HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Oilers Lose 3-0. Watching Paint dry

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Critically Acclaimed

vCash: 500
The one positive I have fir the game... My 2 year old son loves goal horns so I had fun cheering with him on the 2 goals and the end of the game.

Old
xlnc66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yablo21 View Post
This is not on Dubie, cant blame the goalie when you score NO goals.
1st Goal - handcuffed on screened shot
2nd Goal - open man, perfect shot, no chance
First goal was a weak one. Even though the team didn't score, Dubnyk is letting in 1 crap goal per game, and #1 goalies in the NHL don't do that. He's like Edmonton's version of Dan Cloutier.

Old
flashyflash
Ryan Smyth is BATMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yablo21 View Post
This is not on Dubie, cant blame the goalie when you score NO goals.
1st Goal - handcuffed on screened shot
2nd Goal - open man, perfect shot, no chance
He wasn't screened he saw the shot, he just isn't a great goalie.

Although this is not saying he was the reason they lost

Old
03-07-2013, 09:22 PM
Gone
Fire KLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
Are we still in third in the power rankings?

LMAO
Ranked 31 currently.

Old
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
This can't continue. Seriously, at some point this team needs a culture change that isn't adding another top prospect.

It's either during the season or in the summer.

How the **** are we putting up these ****** performances 4 years in.

What a bunch of scrubs.

MetaOil1993

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
At this point **** it, may as well aim for the record of 4 consecutive 1st overalls. Hall needs to sit until he's healthy again, he looks like a shadow of his healthy self. Blow it up, Smyth needs to be dealt, I don't give a flying fiddlers **** if he signed here and demanded a trade here (looks to be beneficial for him only at this point) he got an extra year even though we didn't want to give it to him, if he wants that extra year he can play it somewhere else. Whitney, Hemsky (if he's still in one piece), Petrell, N. Schultz, Belanger, whatever, move 'em out and fill our roster with guys that are worth a **** or guys that have something to prove (guys that are left over after the FA frenzy is mostly done). Couldn't be any worse than this ****. May as well add some new amateur scouts and pro scouts too, preferably from teams that have done well in their drafting and player acquisitions.
This^^^ All those players you listed need to go, Add Potter too.

Smyth was easily the worst player tonight IMO. He's slower than molasses, Can't handle the puck, Doesn't stand in front of the net anymore, Can't shoot and take a pass, He's done. The only thing he can still do okay is PK. Smytty stop embarrasing yourself on the ice and retire please.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:23 PM
Bum
Ontario Oiler fan

Barry Trotz before tomorrow night's game..."We're playing this Edmonton team, so we have to"........

Old
03-07-2013, 09:24 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

What's the word on the main board tonight? Are all of the opposition fans mocking us? Because I don't have any defenses anymore... there are none.

Old
Vagabond

Send a message via MSN to Vagabond
Quote:
"He's been x-rayed, it's not broken it's bruised so we're probably dealing with a day-to-day situation." - Krueger on Hemsky's status.
That's decent news. Shouldn't effect his trade value!

Old
McRib
2nd Rate Fan

All this talk from Kruger and the Oilers about anger, and bottling it up and using it against Nashville tells me that they're going to end up sitting in the box most the game and allowing 3 PP goals.

This team is no good. Kids are too young to rely on regularly and the vets are garbage. That's on Tambellini.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:25 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunderbore View Post
we seem to suck in all departments including time on ice stats. i prefer to find positive in my own pipe dreams about how this team is going to start crashing and burning starting next period, game, home series, season.
I like the fact that the kids are play a lot more time this year then last year and are playing tough minutes. Long term this is good, short term pain= long term gain

Old
YEGman

Krueger trying to spin dross into gold....

Old
The Pouzar

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlnc66 View Post
That's just downright embarrassing. I could care less about going for the top pick again this year. I'm embarrassed to admit i'm an Oiler fan these days. All the top picks in the world will not help this team. Management needs to be blown up, and until Katz gets that through his pea brain, this team will continue to linger near 30th and be the laughing stock of the entire NHL.
Maybe he'll sell the team a la C.Wang since it doesn't look like an arena is getting built anytime soon.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:27 PM
AK Dandyman

We're actually doing okay up until Dubnyk gave up that weak goal. The team was deflated after the goal which was a sign of an inexperienced young team as well as the lack in on ice leadership.

Detroit smelled blood and buzzed around and got the second goal, and we just didn't have any grit or strength to sustain any offensive zone pressure for the rest of the game. All our attacks were from the perimeters.

Any good balanced team have top 6 forwards that can take out or take the opposing dman with them, hence, creating room in the middle and good scoring chance. Unfortunately, our forwards are the ones that always got taken out by opposing d.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:28 PM
Frank the Tank
The Oiler Tankers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
What's the word on the main board tonight? Are all of the opposition fans mocking us? Because I don't have any defenses anymore... there are none.
When I peaked my head in there the mods were shutting down "Oilers suck" threads pretty fast. I think they even feel bad for us.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:28 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaOil1993 View Post
This^^^ All those players you listed need to go, Add Potter too.

Smyth was easily the worst player tonight IMO. He's slower than molasses, Can't handle the puck, Doesn't stand in front of the net anymore, Can't shoot and take a pass, He's done. The only thing he can still do okay is PK. Smytty stop embarrasing yourself on the ice and retire please.
Potter had a nice keep-in late in the game to his credit. That said holy hell does this team ever need to be revamped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
That's decent news. Shouldn't effect his trade value!
Let's hope not, hopefully the scare will FINALLY facilitate a Hemsky trade where we get players that will give us more diversified skill sets. We see how good a player like Paajarvi looks out there because he brings things that only Hall can replicate on this team when he's healthy.

03-07-2013, 09:29 PM
Comrade Blunderbore
Генерал Файлюра

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
I like the fact that the kids are play a lot more time this year then last year and are playing tough minutes. Long term this is good, short term pain= long term gain
this is a good point. it is inevitable that they pull their crap together, just how soon will it be?
also maybe such a poor season makes RNH take a small cut on his extension demands.

Old
Hemskyfanboy83

So I was thinking about the trades Tambelleni has made since he has been here and I think he has only made 3 significant ones

1) Visnovsky for Whitney
2) Penner for Teubert and Klefbom
3) Gilbert for Schultz

We have lost every major trade he has made. Some might argue the Penner one, but Penner was a good player here and we have missed him.

Roster moves need to happen but I don't want Tambelleni screwing us any further. We should just tank this season and hire a competent GM to make the necessary changes.

Old
belair

Reporter: "Taylor, for the fourth straight game your team has failed to maintain possession in the offensive zone, leading to fewer scoring chances and hampering your team's ability to create offense. What can your team do to counter these issues and help improve offense as a whole?"

Taylor Hall: < stares blankly > .......... < clears throat > ........ < clacks tongue on cheek > .....

Reporter: "Jordan, this season your team consistantly gives up scoring opprtunities to opposing defenseman pinching in your zone by taking advantage of weak coverage in the slot. Why do your forwards constantly fail to pick up these pinches?"

Jordan Eberle: < stares blankly > ........... < clears throat > ........."Uhhhhhh...I like to dance"

Old
03-07-2013, 09:30 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Potter had a nice keep-in late in the game to his credit. That said holy hell does this team ever need to be revamped.
It's depressing that keeping the puck in is a memorable play.

I think we need to put the kid line back together. They weren't scoring but they were creating chances. That's significantly better than what we got going now. Was there even a single REAL scoring chance tonight? If it wasn't for Mason being so pathetic we would have been shutout in 2 straight games.

Old
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
When I peaked my head in there the mods were shutting down "Oilers suck" threads pretty fast. I think they even feel bad for us.
It's like being the ugliest and dumbest kid in school while also having a funny sounding name ie. Dick Trickle all rolled into one I'd recommend steering clear of other boards right now, we don't need to hear that we suck after watching this road trip, we'd have to be blind not to see that.

Old
EchoesoftheEighties
Binary Planets

At the start of the season I was hoping for a playoff push. In Jim Mora's opinion, they threw the game.

Old
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
Maybe the threads were started by Oilers fans because the moderators on this site never had a problem with those types of Oilers threads in the past.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:31 PM
bdayz15

The fall has begun.. Hello Nathan Mackinnon #firetambo

Old
03-07-2013, 09:32 PM
oilsteelers

don't know if i'm embarassed about the product on the ice or on myself for watching this garbage. Man it's getting hard to get up for hockey games

Closed Thread