HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ottawa Looking to Add Muscle

Old
03-07-2013, 08:11 PM
derriko

vCash: 4116
I would slightly overpay for Dorsett. He is sorta like Neil, he can play a regular shift and actually contribute.

Bruiser - maybe your dream can come true if we get Labrie. Maybe a viable option, though I see he was brought up by Tampa recently.

Though if theres any truth to the notion we want muscle…its going to be a heavy weight. We have Cowen, Neil, Methot, Smith, Dizzy, Greening, etc that can all handle the guys up to 6'3" 210ish, but the 6'5" 240 pound guys are really out of our league except Neil because hes such an intelligent fighter. THAT'S what we need. A 4th line heavyweight that can play 10 minutes a night.

derriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 08:13 PM
Sens Mile

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipassana View Post
I recommend that they invest in some protein shakes.
We tried, Turris cannot keep them down and they give Regin throat infections

Sens Mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 08:15 PM
The Fuhr*

5th for Kyle Beach and call it a day

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 08:18 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
I would slightly overpay for Dorsett. He is sorta like Neil, he can play a regular shift and actually contribute.

Bruiser - maybe your dream can come true if we get Labrie. Maybe a viable option, though I see he was brought up by Tampa recently.

Though if theres any truth to the notion we want muscle…its going to be a heavy weight. We have Cowen, Neil, Methot, Smith, Dizzy, Greening, etc that can all handle the guys up to 6'3" 210ish, but the 6'5" 240 pound guys are really out of our league except Neil because hes such an intelligent fighter. THAT'S what we need. A 4th line heavyweight that can play 10 minutes a night.
If we are going the enforcer route, I would much rather target Yablonski or Gillies over Labrie.

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 08:27 PM
Sens Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Below View Post
Eff that, I'd rather pay a premium for someone we can add to this team as a piece long term than give up a 5th (in a draft where we are missing two picks)

Sens Mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 08:41 PM
Jaromir Jagrbombs

I'd think that Murray would be looking to improve our top 6 and defense over adding "muscle", and considering he has yet to do anything that addresses the former, I don't really see anything coming from this unless it is a waiver pickup.

Jaromir Jagrbombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 08:47 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Mentioned during tonight's TOR-BOS intermission is that after last night's concussioning of Dziurzynski, Ottawa is now looking to add some muscle.

And Darren Dreger confirmed it will NOT be Georges Laraque (Whom, it should be mentioned, is attempting a comeback for next season.
Brown for Bishop . The Oilers get a young goalie to push DD and Ottawa gets a tough player .

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:11 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
Brown for Bishop . The Oilers get a young goalie to push DD and Ottawa gets a tough player .
Heh, nice one.

Edmonton just traded a cond. 4th for Brown. Ottawa is not trading Bishop for a 4th.

Emerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:15 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRB86 View Post
You want Abdelkader
Yes, actually.

Can we get the "he's having a bad year" discount and reap the rewards when he returns to form?

Because that would be swell.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:19 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagrbombs View Post
I'd think that Murray would be looking to improve our top 6 and defense over adding "muscle", and considering he has yet to do anything that addresses the former, I don't really see anything coming from this unless it is a waiver pickup.
He has already tried to improve the offense. Murray has stated that he has called around looking for a good top six forward but that no one is willing to trade a proven guy for a prospect playing in the AHL. He also said he doesn't want to part with the top prospects so there isn't much of a trade to be made.

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:35 PM
Jag68Sid87

Bylsma doesn't want enforcers on his fourth line.

Perhaps you guys would have more use for Steve MacIntyre.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:37 PM
sensfan3131

this is what murray should do but wont happen they should go and get a rental backup goalie make lehner number for now till anderson get back and then make ben bishop a dman i know sound crazy but there looking for a big body that can push around i think he whould be great for the team on defense with his long stick whould be great for the power play and penalty kills but bishop probably want to stay in net....

sensfan3131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:39 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Yes, actually.

Can we get the "he's having a bad year" discount and reap the rewards when he returns to form?

Because that would be swell.
He scored tonight so too bad for that idea!

