Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Wrestling
Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Paul Bearer passes away

Old
03-06-2013, 02:08 PM
Dean Ambrose
#BESTFORBUSINESS

vCash: 104
I think Paul's death makes there no way Punk wins. Any sliver of hope he had is gone. Taker's going to win and have that feel good moment and then pay tribute to Paul Bearer post match.

Quote:
Just three days before Paul Bearer died, he complained he was suffering a blood clot ... TMZ has learned.

"Cowboy" Bob Kelly -- the prez of a prominent wrestling society called the Cauliflower Alley Club -- tells TMZ he last saw Paul on March 2nd at a Club reunion.

Bob says Paul was in bad health, with a severe breathing problem. According to people at the event, Kelly was coughing and had trouble standing for long periods of time. He told people he was going to seek treatment for what he called "respiratory issues."

Bob says Paul went to the hospital immediately following the reunion.

Bob says he was later informed the famed wrestling manager was being treated for a blood clot.

Saturday was the last time Bob spoke to Paul. He was 58.
TMZ

Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Pavelec4MVP
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahab View Post
Please stop using their real names.
yeah
who's phil? lol

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
Pavelec4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 02:30 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

vCash: 500
Very sad news.

So many people I watched on TV growing up, are gone.

03-06-2013, 03:58 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post

1:10
My favorite Paul Bearer moment.

Truly a sad day, watched him since I was a kid. I expect a tribute Monday night and for the Undertaker to kneel in the ring with Paul's picture on the tron.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 03:59 PM
Piper Mark

Pancreatic cancer eventually catches up with everyone that gets it. He was one of the best ever. I put him in a select company with Bobby Heenan, Jim Cornette and JJ Dillion. His shoot interview with Jim is very memorable. I was just watching it this past weekend. Life if fragile and fleeting. Enjoy it while it lasts.

I hope that Vince is tasteful regarding this. I pray that they dont make Punk degrade him as an angle. I wouldnt put anything past Vince, though. I guess we will see.

Last edited by Piper Mark: 03-06-2013 at 04:00 PM. Reason: add second paragraph
Piper Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 06:08 PM
Dean Ambrose
#BESTFORBUSINESS

Long-time WWE manager Paul Bearer (Bill Moody) will be missed at this year's WrestleMania Axxess event, where he regularly hosted "The Undertaker's Graveyard" exhibit. Also during WrestleMania Weekend is the Hall of Fame, which does not include Bearer yet.

- Bearer told PWTorch editor Wade Keller on the PWTorch Livecast in 2012 that he's in no hurry to be inducted into the Hall of Fame. He also mentioned in other interviews that he would like to be inducted with The Undertaker.

- Bearer told The Score in February 2011: "I just say Ďwhy now?' Iím in no hurry. I worked my ass off and I think I deserve to be inducted one day. The biggest honor I could have is if I am inducted at the same time The Undertaker goes in. That would be the biggest honor for me. "

- Bearer told Chris Yandek of CYInterview.com as recently as January 2013: "I know that I will [be in the WWE Hall of Fame]. So thatís all I need to know. Whether itís next year or whether itís five years from now, I know the timeís coming.

"Iíve been very, very blessed in professional wrestling because Iím just a Alabama kid, from the Alabama Gulf Coast that grew up watching local territory days wrestling... I have been all around the world. I performed in all 50 states, 28 countries and I got a paycheck every week.Ē

Old
03-06-2013, 06:37 PM
iamjs
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
On the contrary, part of me thinks that this might give 'Taker the reason to end the streak.

I could see something along the lines of Paul (the character) was the one taking care of Undertaker all these years, keeping him as healthy as can be and allowing him to return. Now that he's no longer with us, it makes the Undertaker weak... weak enough to lose. Have Punk say something about Paul (don't go too far with it though) and turn the match into a casket match, or a buried alive match.. Have Punk win, "end" the Undertaker allowing him to be re-united with Paul in the after-life.

Mark finally gets to retire, and much deservedly so.. it could even set up a rivalry between Kane and Punk. Kane wanting revenge for what Punk did to his "brother", and it could ultimately end with Kane's character ending allowing Glenn to retire. Punk has the bragging rights that he ended the streak as well as retired the Undertaker and Kane.

Also, I hate using their actual names.. but I had too in order to differentiate between character and performer.
Read your first sentence and immediately thought no.

Read further into it and it's not a bad idea. It would definitely surprise people if this happened.

iamjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 06:51 PM
Dean Ambrose
#BESTFORBUSINESS

Found this on wrestlingforum. Story Bearer had with The Undertaker. Nice little read.

"In December 1990, I was thirty-six years old when I was signed to my first World Wrestling Federation contract. I was already a fifteen-year veteran of the industry. I had been married for eleven of those years with two young boys at my heels. As The Undertaker and myself hit the road together in January 1991, little did I know that I was expected to look out for another young man in addition to my own. My job title may have been 'wrestling manager', but the invisible fine print made me one of the highest paid babysitters ever.

You must understand that Mark Calaway was receiving the proverbial torch that was being passed to him by Hulkamania. Yet, I was charged with the duty of making certain that the fire remained lit.

You can ask my parents, I have always been a perfectionist. Everything must have its place; from my underwear drawer, to the paperclips in my office desk. It drives my wife nutty.

So, it was only natural that when I traveled the world that I adhered to a strict itinerary. I never arrived in a city without having hotel and rental car reservations, and to say that I was a victim of habit is an understatement. In my entire 12-years with
The WWF, I never missed a flight; or even received one traffic ticket. Without a doubt, I was the perfect match for Mark, because he was the complete opposite. I am not saying that I was an angel, not by a long shot. When the mood hit me, I could party with the best of them. The tall 'Deadman' that I walked beside, was the proof of that.

