HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Talk PART VI

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2013, 02:19 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
IF (they will be) the Isles are sellers at the deadline, this will be a foregone conclusion, Nelson, Niederreiter and Donovan will probably be called up. Reasoner, Vis, Streit, Nabby and Bailey (one year contract ?) could be gone at the trade deadline.
That certainly looks like the plan. Donovan replaces Visnovsky, Nino replaces Boyes, and Nelson replaces Reasoner.

I think Streit will re-sign, but I wouldn't blame Snow if decides to deal him if some team meets his steep asking price. I wonder who would replace him, does someone like Hickey get his dream shot? It's too bad Strait is injured.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:21 PM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
That certainly looks like the plan. Donovan replaces Visnovsky, Nino replaces Boyes, and Nelson replaces Reasoner.

I think Streit will re-sign, but I wouldn't blame Snow if decides to deal him if some team meets his steep asking price. I wonder who would replace him, does someone like Hickey get his dream shot? It's too bad Strait is injured.
The sad thing is, even if we are in last place in the whole NHL, Snow will be too dumb to trade his assets, even though he will lose them in the offseason for nothing.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:37 PM
steveat

Quote:

I'd actually say Sundstrom replaces Reasoner. I also think...don't laugh...but C. McDonald I can see as getting a 1 year contract..well..maybe that;s me liking the underdog. He is definitely not the best but he brings consistency which our team needs...he won't flash and dance around you with the puck, but he will dig day in and day out. He is the only guy that always finishes his checks. He doesn't look for people to check like Martin, but when he is in that dirty area..he does his job.

I'm not even sure if we would consider C McDonald as a prospect? Technically this is his first real shot at this level in which he played close to 20 games.

Anyway.....I see Sundstrom doing the 4th line centering...possibly even third line.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:37 PM
InformTheMasses

I doubt you'll see any significant call-ups even if Boyes, Reasoner, Streit, Viz dealt away

You'll probably see something along these lines

Moulson-Tavares-Bailey
Grabner-Nielsen-Okposo
Martin-Cizikas-MacDonald
Ullstrom-Aucoin-Boulton
Joensuu

MacDonald-Hamonic
Hickey-Martinek
Finley-Carkner
(Strait inserted into lineup if and when he returns)

Nabby
Poulin.

TO be honest, I really want as few rookies as possible on the team with Capuano as coach. That goes for next year as well, if he is back with the team. Capuano is not the coach to develop young players, rookies spend more time in the press box and stapled to the bench than they do on the ice.

I would rather any significant prospect, be it Strome, Nelson, nino, Donovan, Sundstrom or otherwise play in the AHL and get significant minutes. This 2 or 3 shifts a period and if you make a mistake, get scratched for 2 weeks nonsense has got to stop. But as long as Cappy is here, thats the way it will be for our rookies. No thank you.

And that goes before we start going into the conversation as to whether certian players are 'ready' to make the jump to the NHL.

Speaking as someone who has seen and attended a lot of Bridgeport games, and seen plenty of our other prospects play....As far as NHL 'ready contributors go, the list is a lot shorter than many posters on this board think.

The future is bright, but it's not as 'near' a future as some like to think.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:56 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
I doubt you'll see any significant call-ups even if Boyes, Reasoner, Streit, Viz dealt away

Moulson-Tavares-Bailey
Grabner-Nielsen-Okposo
Martin-Cizikas-MacDonald
Ullstrom-Aucoin-Boulton
Joensuu

MacDonald-Hamonic
Hickey-Martinek
Finley-Carkner

Nabby
Poulin.

TO be honest, I really want as few rookies as possible on the team with Capuano as coach. That goes for next year as well, if he is back with the team. Capuano is not the coach to develop young players, rookies spend more time in the press box and stapled to the bench than they do on the ice.

I would rather any significant prospect, be it Strome, Nelson, nino, Donovan, Sundstrom or otherwise play in the AHL and get significant minutes. This 2 or 3 shifts a period and if you make a mistake, get scratched for 2 weeks nonsense has got to stop. But as long as Cappy is here, thats the way it will be for our rookies. No thank you.

