HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-07-2013, 01:25 AM
  #326
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyZetts View Post
He isn't a heavyweight, and yes every team wants toughness+skill. Beaulieu has the tools to be a legit stud and bring some size toughness. Stewart will always be a secondary scorer. Hefty price to pay imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
only if you consider bourque a negative asset... which could be argued given his disastrous season last year and the term on his contract.

otherwise, Beaulieu is a highly rated prospect, puck moving big bodied dman who was drafted at the same spot as Stewart and who has made a quick/seamless transition to the pro game.

Stewart at his best is worth that, sure, but his inconsistency vs. Beaulieu's potential is, at this stage, not worth it imo

exactly... and beaulieu is/should be considered a big asset.
In my viewings, Beaulieu hasn't been physically imposing, at all. He's tall and can fight, but in actual game play I haven't seen him muscling opponents off the puck.

Roulin is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 01:49 AM
  #327
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING
 
McSorleyStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Algeria
Posts: 14,331
vCash: 500
On l'AC, Langdeau asked them what player the Habs should acquire (if they decided to trade), and Carbo said Ryan Clowe

McSorleyStick is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 01:53 AM
  #328
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING
 
McSorleyStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Algeria
Posts: 14,331
vCash: 500
Also, do we know when Diaz is coming back ?

If it's long term, we might look at a solid blue liner.

Since Diaz got injured, Markov has been averaging 27 mpg... which could explain his recent slump

Or do we call up Beaulieu?

McSorleyStick is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 03:01 AM
  #329
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
Nick Foligno on this team would be interesting for the bottom six. Chris Stewart interests me more than Ryan Clowe.
What's interesting with Foligno is that he could be brought for relatively cheap contrary to guys like Stewart, etc...

Kimota is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 03:11 AM
  #330
MoobMoob
EntertainingasanSTD
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Valhalla
Country: United States
Posts: 868
vCash: 500
I wouldn't mind Regehr if the trade didn't cost too much and he was willing to waive his NMC should Buffalo stays out of the playoff picture. If he's willing to sign short term(1-2 years) in the offseason I also wouldn't mind the insurance if Tinordi's not ready to come up.

MoobMoob is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 03:13 AM
  #331
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,806
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
On l'AC, Langdeau asked them what player the Habs should acquire (if they decided to trade), and Carbo said Ryan Clowe
A trade involving Clowe could only be after the Sharks were eliminated from contention for the playoffs IMO.He would bring some necessary toughness along with his ability to actually play and earn a regular shift unlike a lot of the others mentioned.

S Bah is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 03:46 AM
  #332
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 6,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
A trade involving Clowe could only be after the Sharks were eliminated from contention for the playoffs IMO.He would bring some necessary toughness along with his ability to actually play and earn a regular shift unlike a lot of the others mentioned.
Would be funny if San Jose did not make the playoffs.

I am not a Thornton fan.

ETA: wow, standing are tight in the west.

DAChampion is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 05:02 AM
  #333
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABSINCE76 View Post
Flip Ryder for the best pick possible,same with Gionta(give the C to Pacioretty),sign Collberg to pro contract and call him up,let Dumont play.
That would be a big step backwards.

Plus, you can't sign and call up Collberg.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 05:56 AM
  #334
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
Also, do we know when Diaz is coming back ?

If it's long term, we might look at a solid blue liner.

Since Diaz got injured, Markov has been averaging 27 mpg... which could explain his recent slump

Or do we call up Beaulieu?
Beaulieu is not ready.
We have this kid called Weber who should be playing over Kaberle.
I really don't understand why he hasn't been given much of a chance this year.

Kriss E is online now  
Old
03-07-2013, 06:11 AM
  #335
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 6,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Beaulieu is not ready.
We have this kid called Weber who should be playing over Kaberle.
I really don't understand why he hasn't been given much of a chance this year.
They signed Bouillon this summer.

I think when they did that, they made the rational assumption that it made sense to have 8 dmen because injuries happen frequently.

The risk of doing so was that we would lose development opportunities if injuries happened.

However, the risk of not signing 8 dmen would be that we would have had to trade 2nd and 3rd rounders if injuries did happen.

The damage is comparable, but I think the second scenario was more likely. Think of all the 2nd and 3rd rounders we lost in previous years when we didn't have too many dmen. This year, we were prepared for injuries, and then they never came except for Diaz.

DAChampion is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 06:13 AM
  #336
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,970
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Beaulieu is not ready.
We have this kid called Weber who should be playing over Kaberle.
I really don't understand why he hasn't been given much of a chance this year.
It's the second management team that has no confidence in him. They had him in the ranks when they signed Cube. They still have him in the ranks while they are playing Kaberle - due to the Diaz injury. At what point do we stop asking when he gets a chance and start to wonder if maybe there might be something more to this?

