Notices

Damien brunner

Old
05-24-2012, 09:51 AM
Medium Rare*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Those are also my expectations but I think they will try Cervenka at center so having Nemisz on the wing would allow for in game adjustments.
unfortunately i think they will try6 Cervenka at center too, but I think that will actually keep Neimo in Abby for the year. I think the open spot on the wing will be fill by a UFA

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:55 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 50
Nemisz mostly played centre in Junior and moved to wing when he turned pro last season. I like the idea of having him be able to play both positions and then use him wherever he is best suited. I'm fine with him playing wing as well, we don't have a ton of depth there either. We actually have more quality depth at centre (Horak, Byron, Rheinhart, Arnold) granted Byron plays both as well.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Nemisz mostly played centre in Junior and moved to wing when he turned pro last season. I like the idea of having him be able to play both positions and then use him wherever he is best suited. I'm fine with him playing wing as well, we don't have a ton of depth there either. We actually have more quality depth at centre (Horak, Byron, Rheinhart, Arnold) granted Byron plays both as well.
actually Nemisz was mostly a RW until his final year of junior when Boughner asked the Flames if he could move Nemisz to center so he could anchor the Spitfire's 2nd line. Then upon turning pro he went back to RW

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 07:47 PM
MarkGio

I don't know if Nemisz is ready for wing either. He didn't impress me this year. But regardless, I think he has a spot with his name on it if he can earn it during training camp. Same thing goes for guys like Bouma, Aliu, Byron, Horak, Backlund, and even Baerschi. Probably even the same thing for Jackman and Stajan too if they're still on the roster.

MarkGio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 05:50 PM
torero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 View Post
A young guy who could be signed to similar contract that we gave to cervenka. He's 26 and is from switzerland where Sven is from so maybe knowing he could play with a countryman next season will entice him to Come here. Also I believe he is a RW with a right shot which we definitely lack.

Thoughts???
Congratulations to Flamesarmstrong !!

The guy is playing with the Red Wings ... best goal scorer and 4th in points !!

And is adjusting game after game.

impressive. 10G 7A in 23 games ! + 2 SO game winning goals that do not count in stats.

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 06:38 PM
RIP Chris Butler
Feels bad man

+100000000 cred

RIP Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Stewie Griffin
#unsustainable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baerstcheese View Post
+100000000 cred
Well this was part of the 50 threads in 50 days run, so something was bound to work out.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:01 PM
Deen

Pretty sure Detroit won't just let him walk after the year he is having.

Deen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:27 PM
Stewie Griffin
#unsustainable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen View Post
Pretty sure Detroit won't just let him walk after the year he is having.
Quote:
Posted 05-16-2012, 08:23 AM
Last May isn't bad.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:11 PM
tfong

Brunner is also playing Zetterberg, u don't know if he has he same success here.

tfong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:12 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
Brunner is also playing Zetterberg, u don't know if he has he same success here.
That's what they said about Hudler But it is a valid point.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Nordberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Hudler was stuck in Babcock's doghouse for months at a time though.

We don't really need more soft players but I could have seen him having success here.

Nordberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:12 AM
pdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
There are two distinct types of Wings fans. Those who like Hudler and those who dislike him.

Those who dislike him gave all credit for his 50 points last year to Z and Filppula. Even though Hudler himself had scored 57 previously in 08-09; again with Flippula at ES, but Flip was not nearly the offensive force then that he was in 11-12. Also disregarded was Hudler's "banishment" to the point on the power play; After trying Jakub Kindl briefly on the second unit and not liking the results, Babcock put Hudler on the right point of the second unit and kept him there most of the season - he only moved back up front a few games after the Quincey trade. It's likely he'd have had ~65-70 points (and 30-35 goals) if he had been playing forward on the PP all season.

If Calgary had picked up Brunner, Hudler would still be in Detroit; most Wings fans agree that although Samuelsson effectively took Hudler's money, Brunner was the actual replacement and the reason Holland/Babcock were willing to let him walk. I still don't agree with the move (Hudler makes only $1m more than Samuelsson, is a better player, and is entering his prime rather than exiting it).

So pick your player; either 1) small forward with generally average speed, an excellent set of offensive tools, great vision and hockey iq who has proven he can produce on his own; or 2) small forward with above-average speed and an excellent shot, and the knowledge and willingness to put it to good use, but whose production level in the NHL apart from a superstar is entirely unknown. We don't know if Brunner is like Hudler (sustainable offensive presence) or Leino (Hur, I'm playing next to a really great center! I must be great too, just look at my numbers!).

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Nordberg

Detroit is and has been a team that relies on a small number of players that make the others look MUCH better than they actually are. I don't think that was ever the case with Jiri Hudler though.

Old
03-07-2013, 07:50 PM
MckenziesTimbits
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
Detroit is and has been a team that relies on a small number of players that make the others look MUCH better than they actually are. I don't think that was ever the case with Jiri Hudler though.
WRONG. 2002 Cup winning wings team.

Hull
Shanahan
Fedorov
Yzerman
Lidstrom
Robitaille
Datsyuk
Larionov
Chelios
Holmstrom

oh and who was there goalie? the dominator? HASEK

clearly not a small group of elite players. thats a big group of elite players.

ps Avery was on that team too... freakin brutal... detroit knew to get rid of him fast though

MckenziesTimbits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 05:41 AM
pdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MckenziesTimbits View Post

Hull
Shanahan
Fedorov
Yzerman
Lidstrom
Robitaille
Datsyuk
Larionov
Chelios
Holmstrom

ps Avery was on that team too... freakin brutal... detroit knew to get rid of him fast though
Also Jiri Fischer; if he didn't have his heart issue he'd be in Norris talks right now. Most complete defenseman I've ever seen, and he had finally put it all together consistently. Then boom, done.

He was as fast as most of the league's speedsters, big strong, excellent defensively, tough, physical, had a MASSIVE shot, was a good passer... it was like ShJay Webmeester or something.

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 06:12 AM
Nordberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MckenziesTimbits View Post

Hull
Shanahan
Fedorov
Yzerman
Lidstrom
Robitaille
Datsyuk
Larionov
Chelios
Holmstrom

Sure, but that's 11 years ago, I was trying to refer to more recent Wings teams. You shouldn't take offense, I think it's impressive that they compete even with such poor depth and a mediocre goaltender.

Old
03-11-2013, 01:09 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

vCash: 1800
Don't really want to throw money at a guy who has had a great season after a short season. He is afterall playing with Datsyuk and Zetterberg a lot. He also isn't they type of player the Flames need and could see him turning into a Ville Leino after a big payday if he goes to another team.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote