HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Realistic Trade Deadline Options

Old
03-06-2013, 11:58 PM
West Coast Bias*

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to West Coast Bias* Send a message via AIM to West Coast Bias* Send a message via Yahoo to West Coast Bias*
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Not even a good one.
He's rapidly becoming Ben Eager at quadruple the price. It's a good thing "grit" and "toughness" are still buzzwords that can sell crappy players.

West Coast Bias* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:59 PM
Xamboni
BoVat Horseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshark91 View Post
1st round pick and a forward prospect.
It would only take a 1st and Rodin/Sweatt/Grenier for Boyle?

Xamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:59 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

vCash: 50
Quote:
I know you're kidding, but Dan Boyle is a #1 defensemen, and the best PPQB in the league. He won't come cheap. We need speedy young top-6 forwards, and if Hagelin is unavailable (I was screaming for the Sharks to acquire him or Voracek over the off-season ) then Kreider's the only player of interest.
Oh, I know that. I just don't think that a realistic proposal could be put together, based on what you posted. The Rangers don't have a lot of skill up front, so they can't be moving top-6 forwards, and their D is already arguably the best in the NHL, so if they're only getting a D back, it makes no sense.

03-07-2013, 12:00 AM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
If the Preds continue looking like an AHL team, expect us to sell. In order of likelyhood, I see us shopping: Gill, SK, Hannan, Legwand, Gaustad, Erat, Fisher, and Blum.
What would one of SK/Erat cost from NYR?

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:01 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Bias View Post
He's rapidly becoming Ben Eager at quadruple the price. It's a good thing "grit" and "toughness" are still buzzwords that can sell crappy players.
Ben Eager can skate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier Ouellet View Post
It would only take a 1st and Rodin/Sweatt/Grenier for Boyle?
What he meant to say was, good forward prospect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Oh, I know that. I just don't think that a realistic proposal could be put together, based on what you posted. The Rangers don't have a lot of skill up front, so they can't be moving top-6 forwards, and their D is already arguably the best in the NHL, so if they're only getting a D back, it makes no sense.
Well, although he's a defenseman who's capable of winning top-matchups, you don't acquire Dan Boyle to help team defense, you acquire him to help with team offense.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:01 AM
sjshark91

NYR doesn't make a good partner then. SJ needs to get younger and faster.

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:02 AM
Predatorbill

vCash: 126
I think the list is very good, sure, everyone will have a few tweaks. I think the main problem will be almost all the teams will be in contention, and nobody will be ready to give up assets. I predict after consulting my dogs, a slow deadline trade period.

Predatorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:03 AM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

Quote:
Well, although he's a defenseman who's capable of winning top-matchups, you don't acquire Dan Boyle to help team defense, you acquire him to help with team offense.
I don't disagree with that, but we just don't have the depth to trade an offensively skilled forward. If Miller were putting up the points, then maybe one would be available, but it just wouldn't work. The Rangers need offensive depth more than anything, they're definitely good on the backend. Boyle would be more of a luxury.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:09 AM
Xamboni
BoVat Horseman

Quote:
What he meant to say was, good forward prospect.
Ah, well that's all we've got

Old
03-07-2013, 12:13 AM
Man Bear Pig

I'd be surprised if nobody took a shot on Tim Connolly. He's still an NHL player, would cost next to nothing on the cap, and in terms of what he can be had for.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:19 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
I don't disagree with that, but we just don't have the depth to trade an offensively skilled forward. If Miller were putting up the points, then maybe one would be available, but it just wouldn't work. The Rangers need offensive depth more than anything, they're definitely good on the backend. Boyle would be more of a luxury.
Kreider isn't exactly helping the Rangers right now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier Ouellet View Post
Ah, well that's all we've got
Don't worry, we're in your boat.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:19 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
What's the news on Getzlaf and Perry?

Who's more likely to get signed?
Why haven't they been extended yet? and
What are the odds either gets dealt by the deadline?
Nothing new. Just a lot of speculation right now.

Getz is definitely more likely to get re-signed. I'd say chances of him leaving are very small.

