HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

General Predators Talk Part III

View Poll Results: Will we see any games for the 12-13 season?
Yes 12 32.43%
Nope 8 21.62%
Partial season 17 45.95%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2013, 10:45 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
So it's fair to say Smith and Wilson haven't earned their fair shake to be on the powerplay but a guy that has been on waivers twice has, gotcha...

and PV82, you're the last person that should be throwing out the homer comments.

Old
03-07-2013, 11:06 AM
token grinder

I like that he was working PP1. You want to get guys attention, take their PT away. Spaling not forechecking like he should? Enjoy the Suite. Halischuck wants to not move his feet and watch and react? Enjoy the Suite. Hopefully SK is next.

Old
03-07-2013, 11:17 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
So it's fair to say Smith and Wilson haven't earned their fair shake to be on the powerplay but a guy that has been on waivers twice has, gotcha...

and PV82, you're the last person that should be throwing out the homer comments.
sorry my point went right over your head... the point was "fair" doent mean anything in professional sports.... if a coach chooses to try to light a fire under his team by doing something "unfair" well, tough spit, it'll be his ass that gets fired before the players will so thats entirely his prerogative... any player who would pout about it isnt much of a professional to begin with.

and Wilson has been given repeated opportunities and just signed a pretty sweet contract, which is why I say its just being a homer to say he hasnt been well treated

Old
03-07-2013, 11:19 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
sorry my point went right over your head... the point was "fair" doent mean anything in professional sports.... if a coach chooses to try to light a fire under his team by doing something "unfair" well, tough spit, it'll be his ass that gets fired before the players will so thats entirely his prerogative... any player who would pout about it isnt much of a professional to begin with.

and Wilson has been given repeated opportunities and just signed a pretty sweet contract, which is why I say its just being a homer to say he hasnt been well treated
gotcha.

I don't want any hand holding either. I think though, Wilson has earned some pp time, more so than SK, Fish or Legwand this season anyway.

Old
03-07-2013, 11:24 AM
jlsg

The thing that keeps getting Wilson in trouble is not following the playbook. Creativity is nice but there are certain things that involve the rest of the team. This is especially true on the PP, you can't have individuals working out there.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:12 PM
PFL615

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsg View Post
The thing that keeps getting Wilson in trouble is not following the playbook. Creativity is nice but there are certain things that involve the rest of the team. This is especially true on the PP, you can't have individuals working out there.
Then get other talented players to work with him. What do you expect him to do out there with Legwand and SK? What a nightmare. Erat/Smith/Wilson Weber/Ellis... Watch magic happen.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:43 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

What I really can't understand is Bourque getting like 28 seconds a game on the pp, yet seems to be our most productive players. Even Guastad gets more pp time per game.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:46 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
What I really can't understand is Bourque getting like 28 seconds a game on the pp, yet seems to be our most productive players. Even Guastad gets more pp time per game.
Trotz said, when specifically asked, "well, we use Gabby on the PK, so we don't want to burn him out."

But it's okay for Fisher and Legwand, who both look pretty "burned out," i guess.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:47 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
Trotz said, when specifically asked, "well, we use Gabby on the PK, so we don't want to burn him out."

But it's okay for Fisher and Legwand, who both look pretty "burned out," i guess.
You know because 32 year olds have more stamina than 22 year olds right?

Old
03-07-2013, 02:19 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

we are on pace for the lowest scoring season we have ever had as a franchise. Our lowest ever was 2.23 goals per game back in 2002-03 we are now sitting at 1.96. thats a horrifying stat.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantbeatzPekka View Post
we are on pace for the lowest scoring season we have ever had as a franchise. Our lowest ever was 2.23 goals per game back in 2002-03 we are now sitting at 1.96. thats a horrifying stat.
If it wasn't for OT we'd probably have a good chance at Mackinnon or Jones. We've been expansion bad for the most part.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:45 PM
predfan98

Odd thoughts about "the road to Nashville is thru Milwaukee.".

Maybe it is for d men, but maybe it isn't for forwards. maybe the less time forward spends in milwaukee, the better?

Maybe a little of the problem we have with forwards is Milwaukee............and now a coach from Milwaukee is behind our bench, compounding the problems....... Just maybe

Old
03-10-2013, 08:24 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
Odd thoughts about "the road to Nashville is thru Milwaukee.".

Maybe it is for d men, but maybe it isn't for forwards. maybe the less time forward spends in milwaukee, the better?

Maybe a little of the problem we have with forwards is Milwaukee............and now a coach from Milwaukee is behind our bench, compounding the problems....... Just maybe
Our two top scoring forwards are Milwaukee products (Bourque and Wilson) ... Hornqvist is a former Ad. Complacency and lack of drive in the offensive end are the main issues ... not where the players came from.

Old
03-11-2013, 03:49 AM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

how was boychuk and butler? I didnt get a chance to watch the mild game...

Old
03-11-2013, 06:45 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantbeatzPekka View Post
how was boychuk and butler? I didnt get a chance to watch the mild game...
Neither was all that great.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:36 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Neither was all that great.
Boychuck had some great chances. Fitting in ok right now. Butler looked really good against Edmonton, but kind of invisible against Minny.

Old
03-15-2013, 05:27 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

found this quote from an interview with Nikita Filatov, it gives an intersting spin on the defense minded strategy.

Quote:
How do you work within Ken Hitchcock's system? Is it hard for a creative offensive player like you to play that style? Other offensive Russian players like Fedorov and Zherdev had some problems there.

Filatov:I'm absolutely alright. Look, I am still only 18 and am only starting to play in this league. If the system the team adopted is very defensive, it doesn't mean that you won't get any chances to score, or this system will in any way take away your chances to create chances. It's just a great deal of attention must be paid to the defensive play, to eliminate any chances of mistakes. But this doesn't take away from playing on power play and scoring goals.

Old
03-15-2013, 07:12 PM
hockey diva

Um, didn't he go back to Russia?

Old
03-15-2013, 07:52 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
Um, didn't he go back to Russia?
Yes because he wasn't got at offense OR defense

Old
03-15-2013, 09:14 PM
april

I am a 100% believer that if we fired Trotz, even if we didnt make any major personnel changes this season, we would be playing a HECK of a lot better than we are now.

Old
03-16-2013, 12:46 AM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by april View Post
I am a 100% believer that if we fired Trotz, even if we didnt make any major personnel changes this season, we would be playing a HECK of a lot better than we are now.
Your personal opinion or is there lockeroom discontent?

Old
03-16-2013, 12:54 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
Your personal opinion or is there lockeroom discontent?
probably both...

Old
03-16-2013, 09:32 AM
NoNecksCurse

our schedule couldn't be much easier right now... if we want to even get in the playoffs we need 3 wins in the next 4 if not win all 4... we have edmonton, columbus, calgary, then columbus again... i personally hope we tank... squeaking in and playing anaheim/chicago in the first round doesn't sound too fun.

Old
03-16-2013, 11:19 AM
roseyc

The problem with this team is that you knew we weren't going to be better defensively without Suter. There was going to be a learning curve playing on defense but they should have given the offence more weapons but they didn't. Realistically Legwand and SK and Erat and Fisher are all good defensive players that on a normal team would great third line players. We have them playing on the first two lines. Which tells you what kind of offense we have. Where is the money that was set aside for Suter? So Poile has to ask himself are we serious about winning a cup or just maintaining existance.

Old
03-16-2013, 01:38 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
our schedule couldn't be much easier right now... if we want to even get in the playoffs we need 3 wins in the next 4 if not win all 4... we have edmonton, columbus, calgary, then columbus again... i personally hope we tank... squeaking in and playing anaheim/chicago in the first round doesn't sound too fun.
That schedule may be easy for the Preds of the past couple of years, but this season we aren't really any better than any of those. Hell, Calgary just mopped the floor with us.