HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vancouver-Columbus Blue Jackets

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-06-2013, 06:47 PM
  #1
geebaan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
Vancouver-Columbus Blue Jackets

okay, so got shredded for my last idea, so lets try again....

Derik Brassard

for

2nd Round Pick
5th Round Pick
Anton Rodin

geebaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 06:57 PM
  #2
CanuckLuck
Registered User
 
CanuckLuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebaan View Post
okay, so got shredded for my last idea, so lets try again....

Derik Brassard

for

2nd Round Pick
5th Round Pick
Anton Rodin


Come on man you're making our fan base look terrible.

Columbus needs SOME value for a 25 year old 40 pt center. Wake up.

CanuckLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 07:28 PM
  #3
gojackets1
Someday.
 
gojackets1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 3,427
vCash: 500
Derick.

That is all.

gojackets1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:58 PM
  #4
Cash for Nash
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckLuck View Post


Come on man you're making our fan base look terrible.

Columbus needs SOME value for a 25 year old 40 pt center. Wake up.
This has to be a Maple leaf proposal in disguise. Terrible.

Cash for Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:05 PM
  #5
ronnyweed
Registered User
 
ronnyweed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,637
vCash: 500
Kassian for a 3rd

ronnyweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 03:50 AM
  #6
major major
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebaan View Post
okay, so got shredded for my last idea, so lets try again....

Derik Brassard

for

2nd Round Pick
5th Round Pick
Anton Rodin
A lot of Canucks fans are interested in Brassard's value... hmmm..
He is lost on the Jackets, but Brass has enough skill that on Vancouver's second line he could easily go over 50 or 60 pts. He isn't tough or good at faceoffs, but on the skill alone I think he'd be worth the Canucks 1st rounder.

major major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 03:55 AM
  #7
Sergei Shirokov
Registered User
 
Sergei Shirokov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post
A lot of Canucks fans are interested in Brassard's value... hmmm..
He is lost on the Jackets, but Brass has enough skill that on Vancouver's second line he could easily go over 50 or 60 pts. He isn't tough or good at faceoffs, but on the skill alone I think he'd be worth the Canucks 1st rounder.
We don't need skill.

We need a two way center who is reliable defensively, can win faceoffs, and chip in offensively, exc. obviously added offensive skilll would be great & is also somewhat of a priority, but I would rather Goc than Brassard in terms of what they bring at this point.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 04:02 AM
  #8
Rey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,453
vCash: 500
How about Booth and a 2nd? We'll throw in Kevin Connauton and/or Anton Rodin as well.

Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 04:03 AM
  #9
Sergei Shirokov
Registered User
 
Sergei Shirokov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
How about Booth and a 2nd? We'll throw in Kevin Connauton and/or Anton Rodin as well.
Would rather keep Booth alone then trade him for Brassard then having to dish out a 2nd only makes it worse.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 04:04 AM
  #10
Rey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Would rather keep Booth alone then trade him for Brassard then having to dish out a 2nd only makes it worse.
That's your opinion. I'd trade a 1st for Brassard in a second. Would really not care for Booth. Booth will play better on a worst team, guy doesn't fit with the canucks. Take out the salary, and use it to re-sign Higgins. Raymond can walk at the end of the season. Brassard can learn under Kesler and Hank.

Teams going to find a 3rd line center eventually, if you are going to overpay. Overpay for the right player. Might as well find a guy that can step in the 2C since Kesler seems is injured, maybe even slot in the 2nd line as a play making winger for Kesler. I wanted Goc on the Canucks team since he was with the Sharks, but he, for the price, isn't worth acquiring at this point.

I've said it before, someone should pick up Brassard, i still believe there is potential and he's still young and there's room to grow. Develop him properly, and he's a potential core piece. His defense can get better, and every young player struggles at face offs.


Last edited by Rey: 03-07-2013 at 04:19 AM.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 04:21 AM
  #11
Sergei Shirokov
Registered User
 
Sergei Shirokov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
That's your opinion. I'd trade a 1st for Brassard in a second. Would really not care for Booth. Booth will play better on a worst team, guy doesn't fit with the canucks. Take out the salary, and use it to re-sign Higgins. Raymond can walk at the end of the season. Brassard can learn under Kesler and Hank.

Teams going to find a 3rd line center eventually, if you are going to overpay. Overpay for the right player. Might as well find a guy that can step in the 2C since Kesler seems is injured, maybe even slot in the 2nd line as a play making winger for Kesler. I wanted Goc on the Canucks team since he was with the Sharks, but he, for the price, isn't worth acquiring at this point.

I've said it before, someone should pick up Brassard, i still believe there is potential and he's still young and there's room to grow. Develop him properly, and he's a potential core piece. His defense can get better, and every young player struggles at face offs.
I wouldn't Brassard doesn't bring much other than offense, and he hasn't even shown the ability to produce like a top 6 forward. He isn't great on faceoffs, isn't physical. Not a dynamo defensively, Not what a playoff team needs. Not what we need in a 3rd line center role, nevermind taking a top 6 winger away to fill that spot.

Booth brings speed, power and offensive ability. He hasn't been producing much but he has been unlucky, recently he has been one of our best players, and has been doing alot of great things.

He is someone we need, cause he can bring that physical punch to the game with his big hits. Really he is what we need going into the playoffs, I am a fan of Brassard but Booth's game is more suited for this team going into the playoffs.


Edit (replying to your edit): I believe there is upside there too, atleast to become a 50 point guy, but value with players like this doesn't go on upside, and I agree that maybe overpaying a bit for the right player and the perfect fit might make sense, but Brassard isn't the perfect player and perfect fit we need for that role. I would rather have Bozak, he fits what we need more.

And his contract isn't much better than Booth's only 700k better, that's not enough to sign Raymond or Higgins. So the contract in either case shouldn't matter.


Last edited by Sergei Shirokov: 03-07-2013 at 04:26 AM.
Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 04:29 AM
  #12
Rey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
I wouldn't Brassard doesn't bring much other than offense, and he hasn't even shown the ability to produce like a top 6 forward. He isn't great on faceoffs, isn't physical. Not a dynamo defensively, Not what a playoff team needs. Not what we need in a 3rd line center role, nevermind taking a top 6 winger away to fill that spot.

Booth brings speed, power and offensive ability. He hasn't been producing much but he has been unlucky, recently he has been one of our best players, and has been doing alot of great things.

He is someone we need, cause he can bring that physical punch to the game with his big hits. Really he is what we need going into the playoffs, I am a fan of Brassard but Booth's game is more suited for this team going into the playoffs.
Again. Disagree. Booth hasn't shown anything in a Canucks uniform. He's a failed acquisition. Canucks should be trying to move his contract at the off season. His physical punch isn't enough to be effective. All he does is drive to the net, but there's no finish. He doesn't gel with Kesler at all to be on the 2nd line.

I get it, what you want is a face off specialist that can play defensive like Manny Malholtra. Problem is, Malholtra was a guy so focused on defense, that when you needed offense, he'd never give it to you. There will be guys available at the deadline as rentals, rent one. These guys aren't worth investing big money into, unless you can sign them cheap. Sure you want to shutdown oppositions top lines, but the team isn't doing anything when it's defending all the time. Teams a run and gun team now, not a trap team.

Want a face off guy? Get Columbus to add Mark Letestu.

A guy you want? Paul Gustad probably but come on now, he isn't worth his contract and everyone knows it.


Last edited by Rey: 03-07-2013 at 04:45 AM.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 04:46 AM
  #13
Sergei Shirokov
Registered User
 
Sergei Shirokov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Again. Disagree. Booth hasn't shown anything in a Canucks uniform. He's a failed acquisition. Canucks should be trying to move his contract at the off season. His physical punch isn't enough to be effective. All he does is drive to the net, but there's no finish. He doesn't gel with Kesler at all to be on the 2nd line.

I get it, what you want is a face off specialist that can play defensive like Manny Malholtra. Problem is, Malholtra was a guy so focused on defense, that when you needed offense, he'd never give it to you. There will be guys available at the deadline as rentals, rent one. These guys aren't worth investing big money into, unless you can sign them cheap. Sure you want to shutdown oppositions top lines, but the team isn't doing anything when it's defending all the time. Teams a run and gun team now, not a trap team.

Want a face off guy? Get Columbus to add Mark Letestu.

A guy you want? Paul Gustad probably but come on now, he isn't worth his contract and everyone knows it.
Actually I want a two-way guy that is good on faceoffs and good defensively. Ala Tyler Bozak. Although if I had to choose between an offensive guy who isn't great defensively or on draws like Brassard, or a defensive guy who doesn't produce a ton but can add some production like Goc. For this team I would take Goc.

Booth brings what this team needs, he battles hard and is fearless. Goes to the tough areas, wins the battles, draw penalties. Hasn't produced but has done the right things and will score if he continues too.

He is playing what we need in the playoffs. Remember everyone whining about how soft we were after the finals? Well we bring in this guy who is fearless and is everything but soft and now people are whining to get rid of him.

I guess people also forget how well he was playing with Kesler and Higgins last year when he was really playing his game (12 points in 15 games) and how he would have scored 20 goals and had 40 points atleast if he wasn't hurt.

He has been one of our best and most effective forwards. Really what we need in the playoffs.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 04:49 AM
  #14
Rey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Actually I want a two-way guy that is good on faceoffs and good defensively. Ala Tyler Bozak. Although if I had to choose between an offensive guy who isn't great defensively or on draws like Brassard, or a defensive guy who doesn't produce a ton but can add some production like Goc. For this team I would take Goc.

Booth brings what this team needs, he battles hard and is fearless. Goes to the tough areas, wins the battles, draw penalties. Hasn't produced but has done the right things and will score if he continues too.

He is playing what we need in the playoffs. Remember everyone whining about how soft we were after the finals? Well we bring in this guy who is fearless and is everything but soft and now people are whining to get rid of him.

I guess people also forget how well he was playing with Kesler and Higgins last year when he was really playing his game (12 points in 15 games) and how he would have scored 20 goals and had 40 points atleast if he wasn't hurt.

He has been one of our best and most effective forwards. Really what we need in the playoffs.
Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. You've repeated yourself a few times already. ala, this isn't going anywhere. Booth and Ballard should be tops on Gillis "to move" list in the off season. Raymond should not be re-signed. Booth on his A game isn't better than Hansen, Higgins, Kesler, Burrows, Sedins. Don't see how you think, he is one of the Canucks best forwards.

Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 04:51 AM
  #15
Sergei Shirokov
Registered User
 
Sergei Shirokov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. You've repeated yourself a few times already. ala, this isn't going anywhere. Booth and Ballard should be tops on Gillis "to move" list in the off season. Raymond should not be re-signed.
Luongo should be at the top of his "to move" list, and firmly higher than anyone else. Then Ballard.

Booth should stay, and I agree Raymond should be let go, he or Higgins, maybe both if we feel Jensen is ready.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 04:55 AM
  #16
Rey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Luongo should be at the top of his "to move" list, and firmly higher than anyone else. Then Ballard.

Booth should stay, and I agree Raymond should be let go, he or Higgins, maybe both if we feel Jensen is ready.
Makes no sense to keep Booth over Higgins. Higgin is much more effective. Out of everyone on the roster, Higgins has the best chemistry with Kesler. Team needs a playmaker on that line unless Kesler starts learning to pass again. This is starting to off topic. I'm done.

Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 04:56 AM
  #17
Xav
Undrafted Free Agent
 
Xav's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cascadia
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Makes no sense to keep Booth over Higgins. Higgin is much more effective. Out of everyone on the roster, Higgins has the best chemistry with Kesler. Team needs a playmaker on that line.
Higgins also gives 125% every shift, every night.

I'd rather see Booth go than Higgins. He's our Jack of all trades.

Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 07:15 AM
  #18
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,903
vCash: 500
I feel like I read a similar proposal yesterday.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.