HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Detroit interested in Garon

Old
07-24-2006, 05:24 PM
Tadite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
You seem to have completely misunderstood Chazz's point. He's saying that Garon faced more shots of high quality than he should've, and, likely, more than most other goaltenders (Gerber included) did. Unfortunately, stats can't prove that, but they also can't disprove it, either.

I hate the excuse for bad goaltending. Seems like every single time we have a goalie who doesn't live up to expectations its not his fault (with the exception of Storr) its because he is geting to many "great shots."

I don't think its a legitamate excuse.

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 05:26 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by bones21212 View Post
THATS when a true #1 goalie "steals" games man.....when the other team is totally dominating the game, the offense is playing like crap, and the defense is nowhere to be found, a true #1 goalie WILL step his game up and-lo and behold- "steal" the game.

the term "steal a game" isnt really too difficult to understand man.
What is Garon supposed to do, stop the 20 or so shots that had no chance just because that's what a number one does? Some shots just CANT be saved. When your defense sucks and leaves those kind of shots open and on a constant basis, what is he supposed to do, stop time and get himself into a position that could stop that shot? It really isn't too difficult to understand, man.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 05:31 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
What is Garon supposed to do, stop the 20 or so shots that had no chance just because that's what a number one does? Some shots just CANT be saved. When your defense sucks and leaves those kind of shots open and on a constant basis, what is he supposed to do, stop time and get himself into a position that could stop that shot? It really isn't too difficult to understand, man.

Lets be a fair. When Garon is on his game he is no question a number 1 goalie. But the guy went into a horrible terrible slump and really put the position of goalie once again in doubt.

I hope he can be c constantly good. Because god knows, I am still not over picking up Cloutier.

Last edited by Tadite: 07-24-2006 at 07:06 PM. Reason: bad spelling
Old
07-24-2006, 05:37 PM
Osprey

My eyes! Sorry, Tadite, but that post was brutal for a spelling nazi, such as myself, to endure reading. Is there a Visine for that?

BTW... just mixing contructive criticism with kidding. No offense intended.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 05:45 PM
bones21212

the "real" number one goalies in the league seem to do it.....
garon cant.....meaning he is NOT a "real" number one goalie....

bones21212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 05:47 PM
skolgoar

I blame Garon for not getting the Kings a lottery pick. When he had that stretch of games in November and December where he was stopping everything, Garon had Kings fans fooled into thinking that they were actually a good team. Then the injuries kept piling up, his backup couldn't get his head untracked and when he went into the tank, we finally saw the real team that was in front of him.

Garon stole games for the Kings early in the season - the problem was that the team just got worse and worse and even Roy couldn't have stolen games in front of that team that was playing in Jan and Feb.

skolgoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 05:49 PM
guzmania

Google bar has a spell check, works good with HF. It's free and it really helps. Sometimes a poorly constructed post detracts from it's cogent points.

Garon was a little better than average last year. But if the team had stuck together that might have been different. Must be really difficult to strap on those tools and skate out when you know you're going to take a shellacking.

guzmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 07:04 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
My eyes! Sorry, Tadite, but that post was brutal for a spelling nazi, such as myself, to endure reading. Is there a Visine for that?

BTW... just mixing contructive criticism with kidding. No offense intended.

I usually use word for my spelling. But as I just had PRK eye surgery I'm in a little bit of pain and really can't see long enough to use it.

In a few days i'll be back to my normal bad grammer/spelling. So this should be a short term downslide in quality.

Old
07-24-2006, 07:40 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
In a few days i'll be back to my normal bad grammer/spelling. So this should be a short term downslide in quality.
Ah. The normal bad spelling, I can live with . Sorry to hear about your eye.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 07:49 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
It's from that facial, see.

I flipflop on Garon every few weeks, so I'm going to keep my mouth shut and let his play next year determine how I feel about him.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote