HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XXXIII ‎

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2013, 11:18 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender View Post
If Sherman can swallow his pride I think the best option for both teams is Stastny for Bouwmeester with what ever picks or what not need to make that even for either side.
Stephen Weiss will be in Calgary next year I'm betting. It just seems inevitable.

Old
03-07-2013, 11:27 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Stephen Weiss will be in Calgary next year I'm betting. It just seems inevitable.
And Stastny's contract will look better than ever

Weiss is going to get paid like a top tier center, even though he isn't one. UFA prices are going to continue to skyrocket.

Old
03-07-2013, 11:35 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
And Stastny's contract will look better than ever

Weiss is going to get paid like a top tier center, even though he isn't one. UFA prices are going to continue to skyrocket.
I hope we've seen the end of contracts that pay pluggers like Ville Leino and Matt Stajan star money, and 2nd tier scorers like Weiss superstar money, but I fear you may be right. Too many teams are too desperate/stupid. At least it's much harder to circumvent the cap now.

Old
03-07-2013, 11:39 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
I hope we've seen the end of contracts that pay pluggers like Ville Leino and Matt Stajan star money, and 2nd tier scorers like Weiss superstar money, but I fear you may be right. Too many teams are too desperate/stupid. At least it's much harder to circumvent the cap now.
Yep, which means to me we are going to quit seeing Zach Parise and Ryan Suter type getting cap hits in the mid 7s, they are going to start being in the 8-9+ range instead. This will make the ~6m cap pretty normal for fringe top line/pairing players.

Old
03-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
oh Leaf fans...on their board.

Quote:
Would a Finn, or Blacker, Colborne, Etc. be enough to get both Stastny and the pick?
and that is our 1st that poster was talking about...

Old
03-07-2013, 11:53 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
oh Leaf fans...on their board.

and that is our 1st that poster was talking about...
Best to ignore their fan base. If we trade with Toronto their fans will have a melt down with who we got for Stastny.

Old
03-07-2013, 11:53 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
I may be in the minority, but if Finn was added in a deal from Toronto I wouldn't be upset. I like his upside. Just not at what Toronto fans claim to be fair value in a deal for any of our centers.

A Gardiner + Finn for Stastny package would get me talking for instance.

Old
03-07-2013, 11:55 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
I may be in the minority, but if Finn was added in a deal from Toronto I wouldn't be upset. I like his upside. Just not at what Toronto fans claim to be fair value in a deal for any of our centers.

A Gardiner + Finn for Stastny package would get me talking for instance.
I think Toronto needs to add more, but it is with in the realm of not hanging up the phone.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:24 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Straight from the presses, Leaf fans think Bozak+2nd is more valuable than Giordano, LOL.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:34 PM
AvsFanRCN

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Straight from the presses, Leaf fans think Bozak+2nd is more valuable than Giordano, LOL.
Whenever I need a good chuckle I just go look at leaf fans proposals

Old
03-07-2013, 12:52 PM
CobraAcesS

Chris Bourque on waivers? I haven't paid any attention to him in a while. Does he still have any potential?

Edit: Nvm hes 27... for some reason I thought he was younger.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:59 PM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

vCash: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFanRCN View Post
Whenever I need a good chuckle I just go look at leaf fans proposals
sometimes i sincerely wonder what the hell is wrong with that fan base.
the trades they come up with are nuts. do they not realize that most of their prospects aren't that good?

Old
03-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 542
There's just a lot more Leaf fans than anyone else, so you notice the stupid ones more. There are plenty of awesome Leaf fans.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:22 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Chris Bourque on waivers? I haven't paid any attention to him in a while. Does he still have any potential?

Edit: Nvm hes 27... for some reason I thought he was younger.
You're probably thinking of his little brother Ryan, who's a Rangers prospect and has much more potential. We all fondly remember him from the time his old man won the Cup. Great moment.

Chris is listed at 5'7", which usually means he's 5'7" on skates, and I've read doesn't have a great work ethic. Pretty much a pure shooter who doesn't do much else. So, no...I wouldn't consider him a good pickup.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:22 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
There's just a lot more Leaf fans than anyone else, so you notice the stupid ones more. There are plenty of awesome Leaf fans.
Agreed.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:25 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
Agreed, feel bad for them cause god damn it are there a lot of terrible knicks fans, almost makes me wish I didn't start following them as a little kid, so I can totally supersize with them.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:27 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalderKing21 View Post
sometimes i sincerely wonder what the hell is wrong with that fan base.
the trades they come up with are nuts. do they not realize that most of their prospects aren't that good?
Most of their prospects are pretty bad. One of the lower end pools in the NHL IMO. They got Reilly and a bunch of nonsense (I don't consider Gardiner or Kadri prospects anymore). Maybe that is too harsh... Finn, Biggs, and Percy should turn out to be NHL players. I also like Leivo, but that is really about it.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:09 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
I'd be happy to just get Gardiner from the Leafs for Stastny. I don't think his value will be that great but I'd love to be wrong.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:13 PM
PAZ

Watching Kulikov this year I don't want to touch him. I still think a Stastny to Phoenix trade is our best bet. Trading history, and makes sense for both teams.

I doubt Sherman wants to deal with Feaster anytime soon unless the Flames overpay.
Nonis is too conservative to give a big package up for Staz.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:20 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
On the Blues board they're talking about Perron for Stastny...where do I sign? I know we need a guy to play with EJ but you have to take the best deal and that would be awesome. Perron with O'Reilly and Landeskog would be fun.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
Watching Kulikov this year I don't want to touch him. I still think a Stastny to Phoenix trade is our best bet. Trading history, and makes sense for both teams.

I doubt Sherman wants to deal with Feaster anytime soon unless the Flames overpay.
Nonis is too conservative to give a big package up for Staz.
His hockey IQ is abysmal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
On the Blues board they're talking about Perron for Stastny...where do I sign? I know we need a guy to play with EJ but you have to take the best deal and that would be awesome. Perron with O'Reilly and Landeskog would be fun.
His past concussion scares the daylight out of me and I think that trading Stastny (if it ever comes to this) is one of our few chances to get a good top 4 guy coming back.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:27 PM
Ceremony
Stanley Cup Attitude

vCash: 499
If St. Louis were foolish enough to offer Perron for Stastny I'd be all over it.

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Old
03-07-2013, 02:27 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
I highly doubt they would give up Perron, but if they did they would have to add. Giving up an oft injured 25-25 winger alone isn't going to bring back a slighly overpaid (1-1.5m) #1C. I just don't see the Blues wanting to trade him at all, he is signed to a reasonable deal that you can accept his shortcomings and it would be creating one hole to fill another.

A Blues/Avs trade for Stastny would be Berglund +. The plus would probably be a high end prospect.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:32 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
I'd be happy to just get Gardiner from the Leafs for Stastny. I don't think his value will be that great but I'd love to be wrong.
If there's one thing the Avs might like about Gardiner, it's that he fits that Duchene/Landy/Varly model of being big Avalanche fans growing up. He said in an interview before he loved the Avalanche, and Sakic was his idol as a kid.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:33 PM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

Can anyone tell me how far away Gormley is from playing NHL level and how he projects as a suitable LHD partner for EJ? Thinking Gormley + for Staz is better than giving up Staz + for Yandle.

If Gormley is ready to play, I would really like a Korpikoski + Gormley for Staz +

Closed Thread