HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs Lounge v.113 - The "You're in high school, show some respect" Conundrum

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-07-2013, 06:07 PM
  #101
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 28,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle93 View Post
How is the teacher being disrespectful? You young children just don't get it. You will learn.
How is he not?

Blaming people for something they didn't do is not disrespectful? I don't even believe in any religion, but I'm sure that's wrong in almost every one....

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 06:08 PM
  #102
Kyle93
LL4Life
 
Kyle93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
How is he not?

Blaming people for something they didn't do is not disrespectful? I don't even believe in any religion, but I'm sure that's wrong in almost every one....
You could of did something that you were unaware of, or there could be some mistake. Either way you just don't act like that.

Kyle93 is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 06:10 PM
  #103
BertCorbeau
Moderator
Oh Mr Peeenguin...
 
BertCorbeau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post


We played sir

BertCorbeau is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 06:10 PM
  #104
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE
 
Chandrashekhar Limit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waterloo, ON
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 16,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle93 View Post
How is the teacher being disrespectful? You young children just don't get it. You will learn.
Well he told Phion to GTFO without any reason or explanation. That's pretty dumb from the teachers perspective.

I don't think Phion should have let it escalate to where it went though. Both parties guilty here from my perspective.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 06:18 PM
  #105
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome
 
LeafsMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle93 View Post
You could of did something that you were unaware of, or there could be some mistake. Either way you just don't act like that.
Well I would understand if the teacher had a viable reason or at least explained why he was doing that. If a teacher doesn't explain his reasoning, you have to think he doesn't have a good reason.

Honestly, wouldn't you get pissed if your just sitting, minding your own business and someone comes and tells you to gtfo for no reason? First its only natural to wonder why and question it. When your not given a reason, its simply not right and its disrespectful.

LeafsMonster is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 06:19 PM
  #106
BertCorbeau
Moderator
Oh Mr Peeenguin...
 
BertCorbeau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
I love you.

Exactly this... I don't care what position you have in a SECONDARY SCHOOL.
University I get, as it has much more influence on your future. Getting on the bad side of your prof is not the smartest thing to do.

But this guy doesn't even know me! I could care less if he was Obama.
Your prof probably won't even know who you are

Nice standards you have for respect based on people's jobs ... You're in for a treat when you enter the working world in a real job

BertCorbeau is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 06:22 PM
  #107
Kyle93
LL4Life
 
Kyle93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsMonster View Post
Well I would understand if the teacher had a viable reason or at least explained why he was doing that. If a teacher doesn't explain his reasoning, you have to think he doesn't have a good reason.

Honestly, wouldn't you get pissed if your just sitting, minding your own business and someone comes and tells you to gtfo for no reason? First its only natural to wonder why and question it. When your not given a reason, its simply not right and its disrespectful.
I get that, but to want to fight the teacher? As bert said, maybe the teacher had a good reason but it was private so he didn't want to share it right there.

Kyle93 is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 06:24 PM
  #108
Kyle93
LL4Life
 
Kyle93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
Your prof probably won't even know who you are

Nice standards you have for respect based on people's jobs ... You're in for a treat when you enter the working world in a real job
I could see it now: Phion's boss tells him to do something and he doesn't want to do it, boss says just do it and Phions like No **** you! I don't have to listen to you, you need to EARN my respect!

Kyle93 is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 06:24 PM
  #109
Hurt
Global Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
I love you.

Exactly this... I don't care what position you have in a SECONDARY SCHOOL.
University I get, as it has much more influence on your future. Getting on the bad side of your prof is not the smartest thing to do.

But this guy doesn't even know me! I could care less if he was Obama.
Hahaha. This guy.

__________________
Shoot me a PM with your concerns. Also, come visit us in the Science Forum!
Hurt is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 06:26 PM
  #110
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 28,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle93 View Post
You could of did something that you were unaware of, or there could be some mistake. Either way you just don't act like that.
Well if eating lunch while studying for a test is bad then go ahead and kick me out.
If he could at least TELL me what I apparently did wrong then that would help solve the issue. There was no misunderstanding from me. From him, there definitely was
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
Well he told Phion to GTFO without any reason or explanation. That's pretty dumb from the teachers perspective.