And that goes before we start going into the conversation as to whether certian players are 'ready' to make the jump to the NHL.

Speaking as someone who has seen and attended a lot of Bridgeport games, and seen plenty of our other prospects play....As far as NHL 'ready contributors go, the list is a lot shorter than many posters on this board think.

The future is bright, but it's not as 'near' a future as some like to think.
Cappy will be gone next year. I'm sure of it. I don't think a month or so of playing under Cappy will cripple a kid like Nelson or Sundstrom or whoever gets the call. At the same time that month of playing in a meaningless season could be the difference between a kid dealing with growing pains to start next season or coming out of the gate strong.

Again though, I don't think it's a matter of expecting these kids to turn things around here. But from a developmental standpoint, a month of quality NHL minutes could go a long way in teaching your top prospects a few things:

1) Getting them acclimated to the speed of the NHL.
2) Allowing them to see what area(s) of their game that they need to work on the most, which will then allow them to spend the entire offseason focusing on improving it(them).
3) To a slightly lesser degree, it lets them get acclimated with their future teammates. Maybe not crazy important, but it could be something that helps these kids settle in for 2013-14.

Not to mention, it will give the Islanders an opportunity to evaluate exactly where they are in their development. If a kid like Nelson or Donovan comes up and impresses, it could eliminate a need or two during the offseason, allowing the front office to focus more on other areas.

IMO, the positives far outweigh the negatives. Again, assuming this team is in the basement at that time.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:44 PM
InformTheMasses

Andrei Pedan's PP Goal against Kitchener tonight:

Old
03-05-2013, 11:58 PM
periferal

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
If he'll work cheap, and I mean, below the cap floor cheap, we should hire SDK as the assistant GM.
...but he's not a "yes man."

Old
03-06-2013, 08:26 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
And to add to that, they are both 2 1/2 years post draft. How is that "fast tracking" ?
Well, we shouldn't forget that Nelson was about as young and raw a first rounder as you can take. You don't generally go from high school to NHLer within a 2-3 season span. That may have flown a bit a few rare times back in the 80s, but the physical and mental difference nowadays is, from a sports development standpoint, considerably different than it was some 25 years ago.

Niederreiter was already fast-tracked. Last season was more than enough proof of that, or does anyone disagree with that?

Look, I'm excited about both - especially Nelson - but whether particularly these two see time on the Island at some point this season or not (which is almost likely in Islanderville, especially once the team is out of contention), it isn't generally a clever move to have five or six rookies in the line-up at one time. The Isles already average around four on any given night at the moment. In addition, why, why, why have them here to take on a Reasoner-like role when they can be doing PP, PK and be on the ice for all critical situations down on the farm? These are things we want to see them doing successfully at the NHL level in the not-too-distant future. That has to be practiced and worked into the system.

If the true answer to this question is "because we're tired of seeing the Reasoners and Aucoins of the world", well that's just can't be good enough for taking them out of a situation that's better for their development.

Surprised too that, for a franchise that has an immense recent history of not bringing along a number of talents properly, a number of fans aren't happy leaving two AHL rookies right where they are - in the AHL.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:48 AM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
Well, we shouldn't forget that Nelson was about as young and raw a first rounder as you can take. You don't generally go from high school to NHLer within a 2-3 season span. That may have flown a bit a few rare times back in the 80s, but the physical and mental difference nowadays is, from a sports development standpoint, considerably different than it was some 25 years ago.

Niederreiter was already fast-tracked. Last season was more than enough proof of that, or does anyone disagree with that?

Look, I'm excited about both - especially Nelson - but whether particularly these two see time on the Island at some point this season or not (which is almost likely in Islanderville, especially once the team is out of contention), it isn't generally a clever move to have five or six rookies in the line-up at one time. The Isles already average around four on any given night at the moment. In addition, why, why, why have them here to take on a Reasoner-like role when they can be doing PP, PK and be on the ice for all critical situations down on the farm? These are things we want to see them doing successfully at the NHL level in the not-too-distant future. That has to be practiced and worked into the system.

If the true answer to this question is "because we're tired of seeing the Reasoners and Aucoins of the world", well that's just can't be good enough for taking them out of a situation that's better for their development.