Odds of Getz leaving are zero IMO. Even if he isn't signed, he's made every indication that he wants to stay here, and his wife is from the area and wants to stay. It's been reported he and his wife are having a house built in Anaheim too. Even if he isn't signed by deadline he won't be moved.

Perry is a wildcard. He's so quiet with the media (not just this year, has been his entire career), that no one really knows what his intentions are. If one is to walk or be moved its him. Slim chance he's moved though IMO. The only thing we can't offer him here that he reportedly looks for (not big market, competitive, money, etc...) is being close to his family. That's the only thing that I think may make him leave, if he does.

My belief that many other Duck fans share is that there's already an agreement in principle with Getzlaf. I think they are trying to sign Perry and have the contracts benefit each other (for example their last contracts Perry's was front loaded and Getz was backloaded).

There's rumors around both all over the Internet and media, but nothing concrete has been revealed. All speculation at this point.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:21 AM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

Quote:
Kreider isn't exactly helping the Rangers right now..
There's just no way he's realistically available. I wouldn't do the trade myself because I have high hopes for Kreider, but, even ignoring my personal opinion, the organization has high hopes for Kreider themselves.

I don't think the Rangers/Sharks make good trading partners in this instance, unless we do a crazy deal around Gaborik and Boyle.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:25 AM
Sterling31
YNWA - TML

Roy + Robidas
for
Grabovski + Gunnarsson

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
JvR-Roy-Frattin
Kulemin-Kadri-MacArthur
McClaren-McClement-Komarov

(LH)-(RH) *as per RC
Phaneuf-Robidas
Gardiner-Holzer
Frasier-Franson

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:25 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
There's just no way he's realistically available. I wouldn't do the trade myself because I have high hopes for Kreider, but, even ignoring my personal opinion, the organization has high hopes for Kreider themselves.

I don't think the Rangers/Sharks make good trading partners in this instance, unless we do a crazy deal around Gaborik and Boyle.
Fair enough on Kreider.

However, there's no motivation for the Sharks to deal Boyle unless it's for youth.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:26 AM
Xamboni
BoVat Horseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
Roy + Robidas
for
Grabovski + Gunnarsson

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
JvR-Roy-Frattin
Kulemin-Kadri-MacArthur
McClaren-McClement-Komarov

Phaneuf-Robidas
Gardiner-Holzer
Frasier-Franson
I don't know how highly Dallas thinks of Roy, but I'd do it if I was Dallas or Toronto.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:33 AM
No Team Needed

Cullen will probably find a home in Chicago. I think Toronto trades Bozak at the deadline. Montreal might surprise and give Ryder away.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:41 AM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
What would it cost for the Rangers to get Boyle?

Please don't say Hagelin/Stepan.
As a fan of neither team, would JT Miller be feasible? Good young player, but not as key a contributor yet like Hagelin, Stepan or Kreider.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:57 AM
TheRealDeal36

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Morrow will likely be gone no matter what.

If it doesn't look like we'll re-sign Roy, he'll possibly get traded as well.

Don't see Jagr moving, personally.

I hope Robidas gets traded, won't be happening though.

No one else is worth enough to make this list.

I am not trying to be argumentative but I honestly do not think Morrow is going anywhere. The main reason is no one is ready to step up and wear the "C". I understand we have Robidas but I see him as more trade bait than Morrow. If the Stars maintain or move up in standings at all I don't think the Stars will do much at deadline. Honestly, I'm not sure what the true value or trade equivalent is but I would see what Winnipeg would want for Bogosian. I might even offer Roy plus whatever to get him. Trading Morrow won't do anything short term or long term in my opinion. It's all speculation but that's just my opinion. To make a playoff run, if we do make it in then we need Morrow. It's no coincidence that contenders are wanting him.

TheRealDeal36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 01:09 AM
kihei

vCash: 5008
I think it is very likely that Toronto will try to move Liles. Through no real fault of his own, he (and Komi) seem to be the odd men out on the Leafs defense, and a spot needs to open up for Gardiner. Very thoughtful lists, by the way.

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 01:17 AM
Kwayry

Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
As a fan of neither team, would JT Miller be feasible? Good young player, but not as key a contributor yet like Hagelin, Stepan or Kreider.
We lost lot of our quality depth to get Nash, we are trying to replace it. Miller is now a key cog on the 3rd line. BBoyle is available because of his play.

The only Dman I would be interested in is Justin Braun, but I don't think he is available.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 01:38 AM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
There tends to be a TON of hype regarding players at this time, so maybe we can go through the realistic options so we aren't as disappointed come deadline day?

BUFFALO-Robyn Regehr plays a lot of shorthanded time, but Sabres probably could get a pick for him. Jochen Hecht and John Scott are UFA's, same for Adam Pardy.

SABRES-Drew Stafford, Ville Leino, Jordan Leopold, Alex Sulzer

Then there's the super unlikely candidates, the guys who will be in speculation but have a 1% or less chance of moving.

SABRES-Ryan Miller

I'd love feedback on how to improve the list, your thoughts on who's available, and if I can keep it updated, I'd love to. (I'm still building the list as this is posted)
On the sabres

Regehr---likely not going anywhere due to his NMC. The owner made a big effort to get him to be part of the team. He is likely resigned for a 2 yr deal.

Leino---he hasnt played yet this season. He has a big contract that nobody wants. His contract is a likely mulligan candidate this offseason or next offseason. My feeling they wait until summer 2014. The Sabres have a bunch of UFAs in the summer of 2014 to deal with.

Sulzer will go nowhere. The reason he has done well in Buffalo is because he is much more comfortable there because he has Ehrhoff on his team (a fellow german) plus Hecht. He will re-sign with Buffalo if Buffalo offers him a contract. they likely will because his price would be relatively cheap.

Leopold as a UFA, and depth in the system, is not coming back next year so I would be shocked if he isnt dealt for something.

Hecht, Scott, and Pardy arent going to get traded--nobody will want them. Pardy earlier cleared waivers to be sent down to Rochester. Scott is kept as a fighter for certain games.

Stafford is a likely trade deadline or draft day trade candidate. if he isnt dealt, then he also becomes a mulligan candidate.

If the sabres are out of the playoffs. Pominville looks like a likely player to be dealt. Why--he is owed $5+M next year and they need to open up some cap space to resign Hodgson (RFA--and their ownly significant resigning candidate other than Regehr) and go after a UFA. Next season Armia joins the club as a RW.

Miller, like Pominville is a UFA after next season which makes him an attractive candidate to deal for because you have them for 2 playoffs but basically paying only one season of salary.

Miller would only be dealt if it brings back an NHL level young goalie (Fasth, Bernier) or in a Pominville deal he brings back one of those goalies or Scneider.

Currently Buffalo doesnt have certain future NHL talent in the wings. they have a goalie in the WHL who looks very promising. the only trade him if the have someone to play goalie.

Miller's wife is an actress in california, so he will be more willing to go to a western team as a UFA.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 01:44 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
If the Preds continue looking like an AHL team, expect us to sell. In order of likelyhood, I see us shopping: Gill, SK, Hannan, Legwand, Gaustad, Erat, Fisher, and Blum.
What would Legwand and Gaustad cost? (Not together in a package, in separate deals/value of both alone)

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 03:35 AM
ohnoeszz

Quote:
The problem with Fish is that he has Nashville connections and a NTC. I doubt he would waive and leave his wife's town.

Anyways, Fisher has been played in too high of a role here, so he looks awful. The problem is that we are trying to make him a 1st line center, when in reality, he is a mediocre #2 or a great #3. If your team is looking for a great depth guy that can be awesome defensively and chip in offensively, go for it. If you need an offensive center, look elsewhere.

Price is a 1st+(depending on how high) or equivalent prospect.
Hmm... definitely something VAN should look into. Somethings got to give down the middle with Kesler's injuries and Schroeder's lack of size. They need a defensive C that can eat up defensive zone starts and play against top lines.

Off to make a thread....

ohnoeszz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 03:46 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Morrow will likely be gone no matter what.

If it doesn't look like we'll re-sign Roy, he'll possibly get traded as well.

Don't see Jagr moving, personally.

I hope Robidas gets traded, won't be happening though.

No one else is worth enough to make this list.
Dallas is in 8th place right now....

Of course, they're tied with a bunch of teams, but I think it's premature to call them definite sellers.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote