals a year just for the fact that I think Hanzal eliminates 30+ goals a year on his defensive abilities alone.
You failed at that

On the flip side I would not trade Hanzel, guys like him dont come around all the time and OEL I would take him on the Oil in a heartbeat but the Coyotes wont be trading him anytime soon the kid is a stud, not the best dman in the NHL right now but he will be in the conversation in short order. Any talk about Yandle for RNH, Eberle, Yak or Hall is just pointless unless there is a huge + coming back with Yandle.

Last edited by Mr Tarkanian: 03-07-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Mr Tarkanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 05:47 PM
Magnifique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffy View Post
Lol, don't be ridiculous. OEL is an excellent young player, but in no way is he more valuable than Erik Freakin Karlsson. Karlsson is so far ahead of every other defenceman it's stupid. The only debate is for #2.

Karlsson

Weber
Pietrangelo
Doughty
Chara

Then you have guys like OEL. And it's no slight. Just please never say he has more value than Karlsson.
How are Doughty and Piet ahead of OEL at this moment? He has higher qual comp, comparable number, and a better plus minus. Then, you can ignore the stats and just watch him play and it won't even be a debate. I'd still say Weber and Chara are ahead of him, though.

Magnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 06:07 PM
Chayos

I think people are getting off point here. OEL is not moving pure and simple. Back to the original post.

Yandle and Hanzal for ?

IMO Pho needs some dazzle to go with the grit, so a deal like this is plausible with theif defensive depth.

For the oilers to make this deal they will need to move one of the big 4. IMO it is either Yakupov or Eberle. I think That a deal will also have to include a center going back, so Gagner would probably be involved.

I can see Eberle being better suited to Pho sine they are reeady to compete now and Eberle is more developed than Yakupov.

Gagner, Eberle and Whitney for Yandle,Hanzal and a 3rd.

This is a huge win for the Yotes skillwise, but the oilers need what Hanzal brings so badly that it works for them. The Yotes would need a d-man to bridge them for the rest of this season so maybe the oilers throw in Whitney who is a UFA. This gives the Yotes a 5-6 experianced d-man with the potential to do more. They are very good at reclamation porjects and maye this turns the deal into a huge win for them

Yotes top 6 after this deal:

Boedker Vermette Eberle
Sullivan Gagner Doan

top 6 d-men

OEL michaelek
Klesla morris
Rundblad Whitney

Oilers top 6

Hall RNH Hemsky
MPS Hanzal Yakupov

Oilers top 6 d-men

Yandle Smid