Surprised too that, for a franchise that has an immense recent history of not bringing along a number of talents properly, a number of fans aren't happy leaving two AHL rookies right where they are - in the AHL.
Could not have said it any better myself.

Its always better to err on the side of caution anyway. I often wonder what could have been for so many of our draft picks like Connolly, and Now Bailey and we were going down that road with Nino. Perhaps nothing would have changed and they would be exactly where they are now (or worse), but I suspect that is not the case.

Sorry but as Chapin said in his post the 'well they are better than reasoner or aucoin' response doent fly when moves like that could potentially forever diminish that players nhl production and/or significantly lessen what you can get for a return in a trade for those players.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:09 AM
JPIsles21

Quote:

Best post I've read on here regarding prospects in a long time.

The most frustrating thing about these boards is that most fans flip-flop regarding their philosophies on how to develop prospects constantly. Last year Nino was up all year playing a bottom line role, and everyone was furious about how he should've been sent back to Juniors. This year we let him develop in the AHL, playing key minutes, and we ***** and moan that he (and Nelson) should be up in the NHL playing bottom 6 minutes!

Most fan bases do this. You go on a losing streak, and we demand some kind of change (coaching, bringing up players who aren't ready, bench/trade struggling players) immediately. Very little thought is applied regarding what's best for the long-term plan is.

The only player in the AHL that is likely ready for a call up and have some kind of impact appears to be Donovan. However, since he doesn't provide a significant upgrade over what we already have, there is no crime in letting him play top pairing minutes in the AHL. He is after all, only 22 years of age.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:24 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:

I think you're spot on. Snow's told us he's gonna stick with his rebuild, that he'll add more youngsters on the roster. Snow refused to give PAP the term he wanted.

I think training camp will see De Haan/Donovan/Reinhart battling for 1 spot. At this point, I'd give Donovan the edge. he's on pace to score close to 40 pts in the AHL, after scoring 40 pts last season and his development is ahead of De Haan/Reinhart.

I think Nelson and Nino's development, is ahead of Strome and Kabanov's.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:58 PM
duster19

Quote:

In the case of calling up Nelson, it really is a no brainer. Reasoner is poison. We cant continue to play him. He is a liability everytime he is on the ice. You are much better off using that roster spot to move guys in and out of the lineup. Call up Nelson, let him have Reasoners role. Give him an opportunity on the 2nd PP and 2nd PK. He might flourish and earn extra time. He might be out of place, and then you send him back down. Just becaue you call someone up doesnt mean he is entrenched in the lineup. The exposure of Nelson to the NHL, IMO, is far greater then the risk of ruining him by fast tracking him. I would love to see Nelson skating with Ullstrom and Grabner. Lets at least use this hole in out lineup for some kind of gain.

Ruining someone because you fast tracked them is a valid concern. But to be afraid to call people up because of it is ridiculous. Not to mention that the whole fast tracking argument is next to impossible to prove. Bailey and Nino could very well be in the same spot or worse if they played 3 years in the AHL...

Last edited by duster19: 03-06-2013 at 02:01 PM. Reason: mistake
Old
03-06-2013, 04:36 PM
JPIsles21

Quote:
Originally Posted by duster19 View Post
Ruining someone because you fast tracked them is a valid concern. But to be afraid to call people up because of it is ridiculous. Not to mention that the whole fast tracking argument is next to impossible to prove. Bailey and Nino could very well be in the same spot or worse if they played 3 years in the AHL...
You are correct by saying that there is no way to prove that fast tracking ruins prospects. However, a safe way to make sure that it doesn't happen is by ensuring that the player you foresee in a certain role succeeds at that role at a lesser level.

Bottom line is we want Nino and Brock to be top 6 forwards. They need to show they can be that at the AHL level. Cizikas and Ullstrom have shown that they can be bottom 6 forwards (which is what the Isles see in them), and they are both currently in that role with the Isles.

The biggest issue young players have is consistency. At such a young age it is difficult to commit to your craft with a professional work ethic and approach. Part of developing anybody in a professional setting (not just sports) is promoting them based on achievement and consistency. Consistency can't be measured in half an AHL season, which is what both Nino and Brock have under their belts thus far. In fact, Nino's production dipped quite a bit over the last 20 games or so.

With that being said, Reasoner is awful. I would prefer another veteran in his stead, but not in the form of Nelson quite yet. Let him play out the AHL season, and if the Isles are out of it come trade deadline or later, then see what the kids have to offer.

Until then, it's time our prospects start feeling a little hunger for the NHL. They haven't earned it quite yet.

Old
03-06-2013, 06:55 PM
leaponover

I've got mixed emotions about Nelson. He seems to be one of those guys that just LEARNS! He gets to the next level and there's a learning curve he goes through and he just gets it. He figures out what he needs to do and starts to thrive. It's hard to think that will change. Thinking about that makes me want to call him up and start the learning ASAP.

On the other hand how much is the jump from the AHL to the NHL? Is he physically ready? I'm just not sure. I think I will not be upset with either decision they make on him (calling him up or keeping him in the Bridge)

Old
03-06-2013, 09:23 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

I can't see Nelson coming up yet. It is probably Strome and Nino, and based on the reports from the guys watching both that may not even happen.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:33 PM
smheilbron

i dont think strome can come up this year

Old
03-06-2013, 10:04 PM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Originally Posted by smheilbron View Post
i dont think strome can come up this year
I think he can get his 6 (I think the prorated try-out was) games at the end of the season after his OHL season is ended.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:24 AM
petrocelli
I love the Draft!!

[QUOTE=InformTheMasses;61022489]I doubt you'll see any significant call-ups even if Boyes, Reasoner, Streit, Viz dealt away

Moulson-Tavares-Bailey
Grabner-Nielsen-Okposo
Martin-Cizikas-MacDonald
Ullstrom-Aucoin-Boulton
Joensuu

MacDonald-Hamonic
Hickey-Martinek
Finley-Carkner

Nabby
Poulin.

The future is bright, but it's not as 'near' a future as some like to think.[/QUOA

And the bolded part really is a shame. If Garth is really going to continue to build through the draft and promote prospects without any huge deals or FA signings, then this team will be chock full of rookies or just young in general for the foreseeable future... With the right coach, rookies or just a young team in general doesn't have to be a recipe for another lottery pick. Do Marty Reasoner and Keith Aucoin make us better than Brock Nelson and Nino Niederreiter just because they are older?? Realistically, Strome, Nino, Nelson, Donovan and even Anders Lee will all be ready to challenge for a spot next year, and none of these guys will have been considered 'rushed', by next training camp. All will be at least 2 to 4 years removed from their draft years. This is hardly rushed, especially when 2 of the 5 were top-5 overall picks, two others are physically huge players that dominated top level NCAA teams and Donovan played two years of college hockey along with two years in the AHL since being drafted... So none of these guys were rushed, and if they all happen to legitimately ready and make the team next year, then so be it.. I wouldn't hold any of them back just to stagger them, as if that will make us any better.. Heck, if these kids are ready, all the more reason to be excited as an Islanders fan as opposed to watching holdover players such as Reasoner.. Anders Lee is the same age as Tavares, Donovan was drafted the same year as Hamonic. Nino and Strome were top-5 overall picks and will be 2 and 3 full years removed from their drafts respectively by training camp, if they are ready, then so be it......... Sprinkle in a few veterans, and young vets (such as Tavares, Grabner, Bailey, Moulson), and give these kids a shot if they are ready... Heck, these kids were drafted very high for a reason, and they have a size/skill package we haven't seen around here in ages..... Everyone seems so scared of playing too many rookies, but in limited time this year UNHERALDED rookies such as Cizikas, Hickey and Strait have been some of our best players........ All I'm saying is that playing a certain amount of rookies doesn't have to mean a losing season, especially when the alternative is the type of "D" level veterans the Islanders bring in.. Nino, Nelson, Lee, Donovan and Strome all make the team if they earn the spot and most importantly, put them in a position to succeed. Don't put Nino on the 4th line with no PP time and then ask, why isn't Nino scoring... Put the kids in a position to succeed!

If the goal is three lines that can score, here's my 2013/2014 Isles:

Moulson Tavares Nino or B.Nelson

A. Lee Strome Bailey or Okposo (preferably Bailey)

Grabner Neilsen or Martin
Nelson
Ullstrom Cizikas or McDonald or J. Sundstrom
Sundstrom

*** This team is bigger, more skilled and dynamic than any other Isles team in God knows how long..... We have about 8 guys that can legitimately play center or wing. With this lineup, there is no room for both Bailey and Okposo. I think the best of Bailey is yet to come and I've seen some really good things from him this year. I'd like to see Okposo go..... Nielsen doesn't have the offense to be our second line center, nor does he have the size/physicality to be our 3rd line center. Cizikas has shown he can fill the 3rd/4th line center role with some offense and much more physicality than Nielsen...... Our 3rd/4th line centers of the future are Cizikas, Nelson, Sundstrom, Lee and even Ullstrom if need be... Luckily, all these guys can play wing as well, but Nielsen is hanging on by a thread... Maybe keep Nielson around for one more year while Nelson, Strome, Sundstom and Cizikas mature..... if any of them flop, perhaps Nielsen stays, but I really don't see it.

I like that lineup alot, regardless of age.....

The defensive core is a little further away from being ready... Reinhart, Mayfield, Pedan, Pokka, Pelech and Russo, etc need 1-3 more years, but their long term projections are equally impressive... will be one heck of a blue line in a few years.... But for next year, pretty ugly without Lubo..... How about:

Hamonic Streit or Lubo (whichever of the 2 signs.. more likely to be Streit)

Strait Donovan

MacDonald Carkner

Hickey Finley

***** If we add anyone outside of the pipeline either at the deadline or in the off-season, I think it will be a legitimate top-4 D-man...

So the forward prospects start rolling in next year, unfortunately the defensive prospects need another 2-3 years.. ugh!! .. But when they come... look out!!

Old
03-07-2013, 08:23 AM
InformTheMasses

Well since this is a prospect thread I will try and avoid getting into current nhl players and future rosters too much, but I must preface my comments by stating the following....

Currently next season we have locked roster spots to the following: Tavares, Moulson, Nielsen, Grabner, Bailey, Okposo, Martin, Cizikas. Also C.McDonald and D.Ullstrom are making their cases. This doesn't leave a lot of roster spots open and not much ice time either. I believe the team will give okposo another season before deciding to cut bait with him, if that's in the cards, Bailey as well. So look for them to get plenty of ice next season so decisikns and/or potential shoppong can be done. It would help greatly to have a new coaching staff in place next season as well. One that will be far better at integrating the youth into the line-up. I saw the method nino, ullstrom and even cizikas have been handled by capuano and it reeks of incompetence/ insecurity.

It is my desire to see our impact prospects get promoted to the nhl once they have proven they're ready AND have quality minutes available to them. I need both conditions met. Nothing is more frustrating for me than watching players perform so well in juniors and ahl and then play 8min a night and no special teams when instead they can continue to develop and log tons of ice time in all situations in the ahl.

It's not about what's best for the player, its about capuano going half way and not being confident in his job security and giving these kids a chance at quality ice time even when its earned.

Here is my timeline for some of the bigger prospects.

Donovan should make the isles out of camp next season.
Lee if he signs should make the isles out of camp next season
Strome I would give 40 games in bridgeport to an entire season based on how he plays and how dominant he is down there.
Nelson, Nino, Sundstrom all could use another full season in Bridgeport but if their play gets more consistent and jumps to the next level at some point next season they get promoted at the appropriate time.

De Haan gets a full season to show he can stay healthy, people write him off but if he can do that next season he been becomes a HUGE bonus.

Nilsson gets another year to get a #1 role in ahl and get his health in order.

Reinhart goes to juniors one more time to play in all situations. Work on O and skating.

Everyone else is multiple years away (unless kichton comes to the ahl and dominates for am entire season)

Just my opinion but i have seen all of these kids play a lot.

Old
03-07-2013, 08:28 AM
kuwo

Hey guys, is it possible for Adam Pelech to sign ATO with the Sound Tigers after his season is done (5 games remaining)? I originally thought that 18 or 19 years old players from CHL, that are ineligible to play there (in AHL) next year, can not play in AHL, but for example Dylan McIlrath signed ATO with Whale two years ago and he was 18...

Old
03-07-2013, 01:20 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
Well since this is a prospect thread I will try and avoid getting into current nhl players and future rosters too much, but I must preface my comments by stating the following....

Currently next season we have locked roster spots to the following: Tavares, Moulson, Nielsen, Grabner, Bailey, Okposo, Martin, Cizikas. Also C.McDonald and D.Ullstrom are making their cases. This doesn't leave a lot of roster spots open and not much ice time either. I believe the team will give okposo another season before deciding to cut bait with him, if that's in the cards, Bailey as well. So look for them to get plenty of ice next season so decisikns and/or potential shoppong can be done. It would help greatly to have a new coaching staff in place next season as well. One that will be far better at integrating the youth into the line-up. I saw the method nino, ullstrom and even cizikas have been handled by capuano and it reeks of incompetence/ insecurity.

It is my desire to see our impact prospects get promoted to the nhl once they have proven they're ready AND have quality minutes available to them. I need both conditions met. Nothing is more frustrating for me than watching players perform so well in juniors and ahl and then play 8min a night and no special teams when instead they can continue to develop and log tons of ice time in all situations in the ahl.

It's not about what's best for the player, its about capuano going half way and not being confident in his job security and giving these kids a chance at quality ice time even when its earned.

Here is my timeline for some of the bigger prospects.

Donovan should make the isles out of camp next season.
Lee if he signs should make the isles out of camp next season
Strome I would give 40 games in bridgeport to an entire season based on how he plays and how dominant he is down there.
Nelson, Nino, Sundstrom all could use another full season in Bridgeport but if their play gets more consistent and jumps to the next level at some point next season they get promoted at the appropriate time.

De Haan gets a full season to show he can stay healthy, people write him off but if he can do that next season he been becomes a HUGE bonus.

Nilsson gets another year to get a #1 role in ahl and get his health in order.

Reinhart goes to juniors one more time to play in all situations. Work on O and skating.

Everyone else is multiple years away (unless kichton comes to the ahl and dominates for am entire season)

Just my opinion but i have seen all of these kids play a lot.
I agree with the first part, but as far as the second part goes, this team has nothing but quality minutes available. IMO the only guys who have cemented themselves in the top-6(as far as guys under contract next year) are Moulson and Tavares. I wouldn't even call Okposo, Nielsen or Bailey locks for the top-6.

Honestly, anywhere in the top-9 could be considered "quality minutes". Look at the time guys like Martin-Cizikas-McDonald get. IMO linemates would be more of an issue than actual TOI if you are sticking a prospect on the 3rd line.

Old
03-07-2013, 05:17 PM
petrocelli
I love the Draft!!

Definitely not giving up on De Haan. It's quite the opposite. I'm hoping he develops his man muscles over the course of his time out this year and during a full, healthy year in Bridgeport next year.. If he gets a bit stronger, stays healthy and plays a good first half of season with Bridgeport next year, he certainly could be in an Islanders uniform before the end of 2013/2014... A healthy and developing De Haan would be a pleasant addition and help bridge the gap until the next wave of defenders arrive..

Old
03-07-2013, 06:35 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
I can't see Nelson coming up yet. It is probably Strome and Nino, and based on the reports from the guys watching both that may not even happen.
Of the three, Nelson/Strome/Nino, I'd think Nelson would be the most likely to be called up this season. He's defensively responsible, good on the pk and has the size for the NHL, which Strome lacks.

Old
03-08-2013, 10:03 AM
duster19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Of the three, Nelson/Strome/Nino, I'd think Nelson would be the most likely to be called up this season. He's defensively responsible, good on the pk and has the size for the NHL, which Strome lacks.
I dont see Strome being called up this year at all. He is playing in JR...big jump mid season. He may see a couple games late if we are out of it or have injuries, but I think it is more likely he goes to BP. Nelson, IMO, is the one that will get called up. Nino is starting to struggle in the AHL....

Old
03-08-2013, 10:12 AM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I agree with this....

Closed Thread