HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Which regular is vulnerable to being replaced by a rookie?

View Poll Results: Which regular forward is most vulnerable to losing job to a rookie at beg. of season
Higgins 4 2.41%
Koivu 1 0.60%
Ryder 6 3.61%
Samsonov 0 0%
Ribiero 29 17.47%
Kovalev 0 0%
Perezhoghin 24 14.46%
Plekanecs 0 0%
Johnson 1 0.60%
Begin 0 0%
Bonk 46 27.71%
Murray 55 33.13%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-24-2006, 10:00 PM
Toro

vCash: 500
Which regular is vulnerable to being replaced by a rookie?

I was wondering who everyone thought is the most likely regular forward to be replaced by a rookie for the start of the season?

My guess Johnson . But i truely believe there are no regulars at risk of losing their job. The team is set.

Johnson and bonk are the 2 that are just short term fill ins till our youngsters are ready.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 10:04 PM
wedge

Bonk for sure...
if I put Perez as a winger on the third line, he could lose his spot to kost but I doubt it... maybe murray and downey... and there's always the Ribeiro factor.. lol

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 10:05 PM
Kirk Muller

With Johnson just being acquired, i doubt he will be replaced that quickly. I believe he will be given every opportunity to shine.

I honestly don't believe any rookie will have much of an impact this year barring injuries, although i think Perezhogin may be at risk.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 10:08 PM
Toro

Higgins Koivu Ryder
Samsonov Ribs Kovalev
Perez Plek's johnson
Begin Bonk Murray

it is tough to pick who could lose their spot but you would have to think it would come from someone in the bottom 2 lines.

Old
07-24-2006, 10:13 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Murray??? This guy is a perfect 4th liner with Bégin! I would vote Ribeiro or Bonk, but I can't vote since I'm a "rookie user" (?!). BTW Johnson?!?! Who the hell vote for this guy??

Raf

Seb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 10:15 PM
Toro

also you could lose your job because you get traded for a pick or something and your spot opens up for a rookie.

Old
07-24-2006, 10:19 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb_Rafter View Post
Murray??? This guy is a perfect 4th liner with Bégin! I would vote Ribeiro or Bonk, but I can't vote since I'm a "rookie user" (?!). BTW Johnson?!?! Who the hell vote for this guy??

Raf
i voted johnson cause he is just a fill in player and hasn't made a home for himself and could be traded in a package or by himself for pics or a defenceman etc. Also if someone like kostitsyn makes the team it will most likely not be on the 4th line. He will need to be on at least the 3rd line, or it would be better to let him dominate in the Ahl for a while.

prob wont happen. I don't really see anyone losing their spot in the lineup at the beginning of the season unless there are injuries of course..

Old
07-24-2006, 10:34 PM
Maxpac

Ryder, Ribeiro and Bonk. Ryder could be traded for a center or a D, Ribeiro only if Grabovsky has a superb camp, and the most obvious choice, Bonk, by either Chipchura or Laperriere

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 10:56 PM
Bryzga lol*

No idea why Murray has 9 votes. He was a great penalty killer in the playoffs. Downey's way more likely to lose a spot before Murray.

Bryzga lol* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 11:01 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
I say Perez because if he doesnt step it up again like he did at the end of the season, someone else who's playing with more intensity may just grab his spot.

I will admit that I am not yet sold on Perezhogin but I hope he'll be able to flourish after a pro season under his belt

Old
07-24-2006, 11:08 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riel View Post
No idea why Murray has 9 votes. He was a great penalty killer in the playoffs. Downey's way more likely to lose a spot before Murray.
Downey isin't in the options. He's not a regular.

For me the guy in danger is Bonk. Chipchura and Lapierre are going at him at the camp.

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 11:26 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej View Post
Downey isin't in the options. He's not a regular.

For me the guy in danger is Bonk. Chipchura and Lapierre are going at him at the camp.
No way Chipper makes the team this year...he still has a couple left before he blooms. And the only way Lapierre takes Bonk's spot is if he's injured.

Bonk will not be going to the minors...despite his lack of offensive production, he was very solid for the Habs

Old
07-24-2006, 11:34 PM
Guy Caballero

Perezhogin for sure. When he's not scoring, he brings the least to the table, and unlike Ryder, Samsonov, and Kovalev, who get some latitude because they are established goalscorers, Perezhogin hasn't yet proven he can be a top-six player.

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 11:38 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero View Post
Perezhogin for sure. When he's not scoring, he brings the least to the table, and unlike Ryder, Samsonov, and Kovalev, who get some latitude because they are established goalscorers, Perezhogin hasn't yet proven he can be a top-six player.
You should have watched the playoffs this year we we're pretty good before Saku got hurt.

sXe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 11:39 PM
Souray44

I don't really believe any rookie will make the roster...just taking a look at it we're pretty set unless Gainey wasn't being completely honest with us when he said he is done for the summer.

