Old
03-07-2013, 09:27 PM
kovatroll*
David Clarkson ✘👎

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disclose View Post
hmm... where does this leave Ziggler?
Ild be disappointed if he doesnt cash-in at WM.
as much as i like Del Rio.
Just because the feud continues, doesn't mean the belt is involved, Del Rio defends against Swagger at Mania, Ziggler cashes in right after and wins title. Del Rio has rematch at Raw/Smackdown, Swagger causes distraction allowing Ziggler to retain.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Dean Ambrose
I AM A MERCENARY

vCash: 133
There's A LOT of speculation that John Cena may be turning heel stemming from the promo with The Rock on Raw, most notably, the Lance Armstrong line. The Rock said John Cena is just like Lance Armstrong, who ended up betraying the fans and cheating to win in the end.

There's also a lot of speculation stemming from the way Cena reacted, whether all apart of a set up or not, to certain lines, especially The Rock's last line where he said he'll beat John Cena again (or something like that).

I know Cena likely won't turn heel without a replacement #1 face, but if WWE has enough faith in Sheamus, Ryback, and most importantly (possibly), Alberto Del Rio with the ever growing Hispanic market, WWE could very well pull the trigger on a John Cena heel turn. I saw a lot of potential hints at it in the promo on Monday, especially where he said he'd do "anything" to win. The early build is setting up for a big swerve at Wrestlemania, but we'll see as the build progresses, I guess.

I never thought I was a bad person. I just thought I was the one good person living in a world of bad people.
Old
03-07-2013, 10:02 PM
Snipeshow

A big heel Cena swerve would be awesome. Huge shock for sure.

Old
03-07-2013, 10:03 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disclose View Post
hmm... where does this leave Ziggler?
Ild be disappointed if he doesnt cash-in at WM.
as much as i like Del Rio.
I agree, Del Rio's face turn has been GREAT for him.

I think that a Del Rio/Ziggler program would be great, throw in the WHC and it would be even better.

Thought I'd been in love before, but in my heart I wanted more. Seems like all I really was doing was waiting for you - John Lennon/The Beatles
Old
03-07-2013, 10:32 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
There's A LOT of speculation that John Cena may be turning heel stemming from the promo with The Rock on Raw, most notably, the Lance Armstrong line. The Rock said John Cena is just like Lance Armstrong, who ended up betraying the fans and cheating to win in the end.

There's also a lot of speculation stemming from the way Cena reacted, whether all apart of a set up or not, to certain lines, especially The Rock's last line where he said he'll beat John Cena again (or something like that).

I know Cena likely won't turn heel without a replacement #1 face, but if WWE has enough faith in Sheamus, Ryback, and most importantly (possibly), Alberto Del Rio with the ever growing Hispanic market, WWE could very well pull the trigger on a John Cena heel turn. I saw a lot of potential hints at it in the promo on Monday, especially where he said he'd do "anything" to win. The early build is setting up for a big swerve at Wrestlemania, but we'll see as the build progresses, I guess.
He does give off that vibe that Steve Austin gave prior to their Wrestle Mania where he joined up with Vince. This is the only way without Punk to make this match worth watching and it would be about damn time.

Old
03-07-2013, 10:37 PM
17futurecap

Quote:
It would appear that the wrestler known as El Generico will be going forward without his popular character in WWE as he competed sans mask at tonight's NXT event. In his debut match last month for the organization, he sported the mask and attire.

The renowned grappler competed under his real name, Rami Sebai.

Read more: http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/...#ixzz2Mv5rFVQx
This disappoints me.

Old
03-07-2013, 10:44 PM
Megahab

I don't know who El Generico is but I am surprised they let him use his real name.

Old
03-07-2013, 11:16 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahab View Post
I don't know who El Generico is but I am surprised they let him use his real name.
I saw a video if his top moves here but don't much else about him. Rami Sebai is a pretty cool name, sounds like a wrestling character's name. Easier to put a mass on him if that doesn't work or if he needs a gimmick change.

Old
03-08-2013, 02:20 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahab View Post
I am too, somewhat. I guess if he goes elsewhere in the future, he'd just go back to El Generico, but if he did make it somewhat big as Rami Sebai, he could jump over to something like TNA and keep cashing in off that. I imagine the former happens though, so probably not much of a risk with WWE. Still also a good chance he's repackaged with a new name once he were to make it to the big leagues, which eliminates any risk.

Old
03-08-2013, 07:29 AM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
I feel like they've teased a Cena heel turn every year between November and April for the last 100 years, and it never happens. It usually ends up with him doing the typical Cena thing, which is why when he lost clean to the Rock doing the typical Cena thing it was so effing satisfying.

This Wrestlemania is either going to be super predictable and thus super average, or they'll toss in some big moments like Dolph cashing in and having a WHC ladder match later in the night, and Cena turning heel to beat the Rock. MetLife Stadium is the perfect place for both.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:13 AM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
With Rock being there for Extreme Rules, it's so much harder to predict the outcome to Rock-Cena II. Rock wins clean again, Cena turns Heel and goes insane. OR Cena wins dirty somehow... SO MANY POSSIBILITIES! Don't disappoint me WWE.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:21 AM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniSens View Post
With Rock being there for Extreme Rules, it's so much harder to predict the outcome to Rock-Cena II. Rock wins clean again, Cena turns Heel and goes insane. OR Cena wins dirty somehow... SO MANY POSSIBILITIES! Don't disappoint me WWE.
You should know better than that...

Old
03-08-2013, 11:50 AM
Dean Ambrose
I AM A MERCENARY

John Cena's coming out with the championship, Rock will simply use his rematch at Extreme Rules. Now, it's all HOW Cena wins. Does he cheat and do "anything" to win, or is it a clean win and we're stuck in the same position...

Old
03-08-2013, 11:57 AM
UnrealMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
CD - That's similar to what HBK did the first time around. It was very enjoyable to watch. That was one of the best builds for a Taker match.

Looks like I'm in for a treat in Pittsburgh. I'll get to see Taker's entrance again, which is always amazing.
Wow, thanks for the heads up. I completely missed this.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:01 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
You should know better than that...
Now now, there's a first for everything!

Old
03-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Dean Ambrose
I AM A MERCENARY

Quote:
- CM Punk, Paul Heyman, Randy Orton, Sheamus and Big Show in the opening segment opened to a 3.7 quarter. Very good opening.

- Ryback vs. Antonio Cesaro lost 427,000 viewers.

- Mark Henry vs. Zack Ryder gained 142,000 viewers.

- The Miz vs. Dolph Ziggler stayed even.

- The Rock and John Cena's segment gained 855,000 viewers at 9 PM to a 4.1 quarter. Star segment of the evening, largest quarter. Proves there is a lot of interest in Rock-Cena II.

- Jack Swagger vs. Jim Duggan, with Dusty Rhodes and Sgt. Slaughter lost 712,000 viewers.

- Team Hell No vs. The Prime Time Players and Brodus Clay and Tensai vs. Drew McIntyre and Heath Slater, which featured a Honky Tonk Man appearance lost 142,000 viewers.

- Fandango's ring entrance and segment lost 284,000 viewers.

- Triple H's in-ring challenge to Brock Lesnar gained 427,000 viewers to a 3.6 quarter at 10 PM.

- Wade Barrett vs. Alberto Del Rio and the Jack Swagger/Zeb Colter video lost 427,000 viewers.

- Mae Young birthday celebration lost 142,000 viewers and was the lowest rated segment of the show.

- CM Punk vs. Sheamus vs. Randy Orton vs. Big Show gained 570,000 viewers for a 3.7 overrun number.
Clearly, the only draws on the roster are: Brock Lesnar, The Rock, John Cena, CM Punk, Triple H and The Undertaker and only two of them are full time. Three hour Raws post-Wrestlemania will be dreadful.

The Swagger/Colter stuff obviously isn't bringing in any viewers.

John Cena and The Rock's viewership numbers prove Cena-Rock II has a ton of interest, whether we like it or not.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:04 PM
Dean Ambrose
I AM A MERCENARY

The work from John Cena (facial expression wise) is great here, especially 5:20-5:40. It's that last expression when The Rock says "again" that makes it look like something is up. Maybe it's just Cena REALLY SELLING the promo, or maybe there's small hints "I'll do anything to beat The Rock" to his facial expressions. This buildup will be interesting.

Old
03-08-2013, 02:39 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 118
Quote:
Clearly, the only draws on the roster are: Brock Lesnar, The Rock, John Cena, CM Punk, Triple H and The Undertaker and only two of them are full time. Three hour Raws post-Wrestlemania will be dreadful.

The Swagger/Colter stuff obviously isn't bringing in any viewers.

John Cena and The Rock's viewership numbers prove Cena-Rock II has a ton of interest, whether we like it or not.
Some of these match ups were awful. We've seen Ryback vs Cesaro a million times before and no one wants to see Swagger beat up old men.

Swagger vs. Cesaro would be an interesting angle with their gimmicks and would have excellent ring work.

Old
03-08-2013, 02:43 PM
KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
This disappoints me.
He's a lot prettier than I expected.

Old
03-08-2013, 04:53 PM
SomeDude

Quote:
John Cena's coming out with the championship, Rock will simply use his rematch at Extreme Rules. Now, it's all HOW Cena wins. Does he cheat and do "anything" to win, or is it a clean win and we're stuck in the same position...
I thought about that when the match was finalized. My thought was that after beating the Rock clean, Cena would go for a post-match handshake and then attack him and turn that way, but a win via cheating somehow makes a lot more sense, especially after that promo. A Cena heel turn is about the only thing that will make this match not terrible for me.

Ziggler cashing in and then feuding with Del Rio would also be good and would make for some fantastic matches. Then, as others have mentioned, have Swagger go after the US Title with Cesaro. Would set up some quality feuds for post-mania.

Old
03-08-2013, 05:13 PM
KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Quote:
Rock beats Cena, drops the title to Lesnar at Extreme Rules.

Old
03-08-2013, 05:38 PM
Dean Ambrose
I AM A MERCENARY

lol Rock-Lesnar at Extreme Rules....

Old
03-08-2013, 05:46 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

haha! No way Lesnar-Rock at Extreme Rules! Then again, this is WWE.

Old
03-08-2013, 05:52 PM
KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Quote:
haha! No way Lesnar-Rock at Extreme Rules! Then again, this is WWE.
Who would have expected Cena/Lesnar last year.

Old
03-08-2013, 05:54 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselBuiltMyHotrod View Post
Who would have expected Cena/Lesnar last year.
Different buildup now though.

Closed Thread