Soccer Discuss leagues around the world and the World Cup

2012/2013 German Bundesliga

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2013, 11:50 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

vCash: 500
FCK U23 v Waldhof tomorrow at noon. Would be awesome to be there, even if they tried to put it at the worst time so no-one could attend.

Much more exciting to watch then senior team against teams like Ingolstadt, Aalen, Sandhausen and so on.

Old
03-05-2013, 12:21 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier View Post
well, it's tough to say what will happen in the game. In real life, Arsenal would jump at the chance to get him imo. He is still a little inconsistent and gives up bad goals at times, but he's already a great ball stopper and has massive potential in terms of clearing the box at set pieces.
I did buy him, around 14 to 17 million (can't remember the actual number) and he has been a beast so far for me, especially in the CL against Valencia. He single handedly brought me to the semi-finals. Still inconsistent compared to Szech, but I think he will progress just fine.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:15 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

I was going to start a new FM13 game (haven't played it at all, haven't played any video games in months!) with Kaiserlautern and lead them to glory once more but I wanted to ask if there's another "worthier" team that's won the championship a long time ago and desperately needs another.

HSV is another option, any others?

Old
03-05-2013, 02:24 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
I was going to start a new FM13 game (haven't played it at all, haven't played any video games in months!) with Kaiserlautern and lead them to glory once more but I wanted to ask if there's another "worthier" team that's won the championship a long time ago and desperately needs another.

I'm in year 3 with Union and sitting in a CL place early in the season after just missing europe last year. Mattuschka's still bossing the midfield behind Can - Volland with Quiring and Jopek bombing down the wings.

Old
03-05-2013, 02:31 PM
The_Human_Atombomb

Quote:

Take your pick: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fu%C3%9...liga#Champions

Old
03-05-2013, 02:38 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Human_Atombomb View Post
Hamburg, Kaiserlaurtern or Gladbach. Hmm?

Old
03-05-2013, 02:39 PM
Schalkenullvier*

Quote:

schalke lol

Old
03-05-2013, 04:01 PM
cgf

Gladbach's a good one, some really good young pieces to work with.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:51 PM
XO

vCash: 180
TSV 1860 München

Old
03-07-2013, 06:44 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Derbysieger!

Old
03-07-2013, 01:51 PM
BSHH
HSVer & Rotflügel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post

Derbysieger!
Seeing your club's development team defeating the rival's top team certainly feels special*. However, I really miss Waldhof Mannheim and their production of rough and destructive defensemen (not only the Förster brothers, Kohler, Wörns and Steiner, but also Sebert, Schlindwein, Tsionanis and Dickgießer). Will we ever see a coach like Schlappner again?

Gruß,
BSHH

* However, the internet always offers the best laugh: Did you know that the club once was called Chio Waldhof 07 after receiving lousy DM 190,000.00 from the Chio potatoe chips company?

Last edited by BSHH: 03-07-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Old
03-08-2013, 12:12 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSHH View Post
Seeing your club's development team defeating the rival's top team certainly feels special*. However, I really miss Waldhof Mannheim and their production of rough and destructive defensemen (not only the Förster brothers, Kohler, Wörns and Steiner, but also Sebert, Schlindwein, Tsionanis and Dickgießer). Will we ever see a coach like Schlappner again?

Gruß,
BSHH

* However, the internet always offers the best laugh: Did you know that the club once was called Chio Waldhof 07 after receiving lousy DM 190,000.00 from the Chio potatoe chips company?
Yep it's great, always nice to beat your rivals, it's a shame local police pushed the DFB/Regional association to change the kick off time to 2pm on a Wednesday, otherwise it would of been a really good crowd. Our fans were chanting "Unsere Kleinen sind für euch zu groß!" after going 1-0 up as well

Something I notice as well, quite a few of our U23's are FCK fans as well (being from the area), so the game has big meaning for them as well, which is pretty cool.

The best Mannheim teams are a little before my time, I can only really remember towards the tailend of their time in the top 2 divisions. Though I know they had a pretty solid production lines of players for a while, till they went into financial meltdown. I'd like to think the FCK v Mannheim derby matches will come back in the top 2 divisions at some point, but Mannheim's finances are really bad at times.

Yeah I remember reading that after my Dad told me about that, quite funny really, could you imagine the uproar in Germany if a team changed their name to a chip company now?

