HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Thread

Old
03-06-2013, 06:23 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

vCash: 500
I don't want briere. Old and not as effective as he used to be.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 06:52 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Last year I'd be screaming for Briere, but he isn't what we need an we aren't contending. If we give up a 1st for him it'll be a waste.

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 07:19 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Last year I'd be screaming for Briere, but he isn't what we need an we aren't contending. If we give up a 1st for him it'll be a waste.
id drive to Nashville from Denver to personally slap Poile's face if he gave up a 1st for Briere. Id give them Goose plus a pick. If they wouldnt take it, I wouldnt care.

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:51 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I thought Stastny had one more year in addition to this onr

03-06-2013, 09:05 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I thought Stastny had one more year in addition to this onr
He has 1 year left at 6.6 mil than UFA. Just don't that in the cards for the Preds.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:23 PM
NoNecksCurse

pass on briere .. hell na.. poile should offer them a turd sandwich for him after the weber deal. i dont care if its business. and hell na again on briere. we need a young, long term forward that can score every night. not another "veteran" on the decline.. was awesome in the playoffs though

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:40 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

A decent "buy low" option may be Dany Heatley.

One more year at 7M, but I think his actual pay is lower. Wild are in cap trouble, and would likely be willing to part with Heatley for a mid-level prospect and pick.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:48 AM
PFL615

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post

One more year at 7M, but I think his actual pay is lower. Wild are in cap trouble, and would likely be willing to part with Heatley for a mid-level prospect and pick.

If he was to sign long term i would do that. Be great to have his size, ability, and legit 1st line talent.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:51 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Yeah... Personally, I don't want Heatley anywhere near here.

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:22 AM
AintLifeGrand

If Heatley comes South, I'd rather see him in the Fulton County Jail than on the Preds

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:40 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I thought the Thrashers fans might weigh in negatively

From all accounts, he's cleaned up his act, it's just not working in MN and they need cap relief.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:00 PM
Byrddog

Quote:

Makes perfect sense Weber 7.8 Rinne 7.0 and Heatly 7.5 mil for a total 22.3 mil with a cap of 64 mil. Almost 35% of the total team cap in 3 players. Then we could retain all the 4th liners we have.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:45 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Makes perfect sense Weber 7.8 Rinne 7.0 and Heatly 7.5 mil for a total 22.3 mil with a cap of 64 mil. Almost 35% of the total team cap in 3 players. Then we could retain all the 4th liners we have.
Is that all that different from Suter 7.5, Parise 7.5, like Poile attempted to do last summer?

You can't cry about our scoring in some threads, then refuse to pay more than 4 or 5 million or "top line scoring threat" in another. That's not what they cost.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:20 PM
PFL615

Quote:
Is that all that different from Suter 7.5, Parise 7.5, like Poile attempted to do last summer?

You can't cry about our scoring in some threads, then refuse to pay more than 4 or 5 million or "top line scoring threat" in another. That's not what they cost.
Well said. Agree.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 01:41 PM
AintLifeGrand

Legwand for Stastny straight up??

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 01:48 PM
Byrddog

Heatley is not a one trick pony. What I mean he is not a Stamkos type player that could score with anybody hes lights out with Alfy or or Marleau. Hes in his declining years as well.

If I were going to go after scoring help I would go after Radim Vrbata at 3 mil and a second player like Lee Stempniak at 2.75 mil. This would produce more goals for less money, Give you a couple years to develop younger forwards to replace them. The key would be to develop the young guys and not get caught with yer drawers down like the veterans on the team has currently done.

Also developing players is not calling them up and playing 4th line like what has happened in the past. This is one reason Wilson has still not broken out.

I can ***** about the lack of scoring just as much as anyone. Theres a little discord in Mn now and blame is being put on Suter 7.5, Parise 7.5. Parise is on pace for a 29 goal reg full season. The folks up north were expecting much more for there 7.5. 70 points would be the standard for him.

Heatlys days of puttin up 70 are finished. If the Preds were to sign him he would be lucky to break 50 points.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:00 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Heatley is not a one trick pony. What I mean he is not a Stamkos type player that could score with anybody hes lights out with Alfy or or Marleau. Hes in his declining years as well.

If I were going to go after scoring help I would go after Radim Vrbata at 3 mil and a second player like Lee Stempniak at 2.75 mil. This would produce more goals for less money, Give you a couple years to develop younger forwards to replace them. The key would be to develop the young guys and not get caught with yer drawers down like the veterans on the team has currently done.

Also developing players is not calling them up and playing 4th line like what has happened in the past. This is one reason Wilson has still not broken out.

I can ***** about the lack of scoring just as much as anyone. Theres a little discord in Mn now and blame is being put on Suter 7.5, Parise 7.5. Parise is on pace for a 29 goal reg full season. The folks up north were expecting much more for there 7.5. 70 points would be the standard for him.

Heatlys days of puttin up 70 are finished. If the Preds were to sign him he would be lucky to break 50 points.
50 points is a heck of a lot better than the veteran players the preds currently have. If this were a full season, they may finish with 25 to 30 points at most.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:48 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
The Ducks have signed captain Ryan Getzlaf to an eight-year contract extension. The 2007 Stanley Cup champion and 2010 Olympic gold medalist is now under contract with the Ducks through the 2020-21 NHL season. Per club policy, no financial terms of the deal were disclosed.
Take notice David Poile, this is how you treat you captain. This is in the middle of the season too, believe it or not you're allowed to negotiate during the season.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:01 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Take notice David Poile, this is how you treat you captain. This is in the middle of the season too, believe it or not you're allowed to negotiate during the season.
I don't think Poile didn't try. Suter\Weber simply didn't want to negotiate in season.

Does this mean that it's not partially on Poile? I wouldn't say that. Afterall, when your organization has a reputation for doing things on the cheap and being happy with "good enough," you're going to have issues overcoming it.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Um...Getz got an year year deal with an 8.25 AAV. Weber or Suter likely would have signed at that insane price. He is now tied for the 4th highest cap hit in the league behind only Crosby, Malkin, and Ovi.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:06 PM
Preds33

Quote:
I don't think Poile didn't try. Suter\Weber simply didn't want to negotiate in season.

Does this mean that it's not partially on Poile? I wouldn't say that. Afterall, when your organization has a reputation for doing things on the cheap and being happy with "good enough," you're going to have issues overcoming it.
Exactly, especially Suter. He made it publicly known that he didn't want to even talk about his contract until after the season because "he felt it was a distraction".

Old
03-08-2013, 12:08 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
Exactly, especially Suter. He made it publicly known that he didn't want to even talk about his contract until after the season because "he felt it was a distraction".
That's funny because he had agreed on length and money in November and only had the little details to work out. It wasn't a distraction, it was a smoke screen from him to make Poile believe he was going to stay here.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:09 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtrickhayOrnqvistpay View Post
That's funny because he had agreed on length and money in November and only had the little details to work out. It wasn't a distraction, it was a smoke screen from him to make Poile believe he was going to stay here.
I am just going by what went on from January until the end.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:15 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Guys, it's more about the process. They did what they needed to do to keep their captain without the hoopla we had.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:17 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Guys, it's more about the process. They did what they needed to do to keep their captain without the hoopla we had.
I think Weber would have been amenable to signing long term before the arbitration fiasco. I think he was likely low-balled, part of a strategy of keeping Weber\Suter\Rinne. I think Poile played a game of chicken, thinking they would certainly cave before it got to that point, and it didn't.

Don't think for a second the rest of the league didn't notice how that all shook down with the best player that's ever played on this team and the face of the franchise.