I have so many stories that I could tell about all the fun we had together, traveling the world all those years as 'the duo from the darkside.' Hindsight being 20/20, at the time I wasn’t the one who was really having all the fun. I was always worried about, cars, hotels, planes, and things. Many times, by choice, I would stay behind in the room just to be sure that one of us was awake when we needed to be the next morning.

O.K., you will get one story out of me. We were finishing up a tour on the east coast of Florida. We were all going home the next morning, and 'The PartyTaker' wanted to go out on the town. Being the opposite, I wanted to be fresh for my arrival in Sweet Home Alabama.

The rental car was in my name, and I was always worried that something would happen and I would be responsible for it. Anyway, PT (PartyTaker) took the car and promised he would be back at the hotel in plenty of time for me to catch my flight home the next morning.

I got my usual two-hour before the flight, wake up call. I showered, finished packing, and checked out at the front desk. If I called Mark’s room once, I called it a hundred times; obviously he wasn’t back yet, because I couldn’t find the car either. I was pulling my hair out! The sun was coming up, and I figured I would just catch the airport shuttle, when I started to hear tires screeching. It might as well been the “bong” of our ring entrance music, because I knew who it was.

Finally, my rental car slammed to a halt in front of our hotel and there he was. What a sight to see, red hair and all, grinning like a mule eating briars. He knew I was hot too, and he loved it. “I told you I’d be back before your flight left.” I didn’t say a word, as I grabbed the keys, tossed my luggage into the backseat and flew out of the parking lot. You just had to be there.

By the way, do you think there was any gas in the car? Please…it was sitting on 'E'. Ahhhh…

Oh yes, those were the days..."

Old
03-06-2013, 06:53 PM
Dean Ambrose
#BESTFORBUSINESS

Quote:
One of Percy's closest, long time friends text me last night that "Paul is happy now. He's back with Diana."
----

Old
03-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjs View Post
Read your first sentence and immediately thought no.

Read further into it and it's not a bad idea. It would definitely surprise people if this happened.
And that's why we know it WONT happen..

Kurdt Kobain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
A beautiful service to Paul would be;

Monday Night, start the broadcast with all of the WWE lockeroom - commentary team and referees included - standing at the top of the ramp. Have the bell ring 10 times and a moment of silence and then... the gong hits.

The lights go out for a moment or two. Then, a blue light shines down inside the ring, where Undertaker is seen, on one knee with the urn in his hand.

Given the history, this would be a beautiful moment.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 07:48 PM
Snipeshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post

Monday Night, start the broadcast with all of the WWE lockeroom - commentary team and referees included - standing at the top of the ramp. Have the bell ring 10 times and a moment of silence and then... the gong hits.

The lights go out for a moment or two. Then, a blue light shines down inside the ring, where Undertaker is seen, on one knee with the urn in his hand.

That'd be great.

Snipeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 07:52 PM
kanuck87

Quote:

Oh man, I might shed a tear or two if this happens.

kanuck87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:21 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Cleary=Jerry Gergich

OHHH YEAAAAAA!!!

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:45 PM
Ozz

The good ol' creepy days!

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:49 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

Quote:

That would be amazing!

Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:41 PM
iamjs
Unregistered User

iamjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:10 PM
Dean Ambrose
#BESTFORBUSINESS

Old
03-06-2013, 11:21 PM
Dean Ambrose
#BESTFORBUSINESS

Quote:
- There has been a push within some circles in WWE to induct Paul Bearer into the WWE Hall of Fame this year since news of his passing broke last night.
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Old
03-06-2013, 11:37 PM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

^
... seriously WWE? HE WANTS TO GO IN WITH THE UNDERTAKER... IF YOU WANT TO HONOUR HIM, YOU'LL DO IT BY GIVING HIM HIS WISH... ****. People can ***** and whine all they want if they don't induct him into the class that he wasn't going to be inducted in, but at the end of the day, it's the way he wanted it and that should mean more than anything.

It's the same problem I had with when they inducted Eddie.. you're taking away from every other accomplishment that the person ever had and inducting them based on the fact that they passed away. THAT IS NOT RIGHT.

I know i'm probably in the minority that thinks this way..

Old
03-06-2013, 11:43 PM
Megahab

Quote:
On the contrary, part of me thinks that this might give 'Taker the reason to end the streak.

I could see something along the lines of Paul (the character) was the one taking care of Undertaker all these years, keeping him as healthy as can be and allowing him to return. Now that he's no longer with us, it makes the Undertaker weak... weak enough to lose. Have Punk say something about Paul (don't go too far with it though) and turn the match into a casket match, or a buried alive match.. Have Punk win, "end" the Undertaker allowing him to be re-united with Paul in the after-life.

Mark finally gets to retire, and much deservedly so.. it could even set up a rivalry between Kane and Punk. Kane wanting revenge for what Punk did to his "brother", and it could ultimately end with Kane's character ending allowing Glenn to retire. Punk has the bragging rights that he ended the streak as well as retired the Undertaker and Kane.

Also, I hate using their actual names.. but I had too in order to differentiate between character and performer.
I am glad you are not on the WWE writing team.

Megahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:51 PM
Snipeshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
Amazing.

Snipeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 08:57 AM
Vamos Rafa
°Vamos!

Very sad. RIP.

Any statement from Mark Calaway?

Vamos Rafa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:47 AM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahab View Post
I am glad you are not on the WWE writing team.
Did I say it would happen? No...
Did I say I wanted it to happen? No...
Did I say that's the only option for them? No...

Old
03-07-2013, 11:51 AM
Megahab

Quote:
Did I say it would happen? No...
Did I say I wanted it to happen? No...
Did I say that's the only option for them? No...
No but it was an idea you came up with.

Megahab is offline   Reply With Quote