02-27-2013, 11:49 AM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Get him locked up.

5x5
Same here. Just extend this guy and enjoy.

Jean_Jacket41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:55 AM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

I hope he regains his first year Bruin nasty back at some point. But he's maintained his offensive production and even though he seems invisible at times, he's an asset when he's on.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:08 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Other then Lucic, you can say this about the entire team...We are a kinder, gentler Bruins in '13!

I guess you can wait until the summer, but not after July 1st IMO (or whenever it is this year) beause somebody will overpay....
Just thinking a little outside of the box here:

Perhaps the Bruins are purposely toning down on the physical stuff because of the brutal schedule coming in March followed by the playoff season in April/May/June. Stay healthy, win games, ramp up the intensity when the games matter; maybe that's the plan.

IMO the Bruins are still the grittiest team in the league and the threat of violence always hangs in the air when they're on the ice even though it hasn't been displayed all that much this year. They can beat other teams playing any style, power or finesse.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:21 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
Just thinking a little outside of the box here:

Perhaps the Bruins are purposely toning down on the physical stuff because of the brutal schedule coming in March followed by the playoff season in April/May/June. Stay healthy, win games, ramp up the intensity when the games matter; maybe that's the plan.

IMO the Bruins are still the grittiest team in the league and the threat of violence always hangs in the air when they're on the ice even though it hasn't been displayed all that much this year. They can beat other teams playing any style, power or finesse.
You're probably 100% correct, and since they are winning games they haven't had a reason to rough it up.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:23 PM
mashmont

In order to keep Horty, well most likely have to move someone..

I could be way off here but if we buyout savard thats what 4m off the books.

If everyone took the same exact salary as this year wed be at 58M next year with a what 60m cap? Well most likely have to move someone.

again i could be way off here i didnt really do all that much looking.

mashmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:25 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupahSeguin View Post
In order to keep Horty, well most likely have to move someone..

I could be way off here but if we buyout savard thats what 4m off the books.

If everyone took the same exact salary as this year wed be at 58M next year with a what 60m cap? Well most likely have to move someone.

again i could be way off here i didnt really do all that much looking.
They can't buy out Savard and I think the cap next year will be no lower than 64.3M

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 01:19 PM
Lord Ahriman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Get him locked up.

5x5
The Bruins are very tight against the cap, so I'd try something different: 1 year, $4M and then in January, 4 years $21.5M (extra $0.5M as reward in order to help our cap situation).

Lord Ahriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 01:22 PM
22Brad Park

Quote:
You make room for your top 6. Our 4th line this year is really overpaid as they don't resemble the one in the Vancouver SC...Kelly is really underperforming..
How do you figure Kelly is underperforming? Cause he is not on pace to score as much as last year ? Last year he over acheived in that department.Look at Bruins pK and know that he is a big part of that,Be happy he is here .Watch him closer and look at all the small things he does so well.That guy is a leder and has that "A" for a reason.I am sick of people bashing him cause he is one of Bruins best diggers and smarter players.As for Horton,they are much better team with him and be smart Chia try get him locked up.

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 01:46 PM
Oates2Neely

Lucic Krejci Horton
Marchand Bergeron Seguin
(Camara) (Spooner) Peverly
Paille (Knight) Thornton

Chara Boychuk
Seidenberg Hamilton
(Krug) McQuaid

Drop: Ference, Kelly, Campbell

Call-ups: Knight, Spooner, Camara, Koko, Krug

*With this line-up is there any capspace for upgrades?

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 01:49 PM
Shaun
best poster alive

With him in the lineup last year and continuing into this year they have look unstoppable.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 02:12 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
With him in the lineup last year and continuing into this year they have look unstoppable.
His presence makes the top-2 lines too much to handle for other teams. Also, Krejci and Bergy lines play different styles. One line with more strenght and the other one with craft, speed and some selke to booth.

Now, add another winger with 20 goals skill for that 3rd line before the playoffs and enjoy another long Cup run.

I have no doubt Chia will extend Horton. As for Cap space, you deal with that later.

Jean_Jacket41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 03:00 PM
hoss75

hoss75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 03:04 PM
bruins04

we're 2-0 in game 7's where Nasty Nate has laced them up. Every year in the Julien era that didn't result in a cup resulted in a game 7 loss.

so heck yea, re-up Nate!

bruins04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 03:12 PM
RetiredWBC8

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Brad Park View Post
How do you figure Kelly is underperforming? Cause he is not on pace to score as much as last year ? Last year he over acheived in that department.Look at Bruins pK and know that he is a big part of that,Be happy he is here .Watch him closer and look at all the small things he does so well.That guy is a leder and has that "A" for a reason.I am sick of people bashing him cause he is one of Bruins best diggers and smarter players.As for Horton,they are much better team with him and be smart Chia try get him locked up.
He's on pace for 5 goals over an 80 game season....Sorry if I don't find that acceptable.

He's paid 3 mil per year...our diggers get 1.6 and less.

I think he will come around. He was awful the balance of the 2011 season but turned it on in the play-offs.

RetiredWBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 05:11 PM
Merk57

I'd say re-sign Horton, I don't think anyone will be available as a UFA that is an upgrade to what he brings.

As for the off topic Kelly debate... I like how Kelly plays, and I agree he does so many of the little things right. His lack of offence I think has to do with the third line's lack of chemistry. We need an upgrade or at least a different kind of player than Bourque. Paille has been good this year but still doesn't seem to be the right fit for that line. Chia will get something done.

In Chia I trust!

Merk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 05:22 PM
Dellstrom
Pastrnasty

vCash: 650
His numbers are terrific, and without him our forward groups size is diminished big time. Well worthy of an extension.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 03:00 PM
C77

I think Horton is important to the Bruins success. Last year the offense was not productive without him.

However, the more I watch him I can't help but ask...Is there anyone on the Bruins roster that gets less from his natural ability than Horton?

Right now he's got 7 goals and 5 assists in 20 games.

I'm still in favor of re-signing him but it's pretty frustrating to see a guy with such ability get outperformed by guys that don't have nearly the same amount of talent.

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 03:42 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
I know a lot of people think they will let him walk, but I don't think they will. This is a guy that Chiarelli targeted, he waited a whole year to get him, he's a guy he wanted and Chiarelli has shown that he likes to keep those guys around.

This team is entirely different with Horton out of the lineup.
I agree.

I'm concerned about the cap next season though. How are we going to be able to afford BOTH Horton AND Iginla?

I'd hate to see Horts go. Guy is money and his size is SO important to have in the top six.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 03:47 PM
RetiredWBC8

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by C77 View Post
I think Horton is important to the Bruins success. Last year the offense was not productive without him.

However, the more I watch him I can't help but ask...Is there anyone on the Bruins roster that gets less from his natural ability than Horton?

Right now he's got 7 goals and 5 assists in 20 games.

I'm still in favor of re-signing him but it's pretty frustrating to see a guy with such ability get outperformed by guys that don't have nearly the same amount of talent.
That's still a 28 goal and 50pt pace. Add in the playoff heroics and I'm fine with 3 yrs 15 mil.

RetiredWBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 03:59 PM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
That's still a 28 goal and 50pt pace. Add in the playoff heroics and I'm fine with 3 yrs 15 mil.
Sometimes I wonder what people think 25-30 goal scorers should cost. If he added the consistency that people here seem to salivate over so much, he'd be a 35-40 goal guy, and we'd have never been able to add him in the first place. Guys that produce consistently are elite and they're few and far between. Be happy that we were able to add him for the pittance that it took to get him and that he seems to be genuinely happy here so not likely to go after every last dollar as a UFA

MTaylorJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 04:01 PM
Rumpy

Injuries concern me to much....

I don't do a term longer than 2 years at the same money.

Rumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 04:18 PM
Over the volcano

Do you think we would see "nasty Nate" again, or will he be "nifty Nate" from here on out. Maybe it's the concussion, maybe just a return to form, but he's looked more like Ryder from the mediocre-old-days than the bash brother he was for a stretch there with lucic.

Over the volcano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 04:21 PM
smithformeragent

Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
He's streaky and inconsistent just like the rest of that line. He's a good, but not great player who has not lived up to his draft position.

03-07-2013, 04:30 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
Do you think we would see "nasty Nate" again, or will he be "nifty Nate" from here on out. Maybe it's the concussion, maybe just a return to form, but he's looked more like Ryder from the mediocre-old-days than the bash brother he was for a stretch there with lucic.
Neutered Nate. Yeah, just going to assume it's the concussion stuff. Ryder is a great analogy. His hands, he just seems to take so long to gain control of a puck. Even when uncontested. Can't remember the last time I saw him win a battle, let alone make a good pass.

5 seems high to me.

At the same time, last thing I want to see is a goal scoring walk. Especially a guy that has proven he can do it in the playoffs.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 04:44 PM
Oates2Neely

I'm a Horton fan, but I'm on the fence still.

It'll probably take 5m per to keep him.

Hypothetical question: would you rather have Horton at 5m per, or Perry at 7m per?

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote