HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Dany Heatley to the Penguins at the deadline.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:44 PM
domaug*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
If you want to say he has been to four All-Star Games - go ahead. That is true. To say he is a ****in' All-Star today is inaccurate. Its been three or four years since he was one. He isn't the same player he was when he went to the all-star games.

the "****in' All-Star" bit is a running gag by OttawaGh0st on youtube

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 01:53 PM
madinsomniac

The pens are still looking for a top winger to play with sid, but they want one they can can sign long term, who is near to his prime, not outside of it.

madinsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Descendent*

Heatley is the type of mature skilled player that Crosby needs to play with. I don't think it's a bad idea.

Descendent* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Billy Mays Here*
#Yeolo'd Too Hard

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
If you want to say he has been to four All-Star Games - go ahead. That is true. To say he is a ****in' All-Star today is inaccurate. Its been three or four years since he was one. He isn't the same player he was when he went to the all-star games.
LOL, you clearly have never seen OttawaGhost's videos. You're the only one on here that doesn't get the joke.

Billy Mays Here* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 02:47 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
LOL, you clearly have never seen OttawaGhost's videos. You're the only one on here that doesn't get the joke.
OC seems to miss a lot of humor. posting on message boards is serious stuff. not to be taken lightly. gotta stamp out all those winger to the penguins threads.

Crafton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 03:50 PM
MastuhNinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by madinsomniac View Post
The pens are still looking for a top winger to play with sid, but they want one they can can sign long term, who is near to his prime, not outside of it.
Beggars can't be choosers... I mean obviously the Penguins don't HAVE to trade for a winger to play with Crosby, but just because something isn't 100% perfectly what you're looking for doesn't mean you should ignore it.

At worst Heatley is a 30 goal scorer playing with Crosby.

MastuhNinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 03:58 PM
Wondercarrot
Stone, Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descendent View Post
Heatley is the type of mature skilled player that Crosby needs to play with. I don't think it's a bad idea.
Everything you wrote there? go with the complete opposite.
Penguin fans you do not want him for free. im serious and it has nothing to with me hating him as an Ottawa fan, he has nothing left and has been running on fumes for a few years.

Cant skate, cant battle for pucks, i guess if he stands in the slot crosby can bounce a few off him.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 04:04 PM
murdock1116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
Why, oh why did we trade Havlat for him.

I mean, I guess I was excited when I heard it happened since Heatley was still something back then but now....
As a Sharks fan let me say that atleast Heatley stays healthy!

murdock1116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 06:04 PM
Big ox

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastuhNinks View Post
This is an interesting idea I think... Everyone talks about Iggy going to the Penguins (rightfully so, I would love to see this happen), but I think Heatley would be a pretty good fit too. This is a guy that is only a few years removed from being one of the NHL's best snipers (50, 41, 39 and 39 goals from 2005-2006 to 2009-2010) and he isn't terrible now, 50 goals combined in his past two seasons, on pace for 31 goals this season.

It's a low risk move, Heatley's contract only has 1 more year after this one (and he could always be bought out at the end of the season, right?), and it could really pay off.

If the Wild are out of the race come trade deadline time, or they aren't looking like a team that could potentially contend, what do you think Minnesota would want?
He might be the winger Crosby has bin hoping for . But it way to much cap space to tie up.

Big ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 06:06 PM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
This is an interesting idea I think... Everyone talks about Iggy going to the Penguins (rightfully so, I would love to see this happen), but I think Heatley would be a pretty good fit too. This is a guy that is only a few years removed from being one of the NHL's best snipers (50, 41, 39 and 39 goals from 2005-2006 to 2009-2010) and he isn't terrible now, 50 goals combined in his past two seasons, on pace for 31 goals this season.

It's a low risk move, Heatley's contract only has 1 more year after this one (and he could always be bought out at the end of the season, right?), and it could really pay off.

If the Wild are out of the race come trade deadline time, or they aren't looking like a team that could potentially contend, what do you think Minnesota would want?
No it's not. Not an interesting idea at all. Heatley is slow and his cap hit is too high for next year even if he is just making 5m in his final year.

He's the exact opposite of the type of player Sid would be fine with. Do you even know why Dupuis is in the top 6 with Sid? Because he can skate with him, no thanks to Heatley. Wild can keep him and then buy him out in the summer.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 06:10 PM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Beggars can't be choosers... I mean obviously the Penguins don't HAVE to trade for a winger to play with Crosby, but just because something isn't 100% perfectly what you're looking for doesn't mean you should ignore it.

At worst Heatley is a 30 goal scorer playing with Crosby.
Lol, Beggar's can't be choosers...funny.

Pens can definitely be choosers. Sid leads the league in points and has been at an unreal ppg pace regardless of who his wingers are. As it stands, Beau Bennett is now getting a more legit top 6 spot and that kid has earned it. That solves the Geno line and Sid has Kunitz so far, in the off season or at the deadline, I expect Ray will address the whole situation but I still think the top line RW spot will be filled in the off season when the options are better and the Pens don't have to give anything up.

Dupuis is producing, he has 12pts in 23gms, Heatley has 13 in 22. For now, I stick with what works on that 1st line, the biggest issue all season has been Geno's LW, not Sid's line, not even in the least.

Heatly is too slow, you should watch the way Sid plays first before you even entertain the notion that Heatley is a good fit on Sid's wing. I mean...seriously, do people even watch Crosby and the style he plays?

Kunitz & Dupuis are speedy wingers and even they sometimes need to bust their hump to catch up to Sid down the ice.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 750
Quote:

I mean, I guess I was excited when I heard it happened since Heatley was still something back then but now....
Seriously? Have you seen Havlat's numbers? I would take Heatley over Havlat 100/100 times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafton View Post
OC seems to miss a lot of humor. posting on message boards is serious stuff. not to be taken lightly. gotta stamp out all those winger to the penguins threads.
He often does!

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 07:24 PM
rynryn
Reluctant Optimist

vCash: 50
Quote:

Heatleys superior health and productivity aside, and disregarding team need for a shooter (and Sharks need for speed)...

the deal made perfect sense for the Wild because Heatley has one less year on his contract.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:59 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

If the Wild ate half of Heatley's salary, what would Pittsburgh fans be willing to give up?

I'd rather trade him and retain half salary than buy him out this summer, then use the buyout for Harding (sorry Josh).

Possible to get a defensive prospect?

Could you guys take another contract back in the deal (like a fringe NHL'er on a two-way)?

Quote:

Heatley has 32 goals and 66 points...Havlat has 10 goals and 33 points. I'm okay with that.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:09 PM
Common Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
If the Wild ate half of Heatley's salary, what would Pittsburgh fans be willing to give up?

I'd rather trade him and retain half salary than buy him out this summer, then use the buyout for Harding (sorry Josh).

Possible to get a defensive prospect?
I would be interested but the catch 22 there is that other teams would probably outbid us because Heatley has value at 3.75M.

Common Sense is offline   Reply With Quote