Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Third time's a charm

Old
03-07-2013, 09:21 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

vCash: 500
Didn't watch the game, but how was the lines? I guess Bruce changed them a lot, but how were they from the get go?

quentez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:23 AM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

94-95: 48 game season, 16 wins.
12-13: 48 game season, 16 wins.

Meh.

Spicy Porkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:24 AM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
Didn't watch the game, but how was the lines? I guess Bruce changed them a lot, but how were they from the get go?
RGP
Beleskey-Bonino-Selanne
Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano
Etem-McMillan-Holland

Old
03-07-2013, 09:33 AM
JabbaJabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
As long as we dont get you guys in the first round of the playoffs :\, pheonix is one of the teams in the west i wouldn't want to play first round, they have first round upset written all over them. Normally i throw nashville on that list too but without suter im not too scared.
Agreed. Phoenix won twice and Anaheim only once, even though both teams got 4 points out of this miniplayoff series. I know it's a bit different thing in the real playoffs when the best team out of 7 games proceeds but still. There are no easy opponents in the playoffs and I can see Phoenix going atleast to 2nd round.

Anyway, good to see the Ducks win this one and great to see Hiller getting a shutout. I was actually wondering just yesterday, when does one our goalies get one and now Hiller did. Should do wonders to his confidence. I would like to see him starting against Calgary and if he plays well, let him start the next one too if he's not too tired. He should be rewarded even though last game wasn't so hard.

Looking at the schedule the Ducks don't get a long break until April 11th when they finally have 2 days off and then a 3 game break after 13th day. A lot of tough opponents to be played against, good thing is that the Ducks play a lot of home games.

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:02 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
RGP
Beleskey-Bonino-Selanne
Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano
Etem-McMillan-Holland
Probably the most talented 1st line in the league. 3rd line still a beast. The 2nd line looks like a big weakness to me. Finally Teemu's age has caught up with him, and Bonino can't justify a 2nd line center role at this stage of his career (although perhaps sometime in the future).

quentez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:07 AM
bumperkisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
Probably the most talented 1st line in the league. 3rd line still a beast. The 2nd line looks like a big weakness to me. Finally Teemu's age has caught up with him, and Bonino can't justify a 2nd line center role at this stage of his career (although perhaps sometime in the future).
meh. yesterday bonino looked like a top-6 forward to me. if selanne could produce at ES i think they'd work. but they don't really show good chemistry together and belesky don't really work on that line.

I'd like to go back to bells on the top line (still an effective top line with getzy and perry playing the way they are)

Ryan-bonino-selanne or when palms is back, palmieri-ryan-selanne (this really elevates our 2nd line)

God line (enough said)

Maroon-Bonino-4th RW ( I still believe maroon has been way better than any of our rookies called up so far, he was physical and showed great skill down below the goal line and on the boards. Also he didn't even seem slow a couple games in once he had confidence)

I don't think etem is ready, wouldn't mind if he was sent down, wouldn't hurt Holland ot spend another year in the A. 4th RW could be maybe DSP or staubitz. Seems like DSP is starting to play better down in norfolk. Or let mcmillan play the RW, he hasn't seemed like his rookie season call up, maybe a game or 2 more will get him more comfortable

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:24 AM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Getzlaf was a monster in all 3 zones last night. His work in the neutral zone is what produced both Anaheim goals.

That main board thread on Getzlaf is absolutely absurd, "har har har Getzlaf isn't even close, he only put up 9 goals last year!!!"

All I can tell from that thread, is that apparently last year is the only year that exists, and this year is the aberration of Getlaf's career....

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:10 AM
snowave

thank God that series is over..without a doubt, the most boring 3 games in Ducks history...my wife, dogs, and pet cricket all fell asleep last night in the 2nd period. I spent more time in the bathroom in the 3rd reading Cosmo than watching the game.

snowave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:15 AM
caliamad

RPG was awesome, but the 2nd line stunk. Thought Bonino was good but belesky and Selanne were like oil and water. Can't wait for kip to get healthy but think they should some swap etem and belesky until then.

I was nervous we sbisa and love joy were out there but Lydman/fowler was a great pairing.

caliamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:37 AM
5minsforfighting

These last three games was boring as hell.... good this is over.

5minsforfighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Time spent with the lead in this series:

PHX - 13:45
ANA - 85:11

Hold leads!

Old
03-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
RGP
Beleskey-Bonino-Selanne
Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano
Etem-McMillan-Holland
Can we call them MEH line? ?

How is McMillan looked?

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:32 PM
mighty all the way

We actually won the series which is kinda weird.

ANA 4 points (1 ROW)
PHO 4 Points (0 ROW)

mighty all the way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:34 PM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post

How is McMillan looked?
The only time I really noticed him (or that line in general) was when he got boarded in the 2nd or 3rd period.

Gibson Les Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 01:45 PM
5minsforfighting

Quote:
How is McMillan looked?
He was playing that night ?????

5minsforfighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 02:40 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Quote:

How is McMillan looked?
He was fine. He wasn't outstanding, but he has a lot of outside speed and he used it pretty well. He's obviously a more polished pro than Etem, for example, so he was better at anticipating plays and being smart. But the MEH line didn't play much, so it wasn't much of an impact overall.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:40 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
The only time I really noticed him (or that line in general) was when he got boarded in the 2nd or 3rd period.
I thought Etem looked good, he had a few nice rushes and a nice pass to Holland from behind the net.

Holland and Mcmuffin were meh, but I think Holly needs to stay in the lineup and get accustomed to the speed of the league before he really starts to make a contribution. Whether that happens this year or next, I can't decide.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegar Strokes View Post
I thought Etem looked good, he had a few nice rushes and a nice pass to Holland from behind the net.

Holland and Mcmuffin were meh, but I think Holly needs to stay in the lineup and get accustomed to the speed of the league before he really starts to make a contribution. Whether that happens this year or next, I can't decide.
I'm not at all worried about Holland right now. Bigger bodied forwards take some time.

While that line didn't do much offensively, I liked how they weren't a liability defensively.

Gibson Les Palms is offline   Reply With Quote