I don't think Phion should have let it escalate to where it went though. Both parties guilty here from my perspective.
Just got a text from my friend (the one who the teacher asked to go get the principal), that the teacher told him in class that he's taking 5% off his next test for refusing to get the principal. My friend asked him what I did wrong and he still didn't tell him

This guys a ****ing joke.

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 06:28 PM
  #111
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 28,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle93 View Post
I could see it now: Phion's boss tells him to do something and he doesn't want to do it, boss says just do it and Phions like No **** you! I don't have to listen to you, you need to EARN my respect!
I said on the other page that I'll respect my bosses. As I have in all of my jobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
Hahaha. This guy.
Depends where I go.

The math program that I got accepted to has class sizes of 25-30.
Probably going to accounting/finance, but still

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 06:28 PM
  #112
Borjes Baumingdyk
OurFanbaseIsTheEnemy
 
Borjes Baumingdyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: in turmoil..
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
I love you.

Exactly this... I don't care what position you have in a SECONDARY SCHOOL.
University I get, as it has much more influence on your future. Getting on the bad side of your prof is not the smartest thing to do.

But this guy doesn't even know me! I could care less if he was Obama.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
Your prof probably won't even know who you are

Nice standards you have for respect based on people's jobs ... You're in for a treat when you enter the working world in a real job
Honestly Phion, Secondary school marks(+ whatever they write in your file) get you into Uni, and crappy marks get you into CC. If you really think that your Prof @ Uni gives a crap who you are or if your in class or not...you're in for a rude awakening. As far as your teacher in HS knowing you, he doesn't have to.
It's something about a books cover. Chances are, that he or others have heard your rants and raves (like this one) in between classes or on lunches.So, if this outburst is any indication of what you're capable of then there lies your answer.


Last edited by Hurt: 03-07-2013 at 06:30 PM. Reason: don't filter evade please
Borjes Baumingdyk is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 06:30 PM
  #113
Kyle93
LL4Life
 
Kyle93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
I said on the other page that I'll respect my bosses. As I have in all of my jobs.


Depends where I go.

The math program that I got accepted to has class sizes of 25-30.
Probably going to accounting/finance, but still
have fun, you are going to LOVE accounting. haha na I'm kidding but it does get ****ing boring every day which is why I'm switching programs.

Kyle93 is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 06:31 PM
  #114
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
JMcLeaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ♫d(-_-)b♫
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 17,590
vCash: 50
you know what you're switching to yet kyle?

JMcLeaf is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 06:34 PM
  #115
Kyle93
LL4Life
 
Kyle93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
you know what you're switching to yet kyle?
not entirely sure but I'm doing it this week (Monday at the very latest) Not much time to think about it anyways as it is already March haha

Kyle93 is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 06:35 PM
  #116
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 28,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle93 View Post
have fun, you are going to LOVE accounting. haha na I'm kidding but it does get ****ing boring every day which is why I'm switching programs.
I know it's boring, but all school is
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmythesMinions View Post
Honestly Phion, Secondary school marks(+ whatever they write in your file) get you into Uni, and crappy marks get you into CC. If you really think that your Prof @ Uni gives a crap who you are or if your in class or not...you're in for a rude awakening. As far as your teacher in HS knowing you, he doesn't have to.
It's something about a books cover. Chances are, that he or others have heard your rants and raves (like this one) in between classes or on lunches.So, if this outburst is any indication of what you're capable of then there lies your answer.
I'm already accepted into Uni. Even if I get a 0 in all my courses this semester I'm still in.
I have a 90 average right now. He's never heard of me, I guarantee you that, only time I'm in the office is to sign in/out of school.

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 06:38 PM
  #117
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,370
vCash: 500
All I have to say is.. A teacher is a teacher is a teacher is a prof is a teacher. If you know them or not. End of story.

DirtyDion03 is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 06:38 PM
  #118
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE
 
Chandrashekhar Limit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waterloo, ON
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 16,013
vCash: 500
**** you Kostka. ****ing waste.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 06:40 PM
  #119
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 28,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
All I have to say is.. A teacher is a teacher is a teacher is a prof is a teacher. If you know them or not. End of story.
Funny you say that. A teacher at my school got kicked out for ****** a girl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
**** you Kostka. ****ing waste.
I know

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 06:42 PM
  #120
Borjes Baumingdyk
OurFanbaseIsTheEnemy
 
Borjes Baumingdyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: in turmoil..
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post


I'm already accepted into Uni. Even if I get a 0 in all my courses this semester I'm still in.
I have a 90 average right now. He's never heard of me, I guarantee you that, only time I'm in the office is to sign in/out of school.
Regardless, please learn some form of humility, your life will depend on it. trust me.

Borjes Baumingdyk is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 06:54 PM
  #121
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Funny you say that. A teacher at my school got kicked out for ****** a girl.


I know
So one teacher means you treat every teacher that way? Does everyone treat player agents / coaches like Graham James? No. You're hysterical.

__________________
http://i57.tinypic.com/28b4abo.jpg
DirtyDion03 is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 07:00 PM
  #122
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 28,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
So one teacher means you treat every teacher that way? Does everyone treat player agents / coaches like Graham James? No. You're hysterical.
Lol give me a break. They are a teacher, not a ****ing pope.

Hey, my mailman refuses to deliver me mail, but I should treat him with respect because he's a mailman!

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 07:01 PM
  #123
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE
 
Chandrashekhar Limit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waterloo, ON
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 16,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
So one teacher means you treat every teacher that way? Does everyone treat player agents / coaches like Graham James? No. You're hysterical.
To be fair, you don't know what the teacher he dealt with is like. A teacher who deducts 5% from a student's test due to him not getting the principle is a ****ing idiot.

I have never heard of anything like that before. Not in my HS, nor MS. Respectful teachers don't do that to students, no matter how much of a smartass they are.

And Phion, you need to understand where to fight for yourself, and where to ease off. Getting on a teachers bad side is never a good thing, so try not to get in conflict with them. You'd be surprised at the benefits you can get from being on their good side.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 07:03 PM
  #124
BertCorbeau
Moderator
Oh Mr Peeenguin...
 
BertCorbeau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Lol give me a break. They are a teacher, not a ****ing pope.

Hey, my mailman refuses to deliver me mail, but I should treat him with respect because he's a mailman!
Or you should treat him with respect because he is a person .. Who gives a **** about what they do?

Poor example by the way ... More appropriate would be that the mailman tells you to shovel your sidewalk of snow, you get all *****y about it and he stops delivering your mail

BertCorbeau is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 07:07 PM
  #125
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 28,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
To be fair, you don't know what the teacher he dealt with is like. A teacher who deducts 5% from a student's test due to him not getting the principle is a ****ing idiot.

I have never heard of anything like that before. Not in my HS, nor MS. Respectful teachers don't do that to students, no matter how much of a smartass they are.

And Phion, you need to understand where to fight for yourself, and where to ease off. Getting on a teachers bad side is never a good thing, so try not to get in conflict with them. You'd be surprised at the benefits you can get from being on their good side.
Yup I agree completely. If this was my first semester then I wouldn't of done anything, but since its my last I know I won't have him no matter what.
A lot of teachers really like me, I'll even stay after class to help them stack chairs or clean the room up. It's just when they disrespect me is when I disrespect then back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
Or you should treat him with respect because he is a person .. Who gives a **** about what they do?

Poor example by the way ... More appropriate would be that the mailman tells you to shovel your sidewalk of snow, you get all *****y about it and he stops delivering your mail
In my case the snow was already shovelled then, as I did not do anything.

I wouldn't of snapped if I didn't get wrongfully accused, and even then I didn't snap. I snapped AFTER I asked him at least 5 times what I did wrong and he avoided the answer.

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.