HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bollig sent back to Rockford (Recalled)

Old
03-07-2013, 03:24 PM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

vCash: 50
Crap.

Atomic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 03:51 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Bollig is back.

Colour me with disappointment that it's not one of Smith, Hayes, or Morin.
why him with sharp out? they should have given a better player a chance.

this just makes me mad

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 03:57 PM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

We need skill to replace him. not knuckles.

Old
03-07-2013, 03:57 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Meh...not the worst thing in the world. Let's not act like Bollig is replacing Sharp. Carcillo replaces Sharp in the top 6, and Bollig will replace Carcillo on the 4th.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 04:01 PM
TwistedWrister90

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Meh...not the worst thing in the world. Let's not act like Bollig is replacing Sharp. Carcillo replaces Sharp in the top 6, and Bollig will replace Carcillo on the 4th.
Yeah that's still a solid lineup. Some people just hate having Carcillo in the top 6. Understandable, but it could be a lot worse. Carcillo has some pretty decent skill for being a borderline enforcer.

TwistedWrister90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 04:03 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Had hopes we see Smith or Jayes back. Or even Morin. Would be a great chance to showcase them for a potential trade

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 04:13 PM
Redbirdgrad

I think they key here is that it's Kaner's line we're trying to replace, so you need guys you can count on to be in the right spot. Can't just throw in a Morin on the fly and expect him to realize Kane's going to drop a pass like he likes to do and all of a sudden it's a 2 on 1 the other way because a rookie's out of position. With as productively wild as Kaner is, you need solid 2 way guys who know NHL positioning and can back check when the puck goes the other way.

Best player available isn't always the best player for the hole in the lineup.

Redbirdgrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 04:30 PM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbirdgrad View Post
I think they key here is that it's Kaner's line we're trying to replace, so you need guys you can count on to be in the right spot. Can't just throw in a Morin on the fly and expect him to realize Kane's going to drop a pass like he likes to do and all of a sudden it's a 2 on 1 the other way because a rookie's out of position. With as productively wild as Kaner is, you need solid 2 way guys who know NHL positioning and can back check when the puck goes the other way.

Best player available isn't always the best player for the hole in the lineup.
You do realize Q is changing lines in the middle of the game. That can happen to anyone on the team. And Kane turns it over at the blue line relentlessly and having Sharp and Bollie there hasn't stopped the odd man breaks against that line. I understand your point but by your logic we need more Johnsons/Mayers that backcheck yet have limited ability to score....on the 2nd line.

Old
03-07-2013, 06:45 PM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Bollig is nothing more then a #13 forward

Offers nothing but fists. He was an improvement over John Scott and that is about it
Barely an improvement over Scott.

That said, at least with Scott NO ONE challenged any of our stars, Bollig doesn't care that clout. Plus I enjoyed watching Scott beat the crap out of the occasional fool who challenged him!

RFIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 07:43 PM
cherrypik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Had hopes we see Smith or Jayes back. Or even Morin. Would be a great chance to showcase them for a potential trade
Yeah same here. It's unfortunate that Sharp got hurt but Morin or Smith should be able to slide in pretty good. I thought Smith had good chemistry with Hossa.

cherrypik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 07:51 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Seriously, Bolig over the guys on farm?

Doesn't utilize Kane and we have a ton of guys with nearly 20 goals in Rockford. Should be Morin or Hayes.

Last edited by coldsteelonice84: 03-07-2013 at 07:54 PM. Reason: On my phone, please fix his name.
coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 07:51 PM
clydesdale line

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
I'm still hoping Stalberg gets plenty of chances up there too. I don't blame Q for not wanting to break up the third line, but it seems Stalberg does very well with other guys as well (ES or PP) than the Bickell/Shaw bromanse..er.. chemistry.

clydesdale line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 07:54 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me either, but then again I'm not the GM of a team that hasn't lost a game in regulation through half a season.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 07:56 PM
coldsteelonice84

Yeah, even the Yankees have injuries and call guys up. At least put Bickell there.

Old
03-07-2013, 08:00 PM
moose vasko

I would have thought Morin. I think Jimmy is something of a project (e.g. being played at center) and will have more time to develop, but Morin is a shooter and it's time to find out about him.

moose vasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Callidusblackhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFIP View Post
Barely an improvement over Scott.

That said, at least with Scott NO ONE challenged any of our stars, Bollig doesn't care that clout. Plus I enjoyed watching Scott beat the crap out of the occasional fool who challenged him!
Scott didn't do much to deter guys from running our star players... He only fought people that were actually willing to go with him so the guys that ran our stars really didn't have to worry about him. Yeah it was fun to watch him destroy the other goons that were crazy enough to fight him but his fights were pretty much always of the side-show variety.

Callidusblackhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose vasko View Post
I would have thought Morin. I think Jimmy is something of a project (e.g. being played at center) and will have more time to develop, but Morin is a shooter and it's time to find out about him.
He would have been my choice too, but I suppose we won't find out until September.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 08:12 PM
moose vasko

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTP View Post
He would have been my choice too, but I suppose we won't find out until September.
Maybe it's Bollig in case there are fireworks over the elbow on Shaw. That's all I can think of.

moose vasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 08:26 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Like I said in the other thread, this isn't a big deal at all. There are 2 capable top 6 LWs in Saad and Carcillo on the roster, so Bollig is just taking Carbomb's spot on the 4th.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 08:33 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Carcillo really isn't a top-6 winger. Would much rather give Morin a chance with Kane.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 08:40 PM
Hawkaholic

Im confused at what you mean by doesn't utilize Kane, do you mean to get a guy to replace Sharp, or Q doesn't utilize Kane properly? I think it's the former, but not 100%.

Last edited by Hawkaholic: 03-07-2013 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Stupid playbook cant type
Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:21 PM
Redbirdgrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
You do realize Q is changing lines in the middle of the game. That can happen to anyone on the team. And Kane turns it over at the blue line relentlessly and having Sharp and Bollie there hasn't stopped the odd man breaks against that line. I understand your point but by your logic we need more Johnsons/Mayers that backcheck yet have limited ability to score....on the 2nd line.
I also do realize that when Q changes lines in the middle of a game, those new lines consist of players who have practiced together multiple times... chemistry can't be taught in one setting.

My point and my logic are concurrent, but thanks for your input.

Redbirdgrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:27 PM
coldsteelonice84

That he needs a shooter with him and Morin is that guy. I really like that kid and think he is ready for the next step.

Old
03-07-2013, 10:55 PM
LarmerSavardSecord

The Hawks have already locked up the division and the #2 seed worst case, so I think it would be a good time to fold in a more skilled player from Rockford instead of knuckles. But if it means Carcillo goes to the top line for a while as Q seems to like, maybe we see Saad on the 2nd line. That line really needs a power player. At some point I would really like to see what a Sharp-Toews-Hossa, Saad-Bolland-Kane top-6 could do.

LarmerSavardSecord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:27 PM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

I agree. It is not too much to fit a skill player in a skill line regardless of practicing together. Saad did just fine on the first line. I believe in a slow and steady influx of young talent when possible. And we are plenty far ahead to do that right now.