HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVIII

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2013, 02:46 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

vCash: 500
No guarantee that they'd be able to get Fehr's contract insured given his previous injury history. Seems a little too risky for most insurance companies to want to take.

If Fehr plays like he is this season, he's a useful bottom six option and decent PKer. If he plays like he has in previous seasons, he's not. The new, physically assertive Fehr is great in plenty of roles. The contact averse, perimeter playing Fehr is useless when his wrist shot isn't finding the twine.

The best part about Fehr's game right now in my mind? He's consistently winning 1-on-1 battles on faceoff set plays. He's indirectly "assisted" on multiple goals set up off the faceoff that he hasn't received credit for.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:52 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
At which point the Caps would be on the hook for neither his cap hit (LTIR) nor his actual salary (covered by insurance).
Only a portion is covered by insurance I believe and it's still a move that would just be another McFailure at that point.

Old
03-07-2013, 03:14 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Neuvirth calls in sick (what's with the goalies in the SE Division of late), so Grubauer is called up from Hershey.

I don't see Neuvy here next season. Seems somewhat coincidental that the day after Hamrlik is waived to the Rangers, Neuvy is sick for the second time in ten days.

Old
03-07-2013, 03:16 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

I don't think there should have been 2 young goalies here next season anyway (they should go with one and get a vet backup), but yeah, Neuvy hasn't exactly endeared himself to the organization.

Old
03-07-2013, 04:21 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Last time around it was a Czech purge. This time, let's hope it's a Slovak purge.

Old
03-07-2013, 04:39 PM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Only a portion is covered by insurance I believe and it's still a move that would just be another McFailure at that point.
If it fails because he can't stay healthy, it's a fail at any price IMO. But the upside is higher now. Now if he can be signed for what you suggest, then by all means do it. If he puts a full (half) season together at this level of play, I think he has leverage as a UFA to ask for more. 900k is Crabb money, and I'd say he's bringing more than that. Really no risk other than Ted having to eat his salary.

You guys are right about the insurance, but that doesn't affect the team unless there's an internal cap.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:17 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Katie C says no Neuvy at practice again today, so Grubauer remains with the team. Neuvy's days with this team have to be numbered.

Green skated but did not practice today.

MAJO wearing the third line green jersies along with Chimera, Beagle and Ward.

Main board has thread regarding Evander Kane and Claude Noel going at it on the bench last night. Would love to see Kane here.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:25 AM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Katie C says no Neuvy at practice again today, so Grubauer remains with the team. Neuvy's days with this team have to be numbered.

Main board has thread regarding Evander Kane and Claude Noel going at it on the bench last night. Would love to see Kane here.
Would certainly fill a big hole, but I don't even want to start thinking about what he'd cost to acquire.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Millhaus

Quote:
Wasn't Neuvirth sick the other day? Isn't it reasonable that he is still sick and the team asked him to wait until he was completely over it before practicing again? Why do his days have to be numbered?

Old
03-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Certainly seems that the flu bug is going around Kettler. Brouwer and Neuvirth have missed games, Backstrom missed a practice. Team likely just wants to keep the sick players away.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:06 PM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Certainly seems that the flu bug is going around Kettler. Brouwer and Neuvirth have missed games, Backstrom missed a practice. Team likely just wants to keep the sick players away.
On that note, Johansson will travel with the team to NY. Green and Neuvirth won't.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:17 PM
AlexBrovechkin8

Any chance we deal Neuvy at the deadline? With Grubauer tearing it up and Holtby looking like a franchise goalie, I don't see us resigning Neuvy. Might as well try and get something for him. We need a vet around here anyway, not two young goalies that need games.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:00 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Poor Schultz has had mono for 7 years. I wouldn't read too much into Neuvirth's head cold stretching into a week.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:09 PM
msrulo

I wonder how much Ribeiro gets next year because of Getzlaf's contract. George must be looking to re-sign Ribeiro or trade him.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:11 PM
Halpysback

Same as he was before, 5.5 - 6 million at 5-7 years. Getzlaf is getting much less actual money than past big name UFAs.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:16 PM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Same as he was before, 5.5 - 6 million at 5-7 years. Getzlaf is getting much less actual money than past big name UFAs.
Past big name UFAs didn't have that pesky 8 year contract limit $8.25M AAV is comparable to the Suter and Parise deals.

I really, really hope Ribeiro isn't priced out of DC.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:17 PM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Poor Schultz has had mono for 7 years. I wouldn't read too much into Neuvirth's head cold stretching into a week.
I know. He's still trying to get his strength back. Rough go. My guess is by our Cup winning year of 2020, he will be a beast.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:18 PM
msrulo

Quote:
Considering Ribs will probably test the free agent market if not traded, he would probably get a significant signing bonus. I wouldn't mind the Caps trading Ribeiro if he says he does want to test that market before the trade deadline. I hope the Caps sign him though for less than 6m.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:22 PM
Liberati0n
Full Hammock

So it's seriously being suggested here that Neuvirth is faking sick?

Old
03-08-2013, 01:26 PM
Foy

Quote:
past UFAs were getting more money, but had those years at the end with $1m to lower the Cap hit. Ovy is the highest Cap hit in the league, but like the 8th or 9th highest salary.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:31 PM
Liberati0n
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
past UFAs were getting more money, but had those years at the end with $1m to lower the Cap hit. Ovy is the highest Cap hit in the league, but like the 8th or 9th highest salary.
That's what he just said.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:31 PM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by msrulo View Post
Considering Ribs will probably test the free agent market if not traded, he would probably get a significant signing bonus. I wouldn't mind the Caps trading Ribeiro if he says he does want to test that market before the trade deadline. I hope the Caps sign him though for less than 6m.
If we are in the playoff hunt then this simply won't happen. If we can't sign him we ride him thru the playoffs and then let him walk in the offseason.

Getzlaf is much younger and just better. There isn't much comparison there really.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:41 PM
msrulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
If we are in the playoff hunt then this simply won't happen. If we can't sign him we ride him thru the playoffs and then let him walk in the offseason.

Getzlaf is much younger and just better. There isn't much comparison there really.
Ribs is doing better at 33 than Getz in the points perspective. Getzlaf is signed until 35 at the same cap hit. It's my concern that Ribs value significantly increased and could go for 9m+ cap hit and a well written signing bonus. If he were to demand that, the Caps would have to trade him or let him walk.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:43 PM
SchultzSquared

Quote:

MJO, Green and Neuvirth... hmm... all nice pieces I would like on the Oilers... what would all three cost together?

Old
03-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by msrulo View Post
Ribs is doing better at 33 than Getz in the points perspective. Getzlaf is signed until 35 at the same cap hit. It's my concern that Ribs value significantly increased and could go for 9m+ cap hit and a well written signing bonus. If he were to demand that, the Caps would have to trade him or let him walk.
Nobody is giving Ribeiro $9 mil a year...

Closed Thread