__________________
Shawn Wilken,
Head of Hockey Department
LastWordOnSports.com


Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 06:41 AM
  #337
onice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Beaulieu is not ready.
We have this kid called Weber who should be playing over Kaberle.
I really don't understand why he hasn't been given much of a chance this year.
This has been the case under two different coaching and management groups. Maybe they know something we don't.

onice is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 06:53 AM
  #338
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL
 
YMCMBeaulieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
What's interesting with Foligno is that he could be brought for relatively cheap contrary to guys like Stewart, etc...
I agree he'd be cheaper than guys like Stewart but I still think the asking price for him would be high as he's young and the Blue Jackets gave up a very good defenseman in Methot to get him.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 06:55 AM
  #339
Richiebottles
Big Mike !
 
Richiebottles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,710
vCash: 500
I would like us to go after Murray. I think he would add a nice piece to the blue-line.

Richiebottles is online now  
Old
03-07-2013, 07:18 AM
  #340
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,606
vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
On l'AC, Langdeau asked them what player the Habs should acquire (if they decided to trade), and Carbo said Ryan Clowe
So this should settle it then. The Habs should not go after Clowe.

Le Tricolore is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 07:23 AM
  #341
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
So this should settle it then. The Habs should not go after Clowe.
I agree. I don't understand why they would flip Cole for Clowe. They're both slow this season and most likely out of shape.

vokiel is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 07:32 AM
  #342
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,994
vCash: 500
Foligno would be a decent, cheap piece I think (but he's damn ugly). Hopefully Bourque can come back soon though.

We absolutely have to get a good rental d-man, this is a good year for us in the East we should take advantage.

WhiskeySeven is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 07:48 AM
  #343
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic
 
Captain Smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
I agree. I don't understand why they would flip Cole for Clowe. They're both slow this season and most likely out of shape.
Except Cole had bursts of speed and is known for his speed. Clowe has always been slow as molasses.

Captain Smurf is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 07:54 AM
  #344
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
It's the second management team that has no confidence in him. They had him in the ranks when they signed Cube. They still have him in the ranks while they are playing Kaberle - due to the Diaz injury. At what point do we stop asking when he gets a chance and start to wonder if maybe there might be something more to this?
probably, but previous management played him at least, wether we think they were right or wrong in scratching him is one thing, but the actual management group didnt really try him out - even in the intra-squad game he was barely used (think he was playing forward, not sure though) wich is kind of odd considering they said that drafting and developping players was top priority, so to speak.

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 07:59 AM
  #345
Stan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 576
vCash: 500
No Clowe for me. He can't skate

Stan is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 08:03 AM
  #346
IceDaddy
24 and Counting
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
Also, do we know when Diaz is coming back ?

If it's long term, we might look at a solid blue liner.

Since Diaz got injured, Markov has been averaging 27 mpg... which could explain his recent slump

Or do we call up Beaulieu?
He isnt ready, Id call up Tinordi before Beaulieu

IceDaddy is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 08:09 AM
  #347
Ghetto Sangria
Groupthink
 
Ghetto Sangria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Foligno would be a decent, cheap piece I think (but he's damn ugly). Hopefully Bourque can come back soon though.

We absolutely have to get a good rental d-man, this is a good year for us in the East we should take advantage.
And for all you pugilists, Foligno can pretty well fight anyone who's not a "heavy weight".

Habs should get thorburn for that! A goon who can play upwards of 10 minutes a game

Ghetto Sangria is online now  
Old
03-07-2013, 08:19 AM
  #348
onice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
probably, but previous management played him at least, wether we think they were right or wrong in scratching him is one thing, but the actual management group didnt really try him out - even in the intra-squad game he was barely used (think he was playing forward, not sure though) wich is kind of odd considering they said that drafting and developping players was top priority, so to speak.
Two things.

1) A team that finished last in the East tried him.
2) A team that was riddled with injuries tried him.

If you noticed this year neither one of those cases apply.

onice is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 08:57 AM
  #349
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Two things.

1) A team that finished last in the East tried him.
2) A team that was riddled with injuries tried him.

If you noticed this year neither one of those cases apply.
Thank goodness for that. I feel bad for Weber though. The kid has been a good teammate, kept quiet about his issues with his usage. I think he deserves a real shot in the NHL. He may yet turn into that solid 2nd pair D PP specialist yet. We know he does well in the playoffs against the bruins at least.

Halifaxhab* is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 09:09 AM
  #350
jaffy27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereforaquickpost View Post
Gionta + Weber + Kristo

Stewart + Jackman

Gives us a top-6 W core of Patches, Stewart, Gallagher, and Bourque going forward.

Jackman is a FA I believe but adds some veteran influence to replace Gionta and is a great guy to have for a playoff run.
Blues GM would get fired on the spot. We pretty much give up overpaid player on the decline + undersized Dman who never plays + Kristo who is a decent prospect but lets not get ahead of ourselves for Power Fwd + Physical Dman.....not going to happen, I mean if it does, Bergevin will win GM of the year hands down

jaffy27 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.