HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers Lose 3-0. Watching Paint dry

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2013, 09:11 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunderbore View Post
i'd like Oilers to part ways with Devan Dubnyk.
you just can't have enough confidence to recover every game from your supposed-to-be-starter letting in a goal when the puck moves like someone farted it rather than shooting it with stick.
Can't win if you don't score.

Can't score if you don't shoot.

Can't shoot if you never have the puck.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:12 PM
Critically Acclaimed

vCash: 500
The Oilers are the easiest team to play against.

No physicality whatsoever.

Old
OILFAN #81

I don't know how anyone can be positive about the future even a little. We friggin suck. We can't even score for god's sake, our forwards are terrible. Our defense sucks, goaltending has been great for most of the year but even that has tailed off. Our kids are doing nothing especially RNH. Management needs to be fired and 90% of the team needs to be dealt or let go. We are absolutely terrible at everything. Is the rebuild going to happen for another 20 years?

Old
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Can't win if you don't score.

Can't score if you don't shoot.

Can't shoot if you never have the puck.
Yep, boils down to this.
Dubnyk needs to have that first softy, but the Oilers need to get him some "run support" if you will.

Old
jalbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critically Acclaimed View Post
The Oilers are the easiest team to play against.

No physicality whatsoever.
The phrase "taking candy from a baby" comes into mind..

Old
03-07-2013, 09:13 PM
dixs35

vCash: 250
This is worse than watching the Death March after the Smyth deal. I thought that Tambo would survive the year, but my guess that Tambo wouldn't survive the road trip is starting to look more and more like a reality.

If Hemsky is hurt long term there goes trading him for anything of value.

Old
Comrade Blunderbore
Генерал Файлюра

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
I am one of the few positive people around here, which is unusual. I have stopped looking at the win and lose stats--I look more at corsi, time on ice, shift patters and other things
we seem to suck in all departments including time on ice stats. i prefer to find positive in my own pipe dreams about how this team is going to start crashing and burning starting next period, game, home series, season.

Old
Copperhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
All that I know is that Paajarvi had better not be the guy getting dealt to fill holes on this team. He's got size, speed, strength, and he's been playing hard. Hopefully Hemsky is ok so that we can deal him to fill some of our roster holes. Unless all of our top players are hurt this is inexcusable.
Is there any news on his injury? I didn't catch much of the game really so all I know is he left.

Old
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

Old
03-07-2013, 09:14 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Nothing to say.

This is a team accustomed to losing and the veteran players have nothing to show the kids.

It's clear they have been told its an evaluation year and they have nothing to play for - other than maybe guys like MPS, Harti and Eager.

I hope Dubnyk has given up as well, because this looks more like classic DD, whereas the first 10 games he looked legit.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:14 PM
metallicat
@metallicat51

Are we still in third in the power rankings?

LMAO

Old
03-07-2013, 09:15 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilCity View Post
2 points up from last in the league, 1 point up from last in the western conference. w.t.f I have no words.
At this point **** it, may as well aim for the record of 4 consecutive 1st overalls. Hall needs to sit until he's healthy again, he looks like a shadow of his healthy self. Blow it up, Smyth needs to be dealt, I don't give a flying fiddlers **** if he signed here and demanded a trade here (looks to be beneficial for him only at this point) he got an extra year even though we didn't want to give it to him, if he wants that extra year he can play it somewhere else. Whitney, Hemsky (if he's still in one piece), Petrell, N. Schultz, Belanger, whatever, move 'em out and fill our roster with guys that are worth a **** or guys that have something to prove (guys that are left over after the FA frenzy is mostly done). Couldn't be any worse than this ****. May as well add some new amateur scouts and pro scouts too, preferably from teams that have done well in their drafting and player acquisitions.

03-07-2013, 09:15 PM
EchoesoftheEighties
Binary Planets

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
Are we still in third in the power rankings?

LMAO
They probably forgot the 0. 30 is much more plausible

Old
03-07-2013, 09:16 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixs35 View Post
This is worse than watching the Death March after the Smyth deal. I thought that Tambo would survive the year, but my guess that Tambo wouldn't survive the road trip is starting to look more and more like a reality.

If Hemsky is hurt long term there goes trading him for anything of value.
Keep telling yourself that, man.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:16 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post
Is there any news on his injury? I didn't catch much of the game really so all I know is he left.
I didn't hear anything from the Sportsnet broadcast.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:17 PM
MettleOiler

is it time to wear paper bags again? probably shouldn't of took them off in the first place.

Old
YEGman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixs35 View Post
This is worse than watching the Death March after the Smyth deal....
This is still part of the same Death March

Old
xlnc66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
At this point **** it, may as well aim for the record of 4 consecutive 1st overalls. Hall needs to sit until he's healthy again, he looks like a shadow of his healthy self. Blow it up, Smyth needs to be dealt, I don't give a flying fiddlers **** if he signed here and demanded a trade here (looks to be beneficial for him only at this point) he got an extra year even though we didn't want to give it to him, if he wants that extra year he can play it somewhere else. Whitney, Hemsky (if he's still in one piece), Petrell, N. Schultz, Belanger, whatever, move 'em out and fill our roster with guys that are worth a **** or guys that have something to prove (guys that are left over after the FA frenzy is mostly done). Couldn't be any worse than this ****. May as well add some new amateur scouts and pro scouts too, preferably from teams that have done well in their drafting and player acquisitions.
That's just downright embarrassing. I could care less about going for the top pick again this year. I'm embarrassed to admit i'm an Oiler fan these days. All the top picks in the world will not help this team. Management needs to be blown up, and until Katz gets that through his pea brain, this team will continue to linger near 30th and be the laughing stock of the entire NHL.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:18 PM
longtimeoilfan

vCash: 118
Some people on this board - and Oiler coaching - could take a lesson from the Red Wings. Abdelkader, playing on the 2nd line of the Wings, scored his first goal in 37 games... yet he is still on their second line. The Wings organization it seems understands the meaning of role player. Abdelkader plays a role beyond scoring goals.

Not everyone on the top six needs to be a ppg player - or even potentially a ppg player. Some simply need to muck and grind and play with a physical edge.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Wheatking

At what point are we allowed to start acting like the sky is falling without being mocked? We've got to be getting close.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:19 PM
sawchuk1971

Old
03-07-2013, 09:19 PM
CupofOil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVJbX2sb2WY

Old
03-07-2013, 09:20 PM
Yablo21

This is not on Dubie, cant blame the goalie when you score NO goals.
1st Goal - handcuffed on screened shot
2nd Goal - open man, perfect shot, no chance

Old
03-07-2013, 09:20 PM
Comrade Blunderbore
Генерал Файлюра

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Yep, boils down to this.
Dubnyk needs to have that first softy, but the Oilers need to get him some "run support" if you will.
Oilers were looking OK in the first, then Dubnyk power crapped a king size bed early in the second. you just have to think it has an effect on both teams. NO WEAK GOALS EVERY GAME, that's what a starter has to provide. even a pretty mediocre 'tender like Jimmy Howard figured it out during his record breaking preparation period. he still lets in a stinker every now&then but generally is able to hold his own. Dubnyk hasn't showed willingness to get rid of this unpleasant habit yet, and i'd like to give him chance to turn around the corner elsewhere. i'd like to hand a chance to Niko Hovinen right now, he came from across the pond a year ago with a similar record to the messianic Victor Fasth and has something to prove.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlnc66 View Post
That's just downright embarrassing. I could care less about going for the top pick again this year. I'm embarrassed to admit i'm an Oiler fan these days. All the top picks in the world will not help this team. Management needs to be blown up, and until Katz gets that through his pea brain, this team will continue to linger near 30th and be the laughing stock of the entire NHL.
Regardless of who the GM of this team is the team won't be "fixed" by the end of the season. IF a new GM comes in may as well give him a top 3 pick to do with as he pleases on top of the rest of the garbage that he inherits. Jones or a big center or MacKinnon would really help our team no matter how you slice it, that said we still need lots of work done outside of the draft too, but it never hurts to get a high pick when you are rebuilding a team.

Closed Thread