Old
03-08-2013, 01:06 AM
cgf

That type of passion is why I love Union's current youth so much. Kids like Jopek and Quiring that are breaking through grew up loving the team. When they go out there they truly are one of the fans and you can see it in their play as both leave it all on the pitch. Add in just how much ass our kids are kicking for the junior team and with the senior side, and it's hard not to love our kids.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:09 AM
The_Human_Atombomb

My dad's cousin used to play for Waldhof back in the eighties when they were important. My father persists to this day he was the better one

Old
03-08-2013, 09:11 AM
Schalkenullvier*

Yeah, derbies are definetly more fun when teams are actually playing, see 1860 vs. bayern I know a lot of 96 supporters who wish nothing but hell for Braunschweig, but want to see them promoted so they have a real derby match again (none of that woflsburg replacement ****).

Old
03-08-2013, 12:34 PM
HajdukSplit

vCash: 214
some interesting games this week

Augsburg - Nurnberg (today)
Schalke - Dortmund
Furth - Hoffenheim
Hannover - Frankfurt

Interesting to see approach of Schalke in the derby with a crucial midweek CL match ahead.

Augsburg-Nurnberg and Furth-Hoffenheim are both six pointers. If Augsburg win today then they can realistically hope for 15th place. Loser of Furth-Hoffenheim is probably already down other than a miracle.

Hannover-Frankfurt is interesting because Frankfurt are in poor form at the moment and if things go to plan (Frankfurt losing away to H96) then they will probably drop out of 4th and wonder if they can recover

Old
03-08-2013, 02:07 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Schäfer

Old
03-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Schalkenullvier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit View Post
some interesting games this week

Augsburg - Nurnberg (today)
Schalke - Dortmund
Furth - Hoffenheim
Hannover - Frankfurt

Interesting to see approach of Schalke in the derby with a crucial midweek CL match ahead.

Augsburg-Nurnberg and Furth-Hoffenheim are both six pointers. If Augsburg win today then they can realistically hope for 15th place. Loser of Furth-Hoffenheim is probably already down other than a miracle.

Hannover-Frankfurt is interesting because Frankfurt are in poor form at the moment and if things go to plan (Frankfurt losing away to H96) then they will probably drop out of 4th and wonder if they can recover
Tank it

Old
03-09-2013, 09:15 AM
HajdukSplit

vCash: 214
Schalke toying with Dortmund so far

Meanwhile Hoffenheim up 2:0 against Furth, pretty much will send Furth down while Hoffenheim/Augsburg fight for the playoff spot (think 15th is too far away, especially because Augsburg lost yesterday)

Old
03-09-2013, 10:26 AM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

2:1

Good win for Schalke.

Lewandowski had a great chance near the end to mkae it a draw,

Schalke also 3 great chances at the end

Old
03-09-2013, 10:42 AM
cgf

Yeah, Pukki and Farfan really should've put that game away after Draxler set each of them up brilliantly there late. That kid has been great since taking over Holtby's spot in the middle.

Old
03-09-2013, 10:43 AM
Schalkenullvier*

Quote:
Tank it

awesome first half, terrible second... but all in all who cares

Highlight of the game: Lewandowski shooting it right into Götze's nuts ouch

Old
03-09-2013, 03:54 PM
Nose of Sutter

The lack of Bayern talk lately irks me

Seriously though, Fortuna Düsseldorf gave me a scare today, glad we pulled out the win but I do think these are good games for Bayern to have just not to get to complacent or anything (Not trying to sound arrogant as a Bayern supporter or anything)

Old
03-09-2013, 04:14 PM
Schalkenullvier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose of Sutter View Post

Seriously though, Fortuna Düsseldorf gave me a scare today, glad we pulled out the win but I do think these are good games for Bayern to have just not to get to complacent or anything (Not trying to sound arrogant as a Bayern supporter or anything)
you failed... bayern supporter = arrogant

The bayern talk isn't there because they already won seriously, bookmakers don't take bets for a bayern championship anymore

on another note, Thomas Schaaf has gotten really old.

Old
03-09-2013, 04:25 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose of Sutter View Post

Today's game was another neat illustration on how different things are this year. The last few years, we would have lost it, and one would have known it all the way after conceiding. This year, even when going down 20 minutes before the end, there's the feeling that the goal just will come. Even 17 points ahead, there's a remarkable drive in that group to not accept anything less than a win. Heynckes and Sammer really managed to cultivate a winning atmosphere, just looking at the reactions after the late goal to win things today. It's quite a feat to instill that kind of attitude into a team, and not see it peel off even in the light of a competition all but sealed in.

Quote:
you failed... bayern supporter = arrogant
Well, when we're not being arrogant, we're being quiet, thereby emulating the atmosphere at our home games.

Quote:
The bayern talk isn't there because they already won seriously, bookmakers don't take bets for a bayern championship anymore
Read today that we can realistically win the league against Hamburg if we keep winning and BVB/LEV tie one of their next two. That would be a won title in March. But it's jinxed now, obviously.

Closed Thread