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder
Samsonov - Ribeiro - Kovalev
Perezhogin - Plekanec - Johnson
Begin - Bonk - Murray
Downey extra

Markov - Komisarek
Souray - Rivet
Dandenault - Bouillon
Streit extra

I do think that Kostitsyn will see time this year filling in for injuries or maybe sticking with the team out of camp for awhile. I love Kostitsyn and hope he makes the team but if he doesn't another year in the AHL couldn't hurt the guy.

Kostitsyn is the most NHL ready though in my opinion.

Souray44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 11:40 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
In my eyes Perez is a lock with Plekanec and they might give us that scoring we need from the 3rd line.

Dackell-Juneau-Sundstrom anyone?

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 11:41 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe View Post
You should have watched the playoffs this year we we're pretty good before Saku got hurt.
Who can argue with such a compelling non-sequitur argument?

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 11:41 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

The extra player is Ferland's spot to lose since he can't clear waivers.

sXe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 11:43 PM
Souray44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej View Post
In my eyes Perez is a lock with Plekanec and they might give us that scoring we need from the 3rd line.

Dackell-Juneau-Sundstrom anyone?
The past few years have been hard on us and I shutter everytime I see line combinations like that.

Thank god we've turned the corner.

Souray44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2006, 12:57 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
bah don't say johnson. I am sure there are fans of other teams who saw johnson for a 4th and were like *** how did we not get him. He's not great, but replaced already? Come on now

CrAzYNiNe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2006, 02:43 AM
NewHabsEra*

I voted Ryder... I think Kostitsyn will make the team and challenge Ryder on Saku's line... With the wingers Ribs has, Koivu will want the best wingers avalaible to play with and dont be surprised to see Kostitsyn add some signifiant offensive punch on our first line sooner than later...

Ribs could be replaced by Pleks or Bonk but they are obviously not rookies... I think Grabov will play with Hamilton next season, mostly cause the language issue and Im not even sure they will play him as a center in the farm... I think Grabov is more suited for the wings..

I could see the lines change several times during the season, Ribs and Ryder being the 2 regulars that will sit the most in the pressbox IMO..

Our best line-up should be the following at some point: (switch Perez and Samsonov if you wish but I think Perez always had great chimestry with Plekanec and Im convinced it will be Perez's blossoming year so..)

Higgins Koivu Kostitsyn

Perezhogin Plekanec Kovalev

Samsonov Bonk Jonhson

Begin Murray Downy

3 pretty solid lines to play against even strength that can put the puck in the net with regularity..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2006, 02:53 AM
CrAzYNiNe

What, honestly, do you listen to what you say? I know this is a forum where you can post your opinions, but you REALLY think Kost will take Ryder's spot?

Really you think that? Really?

I mean again is this your opinion of what YOU want? Or are you answering the question from the standpoint of the original poster who asked, more on the terms of what do YOU SEE HAPPENING? Like in terms, you aren't the coach or Gainey, but what do you think that THEY would do?

if you think charbs and Gianey plan to BENCH Ryder, well what sport are you watching

Old
07-25-2006, 02:58 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souray44 View Post
Kostitsyn is the most NHL ready though in my opinion.
ok this is a question for YOU and YOU alone.

How do you see Kost being more NHL ready then what Higgins? Plecks? Perez? Because IF you say them, it doesn't make sense for you to say that another year in the AHL wouldnt hurt, because it would playing against lesser oponents if he is indeed so "NHL ready". Since if he is better then those guys,, clearly better then a first year 20 goals scorer, he must be doing something to impress you so much, Habs management must see it, no? Are you a better player judge then those in the organization?(Not meant to sound bad, just like, I can't understand how IF YOU ARE SAYING THIS PART, how you think you can see things that our management can't, just boggles my mind)

If what you are saying is Kost is better then any other possible rookie who hasnt played in the NHL yet, well then I guess since I have no idea what anyone else looks like

Old
07-25-2006, 03:14 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
What, honestly, do you listen to what you say? I know this is a forum where you can post your opinions, but you REALLY think Kost will take Ryder's spot?

Really you think that? Really?

I mean again is this your opinion of what YOU want? Or are you answering the question from the standpoint of the original poster who asked, more on the terms of what do YOU SEE HAPPENING? Like in terms, you aren't the coach or Gainey, but what do you think that THEY would do?

if you think charbs and Gianey plan to BENCH Ryder, well what sport are you watching
What Im saying is that I truely think Kostitsyn can challenge Ryder for his spot on the first line... I truely think Kostitsyn is already at a level where he can make Saks's line better.. Its no secret Kost is way more naturally talended than Ryder, but he will have to prove he is confident enough to put the puck in the net and play solid all around hockey... The Ryder of last year has too many flaws in his game to be considered a sure bet regular this season, especially considering the high quality depth we have on the wings..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2006, 05:44 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Chipchura will make the team with Bonk being traded for a draft pick

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote