HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Thread (5/2: Staal/Boyle skate with scratches, Clowe doing off-ice work)

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2013, 11:17 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Richards says no timetable for a return but just soreness no concussion. Says it's not long term. Feels fortunate.
https://twitter.com/AGrossRecord/sta...11848977088512

Quote:
Richards says his back and neck are "locked up"
https://twitter.com/stevezipay/statu...12004141162497

Old
03-07-2013, 11:17 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
He's probably had a few concussions too and can't remember that...
...absolutely hilarious...

really glad to hear no concussion for richards and was expecting it was the back

Old
03-07-2013, 11:21 AM
IAMREALITY

So nothing today yet on Staal at all? I know there's a lot of good vibes going on in this thread from the news yesterday, but we still have almost no info to go on as to how long he may be out. And has there been any confirmation on the statement (in a post on previous page) that he had blood in the back of the eye? The post said that was normal, but it's not. Blood in the back of the eye means there is some pretty significant eye trauma. Sure, he could eventually be 100% and sure, that doesn't have to require surgery, but it most certainly means there is trauma directly to the eye, and it could quite possibly take a very long time to heal. Now granted, I'm ecstatic at the reports of him not having any permanent damage. That's what matters first and foremost. But that's the only info we've got right? But from what I've gathered so far we still don't know if he will be out only a matter of a few weeks or if this could drag on throughout the rest of the season and then some.

I'm just anxious I guess, as we all are. Figured we'd hear more by now is all. He was playing his best and was fired up. I'm just hoping he feels better and heals quickly and gets back on the ice where we need him, and this whole incident just goes away.

Last edited by IAMREALITY: 03-07-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Old
03-07-2013, 11:24 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMREALITY View Post
I'm just anxious I guess, as we all are. Figured we'd here more by now is all. He was playing his best and was fired up. I'm just hoping he feels better and heals quickly and gets back on the ice where we need him, and this whole incident just goes away.
They said they'll know more when the swelling goes down. It's not surprising that it hasn't gone down yet.

Old
03-07-2013, 11:33 AM
Joe11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
sure hope it's not a stinger. They need to move on a depth C soon if he is out for a little bit.

Boyle, rights to Zuccarello, 3rd. Should get something descent.
This "package" might get a free pair of tickets to a Florida - Islander game.

Old
03-07-2013, 11:34 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I'll update the thread title when there's news on Staalsy.

It's just pain.
Old
03-07-2013, 11:38 AM
IAMREALITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
They said they'll know more when the swelling goes down. It's not surprising that it hasn't gone down yet.
Wow, did I really spell "hear" as "here"? (Ha mods, there's a use for it after all! hehehe)

As far as the swelling, that's more a cop out than anything imo. The eye can always be gently opened for an exam. And in fact an exam was done. Was there blood seen in the back of the eye? What else was observed during the exam? I mean great, they got enough of a look to determine there should be no permanent damage. But let's be real here, that isn't all their observations showed. That's simply the only macro detail of the exam they're releasing.

But I know my anxiety and need to know gets the better of me. I hate when someone else knows something and I don't...

Old
03-07-2013, 11:38 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
So nothing today yet on Staal at all? I know there's a lot of good vibes going on in this thread from the news yesterday, but we still have almost no info to go on as to how long he may be out. And has there been any confirmation on the statement (in a post on previous page) that he had blood in the back of the eye? The post said that was normal, but it's not. Blood in the back of the eye means there is some pretty significant eye trauma. Sure, he could eventually be 100% and sure, that doesn't have to require surgery, but it most certainly means there is trauma directly to the eye, and it could quite possibly take a very long time to heal. Now granted, I'm ecstatic at the reports of him not having any permanent damage. That's what matters first and foremost. But that's the only info we've got right? But from what I've gathered so far we still don't know if he will be out only a matter of a few weeks or if this could drag on throughout the rest of the season and then some.

I'm just anxious I guess, as we all are. Figured we'd hear more by now is all. He was playing his best and was fired up. I'm just hoping he feels better and heals quickly and gets back on the ice where we need him, and this whole incident just goes away.
Honestly, I don't care if he misses the rest of the season as long as he doesn't have any permanent damage.

Old
03-07-2013, 11:42 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Marc Staal update

Quote:
"It was tough and definitely a scary moment for Marc," Jordan Staal said today. "When you see your brother go down like that it's tough to swallow. We were praying for him for a long time and then we got a little bit of good news and hopefully things will only get better for him. There are still a few hurdles I'm sure but he is feeling better."

Eric Staal said Marc still has a lot of swelling around the eye and that more will be known about his condition once the swelling subsides. He said he has not talked to Marc since yesterday morning but noted the Rangers' statement on Marc was "nice to see."

"He still doesn't really know because his eye is so swollen but when you have people who specialize in those fields releasing a statement like that, it's a better feeling than the other way," Eric said. "We just want him to continue to heal and be back 100 percent."
Read more here: http://blogs.newsobserver.com/canes/...#storylink=cpy

They haven't spoken to him since yesterday morning. You would assume Staal saw the doctors after speaking with brother.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:05 PM
Graves94

Quote:

I'm the one that posted the bolded part, after hearing it on TSN 690 yesterday. Pierre McGuire has a daily appearance on the show at 5:05PM, where he talks about NHL topics of the day. He mentioned that he had spoken to Bobby Orr (Marc's agent) the morning after, and he told him that there was a lot of swelling and that there was blood in the back of the eye, which was normal.
As I said, I'm no doctor, but it sounds like he'll be away for weeks...I just hope he recovers fully soon.
What's really terrible, besides Marc's injury of course, is the lack of info gathered by the media, and relayed to the public. I also said yesterday, that we would find out more about the extent of the injury from outside sources like his brothers and the Canadian media, because let's face, hockey is not a primary sport in NY.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:12 PM
bruins seguin 19*

its a freaking eye!

of course it will takes weeks if not months to heal. its an eye not to be taking lightly. he is off skates for 2 months at least and then another month after that just to make sure. i think hamrlik is the replacement .

