HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Are Habs fans cheap?

Old
07-24-2006, 06:29 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
If I were Gainey and had a loose $5M, I wouldn't spend it on Briere unless I could unload some ballast. Hint: their names each contain a B and an O.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 06:58 PM
Kirk Muller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe View Post
Shanahan took less to play in NY. We were rumoured to have offered around 5M$. It's not about not wanting to spend the money but getting the right return for your investment.

5M$ for Briere is too much. Are you saying we are cheap because we don't believe his salary is deserved? If you think Briere is a good deal at that price you can debate that if you want but not wanting to overpay for lesser value is not a sign of being cheap.

I pay 9$ bucks for a beer every game I go to, I sure don't think I'm cheap.
the thread asks if habs fans are too cheap, not management. most were unwilling to give him 4M$. as is rumoured, gainey offered him close to 5M$. he probably knows he has at least a good year left in him.

i love how habs fans turn on players that management were pursuing but who didn't sign here. it's always the same thing.

Kirk Muller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 07:47 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
the thread asks if habs fans are too cheap, not management. most were unwilling to give him 4M$. as is rumoured, gainey offered him close to 5M$. he probably knows he has at least a good year left in him.

i love how habs fans turn on players that management were pursuing but who didn't sign here. it's always the same thing.
You correct my use of Habsfans as management but use incorrect English to do so.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 08:09 PM
Kirk Muller*

what?

Kirk Muller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 10:42 PM
King of Kelvington

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
It appears that most hab fans on the boards dont want Briere or Gomez. Do they not want to pay the going rate for stars. Briere would put the Habs over the top and it would cost Ryder and whatever the Habs could get for Aebi, Bonk, Ribs and Zhogi so be it. Briere was electrifying in the playoffs. Speed is the dominant weapon in the new NHL and Begin, Komi, Murray, Lats, Kovy all address the size issue.
No he wouldnt...and if you think your that close your in for a disappointment.

King of Kelvington is offline   Reply With Quote