HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

Phoenix LXXII: Send in the Clowns

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2013, 09:47 PM
CasualFan
Tortious Beadicus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyg View Post
I'd love to see that eventually, not because it suggests I was right () but because I'm interested in that stuff!
I still need to get source data. I guess this is off topic and outdated but it's new to me and pretty interesting.

In 2002, the CA requested that GFSE produce financial reports for management and operation of the Arena. The CA is a pubic entity, and it was requested that the reports be produced under FOIA.

GFSE refused. They claimed the data was confidential under trade secret exemption. GFSE instead attempted to satisfy the request by producing a short report but it failed to include most arena expenses information and didn't have a Surplus(Deficit) row. GFSE continued to assert that if the full financials were released, it would put them at a competitive disadvantage.

The News & Observer newspaper ended up suing and the parties (incl CA) agreed to settle. By that time the records had been withheld for three years. The settlement also operated prospectively and provided for an annual financial report including breakdown of expenses and revenues. The financial reports current exist for 2002-2011

Articles indicate that GFSE showed loss between $2.2MM-$4.75MM annually. The fixed costs were reported as $1.8MM in administration and accounting plus $2.9MM on utilities and facility costs. GFSE generally offset their event services and expenses with their event revenues. GFSE gets some parking and a skim of concessions and merch.

Old
03-07-2013, 07:33 AM
Llama19

vCash: 1100
The other shoe drops...Glendale city manager is likely to resign

To quote:

"Glendale acting City Manager Horatio Skeete is expected to resign his position as the city’s top administrator following a performance review conducted by the City Council during an executive session Tuesday."

What will that do to any talks with potential owners?

Source:

http://www.azcentral.com/community/g...nclick_check=1

Old
03-07-2013, 09:19 AM
CasualFan
Tortious Beadicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama19 View Post
Glendale city manager is likely to resign

Source: http://www.azcentral.com/community/g...nclick_check=1
I hope they dont center the picture. I think it's perfect the way it is.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:40 PM
Major4Boarding
Global Moderator
Private Equity

I know that it's pretty much taboo to give any credence to the BPAC but, I find it interesting that the gears are starting to grind and the rhetoric/chatter increasing...

I know for myself it was but, CF, Thomas L, Barney, and aquib... this is um, quite interesting

quite interesting

Old
03-07-2013, 03:02 PM
CasualFan
Tortious Beadicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major4Boarding View Post
I know that it's pretty much taboo to give any credence to the BPAC but, I find it interesting that the gears are starting to grind and the rhetoric/chatter increasing...

I know for myself it was but, CF, Thomas L, Barney, and aquib... this is um, quite interesting

quite interesting
The formatting was strange on my phone, like two or three words per line, so I couldn't really read it. Anyway, I'm sure it was brilliant and completely consistent with the treatment of Coyotes economic projections.

Old
03-07-2013, 06:15 PM
OthmarAmmann
Money making machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasualFan View Post
The formatting was strange on my phone, like two or three words per line, so I couldn't really read it. Anyway, I'm sure it was brilliant and completely consistent with the treatment of Coyotes economic projections.
No, even better

Old
03-07-2013, 07:18 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas L View Post
No, even better
In case anyone has doubts about who is actually responsible for the content of the online musings of Joyce Clark, follow this link to a trial post on "joyceclarkunfiltered".

http://joyceclarkunfiltered.com/post-1/

Quote:
post 1

Posted on March 7, 2013 by gfallar
new post goes here
That gun is still smokin', Beavis.

Old
03-07-2013, 08:09 PM
aqib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major4Boarding View Post

quite interesting
what I found interesting is that the ad at the bottom of the page was for moving companies offering quotes to move to Canada.

I know when the Browns hold camp it brings a lot of people to Berea (the suburb of Cleveland where camp is), who subsequently eat in nearby restaurants and drink at bars. Not sure how much that amounts to through.

Old
03-07-2013, 08:35 PM
CasualFan
Tortious Beadicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas L View Post
No, even better
I see it now via Whileee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqib View Post
what I found interesting is that the ad at the bottom of the page was for moving companies offering quotes to move to Canada.
You must have exceptional web browser security to not get targeted ads based on your history. Maybe you've been using search terms like "move" and "Canada" lately?

Old
03-07-2013, 08:44 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
In case anyone has doubts about who is actually responsible for the content of the online musings of Joyce Clark, follow this link to a trial post on "joyceclarkunfiltered".
Oh I can assure you Whileee, yours truly checked it out thoroughly while I was "checked out" here on hf for, well, just general bad behaviour as is my wont from time-time. Late in receiving the full blood transfusion along with Keef Richards & George Hamilton the IVth at a private clinic in Switzerland... but I digress... and yes, looked into that blog. Absolutely thats Joyce Clark posting contrary to whatever anyone might believe. And a very interesting individual she be. Needless ta say had some fun times, still do axually. Jerry Weiers, Guvn'r Brewer & Crash McCain.... you'll have to excuse me for a tic, I do believe theres a Swat Team knocking on the door with a battering ram. Be right back, or not.

Old
03-07-2013, 08:58 PM
aqib

Quote:

You must have exceptional web browser security to not get targeted ads based on your history. Maybe you've been using search terms like "move" and "Canada" lately?
yes I did a few days ago when I was making a sarcastic comment about the Coyotes not using Mayflower because Mayflower was boycotted after helping the Colts move so they would have to use a Canadian company and I needed the name of a Canadian moving company. It was just funny that when reading Clark's blog that was the ad. But you had to kill the joke

Old
03-07-2013, 10:43 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
Oh I can assure you Whileee, yours truly checked it out thoroughly while I was "checked out" here on hf for, well, just general bad behaviour as is my wont from time-time. Late in receiving the full blood transfusion along with Keef Richards & George Hamilton the IVth at a private clinic in Switzerland... but I digress... and yes, looked into that blog. Absolutely thats Joyce Clark posting contrary to whatever anyone might believe. And a very interesting individual she be. Needless ta say had some fun times, still do axually. Jerry Weiers, Guvn'r Brewer & Crash McCain.... you'll have to excuse me for a tic, I do believe theres a Swat Team knocking on the door with a battering ram. Be right back, or not.
That "ghost post" on "joyceclarkunfiltered" by one "gfallar" has been quickly removed from the blog. Good thing I copied and pasted it directly into my post, eh?

I can't think of any good reason why Joyce Clark would have posted a test post and said that it was posted by "gfallar", can you?

It's just a quirky issue in this whole saga, but I must say that my skepticism about CF's assertion of gfallar's active engagement on Joyce Clark's interweb contributions has diminished considerably.

Old
03-07-2013, 11:18 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Entry draft is June 30th, right? SCFs probably wrap up second week of June? I very much doubt the Coyotes will be a part of those finals, or even the conference finals, for that matter. I suspect we will be bounced around the quarter finals. Mid May? Like two months from now-ish?

Will we know by June first if the NHL is willing to withstand another lame-duck season in Glendale?

Old
03-07-2013, 11:57 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Gentlemen........

It appears to me you're all trying to put too much into connections between Mr. Fallar and Mrs. Clark.

They each have their own blogs and the contents are exclusively their own.

Mr. Faller is probably offering technical assistance to Mrs. Clark in how her site looks and runs (and yeah.... I hate the current formatting too ) but other than the occasional links between them as points of reference.... that's it.

That... and you spend more time slagging the two of them in various ways.... than actually discussing and/or disputing what they say.

I'm not saying they're right..... I'm not saying they're wrong. Just making a layman's observation.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:03 AM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
It's just a quirky issue in this whole saga, but I must say that my skepticism about CF's assertion of gfallar's active engagement on Joyce Clark's interweb contributions has diminished considerably.
Fallar's influence, his ability to frame matters is entirely extraneous, contemporaneous. He's just someone with an opinion not afraid to voice it & does so on her blog, she in turn accepting almost any pro or con article written by whomever. To suggest that he's somehow running his agenda up the flagpole, ghosting the site is utter claptrap... and thats a fact. Clark is just plain "quirky" enough as it is without having to resort to that sorry state... sorry Whileee, but that whole theory & suggestion is as disingenuous as it gets. Saw the posts here on hf, know where people are coming from, not worth even rebutting. Im not about to defend the indefensible beyond stating that at least she's got the guts to seriously put it out there, right or wrong, and not hiding behind an alias in doing so. Take issue with her if so inclined. No rickrolls, no nothin. She will respond & do so objectively provided whomever shows some respect on a public forum. If not? See ya.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:04 AM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:
That "ghost post" on "joyceclarkunfiltered" by one "gfallar" has been quickly removed from the blog. Good thing I copied and pasted it directly into my post, eh?

I can't think of any good reason why Joyce Clark would have posted a test post and said that it was posted by "gfallar", can you?

As I just indicated above Whileee.... I'm sure George is giving Joyce some technical help with her blog but the content is all hers.

Now if I can just figure out why I keep getting ads for "search arrest records." there...... (other than maybe Killion and I have the most comments on the site and his reputation has made it's way towards me.... ).

Old
03-08-2013, 12:15 AM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
...... other than maybe Killion and I have the most comments on the site and his reputation has made it's way towards me....
... figured she could use some financial help, what with being
semi-unemployed. Hooked her up with GoogleAds. Problem?.

Old
03-08-2013, 10:14 AM
Tommy Hawk

I find her musing amusing. She who believed the yotes bringing 500k of people a year had an impact of 25m a year or more mocking anyone else that presents something as having an impact to the area.

Old
03-08-2013, 08:36 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Hawk View Post
I find her musing amusing. She who believed the yotes bringing 500k of people a year had an impact of 25m a year or more mocking anyone else that presents something as having an impact to the area.
Remember the Hulsizer deal?? She was the lone vote against it. Even though she felt the Yotes were important to the arena and Westgate.

Give the lady a little credit.

Old
03-08-2013, 10:16 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Maybe Garys' hoping to one day have his name inscribed on
the Stanley Cup. Vanity project, however long it takes it takes.

Old
03-09-2013, 01:20 AM
azaloum90

What is the issue with Hulsiezer? I really don't know anything about his purchase attempt

Old
03-09-2013, 06:39 AM
Fourier

Quote:
The other shoe drops...Glendale city manager is likely to resign

To quote:

"Glendale acting City Manager Horatio Skeete is expected to resign his position as the city’s top administrator following a performance review conducted by the City Council during an executive session Tuesday."

What will that do to any talks with potential owners?

Source:

http://www.azcentral.com/community/g...nclick_check=1
Possibly delay them for two weeks? Just a guess...

Old
03-09-2013, 09:39 AM
Major4Boarding
Global Moderator
Private Equity

The Economic Impact Study, by Northern AZ Univ and referenced earlier, of the AZ Cardinals Training Camp

http://www.franke.nau.edu/RPI/projec..._12-8-2010.pdf

Old
03-09-2013, 09:55 AM
Llama19

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
Remember the Hulsizer deal?? She was the lone vote against it. Even though she felt the Yotes were important to the arena and Westgate.

Give the lady a little credit.
She was one of two votes...

"After a marathon meeting that stretched late into Tuesday night, the Glendale City Council approved a $197 million deal to keep the financially struggling Phoenix Coyotes at the city's arena.

The vote was 5-2, with council members Phil Lieberman and Joyce Clark opposed, citing concerns about the city's finances and a proposed lease termination clause.The council chambers were packed with 300 fans, residents and media. Many fans wore team jerseys and carried signs in support. Residents in opposition made a smaller group."

Source:

http://www.azcentral.com/community/g...otes-vote.html

And, these are possible potential owner's...

Source: http://www.azcentral.com/community/g...-interest.html

Old
03-09-2013, 01:05 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
And, these are possible potential owner's... http://www.azcentral.com/community/g...-interest.html
.... subsequently denied by Hulsizer (that articles from February 11th) so who knows for sure whats going on besides the NHL, Weiers, Skeete & possibly Sherwood who seems to know a lot more than he's letting on? Just no idea. If true the Citys willing to lower term, from 20 to 12yrs or even less, Im sure that'll spur interest, a return to the scene from the usual suspects of Le Blanc & Hulsizer, possibly Reinsdorf-Kaites, maybe Jamison if he's still even got a pulse. The silence is deafening.

Closed Thread