HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

3/6/13 Avs Lose 3-2 l We Actually Need More Hunwick, Not Less! l Part II

Old
03-06-2013, 11:17 PM
Flow

vCash: 542
All I see everywhere now is people giving credit to the Hawks. I think I might just lose it.

Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:18 PM
ghostofweezman

vCash: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
How anyone can blame Varlamov tonight is beyond me. Seriously? He was next to spectacular in the first period alone. I've lost all respect for Dater officially tonight.
It's the reaction of someone who thinks they've been betrayed. He said it himself, he bought into the team and they failed to deliver. Reaction is lame and stupid but not unexpected. Personally I find the fireworks kinda fun. /lawn-chair-and-brew

ghostofweezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:18 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
I want to see a Landeskog- ROR- Stastny line next game.

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:19 PM
chet1926

vCash: 500
Thought of the night:

Duchene and PAP 40pts combined and is a +6 (which its difficult to be a + on a bad team that is getting consistently outscored) on the year, combined make 7.5M. I'd consider this excellent production compared to value. at approx a point per game pace.

Stastny and Jones 20pts combined and are a combined -12 on the year and make 10.6M combined. Approx .5 pts per game pace. I'd consider this awful production compared to value.

Throw int he fact that the other teams usually send out their best defensive pair against Duchene and PAP, something is wrong with this picture.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:20 PM
The Kingslayer

Maple LEafs got a real coach last year and look at them now. Yah it has nothing to do with coaching. Give me a break.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:21 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

Staz on the wing is a worse idea than Duchene on the wing, unless its on the PP.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:23 PM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
Thought of the night:

Duchene and PAP 40pts combined and is a +6 (which its difficult to be a + on a bad team that is getting consistently outscored) on the year, combined make 7.5M. I'd consider this excellent production compared to value. at approx a point per game pace.

Stastny and Jones 20pts combined and are a combined -12 on the year and make 10.6M combined. Approx .5 pts per game pace. I'd consider this awful production compared to value.

Throw int he fact that the other teams usually send out their best defensive pair against Duchene and PAP, something is wrong with this picture.
For me the bigger disappointment in terms of Casper is his lack of compete. Look at that first PP we had in the game he loses the puck and doesnt even make an effort to try and get the puck back. Its crap like this that makes it even worse especially when hes not scoring or making plays.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:23 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Quote:
Thought of the night:

Avs have a 5-on-5 Goals for/Goals against ratio of 1.03. So players doing ok in +/- isn't strange. Avs are doing well in even strength.

It's special teams that keep letting this team down. They're 29th in the league on PP and 25th on PK. It's close to impossible to win consistently when your special teams don't work.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:24 PM
tucker3434

Quote:
Thought of the night:

Oh so much this. They have to go.

tucker3434 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:24 PM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
Staz on the wing is a worse idea than Duchene on the wing, unless its on the PP.
It cant be worse then Stastny at centre. What the hell has he done with Landeskog on his wing? Next to nothing. Yah we all thought his drunk linemates were the problem but Paul needs to own up to the fact that hes just as much of the problem.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:26 PM
ghostofweezman

vCash: 828
Daivd Jones at $4 million per was absolutely mind boggling. That guy will be lucky to ever get close enough to get a whiff of 20 goals.

ghostofweezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:27 PM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofweezman View Post
Daivd Jones at $4 million per was absolutely mind boggling. That guy will be lucky to ever get close enough to get a whiff of 20 goals.
Hes been drunk for 2 yrs now.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:37 PM
The Kingslayer

Anyone else looking forward to the trade deadline? Im praying that we somehow get rid of Hunwick, Zanon, ROB, Jones and Casper

Old
03-06-2013, 11:45 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
Such a disappointing game. The Avalanche are a Jekyll & Hyde act right now. Just when you think you know them, you don't.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:48 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
It cant be worse then Stastny at centre. What the hell has he done with Landeskog on his wing? Next to nothing. Yah we all thought his drunk linemates were the problem but Paul needs to own up to the fact that hes just as much of the problem.
Are we watching the same ****ing games?

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:53 PM
Intentional Icing
why you little!

Flyers fan coming in peace. That Bolland slash was brutal on the shorthanded goal. Should have been called.

Also you guys looked great tonight. Both of the Blackhawks goals were suspect (Seabrook fell over like a rag doll to draw the penalty in the 1st and the Bolland slash).

Good luck the rest of the season!

Intentional Icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:53 PM
IceRat
#BallsOnTheTable

Quote:
Originally Posted by detrude View Post
Fellow IL resident checking in, I know that pain.
ditto

IceRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:55 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Well that sucked. Outshot once again and blew another lead. It's hilarious when this team tries to sit on a lead. Too often they try not to lose instead of going out and trying to win. I thought we played well overall but it doesn't matter if we don't get the points.

Fourth worst team in the league now.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:57 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
To all the people complaining about 'Hawks fans on Facebook, just imagine if this was the Leafs or Canucks on this streak.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:58 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
Such a disappointing game. The Avalanche are a Jekyll & Hyde act right now. Just when you think you know them, you don't.
how are they a Jekyll and Hyde act? They win games with a one-goal margin and lose games thanks to horrible special teams. It's been fairly consistent since day one of the season.

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:03 AM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
Are we watching the same ****ing games?
Go back and watch that particular play and argue that he was trying to get the puck back. Its plays like that that have us ranked 29th in the league on the PP. The compete level is not there with Paul.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:04 AM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pq View Post
Flyers fan coming in peace. That Bolland slash was brutal on the shorthanded goal. Should have been called.

Also you guys looked great tonight. Both of the Blackhawks goals were suspect (Seabrook fell over like a rag doll to draw the penalty in the 1st and the Bolland slash).

Its happened twice now. Perry knocked Zanons stick out his hand and scored now the Bolland play. Are they calling that this year or did I miss something?

Old
03-07-2013, 12:06 AM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by pq View Post

Thanks for the positive thoughts. Avs fans are just getting frustrated, due to the lack of winning. We seem to bring decent energy and effort most nights we just struggle to put pucks in the net consistently and seem to have a knack of falling apart in important situations. Plus we are sick and tired of our coaching staff making the same mistakes over and over.

I think in the long run you will be right and we'll become competitive, its just a long process and the fans are getting restless we want some wins to show us that if we are patient we are headed in the right direction. We can't just live off of solid efforts anymore we need some results as well.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:18 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs View Post
Try living in Illinois. My Facebook has been blown up all night by idiot Hawks fans for no reason.

And of course when I bring up the Bolland play on McGinn, it was a "good hockey play"

*shrug* maybe it's cause I live in chicago, but let them enjoy it, their team is doing something incredible, they're playing great tough hockey and gritting out wins. While it sucked that Bolland's play wasn't spotted and that some homer fans don't acknowledge that, they absolutely deserved that win, if we had buried any number of chances and avoided stupid mistakes that play wouldn't have changed the game.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:21 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
So........O'Reilly and Landeskog?

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote