HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Perry to Pittsburgh (if he doesn't want to re-sign w/ Ducks)

Old
03-06-2013, 07:44 PM
Exit Dose

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelm View Post
The Ducks could pick from the following pieces from Penguins:

Dustin Jeffrey -- does have the upside to be a very good 2nd/3rd line C but won't get that opportunity in PIT (and could make a nice replacement for Koivu eventually)
Not needed. We have several options to replace Koivu(Bonino, Rakell, Wagner, Karlsson).

Quote:
Brooks Orpik -- if they want another veteran Dman (or Niskanen if they want someone younger)
Not an attractive piece for Perry. D isn't a major need for us, though Brooks would be quite a bit of an upgrade over Lydman. If we wanted Orpik, I think we would just work out a deal with Pitt separately, if they ever start shopping him that is.

Quote:
one of Maatta/Dumoulin (or possibly Despres if they don't want Brooks/Niskanen. I say this because Pens won't give up 2 roster Dmen)
D prospects just aren't a need. Those guys would be nice to have, but any team that enters the bidding with prospect options at center and the wings should win out.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:14 PM
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

I love the thought of Perry on the Pens....

But I must admit that 8.7+8.7+7.5+5 is a lot of money for four top6 players, and even if I agree that it can be done, I would really much prefer getting two goodish wingers for what Perry would cost on his own. I think Perry on the Pens is just overkill.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:46 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelm View Post
Agreed.

And agreed, as well.

The Ducks could pick from the following pieces from Penguins:

Dustin Jeffrey -- does have the upside to be a very good 2nd/3rd line C but won't get that opportunity in PIT (and could make a nice replacement for Koivu eventually)
+
Brooks Orpik -- if they want another veteran Dman (or Niskanen if they want someone younger)
+
one of Maatta/Dumoulin (or possibly Despres if they don't want Brooks/Niskanen. I say this because Pens won't give up 2 roster Dmen)
+
1st round pick in 2013
+
possibly a conditional 1st round pick in 2014 if they sign him to an extension

(+ Tyler Kennedy would also be available as a throw-in if Ducks were interested)

Now, I'm not saying the Pens will part with ALL of the assets mentioned above, but you can see how a package deal could be constructed based on those pieces.
lost me at Jeffrey, just a bunch of spare parts pretty much, Orpik is nothing better than what we have

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:48 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutter16 View Post
Well said. I really really hope a deal could be worked out with these parts. I'd thrown in Maatta before Dumoulin.
Of course you'd like that, Jeffrey/Orpik/Kennedy, not much value to Anaheim, we have plenty of depth. don't need spare parts

Old
03-07-2013, 12:18 AM
Predatorbill

vCash: 50
If I'm the Ducks, I keep Perry and make the playoff run. Pretty much a no brainer.

Predatorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:45 AM
Some Other Flame

Pens fans trying to get high quality wingers for scraps and pennies on the dollar? Surprise, surprise.

Some Other Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 01:37 AM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Other Flame View Post
Pens fans trying to get high quality wingers for scraps and pennies on the dollar? Surprise, surprise.
35-year-old impending UFA winger on an expensive contract who isn't producing as well as he has 6+ years ago for an entire prospect pool and this year's 1st round pick? surprise, surprise.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 02:05 AM
Some Other Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by domaug View Post
35-year-old impending UFA winger on an expensive contract who isn't producing as well as he has 6+ years ago for an entire prospect pool and this year's 1st round pick? surprise, surprise.
Maatta represents the Pens entire prospect pool?

Old
03-07-2013, 02:21 AM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Maatta represents the Pens entire prospect pool?
i don't know what you're referring to, but i remember you asking for Pouliot/Morrow +, which would effectively weaken the Pens' prospect pool.

i know i'm exaggerating, but at least i admit it. if you think players like Niskanen and Maatta are scraps, then there's nothing to discuss with you.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:28 AM
SensTopLine

I'm still getting my hopes up that he tests the free agency market. I might have to remake my user account if all doesn't pan out!

SensTopLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 02:31 AM
Honour Over Glory

I don't see the Ducks really interested in much from the Pens that helps them right now besides someone like Chris Kunitz and we sort of need him.

I could see the Ducks maybe wanting him back, he's not a rental, is familiar to the team and the area (it'd be a Kunitz + type of deal). I don't want to see it happen, Perry would be awesome but I still think he tries to sign in Canada in the East to be closer to his family. And I like Kunitz, I like what he brings to the Pens top 6.

If I were to take a stab at it...

To Anaheim: Christ Kunitz + Brooks Orpik + 2nd in 2013 (conditional on Perry signing, if not, turns to a 6th).
To Pittsburgh: Corey Perry + Toni Lydman + Ducks 2nd 2013 (turns into 5th if Perry signs).

Perry, Crosby, Dupuis
Bennett, Malkin, Neal
Cooke, Sutter, Kennedy
Glass, Vitale, Adams

Despres, Letang
Niskanen, Martin
Lydman, Engelland

Kunitz, Getzlaf, Selanne
Etem, Ryan, Beleskey
Cogliano, Koivu, Winnik
Maroon, Bonino, McMillan

Orpik, Beauchemin
Fowler, Sbisa
Souray, Allen

Last edited by Honour Over Glory: 03-07-2013 at 02:40 AM.
Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 03:16 AM
Exit Dose

We don't need Orpik, and chances are if Lydman is departing, this year or in the summer, it's to create an opening for Lindholm or Vatanen.

On a side note, Souray would still be paired up with Beauch even if we traded for another defensemen. Those two have been our best pairing all season long.

Old
03-07-2013, 03:21 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Wow our team looks disgusting if we trade Perry, once again no thanks, rather try and win this year

Old
03-07-2013, 02:40 PM
dustybreaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
Wow our team looks disgusting if we trade Perry, once again no thanks, rather try and win this year
Ask yourself what makes more sense in the long run, losing him to FA this summer and maybe winning a playoff series. Or potentially getting something for him that would potentially help the team in the long run and still maybe win a playoff series.

dustybreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 02:47 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustybreaks View Post
Ask yourself what makes more sense in the long run, losing him to FA this summer and maybe winning a playoff series. Or potentially getting something for him that would potentially help the team in the long run and still maybe win a playoff series.
"Contenders" don't trade their highly valued upcoming UFAs. See Minnesota and New Jersey last season.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 02:50 PM
bobbyflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
or you could trade Perry for someone who can help now as opposed to futures or letting him walk away for nothing. Seems like better asset management no?

bobbyflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Dangles78

Quote:
You have some creepy need to be involved with everything Pittsburgh on this forum.

Dangles78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 03:18 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Garrity View Post
"Contenders" don't trade their highly valued upcoming UFAs. See Minnesota and New Jersey last season.

I think you mean Nashville. Please remind me how holding on to Suter worked out for them.

Ogelthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 04:16 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Kunitz+bennett+first makes more sense.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 04:17 PM
illpucks

Perry for Malkin

illpucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 04:58 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogelthorpe View Post
I think you mean Nashville. Please remind me how holding on to Suter worked out for them.
Yes, I meant Nashville obviously.

I'm not saying whether it works or not, I'm just saying what happens the vast majority of the time.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 05:49 PM
WarriorScholar

You know who would look good on the Ducks?

Perry.

Still don't know why he wants to leave, but I guess the power of being the # 1 UFA strikes again. There will certainly be a bidding war, and he will get Parise money...if not more.

If I was a Ducks fan, I'd want him traded at the deadline. I understand wanting to win the cup, but the odds of that happening arent great no matter how good the team is. That may sound like a dumb idea, basically just giving up on the year...but that's the situation they are in...as ****** as it is. I'd rather get a significant return making my team better down the road. And there would no doubt be a significant return even though he is UFA. A Jordan Staal type return( Perry better than Staal but Jordan had another year left) .

Anyways, just a horrible situation for ducks fans. We will see what happens with our big guys next year (Malkin and letang ) ...never fun when contract time rolls around.

WarriorScholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 05:50 PM
Some Other Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles78 View Post
You have some creepy need to be involved with everything Pittsburgh on this forum.
Oh please. Don't project your own inadequacies on others. My posts regarding the Pens have come in two ways, either in proposed trades with the Flames or this one.

But clearly, my post hit a nerve, so I'll just leave it at that.

Old
03-07-2013, 05:54 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Oh please. Don't project your own inadequacies on others. My posts regarding the Pens have come in two ways, either in proposed trades with the Flames or this one.

But clearly, my post hit a nerve, so I'll just leave it at that.
what inadequacies? he's a Pens fan posting in a thread about the Pens. you're a Flames fan who came in here to start crap.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:00 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustybreaks View Post
Playoff revenue is important when you're a small market team.