I dont see how Sens fans are upset at Murray going for a little muscle here. They dont need Neil going after the Orrs of the league and you wont have to trade much for that. Matt Kassian wouldnt be bad

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:16 AM
The Latvian
#rooster #classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
He scored tonight so too bad for that idea!

I dont see how Sens fans are upset at Murray going for a little muscle here. They dont need Neil going after the Orrs of the league and you wont have to trade much for that. Matt Kassian wouldnt be bad
It really depends what kind of muscle he is going after. I really don't want a guy that will play 5 minutes a night, that's not what the team needs. And we don't need a guy to take a spot from O'Brien or Daugavins as they are quality guys who deserve to play and are important PKers.

The Latvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:28 AM
BobbyShehan

I know there's no way to replace a guy like Dzziurzzzwkphrovktopravoazysnki but why not go get an Abduhlamantdadermaderfurermanaker?

BobbyShehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 05:34 AM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan3131 View Post
this is what murray should do but wont happen they should go and get a rental backup goalie make lehner number for now till anderson get back and then make ben bishop a dman i know sound crazy but there looking for a big body that can push around i think he whould be great for the team on defense with his long stick whould be great for the power play and penalty kills but bishop probably want to stay in net....
That's a great idea.

03-08-2013, 06:15 AM
Vitto79

Stu Bickel

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:52 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Below View Post
I'd give a fourth from the Leafs for Beach so we could plug him into the lineup vs the Bruins and watch him get pummeled by Lucic again.That would be Beach's only game played.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:14 AM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
I'd give a fourth from the Leafs for Beach so we could plug him into the lineup vs the Bruins and watch him get pummeled by Lucic again.That would be Beach's only game played.
Dude has a big frame... he agitates and is pretty physical... has a wicked shot.

He plays in Rockfords bottom six but he has 12ES goals and that is as much or more then other hawk prospects at ES such as Hayes (12), Pirri (11), Morin (10), Smith (10)

Beach is going to be an NHL player... basically missed a year of development last year... By the time he is in his mid 20's he will have found a bottom six role on a team in the NHL and his wicked shot gives him untapped offensive potential and could rise up the lines.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:23 AM
Dick Whitman

I'm not sure why Ottawa needs more muscle because Dzryasiofhjski got his face smashed in. It's not like McLaren was out there running people before the fight.

This team feels like a detroit-style team (Without the top end talent). Fast, gritty, don't really fight to be tough. They're battlers and as much as I like and respect teams like Philly and Boston who play that extremely physical type of game, I also like and respect how the Sens have done it so far this season.

Stay the course!

Also, Clutterbuck if he's available...My guess is that there'd be pretty significant interest from 28 other teams as well.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:41 AM
God Says No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Not many free agent enforcers, he has a history with the organization and is an exciting player.
lol, this guy has no place in the game.

if (big if) we make a move, it would be for someone who can actually skate and play. gillies and yablonski are not it. i'm thinking along the lines of clutterbuck, but those are expensive pieces to get.

God Says No is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:44 AM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Dorsett is out for the year, broken collarbone.

Abdelkader would probably cost Ottawa something decent.

Not that I agree with that statement, but mgt just signed him to a 4-year deal and likely isn't a player they plan on dealing.

Most Wings' fans would be game, but KH probably wouldn't.

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:48 AM
Dick Whitman

We should probably just trade for Frazer McLaren. Problem solved.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:05 AM
JJTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Whitman View Post
We should probably just trade for Frazer McLaren. Problem solved.
gl with that, leafs will not trade him after they traded Brown

JJTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:07 AM
2CHAINZ
@EverythingPawg

vCash: 177
By we need muscle does not mean we need someone to play 4 mins a night, think BM is more interested in someone to crash and bang, create space and help prevent our kids from getting run all game. With Karlsson we have a lot more puck possession which helped us not get stuck in our zone getting run. Without him this has become a glaring weakness very noticeable because we don't have King K swooping in stealing the puck 30 mins a night.

2CHAINZ is offline   Reply With Quote