HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Danny Briere: activated Apr. 11 (concussion Mar. 25); Q and A article Apr. 11

Old
03-07-2013, 03:31 PM
FlyingPhilly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Thanks for the insight. I really don't want to move Laughton. I think he's going to be a good one here.
I would move Laughton if the return is good. To me no one is untouchable for the right price. I also rather trade Laughton than Couturier.

FlyingPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 03:32 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Yeah, I have no issue trading Laughton. Even if Briere gets moved there are plenty of centers. He's spent much of the season on wing anyways.

03-07-2013, 03:33 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Sounds interesting whether true or not......

Bruins do need a scorer and again per Eklund for what it's worth.

I trust BCF's sources just like I did Renegade and Dobberhockey with the Carter and Richard's trades more than Eklund...

Quote:
According to sources close to the situation the Bruins are being very aggressive in their attempt to tie up some extra scoring and will be "absolutely" using the cap space gained from moving Tim Thomas. The source also added "The Bruins have their eye on an aging star out West who has yet to win a Cup and would love to make that happen." This all reminds me of Ray Bourque leaving Boston for Colorado at the end of his career to win a Stanley Cup.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...g-More/1/49799

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 03:34 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Sounds like Iggy.

SeanCWombBroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 03:36 PM
LegionOfDoom91

I mean I would trade him if its the right deal. I just see Homer trading him and our 1st this year for something. I'm sick of trading away 1st round picks.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 03:40 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
I mean I would trade him if its the right deal. I just see Homer trading him and our 1st this year for something. I'm sick of trading away 1st round picks.
They might give up the first if they keep Laughton..so yeah I'm concerned especially since it's a good draft and it is likely we'll hover in the 10th worst team in the league range if they can't actually win more than 2 games in a row and do so more consistently from hence forward..

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 03:43 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Wouldn't that put the Flyers over the contracts limit?
It would. That's why there's a lot more to this trade than just Briere for a handful of contracts and a draft pick. How the trade would go down is that Briere gets moved first, but it wouldn't be announced until after the second trade is completed to free up contract spaces. Jtown, I'll PM you on how I know.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 03:45 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
It would. That's why there's a lot more to this trade than just Briere for a handful of contracts and a draft pick. How the trade would go down is that Briere gets moved first, but it wouldn't be announced until after the second trade is completed to free up contract spaces. Jtown, I'll PM you on how I know.
Any idea on what the 1st trade would be?

Edit: Never mind just saw in another post you're working on details.

Old
03-07-2013, 03:52 PM
Prongo
Beer

I would really rather trade Briere out of the conference. I don't want him haunting us for 2 years once we move him. Which we all know he will.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 03:57 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I would really rather trade Briere out of the conference. I don't want him haunting us for 2 years once we move him. Which we all know he will.
Getting rid of him and his contract will be great, getting something for him will be awesome. I'm certainly not afraid of him coming back to haunt us.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 03:57 PM
YuioIklo

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Yeah, I have no issue trading Laughton. Even if Briere gets moved there are plenty of centers. He's spent much of the season on wing anyways.
Laughton doesn't have a special value right now I think, and he's shown signs of greatness. I wouldn't want to risk losing really good player for the return he would get. But then, I don't know what the return would be... I really hope that they keep him.

YuioIklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 03:59 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
This is hearsay, but the Bruins have apparently put an offer on the table for Briere. From what I was told, the offer was Svedberg, Krug, Ference (for salary purposes) and a draft pick (not a first though) for Briere. Briere has been asked to waive his NMC/NTC, but he's asking for a lot to waive. In particular, he's asking for housing and travel arrangements for his ex-wife to see and spend time with the kids and he's asking that whatever team he moves to, they pay for a tutor to go on the road with him and his kids so that they aren't behind in school AND he's asking that the team pay for his ex-wife to go on the road with them so she can spend time with the kids. Could make for interesting discussions.
I don't blame him at all. It isn't like they are still together and can all travel to whichever city he goes to so something has to give. But aren't expenses like these considered part of his salary, or at least impact the cap?

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 04:01 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Getting rid of him and his contract will be great, getting something for him will be awesome. I'm certainly not afraid of him coming back to haunt us.
I just think if Briere is willing, moving him west makes much more sense. I believe Briere could fetch a pretty package if he is being shopped. Teams like St. Louis, Phoenix, Anaheim, and Nashville need a player like him. If he is moved, I am not concerned about getting little in return.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 04:04 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
I don't blame him at all. It isn't like they are still together and can all travel to whichever city he goes to so something has to give. But aren't expenses like these considered part of his salary, or at least impact the cap?
I don't know how child care and stuff like that would impact the cap because I haven't seen anything in the CBA about stuff like that. Technically, it could be a personal services item that doesn't count against the cap and it wouldn't be circumvention either. I'll have to talk to a few people to see what they say.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 04:06 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I just think if Briere is willing, moving him west makes much more sense. I believe Briere could fetch a pretty package if he is being shopped. Teams like St. Louis, Phoenix, Anaheim, and Nashville need a player like him. If he is moved, I am not concerned about getting little in return.
Agreed. I think Homer sits on this pretty close to the deadline. I think we'll get something good in return for Briere. Homer's has been getting some good value in his trades recently. So hopefully that's a trend that continues.

Old
03-07-2013, 04:11 PM
YuioIklo

I'm not sure I would trade Briere for a low 2nd + unknown prospects and a pending UFA...

Old
03-07-2013, 04:13 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuioIklo View Post
I'm not sure I would trade Briere for a low 2nd + unknown prospects and a pending UFA...
Spooner was a high second round pick 2 years ago. If he's included it won't be too bad.

Old
03-07-2013, 04:15 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Quote:
We are facing the prospect of the Flyers buying him out after this season and getting no compensation...

03-07-2013, 04:26 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Spooner was a high second round pick 2 years ago. If he's included it won't be too bad.
Svedberg isn't bad either. sure the flyers drafted a similar aged goalie who is currently in the SEL and put up better numbers then Svedberg but thats another story and i don't want to get into that right now

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 04:28 PM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
Did Krug win the Hobey Baker ?

And who would pay all those expenses, the Bruins or the FLyers ?

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 04:28 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Svedberg isn't bad either. sure the flyers drafted a similar aged goalie who is currently in the SEL and put up better numbers then Svedberg but thats another story and i don't want to get into that right now
If the Flyers want him apart of the deal. That tells me all I need to know about him. I trust this organization when it comes to identifying talented centers.

Old
03-07-2013, 04:33 PM
YuioIklo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
We are facing the prospect of the Flyers buying him out after this season and getting no compensation...
I don't see this happening. Maybe in 2014 when we'll have to resign Giroux, but not this summer.

Old
03-07-2013, 04:38 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
I don't see this happening. Maybe in 2014 when we'll have to resign Giroux, but not this summer.
I think at this point in time getting good assets for him is the right way to start thinking. Seriously the guy isnt getting any better as he gets older. He is progressively getting slowly and overall not as effective as he has been.

I'd be....alright, I think, with this deal.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 04:49 PM
hockeyfreak7

Interesting. I'm one of Briere's biggest supporters, but Spooner+2nd would be pretty good value, I think. I'd love to see what the other deal would be. Don't like moving Laughton, but I trust Holmgren would be moving him for some defensive youth.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 05:14 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
PM me too...

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote