HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ribeiro to Ana, Chi, Tor, Van, Det, Ott?

Old
03-06-2013, 09:55 PM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

vCash: 500
Anybody remember the Kaberle trade two years ago? 32 year old pending UFA who was one of the top point producers at his position, and the return was a 1st, a nice prospect (Joe Colborne), and a conditional 2nd. Why shouldn't the Caps expect a similar return for Ribeiro, should they choose to shop him?

Zoidberg Jesus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:03 PM
Capathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus View Post
Anybody remember the Kaberle trade two years ago? 32 year old pending UFA who was one of the top point producers at his position, and the return was a 1st, a nice prospect (Joe Colborne), and a conditional 2nd. Why shouldn't the Caps expect a similar return for Ribeiro, should they choose to shop him?
Because these fans jobs are not on the line. Only Washington seems to keep thier gm around while he dumpster dives and stands pat.

Capathetic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:08 PM
Hi-wayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post
I could see Ribeiro returning a late 1st rounder as a rental.

But you can probably cross the Canucks off that list. It's pretty clear that Gillis doesn't move such assets for rental players. Not only has he said it openly, but he's backed that up with every one of his moves.

Look for the Canucks to land a bottom-6 type rental player for a 3rd or 4th round pick (or equivalent value). This is Gillis' MO, as we've seen with his previous moves (Higgins, Lappiere, Pahlsson - all deadline rentals for the bottom-6, all acquired for mid-round picks).
I agree with you. The only Washington player I could see Gillis making a serious offer for at the deadline would be John Carlson who would not be a rental and I doubt Washington would be willing to part with for what vancouver could offer.

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:01 AM
Roshi

Our last 10 is 7-3-0. Ribeiro is 21 gp 8+17. I think we take our chances on the playoffs race rather than leftovers.

UFA or not, anything less what we paid for him isnt happening.

Roshi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:05 AM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
As I've said in other threads, I'd be willing to give up Brandon Pirri + Dylan Olsen (No 2nd round pick this year) for him. But, anything more than that.. no thanks.
I'm with this bid, could maybe do more depending on injuries.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:14 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Difference in draft quality is pretty huge.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:19 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
I think Toronto would say no thank you. He's a rat and on the wrong side of 30 for our team.
And he could thrive playing with Lupul and Kessel being a pure playmaker.

Kessel-Ribeiro-Lupul
Kulemin-Grabo-Komarov
Frattin-Kadri-MacArthur
Mclement-Bozak-Mclaren/Orr

Thats about as deep of a forward group that there is in this league. Nonetheless, I doubt the Leafs are interested in rentals.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:21 AM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Difference in draft quality is pretty huge.
they say that every draft

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:34 AM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Ehhh I don't want that other word for cat on this team.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:35 AM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Ehhh I don't want that other word for cat on this team.
Neither. I'm pretty sure Koivu doesn't as well.

Paul4587 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:38 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Depends on which draft we're talking about and which team the pick(s) are coming from. This upcoming draft is regarded as a very good one, I can't see too many GM's willing to give up their pick. The Leafs got a good prospect, who's a project, and a very late pick in a weaker class.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:51 AM
Halpysback

Wow, Ribeiro has become the most underrated player in the league since the last skilled caps player everyone **** on until he went elsewhere. Over a PPG, 10th in the league in points playing on an extremely dysfunctional team that is just starting to get it together. One man zone gaining machine, absolute gold on the PP, feisty around the net, doesn't shy from contact, not a defensive stalwart but not really a liability either, competes in all three zones. Don't see any of this diving people lose themselves over. Can't win a faceoff to save his life but who the hell can these days. Reminds me a ton of Danny Briere when he's firing on all cylinders.

Vancouver, New York, Toronto or Chicago could benefit massively from getting him.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:52 AM
tANNERRRR54

Eh, don't want him in Anaheim

tANNERRRR54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:54 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
they say that every draft
This time it's accurate.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:58 AM
Halpysback

Quote:
This time it's accurate.
Yeah just like every other year.

Every draft is super pimped by the deadline, then relentlessly crapped on from playoffs until draft day, then super hyped on draft day, then crapped on by whoever lost and hyped by whoever won. In the end all drafts end up roughly the same. Aside from the top 10 this draft isn't much better than last year's if at all, and that's only because the top 10 has more forwards, in particular centers, which is what teams really covet super hard. Last year's draft was weak on high end centers after Grigorienko's obligatory fall.

20-30 this year (which is what the 1st coming back from Ribeiro would be) isn't gonna be much more valuable than 20-30 last year.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:06 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:

Every draft is super pimped by the deadline, then relentlessly crapped on from playoffs until draft day, then super hyped on draft day, then crapped on by whoever lost and hyped by whoever won. In the end all drafts end up roughly the same. Aside from the top 10 this draft isn't much better than last year's if at all, and that's only because the top 10 has more forwards, in particular centers, which is what teams really covet super hard. Last year's draft was weak on high end centers after Grigorienko's obligatory fall.

20-30 this year (which is what the 1st coming back from Ribeiro would be) isn't gonna be much more valuable than 20-30 last year.
You're mistaking the trends here for the reality.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:11 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:

Pimped? last years wasn't all that pimped. The reason this draft is good is because it's so deep. Guys in the 20-30 range are supposedly going to be similar to ones well into the second round. This was simply not the case last year.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:32 AM
Capathetic

The draft is a complete crap shoot after the top ten. It is every year when dealing with teenagers.

Capathetic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 01:55 AM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
You're mistaking the trends here for the reality.
I haven't been paying too close of attention. Are they calling this another 2003 or am I missing something?

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 02:03 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Perhaps for that very reason. Kaberle has been a disaster ever since leaving Toronto and I wager many GMs will second guess going after Ribeiro for a ransom price. I wouldn't mind him on the Canucks but why overpay when we can toss an offer in the off season?

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 02:06 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
I haven't been paying too close of attention. Are they calling this another 2003 or am I missing something?
Pretty close to 2003.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:31 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Count Ottawa out on Ribeiro.

No disrespect to the player, but Bryan Murray has made it abundantly clear that if we're spending valuable assets on adding a guy, he needs to be in our 3+ year plan. Ottawa won't be in on any rentals this year.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 05:48 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Depends on which draft we're talking about and which team the pick(s) are coming from. This upcoming draft is regarded as a very good one, I can't see too many GM's willing to give up their pick. The Leafs got a good prospect, who's a project, and a very late pick in a weaker class.
This year, draft is strong in the top-10. Everything later is mediocre.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 05:55 AM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedthought View Post
If Ribeirio was available to the Canucks for a decent price,I would jump at him in a heart beat.

Truth be told,I dont think Vancouver would have whats needed to get it done.
If Ballard + Schroeder/Gaunce were enough would Washington do that? I'd be willing to throw in a 2nd as well.

Just realized Ribeiro is a rental. Highest I'd go is Ballard + 2nd.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 06:11 AM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
If Ballard + Schroeder/Gaunce were enough would Washington do that? I'd be willing to throw in a 2nd as well.

Just realized Ribeiro is a rental. Highest I'd go is Ballard + 2nd.
Ballard has no value to the Caps.

caps4cup is online now   Reply With Quote