HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers Lose 3-0. Watching Paint dry

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2013, 09:32 PM
OntOilFan

vCash: 500
Brain dead hockey.

Old
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

They really didn't generate much, at all. It still would have been nice to see a PP though, especially for something as blatant as Z's two trips. Maybe it would have woke them up, who knows.

Old
T-Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASD1983 View Post
don't know if i'm embarassed about the product on the ice or on myself for watching this garbage. Man it's getting hard to get up for hockey games
I just sat there with a blank look on my face the entire game. I don't even care about my own team anymore.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:33 PM
Wheatking

Can we please get #FireTambo trending?

Old
03-07-2013, 09:34 PM
cyril*

At least Petry blocked two shots.

#positivespin

Old
JJTopper
Registered Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Potter had a nice keep-in late in the game to his credit. That said holy hell does this team ever need to be revamped.
What's really annoying is if you watched Oil Change, Lowe/Tambo seemed almost happy/proud they didn't do anything to improve the team over the Summer. Didn't feel they "had" to.

If we can accomplish anything this season (it sure won't be winning games), I hope it's getting rid of those clowns. *sigh*

Old
MetaOil1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Potter had a nice keep-in late in the game to his credit. That said holy hell does this team ever need to be revamped.

Let's hope not, hopefully the scare will FINALLY facilitate a Hemsky trade where we get players that will give us more diversified skill sets. We see how good a player like Paajarvi looks out there because he brings things that only Hall can replicate on this team when he's healthy.
Yeah but he seems to make 1 good play then make 10 bone head plays. , Agree we need a revamp and soon.

Eberle, Hall, RNH and even Schultz seem gassed. Hall looks injured still, He isn't himself the last 2 games. These guys need a rest IMO.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:35 PM
GreatMcKeith
Grand Dad?!

vCash: 50
Don't play Smyth anymore. Just bench him for the rest of the season. The most useless hockey player since JF Jacques. I want Petrell in next game and him out.

Old
GoAwayDanCleary
DRW Country Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtimeoilfan View Post
Some people on this board - and Oiler coaching - could take a lesson from the Red Wings. Abdelkader, playing on the 2nd line of the Wings, scored his first goal in 37 games... yet he is still on their second line. The Wings organization it seems understands the meaning of role player. Abdelkader plays a role beyond scoring goals.

Not everyone on the top six needs to be a ppg player - or even potentially a ppg player. Some simply need to muck and grind and play with a physical edge.
Well Gator is usually playing on the fourth line if not for injuries. And Cleary too.

For us Z tends to play with the smaller skilled players (Filppula, Hudler, Brunner) while Datsyuk enjoys to play with the bigger more physical players (Franzen, Bertuzzi).

The only reason guys like Abdelkader and Cleary are working in the top-six is because Datsyuk can single handedly carry the line. Bertuzzi and Franzen have much more skill so they don't depend on Datsyuk as much, though they still do a lot. Having role players playing alongside your stars works, but they still have to be able to produce (unlike Abby and Cleary).

It seems like Paajarvi is a good player, why not something like Paajarvi - RNH/Gagner - Eberle/Hemsky/Yakupov? Seems like he'd bring a lot to that line. And whatever happened to Hartikainen? He'd probably work if he has some recent scoring touch.

Old
#ualberta

The oilers are not being coached properly…

I'm not even going to reach for the fire Krueger thread I'm not even mad not even ****ing mad

Old
nullterm

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bum View Post
Somewhere in his beautiful mansion, Katz just shrugged his shoulders, turned off the tv and cuddled up with a wad of cash.
We'll still watch and buy jerseys when this joke of a team is in 30th. He knows he owns the golden goose and doesn't have to do anything to make it better. We suckers will keep watching this miserable product and keep buying tickets.

As long as we keep paying, who cares if we are depressed.

Actually, then he sells more drugs!

Old
03-07-2013, 09:36 PM
Njoy Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
All this talk from Kruger and the Oilers about anger, and bottling it up and using it against Nashville tells me that they're going to end up sitting in the box most the game and allowing 3 PP goals.

This team is no good. Kids are too young to rely on regularly and the vets are garbage. That's on Tambellini.
Preds in a bit of a slump as well. Oilers showing up just in time!

Old
03-07-2013, 09:36 PM
McFuhryous

Im kind of a movie nerd and this is how I visualize Kreuger drawing up plays in his head or in his office. It's the only explanation I can come up with. Different sport, but the you get the point.

At least Mike Brown has fists of fury.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:37 PM
GreatMcKeith
Grand Dad?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
Can we please get #FireTambo trending?
I'm going to get #BenchSmyth and #TradeSmyth and #WaiveSmyth trending.

Old
Bum
Ontario Oiler fan

Junior players are going to start purposely lowering their draft stock just so they won't have to play for the Oilers.

Old
nexttothemoon
darkness.myoldfriend

Another overall weak effort.

Not much to look forward to at this point.

Gotta be equal parts stupid and optimistic at this point to keep watching these games.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:38 PM
BadMedicine*

Not a bad job of adjusting the system overall by ralph but he shoots himself and the team in the foot by starting out with MPS-Gagner-Yakupov and then busting up the best line out there for us. No excuses , none this time Ralph you must be a human pin cushion because you cant feel a darn thing that is happening out there, you finally get it right and it works perfectly and then you backtrack? Put that line back together you silly fool, you took the wind right out of the mens sails, and wasted a great game from Maggie , Gagner ,Yakupov and MPS were Jacked up before and early in the game and their energy was carrying the team, where is your mind Ralph?

Put them together, and stop messing with the things you finally get right , we are running out of time and they are our best hope to find another gear. If Hemmer doesnt have a broken foot he needs to sit a game, that drama was disgusting, just standing there like a lost kid on Halloween Night with his little Pumpkin Suit flapping in the wind. While they pounded our netfront. Some armies kill their wounded during battle to save them the disgrace of having their enemies look down on any them from a position of terminal dominance. Hemmer just got demoted to the 3rd line with Smyth and Horcs where he belongs, we need to keep MPS-Gagner-Yakupov together and not be so bi-polar on the bench, if we are going to make the frigging playoffs Ralph Malph we will need the tertiary scoring Hemmer will give us from the 3rd using the fastbreak supported by Whitney like I said 3 games into this year, we will need both Yak and Sam to be shooters on the 2nd line and MPS to be the evolving power forward he is now to give us the meat of our offense and we need the 1st line to hold the line as they are doing because Ebbs is warming up now they just need Hall to start working the wing and trying to score repeatedly the same ways{instead of being to much of a playmaker} so Nuge can key on opponent weaknesses off of Halls drives and then Ebbs can pick better spots to slice them open with his surgical recision. This is how I called it 3 games in and how I have been calling it ever since, Ralph FINALLY gives in to common sense and reason and puts the proper 2nd line combo together and then he bails out and regresses before the game is even over.

Finally I can say Ralph executed his adjustments reasonably well and he creates the perfect 2nd line combo, then he has to crap the bed and regress in the line combo department, we could have stretched the system differently and kept that 3some together.if the Oilers are going to make it to the playoffs we will need to see the lines I just listed, we have had a loooong time to darn well and evaluate this year and there is no reason to not have seen a positive evolution and better results by now unless something has been wrong at the core value level, Ralph needs to keep MPS-Gagner-Yakupov together and drop Hemmer to the 3rd line and force Hall to provide consistant zone attacks for NUGE to key off of, or we are DOOMED. NewAgeSys-Moma2- BadMedicine , out.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:39 PM
RaabHart
Where's the Hart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
I like the fact that the kids are play a lot more time this year then last year and are playing tough minutes. Long term this is good, short term pain= long term gain
It's good as long as the kids to lose confidence. O wait!

Old
03-07-2013, 09:39 PM
McDNicks17
McDavid Has Arrived

Sounds like I made a good choice turning it off at the end of the 1st.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:40 PM
SephF
Patreeky

Old
03-07-2013, 09:40 PM
Psychoil

did anyone hear Ralphs interview?!!!!!!

what a joke.....this guy is totally wrong for us. we need a good coach! find us a good coach!#!@R#$%^$%%^&^&*^(*%%(^*

Old
03-07-2013, 09:42 PM
Empros*

Old
Worraps
McWonderful McSummer

After Hemsky went out, the only lines that looked decent were the kid line on the few occasions Krueger ran it and the MPS-RNH-Yak line on the few occasions Krueger ran it.

Ryan Smyth should never, ever, be playing top 6 minutes but there he was ...

Two defenseman can make a breakout pass and one of them is a human pylon ...

I hear Barkov/MacKinnon/Jones are promising young players, hopefully they don't mind losing.

Old
foshizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoil View Post

what a joke.....this guy is totally wrong for us. we need a good coach! find us a good coach!#!@R#$%^$%%^&^&*^(*%%(^*
Yeah I heard him. The best line was when he said "we tried to get the 1-1 goal instead of playing good defense"

um what? you should be going for the 1-1 goal. I'm getting the feeling the players are built to play one way- and he wants them to play like the swiss national team- major disconnect there and that's why it looks like an emotionless game.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:43 PM
Connor McSaviour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoil View Post

Ahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha! Protect the wings one goal lead instead of going out there and tying the game. What. A. Joke.

Closed Thread