HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs Lounge v.113 - The "You're in high school, show some respect" Conundrum

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2013, 06:07 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle93 View Post
How is the teacher being disrespectful? You young children just don't get it. You will learn.
How is he not?

Blaming people for something they didn't do is not disrespectful? I don't even believe in any religion, but I'm sure that's wrong in almost every one....

Old
03-07-2013, 06:08 PM
Kyle93
LL4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
How is he not?

Blaming people for something they didn't do is not disrespectful? I don't even believe in any religion, but I'm sure that's wrong in almost every one....
You could of did something that you were unaware of, or there could be some mistake. Either way you just don't act like that.

Old
03-07-2013, 06:10 PM
BertCorbeau
Oh Mr Peeenguin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post

We played sir

Old
03-07-2013, 06:10 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
How is the teacher being disrespectful? You young children just don't get it. You will learn.
Well he told Phion to GTFO without any reason or explanation. That's pretty dumb from the teachers perspective.

I don't think Phion should have let it escalate to where it went though. Both parties guilty here from my perspective.

Old
03-07-2013, 06:18 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Quote:
You could of did something that you were unaware of, or there could be some mistake. Either way you just don't act like that.
Well I would understand if the teacher had a viable reason or at least explained why he was doing that. If a teacher doesn't explain his reasoning, you have to think he doesn't have a good reason.

Honestly, wouldn't you get pissed if your just sitting, minding your own business and someone comes and tells you to gtfo for no reason? First its only natural to wonder why and question it. When your not given a reason, its simply not right and its disrespectful.

Old
03-07-2013, 06:19 PM
BertCorbeau
Oh Mr Peeenguin...

Quote:
I love you.

Exactly this... I don't care what position you have in a SECONDARY SCHOOL.
University I get, as it has much more influence on your future. Getting on the bad side of your prof is not the smartest thing to do.

But this guy doesn't even know me! I could care less if he was Obama.
Your prof probably won't even know who you are

Nice standards you have for respect based on people's jobs ... You're in for a treat when you enter the working world in a real job

Old
03-07-2013, 06:22 PM
Kyle93
LL4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsMonster View Post
Well I would understand if the teacher had a viable reason or at least explained why he was doing that. If a teacher doesn't explain his reasoning, you have to think he doesn't have a good reason.

Honestly, wouldn't you get pissed if your just sitting, minding your own business and someone comes and tells you to gtfo for no reason? First its only natural to wonder why and question it. When your not given a reason, its simply not right and its disrespectful.
I get that, but to want to fight the teacher? As bert said, maybe the teacher had a good reason but it was private so he didn't want to share it right there.

Old
03-07-2013, 06:24 PM
Kyle93
LL4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post

Nice standards you have for respect based on people's jobs ... You're in for a treat when you enter the working world in a real job
I could see it now: Phion's boss tells him to do something and he doesn't want to do it, boss says just do it and Phions like No **** you! I don't have to listen to you, you need to EARN my respect!

Old
03-07-2013, 06:24 PM
Hurt
Global Moderator

Quote:
I love you.

University I get, as it has much more influence on your future. Getting on the bad side of your prof is not the smartest thing to do.

Hahaha. This guy.

03-07-2013, 06:26 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Well if eating lunch while studying for a test is bad then go ahead and kick me out.
If he could at least TELL me what I apparently did wrong then that would help solve the issue. There was no misunderstanding from me. From him, there definitely was
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
Well he told Phion to GTFO without any reason or explanation. That's pretty dumb from the teachers perspective.

I don't think Phion should have let it escalate to where it went though. Both parties guilty here from my perspective.
Just got a text from my friend (the one who the teacher asked to go get the principal), that the teacher told him in class that he's taking 5% off his next test for refusing to get the principal. My friend asked him what I did wrong and he still didn't tell him

This guys a ****ing joke.

Old
03-07-2013, 06:28 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
I could see it now: Phion's boss tells him to do something and he doesn't want to do it, boss says just do it and Phions like No **** you! I don't have to listen to you, you need to EARN my respect!
I said on the other page that I'll respect my bosses. As I have in all of my jobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
Hahaha. This guy.
Depends where I go.

The math program that I got accepted to has class sizes of 25-30.
Probably going to accounting/finance, but still

Old
03-07-2013, 06:28 PM
Borjes Baumingdyk
OurFanbaseIsTheEnemy

Quote:
I love you.

Quote:

Honestly Phion, Secondary school marks(+ whatever they write in your file) get you into Uni, and crappy marks get you into CC. If you really think that your Prof @ Uni gives a crap who you are or if your in class or not...you're in for a rude awakening. As far as your teacher in HS knowing you, he doesn't have to.
It's something about a books cover. Chances are, that he or others have heard your rants and raves (like this one) in between classes or on lunches.So, if this outburst is any indication of what you're capable of then there lies your answer.

Last edited by Hurt: 03-07-2013 at 06:30 PM. Reason: don't filter evade please
Old
03-07-2013, 06:30 PM
Kyle93
LL4Life

Quote:
I said on the other page that I'll respect my bosses. As I have in all of my jobs.

Depends where I go.

The math program that I got accepted to has class sizes of 25-30.
Probably going to accounting/finance, but still
have fun, you are going to LOVE accounting. haha na I'm kidding but it does get ****ing boring every day which is why I'm switching programs.

Old
03-07-2013, 06:31 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 50
you know what you're switching to yet kyle?

Old
03-07-2013, 06:34 PM
Kyle93
LL4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
you know what you're switching to yet kyle?
not entirely sure but I'm doing it this week (Monday at the very latest) Not much time to think about it anyways as it is already March haha

Old
03-07-2013, 06:35 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
have fun, you are going to LOVE accounting. haha na I'm kidding but it does get ****ing boring every day which is why I'm switching programs.
I know it's boring, but all school is
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmythesMinions View Post
Honestly Phion, Secondary school marks(+ whatever they write in your file) get you into Uni, and crappy marks get you into CC. If you really think that your Prof @ Uni gives a crap who you are or if your in class or not...you're in for a rude awakening. As far as your teacher in HS knowing you, he doesn't have to.
It's something about a books cover. Chances are, that he or others have heard your rants and raves (like this one) in between classes or on lunches.So, if this outburst is any indication of what you're capable of then there lies your answer.
I'm already accepted into Uni. Even if I get a 0 in all my courses this semester I'm still in.
I have a 90 average right now. He's never heard of me, I guarantee you that, only time I'm in the office is to sign in/out of school.

Old
03-07-2013, 06:38 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

All I have to say is.. A teacher is a teacher is a teacher is a prof is a teacher. If you know them or not. End of story.

Old
03-07-2013, 06:38 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

**** you Kostka. ****ing waste.

Old
03-07-2013, 06:40 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
All I have to say is.. A teacher is a teacher is a teacher is a prof is a teacher. If you know them or not. End of story.
Funny you say that. A teacher at my school got kicked out for ****** a girl.
Quote:
**** you Kostka. ****ing waste.
I know

Old
03-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Borjes Baumingdyk
OurFanbaseIsTheEnemy

Quote:

I'm already accepted into Uni. Even if I get a 0 in all my courses this semester I'm still in.
I have a 90 average right now. He's never heard of me, I guarantee you that, only time I'm in the office is to sign in/out of school.
Regardless, please learn some form of humility, your life will depend on it. trust me.

Old
03-07-2013, 06:54 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Funny you say that. A teacher at my school got kicked out for ****** a girl.

I know
So one teacher means you treat every teacher that way? Does everyone treat player agents / coaches like Graham James? No. You're hysterical.

03-07-2013, 07:00 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
So one teacher means you treat every teacher that way? Does everyone treat player agents / coaches like Graham James? No. You're hysterical.
Lol give me a break. They are a teacher, not a ****ing pope.

Hey, my mailman refuses to deliver me mail, but I should treat him with respect because he's a mailman!

Old
03-07-2013, 07:01 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
To be fair, you don't know what the teacher he dealt with is like. A teacher who deducts 5% from a student's test due to him not getting the principle is a ****ing idiot.

I have never heard of anything like that before. Not in my HS, nor MS. Respectful teachers don't do that to students, no matter how much of a smartass they are.

And Phion, you need to understand where to fight for yourself, and where to ease off. Getting on a teachers bad side is never a good thing, so try not to get in conflict with them. You'd be surprised at the benefits you can get from being on their good side.

Old
03-07-2013, 07:03 PM
BertCorbeau
Oh Mr Peeenguin...

Quote:
Lol give me a break. They are a teacher, not a ****ing pope.

Hey, my mailman refuses to deliver me mail, but I should treat him with respect because he's a mailman!
Or you should treat him with respect because he is a person .. Who gives a **** about what they do?

Poor example by the way ... More appropriate would be that the mailman tells you to shovel your sidewalk of snow, you get all *****y about it and he stops delivering your mail

Old
03-07-2013, 07:07 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
To be fair, you don't know what the teacher he dealt with is like. A teacher who deducts 5% from a student's test due to him not getting the principle is a ****ing idiot.

I have never heard of anything like that before. Not in my HS, nor MS. Respectful teachers don't do that to students, no matter how much of a smartass they are.

And Phion, you need to understand where to fight for yourself, and where to ease off. Getting on a teachers bad side is never a good thing, so try not to get in conflict with them. You'd be surprised at the benefits you can get from being on their good side.
Yup I agree completely. If this was my first semester then I wouldn't of done anything, but since its my last I know I won't have him no matter what.
A lot of teachers really like me, I'll even stay after class to help them stack chairs or clean the room up. It's just when they disrespect me is when I disrespect then back.
Quote:
Or you should treat him with respect because he is a person .. Who gives a **** about what they do?

Poor example by the way ... More appropriate would be that the mailman tells you to shovel your sidewalk of snow, you get all *****y about it and he stops delivering your mail
In my case the snow was already shovelled then, as I did not do anything.

I wouldn't of snapped if I didn't get wrongfully accused, and even then I didn't snap. I snapped AFTER I asked him at least 5 times what I did wrong and he avoided the answer.

Closed Thread