HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs win 4-2 against Carolina | Price steals the game | 3 Stars: Cube, Gionta, Weber

Old
03-07-2013, 09:49 PM
BobbyFischer*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
I have over 10000 posts in this boards. I can understand english pretty well.

Anyways, no matter what you were trying to say, basically you were ready to trade Price away after 2 bad starts. That's what you said. You were making trade proposal sending Price away right after the loss against the Islanders. That's your take on Price.
I never said I wanted to trade Price, you are high br0.

It wasn't a proposal dumbo, it was illustrating how crappy Price was playing, by saying I would rather SCRIVENS in net than him.

Should I say it in Italian, will you understand that better, Mr. Rosso Scuderia?

BTW, 1 million posts on a message board doesn't mean you have good comprehension of a language.. it just means you're on the internets a lot. =]

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:49 PM
bdawg1989*

SUBBAN IS SO CLUTCH... he should be our next 'C'.

He's our best player night in, night out.

bdawg1989* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:50 PM
SB164

Arpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu

#Habs P.K. Subban, with 15 points in 18 games, is now third in the NHL in points per game among defencemen, behind only Letang and Enstrom

All that while being 79th in avg TOI for d-men.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:50 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post

It wasn't a proposal dumbo, it was illustrating how crappy Price was playing, by saying I would rather SCRIVENS in net than him.

Should I say it in Italian, will you understand that better, Mr. Rosso Scuderia?
the don't word it as a proposal, in a proposal thread. lol
Quote:
To Washington: Carey Price, 2nd round draft pick.

To Montreal: Braden Holtby, Niklas Backstrom.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:52 PM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemsFinest View Post
the don't word it as a proposal lol
Oh wait, the Braden Holtby thing!

Yeah.. that wasn't srs.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:52 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

As it stands, Montreal has a 30% chance of playing Toronto in the first round. Hell yes, that would be amazing.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:53 PM
habtastic

Not sure if discussed but props to MT!!

Every time we get in trouble, I ask myself whether our coach knows how to adjust and get the team the win. Most often, they've pulled it off. Sounds like that 2nd intermission speech really made a difference.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Undertakerqc

Greg Pateryn just called up

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:54 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

fine fine. i didn't read check for context anyway.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Maelpj*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
No it doesn't.

Price has been a great goalie over the years. Period.

I have no idea what's wrong with you or what your problem is but your posts have been ridiculous. And if Price goes on a five game losing streak now your posts will STILL have been ridiculous.

Some other posters have been so stupid I won't even bother responding. They're here to troll not have any kind of real discussion.

So no, it doesn't go both ways.
Again, you have your opinion I have mine. Keep calling me a troll, I can only image how much a pain in the ass you must be in real life when someone disagree with you. Easy to call me ridiculous behind your computer tough guy.

Price had 2 solid season and 2 average season. 1/3 good playoff. I don't see it as "being great" over the years.

I was expressing this thinking before the 2 last game of Price and gonna keep saying it till he prove other wise, which I hope.

Maelpj* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
As it stands, Montreal has a 30% chance of playing Toronto in the first round. Hell yes, that would be amazing.
Yeah.. it'll be fun to see all the concussions and injuries McClaren, Orr, and company give our smurfs. =[

Old
03-07-2013, 09:57 PM
OneHandsomeSheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917 View Post
season is half over now. 34 pts. 60 points should make the playoffs
60 points in 48 is equal to 103 over 82. That's a 5 seed type finish.

OneHandsomeSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:57 PM
Bloumeister
Certifiable

Quote:
Habs'll get blown 4 - 0 with Scrivens in nets. Price with 4 shootouts for TO

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:58 PM
Maelpj*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
If you look at the title of the thread in question, it's "When was the last time Price stole a game for us?"

So...that should settle that.

Then it evolved into a very narrow-minded undervaluing of what Price has done this season itself. The quotes from that thread speak for themselves. MOST people on the board agreed that he had two bad games and that he'd bounce back. Some took it too far and in that situation, you develop the desire for Carey to have them eat a crow sandwich. Oh, what? One game is not a large sample size, but 2 is?
People who started "bashing" Price only after his last 2 bad games are as bad as those who keep attacking personally other who have different opinion than them. We can qualify them as retard.

Maelpj* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:58 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelpj View Post
You sound like a really smart dude. Keep up the good work champ.

Wins are far from being correlated to goaltender performance, and most here agree. We have one of the best offensive of the league this season, and the 4th best team for shots against.

Yes, Price have been below exptectation for a 6.5m$ goaler most of the season. He caused more loss than win. Doesn't mean I can't recognize when he has a solid game like tonigh and hope he stay constant, which I doubt and hope I'm wrong.
Its obvious you have an agenda against Price when you discredit his wins, always using his salary to criticize him and doubt he can be consistent. If he wins 7 in a row, it would be a team effort, he loses 2 in a row, he should be better because he makes 6.5M$. It's not because he makes 6M$ that he can pull a hart performance every year.

Do you guys even watch hockey OUTSIDE the league? Do you understand that other 6M$ can slump for some games too? Watch Rinne, watch Miller, watch Ludnqvist, watch Luongo, watch Fleury, watch Ward you would realize that they have bad moments and not earning their 5.5M$++ salary either and their stats are similar or worst than Price. Those are stanley cup winners, vezina winners and runner ups.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:59 PM
SmurfsFTW
DD for Masterton

A nice win on the road and people are still mad at Price...

I just can't believe what I'm reading. Some fans really deserve the players quitting on this city like Patrick Roy did and many other players that just don't want ever to have to deal with this team's bipolar fans. If the Habs players surf the web, and they must be doing, it's rather depressing to read bad criticism even after a stellar performance.

Price has been allright and better than Halak. My forum name is still Halakalakaboom because I am a big fan of him and his playoff run with us, but I like Price and my team is the Habs, and IMO the Habs made the right choice, but I gotta say that I wasn't agreeing at first.

And Eller is becoming the player we were all waiting for him to become. If Halak keeps underperforming, we might be winning this trade. Halak dosen't even have .900 % right now, last I checked.

Hopefully we can add some toughness on D and on the wings at deadline for this year's playoff run, but my expectations will remain low, we're playing good games but this team is in a transition, not exactly all MB. We'll see as youngsters get older and bad contracts over.

SmurfsFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Yeah.. it'll be fun to see all the concussions and injuries McClaren, Orr, and company give our smurfs. =[
I doubt they would run the goon squad in the playoffs. If they do we stand to win pretty easily. If they rely on skill it'll be a tougher fight.

Old
03-07-2013, 10:01 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Weird way to showcase him...barely played in the 1st then play him a bunch in the 2nd with the team sucking ass, then sit him most of the 3rd.

If that was the case they'd have probably sent him to Hamilton for a couple games conditionning.
There are those who want to showcase Weber. The trouble is, every time he plays the offers for him get lower and lower. When will it bottom out? The draft has only 7 rounds.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bloumeister
Certifiable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelpj View Post
People who started "bashing" Price only after his last 2 bad games are as bad as those who keep attacking personally other who have different opinion than them. We can qualify them as retard.
As a retard who does neither, I take exception to that

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
I really don't want to see that. I really don't feel confident in playing the Leafs

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:

BTW, 1 million posts on a message board doesn't mean you have good comprehension of a language.. it just means you're on the internets a lot. =]
Wait so you said you want to trade Price for Holtby and then you say you rather have Scrivens over Price and I'm the one who has comprehension problem? I don't have a joke or moron detector, I don't know if you are just kidding or you know..

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:04 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I really don't want to see that. I really don't feel confident in playing the Leafs
In that case, Montreal has a 70% chance of avoiding Toronto in the playoffs, so you don't have to worry.

I want to see a Leafs-Habs series though, I think it would be amazing.

Old
03-07-2013, 10:05 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Greg Pateryn just called up
I hope they play him next game

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:08 PM
habdynasty

Quote:
In that case, Montreal has a 70% chance of avoiding Toronto in the playoffs, so you don't have to worry.

I want to see a Leafs-Habs series though, I think it would be amazing.
The tv ratings would skyrocket and Canada would go hockey crazy for this series.

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:08 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
I hope they play him next game
He's big, strong and isn't that young, it's a good experiment at the very least

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote