HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#25 – Sabres at Devils – Thu Mar 7 – 7:00PM ET – TV: MSG-B – Radio: WGR-AM

Old
03-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Jacob582

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzKillington90 View Post
If it will be anyone it will be Gerbe or Foligno. Vanek is still hurt, if I'm Rolston I'm not taking any unnecessary chances.

Also, I love Hechts comment...of lack thereof...to the Buffalo News. "No Comment, Talk to the guys who are playing"

I'm thinking his roster spot goes bye bye when Leino's back.
I was wondering about that too. Especially since Porter and Flynn are in the line up over Hecht.

Jacob582 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Connor McDavid
Generational Poster

vCash: 50
Worth whatever it is to you, the disparity between Miller and Enroth's save % since last season is .005. That's including the terrible start to this year.

Connor McDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:09 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loods View Post
Grigorenko's ice time has increased in each of the past four games.

With Hecht out and Scott in, does that trend continue?

I wouldn't be against seeing Vanek double-shifting on Grigo's wing.
I think that's pretty likely. We've seen Rolston double shift guys like that before. Rolston doesn't have Lindy's love affair with playing players with no talent over players who have some talent.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:10 PM
SabresBillsBuffalo

Reports are Jochen refuses to speak to the media other than the words. "Talk to the guys who are playing" wow. Some vet, understand being upset you're scratched, but to not even admit that he has to play better is absurd. Waive him.

SabresBillsBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Zip15

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
Ron Rolston is the best...Lindy would have NEVER healthy scratched Jochen.
There's a reason Amerks fans were so dissatisfied with him and thought he was in over his head. The third worst team in the conference at goal prevention scratches one of its better goal-preventers.

Yeah, this guy is brilliant. But, hey, I guess many are satisfied with that one regulation win we have in seven games under Rolston. That probably gets you an extension with the Sabres.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:12 PM
Connor McDavid
Generational Poster

Hecht didn't deserve to be the scratch tonight. He's showing restraint by not calling a spade a spade.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:12 PM
beerme1

To those that wish to tank. You do realize with the draft lottery you may not get what you want even if you suck out right?

I'm not an Enroth apologist but to those thinking Jersey fans are giddy about this you do realize there back up has lost six in a row don't you? If anything they may feel that they have a chance but won't be giddy. And watch how quick they turn on their team if we score first.

Sabres 4-3 boosted by the coach sitting Jochen.

Last edited by Clock: 03-07-2013 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Politics.
beerme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:15 PM
MacOfNiagara
Blue&Gold from birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
There's a reason Amerks fans were so dissatisfied with him and thought he was in over his head. The third worst team in the conference at goal prevention scratches one of its better goal-preventers.

Yeah, this guy is brilliant. But, hey, I guess many are satisfied with that one regulation win we have in seven games under Rolston. That probably gets you an extension with the Sabres.
Man I hope not. I'm still very much on the Cooper / Eakins bandwagon.

MacOfNiagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Zip15

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerme1 View Post
To those that wish to tank. You do realize with the draft lottery you may not get what you want even if you suck out right?

I'm not an Enroth apologist but to those thinking Jersey fans are giddy about this you do realize there back up has lost six in a row don't you? If anything they may feel that they have a chance but won't be giddy. And watch how quick they turn on their team if we score first.

Yeah, I'm sure they're going to come out flying because a well-liked player in the organization was benched. That's it. That's the motivation they needed. Not the fact that they're in 14th place and got their coach fired. Nope, Jochen Hecht being benched is the watershed moment in the season.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:17 PM
MacOfNiagara
Blue&Gold from birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky Gleason View Post
Hecht didn't deserve to be the scratch tonight. He's showing restraint by not calling a spade a spade.
I wouldn't characterize it like that. I dont think it's a real big deal, but, from a vet you would expect something along the lines of "Lots of good guys on this team (blah, blah), need to keep guys fresh and engaged (blah, blah)." No subtle shot taking / pouting. Say nothing or give a generic company line (as much as I hate them).

Old
03-07-2013, 12:20 PM
Clock

Keep the "I HOPE WE LOSE" crap to the tanking thread, please.

Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:20 PM
MacOfNiagara
Blue&Gold from birth

Quote:

worst you can do is to drop 1 slot. Finish 2nd to last and you are guaranteed one of Drouin, MacKinnon, Jones. Even finishing bottom 5 assures you (in this draft and my opinion) a franchise player.

If you are going to suck this is the year to do it (1/2 season). Do it well, or bad, or whatever.

Not rooting for them to lose, but if they do lose I will take solace in knowing that they might be able to get a player with elite talent.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:21 PM
BuzzKillington90

Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure they're going to come out flying because a well-liked player in the organization was benched. That's it. That's the motivation they needed. Not the fact that they're in 14th place and got their coach fired. Nope, Jochen Hecht being benched is the watershed moment in the season.
You seem more agitated then normal Zip. Don't make me send the muscular unicorn your way.

BuzzKillington90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:22 PM
Deevo

Quote:

No matter what happens in the lottery, you can only drop one spot. So, hypothetically if we finish 30th in the NHL, the worst case scenario is picking 2nd overall.

Edit: looks like MacOfNiagra beat me to the punch

Deevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:22 PM
gallagt01

That there is even a debate over Hecht sitting is silly. It will hardly affect the game's outcome. In a season already lost, who cares?

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:25 PM
Wisent42

I'm don't like Hecht being scratched. He's never been my favourite player, but I think he has had some good chemistry with Grigorenko and Stafford. I also think Hecht is better on the wing than at center, and that he probably provides some defensive security for Grigorenko. So no, I was not hoping for him to be scratched. But I'm happy Scott is back in. And really scared that Enroth is guarding the net...

Wisent42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
I feel a little bit sorry for Jochen. I'm sure he's regretting signing this year. It's unfortunate a long time vet like him is getting this treatment in his final year.

stokes84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
ManuelCalavera
La-La-La-Locked Out

Quote:

I understood the first sentence, and I'd argue any consolation prize of MacKinnon, Jones, Drouin, or Barkov is worth sucking 24 more games for.

As for the rest of your statement...each time I read it I comprehend it less and less.

ManuelCalavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Zip15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzKillington90 View Post
You seem more agitated then normal Zip. Don't make me send the muscular unicorn your way.

More agitated than normal? Am I usually agitated?

Old
03-07-2013, 12:26 PM
sabresnyper

Send a message via Yahoo to sabresnyper
Is anyone else going to the game tonight?

sabresnyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:27 PM
Connor McDavid
Generational Poster

Quote:
More agitated than normal? Am I usually agitated?
You ought to be with this team and this board weighing heavy on your mind .

Old
03-07-2013, 12:30 PM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresBillsBuffalo View Post
Reports are Jochen refuses to speak to the media other than the words. "Talk to the guys who are playing" wow. Some vet, understand being upset you're scratched, but to not even admit that he has to play better is absurd. Waive him.
Agreed, start getting the cancer away from the kids.

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:32 PM
cardiffgiant
Race to the bottom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisent42 View Post
I'm don't like Hecht being scratched. He's never been my favourite player, but I think he has had some good chemistry with Grigorenko and Stafford. I also think Hecht is better on the wing than at center, and that he probably provides some defensive security for Grigorenko. So no, I was not hoping for him to be scratched. But I'm happy Scott is back in. And really scared that Enroth is guarding the net...
This is what I was thinking. I'm not a Hecht fan, but he seemed to be going well the last couple of games and building something with Grigs and Staff. I probably would have kept him in over Flynn, but neither is likely to have a huge impact on the outcome of the game.

cardiffgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:40 PM
"Craigs on it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
Agreed, start getting the cancer away from the kids.
Jochen Hecht is a cancer? Haha ok..

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:41 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresBillsBuffalo View Post
Over analyzing a bit, are we? He had no comment, what's the big deal?

vcv is online now   Reply With Quote