Old
03-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Graves94

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim erixon View Post
of course it will takes weeks if not months to heal. its an eye not to be taking lightly. he is off skates for 2 months at least and then another month after that just to make sure. i think hamrlik is the replacement .
Exactly!
After being checked out by 2 renowned doctor's, you would think they would have given the team a prognosis based on what they saw. The team defenitely knows approximately how long he will need to recover, and will know alot more once the swelling goes down.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
it could've just hit around the eye(as it seems from the team reports). for all we know he's just out because it's too swollen to see out of. if he has nothing broken and no damage to the actual eye he could be back much sooner

edit: didn't see what this was responding too, but still hopeful til we see confirmation on that

Old
03-07-2013, 01:24 PM
Cliffy1814

Bleeding in the back of the eye:

http://maculacenter.com/eye-diseases...us-hemorrhage/

"Initial treatment may be observation alone. Minor hemorrhages often clot and resolve on their own over time. Unfortunately, it may take months for full visual recovery from a vitreous hemorrhage"

Old
03-07-2013, 01:28 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
2-3 months? Dude, its swelling. He has no break in his oribital, and didn't require surgery. Its probably going to be somewhere like a week and a half to two weeks. I don't know where your getting 2-3 months....

Old
03-07-2013, 01:32 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
2-3 months? Dude, its swelling. He has no break in his oribital, and didn't require surgery. Its probably going to be somewhere like a week and a half to two weeks. I don't know where your getting 2-3 months....
a week and a half to two weeks with a full face shield

Old
03-07-2013, 01:48 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

But by all accounts his eye is still swollen shut. Have to think there are still some unknowns at this point.

I would not be getting my hopes up for a few weeks.

I just hope he has full vision, for life not just hockey.

03-07-2013, 01:51 PM
WeWillWinTonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves94 View Post
Exactly!
After being checked out by 2 renowned doctor's, you would think they would have given the team a prognosis based on what they saw. The team defenitely knows approximately how long he will need to recover, and will know alot more once the swelling goes down.
Three months on a black eye?

Without knowing the full extent based on what we are hearing I would be suprised if he wasn't back this month.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:57 PM
SoftEuro4thLiner

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWillWinTonight View Post
Three months on a black eye?

Without knowing the full extent based on what we are hearing I would be suprised if he wasn't back this month.
But, but ... Dr. Horacio Frank Board has spoken!

Old
03-07-2013, 02:14 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
But by all accounts his eye is still swollen shut. Have to think there are still some unknowns at this point.

I would not be getting my hopes up for a few weeks.

I just hope he has full vision, for life not just hockey.
Amen to that.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Dorado*

With Brad playing poor NYR are a worse team . The teams transition game and O zone time seemed 10 x better without that mussel eating wine guzzling prima Donna .
With a good Richards ( the one who showed up a few times in playoffs and in some big spots last year ) NYR are obviously better . When Brad is good he is real good but when he's bad he is god awful .
NYR win in a track meet tonight 5-3 with an empty better

Old
03-07-2013, 03:07 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Did anyone see this?

This is all the more reason why Kaleta should have been given 10+. Richards head and shoulders went into the boards at almost the same angle, even though the situation was completely different.

To be honest I dont think that hit would have even been a penalty in the NHL. The Swiss player starts to stop and braces himself into the oncoming hit, he just got knocked off his skates and into the boards at a very bad trajectory. Terrible.

But again, all the more reason why Kaleta shoudlve gotten more, and for Richie to count his lucky stars...

Old
03-07-2013, 03:43 PM
BrianLeetch2

vCash: 803
Send a message via AIM to BrianLeetch2 Send a message via MSN to BrianLeetch2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Did anyone see this?

This is all the more reason why Kaleta should have been given 10+. Richards head and shoulders went into the boards at almost the same angle, even though the situation was completely different.

To be honest I dont think that hit would have even been a penalty in the NHL. The Swiss player starts to stop and braces himself into the oncoming hit, he just got knocked off his skates and into the boards at a very bad trajectory. Terrible.

But again, all the more reason why Kaleta shoudlve gotten more, and for Richie to count his lucky stars...
Wow that is such a violent crash into the boards.....see this hit here i feel isnt as bad as Kaleta's. Obviously the outcome was far worse for this one.

Old
03-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
With Brad playing poor NYR are a worse team . The teams transition game and O zone time seemed 10 x better without that mussel eating wine guzzling prima Donna .
With a good Richards ( the one who showed up a few times in playoffs and in some big spots last year ) NYR are obviously better . When Brad is good he is real good but when he's bad he is god awful .
NYR win in a track meet tonight 5-3 with an empty better
The transition game also looked good when Boyle out of the lineup, and Richards was in.

The problem is not Richards, its line combinations. Last game, Boyle was playing with Powe and Pyatt with one objective: keep the puck in the offensive zone. That line was not fast but it was good at what it was designed to do..

There was more complementary play among the lines. Miller, who can skate, was paired with Callahan and Gabs. Two players that both keep up with him.

There was much more fluidity among our players and no one slowing each other down.

Old
03-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Pronger said his peripheral vision is really weak and doesn't have the 6th sense like he used to. He took a stick to the eye and was never the same.

Closed Thread