HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blue Jackets Next Captain?

Old
01-09-2013, 10:37 PM
IHeartZherdev*

vCash: 500
Nikita Nikitin for captain

IHeartZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 11:30 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Its been a long road, but some people might be starting to learn some lessons from the past. Or they are just getting lucky and falling into the deals. I would prefer the former, but I'll take the later.
Just so we're clear, we are talking about posters around here (who made "imported leadership" sound like something horrible) finally coming around, right?

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 12:00 AM
Jackets Woodchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
As was indicated it we probably won't have a new C this season.
Can we go with three guys wearing "A"s on their sweater (as some teams do - either short-term or permanently - in the AHL) or does the NHL mandate somebody wearing the "C" even if it's just a semi-random selection/best guess?

Jackets Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 07:29 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackets Woodchuck View Post
or does the NHL mandate somebody wearing the "C" even if it's just a semi-random selection/best guess?
No, you don't have to have a C.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 07:31 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Just so we're clear, we are talking about posters around here (who made "imported leadership" sound like something horrible) finally coming around, right?
No, I'm talking about the front office. The true front office and not the coaching staff.

Old
01-11-2013, 10:59 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Rotating captaincy for the shortened season.... It makes sense. Hell, I'd rotate the "A"'s if we could too. Let everyone have a taste of the burden, responsibilty and message of leadership. Send the message that all the players need a to have a vested interest beyond their contracts for the sake of the team. We are in a "transition period", makes no sense to slap a "C" on this soon.

Message to the players is this: 48 games, audition for next season, Earn it.

Use this season as a jumping off point, Richards has another year on his HC deal, the Assistants will likely remain here for at least two more years.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 04:39 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
No captain, roll with three rotating A's between Johnson, Umberger, Wisniewski, Prospal, Tyutin and Dorsett. 3 can wear it for home games and the other 3 for road games. Then sometime this or next season the players and team can decided who they think has earned the right to be the captain.
My thoughts exactly.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 09:20 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

“@RobMixer: Been asked about #CBJ captaincy, and here's what Todd Richards has said: they'll open with rotating A's, want to see how leadership evolves.”

Seems that Todd and me are on the same page.

01-13-2013, 09:32 PM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

as with I...makes total sense...

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 10:16 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartZherdev View Post
Nikita Nikitin for captain
no.

Nikita Nikitin for "Kaptin"

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:12 PM
IHeartZherdev*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
no.

Also, I could see Dubisnky in the mix for the "C." I live in NJ and have seen a ton of Ranger games - this kid is super competitive, plays extremely hard, and puts himself out there physically, whether hitting or fighting. Also is not afraid to speak out.

Coming from a high pressure place like New York, and coming from playoff games and high expectations, playing with guys like Jagr, Drury, Callahan, and an intense coach like Torts...I could see Dubi really taking hold of the locker room.

Unlike RJ, Jack, or Wiz - Dubinsky has actually played in big games and played against and alongside big time players in playoff series.

Dubi LOVED going after Ovechkin and Crosby and calling them out.

Old
01-14-2013, 06:15 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
no.

And the letter on the front would look like this.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:19 PM
IHeartZherdev*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrePe0sEt48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1w_O6ayo64

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OanAxDQSO_4
I cannot wait to see what he has to say (on and off the ice) about the likes of TJ Oshie and David Backes, and I feel he will step it up against Nashville and the Wings once he gets a sense of the Columbus hatred of them...much like he did against Pitt, Philly, and Washington when he was in NY. Could be a "C" worthy

Old
01-14-2013, 06:35 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

No doubt Dubi will be a favorite. He will fit right in with the type of players that are being put together on this team. There are many candidates for the C, and the wait and see approach for this shortened season will be fun to watch. Lets just say there are more drivers than there used to be passengers.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:44 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 50
The fun thing about the captain debate is how many really good candidates we have.

That's one thing I like about the roster already. Not many passengers on the surface. Those who attempt to ride along and not row with everyone else will either get it together or get shipped out, IMO.

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:49 PM
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
The fun thing about the captain debate is how many really good candidates we have.

That's one thing I like about the roster already. Not many passengers on the surface. Those who attempt to ride along and not row with everyone else will either get it together or get shipped out, IMO.
I think it's something that Howson learned from his last build, as well. No longer do we see the passive guy like Nash or Juice. Now it's more vocal, more hard working, albeit maybe a little less talented team.

I prefer it this way. If we could just get a little good goaltending...hell average goal tending...

but as for Captain, I think it'll ultimately end up on the chest of Dubi, but Johnson, Brassard or Nik could all be good candidates.

I need to see Umberger for an extended stretch before I say I would trust him as captain. For as much as he is billed as a hard worker, he sure did quit hard on his teammates last year.

ClevelandJacketFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:56 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

The room, which we can and will speculate as to what is going on in, will have a totally different dynamic. If someone isn't pulling their weight, there will be quite a few guys demanding accountability besides coaches. Not saying there wasnt inthe past but it has a more positive feel to me now.

Old
01-14-2013, 07:01 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandJacketFan View Post
I think it's something that Howson learned from his last build, as well. No longer do we see the passive guy like Nash or Juice. Now it's more vocal, more hard working, albeit maybe a little less talented team.

I prefer it this way. If we could just get a little good goaltending...hell average goal tending...

but as for Captain, I think it'll ultimately end up on the chest of Dubi, but Johnson, Brassard or Nik could all be good candidates.

I need to see Umberger for an extended stretch before I say I would trust him as captain. For as much as he is billed as a hard worker, he sure did quit hard on his teammates last year.
Not sure about these two. Nik was asking Tyuts to explain the drills yesterday in Russian. JK you're talking about Foligno. Right?

Old
01-14-2013, 07:06 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandJacketFan View Post

I never got the sense he quit last season, but early on, I definitely got the sense that he wasn't ready to go. I share your wait and see opinion, though. I know he's a guy that plays through injuries and had a broken finger or something at one point and played through it, so who knows for sure. This year will be telling, IMO.

I like waiting on naming the C, and I suspect by mid February it will be obvious to the staff and players anyway.

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:08 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

I think Umby played through a lower body injury last year, more than a broken finger.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:48 PM
CBJ103

Quote:
I like waiting on naming the C, and I suspect by mid February it will be obvious to the staff and players anyway.
I brought this thread back up to ask several questions:

1) Has the likely captain for the 2013-2014 season become clear yet?
2) Would having a captain now help the CBJ to do any better, or is the rotation of the A's just as effective?
3) If you think that the rotating A's is currently just as effective, at what point do you think it is important for CBJ success that they name a captain?

My answers:
1) No. Captain for 2013-2014 no more obvious than when season started.
2) Rotating A's just as effective.
3) Captain not important until pieces in place to be a serious threat to make the playoffs (2-3 years if things go well).

CBJ103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:56 PM
EDM

Actually, I think we have benefited from not having a captain. It has allowed several different (JJ, Dubie, Vinny, DD, Wiz, AA, RJ-kind of-, Tuts, etc) people come forward and offer their differing brands of leadership.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 01:00 PM
Xoggz22
HFB Partner

Brandon Dubinsky will be named the next captain of the CBJ. Once healthy I would expect this to come into focus shortly.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 01:57 PM
blahblah

Oh this again? I don't care. I've been quite happy with the situation we've had this season.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:25 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
Brandon Dubinsky will be named the next captain of the CBJ. Once healthy I would expect this to come into focus shortly.
That would be a good choice... Prospal is the actual team leader but I doubt he plays after this season.. I think the team needs a Captain, Duby would be a good one imo.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote