HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

2012-2013 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2013, 12:40 PM
sens83

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proust View Post
My guess is he fought so he wouldn't get sent back. Although that will be the end result, something tells me it went differently in his head.
Yeah, he definitely was trying to prove a point that he belongs there. Good on him, I've always been a DD fan and I even went on record at the beginning of the season that he was going to be a surprise for most of you up in Ottawa. I'm not surprised at all that he has played well.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:42 PM
Pilgore88

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
Usually it's around the last week or two of the season. We had Puempel for a little over a week last year. Getting Puempel, Noesen, Culek, Ceci would be a nice injection. Hopefully we can hold off at .500 and squeeze into the playoffs.
Noesen, Puempel and Ceci are on strong OHL teams and will play into the playoffs, Culek could play now if he was good enough, he isn't playing for a CHL team and is an overager.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:53 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proust View Post
My guess is he fought so he wouldn't get sent back. Although that will be the end result, something tells me it went differently in his head.
DD wasn't at much of a risk of being sent back to Bingo. If he gets sent back it is because of contracts, not his play.

IMO after the last few games MacLean and Murray probably asked the guys to step it up in the toughness department. Part of Dziurzynski's role on the team is physical play and fighting, so when McLaren asked him to go he probably felt the need to step up.

Hopefully on his subsequent fights he fights a little more tactically. He needs to keep his chin tucked and work on his defense.

Old
03-07-2013, 03:32 PM
tenpinsplit

i read someplace where McLaren asked DD to go and DD said no and Mclaren indicated he thought it was over at that point but when the puck was dropped DD dropped hit mitts

Old
03-07-2013, 03:37 PM
18Hossa

vCash: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by toe2toe View Post
i read someplace where McLaren asked DD to go and DD said no and Mclaren indicated he thought it was over at that point but when the puck was dropped DD dropped hit mitts
Yea, I heard the same thing.

Old
03-07-2013, 03:50 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Ya McLaren was quoted as saying that. McLaren was the player who initiated the fight. I guess Dziurzynski said no and then changed his mind. I do remember that Dziruznski stated in a previous interview that he doesn't go looking for a fight but if he is asked he will generally oblige.

I was speculating in my previous post. So if I am correct, then maybe Dziurzynski thought of it as an opportunity to show the coaches and staff that he is listening and willing to step up.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:27 PM
starling

Sdao has 3 more games to play before heading to AHL.
Culek is injured. I heard from Eagles fans that he was their best player when he was healthy in November. Then he got injured and injured again.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling View Post
Culek is injured. I heard from Eagles fans that he was their best player when he was healthy in November. Then he got injured and injured again.
Who?

Old
03-07-2013, 09:56 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
Who?
Sdao is Ottawa's 7th round pick from 2009. He is 6'4 220 lbs and projects as a nasty shutdown d man as a pro. He was drafted as an enforcer (best fighter out of the USHL in his draft year) and through his time at Princeton he has developed into a solid defenseman who has the potential to be a top 4 guy as a pro.

He should be a nice addition to Bingo and could possibly see some time in Ottawa this season.

Old
03-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Sdao is Ottawa's 7th round pick from 2009. He is 6'4 220 lbs and projects as a nasty shutdown d man as a pro. He was drafted as an enforcer (best fighter out of the USHL in his draft year) and through his time at Princeton he has developed into a solid defenseman who has the potential to be a top 4 guy as a pro.

He should be a nice addition to Bingo and could possibly see some time in Ottawa this season.
Nice! So Bingo will get him this season?

Edit; you answered my question already, got a little excited, lol

Old
03-07-2013, 10:07 PM
Berserker*

Quote:

I wouldn't expect Princeton to go far in the playoffs but who knows. He will probably be signed by Ottawa over the next few weeks and unless they feel he is ready to step into the NHL he will be down in Bingo. I am very high on him and I think he will be able to step into Ottawa sooner than later. He gets power play time in Princeton and he is actually a decent offensive player at the NCAA level. If he can translate his game quickly he could be the top pairing or number 1 guy in Bingo as soon as he signs. He compares well to Gryba except he is nastier and has better puck moving and offensive abilities.

But then again the transition from NCAA to AHL and NHL isn't always an easy one. Ben Blood has struggled with that transition this season and there is a possibility that Sdao struggles as well.

Old
03-07-2013, 10:10 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
I wouldn't expect Princeton to go far in the playoffs but who knows. He will probably be signed by Ottawa over the next few weeks and unless they feel he is ready to step into the NHL he will be down in Bingo. I am very high on him and I think he will be able to step into Ottawa sooner than later. He gets power play time in Princeton and he is actually a decent offensive player at the NCAA level. If he can translate his game quickly he could be the top pairing or number 1 guy in Bingo as soon as he signs. He compares well to Gryba except he is nastier and has better puck moving and offensive abilities.

But then again the transition from NCAA to AHL and NHL isn't always an easy one. Ben Blood has struggled with that transition this season and there is a possibility that Sdao struggles as well.
Blood has been a little bit of a disappointment, so I'll remain on level ground w/ any hype concerning this Sdao kid..thx for the info

Old
03-07-2013, 10:31 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Blood has been a little bit of a disappointment, so I'll remain on level ground w/ any hype concerning this Sdao kid..thx for the info
Ya it's good to keep expectations in check so take what I am saying with a big grain of salt. At the very least he should be an entertaining player.

Old
03-08-2013, 07:46 AM
sens83

Quote:
Quote:
Who?
Quote:

Quote:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=107530

--- Regular Season --- ---- Playoffs ----
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2007-08 Lincoln Stars USHL 53 3 6 9 178 8 0 1 1 20
2008-09 Lincoln Stars USHL 51 3 7 10 162 7 0 0 0 33
2009-10 Princeton University ECAC 30 5 4 9 48
2010-11 Princeton University ECAC 27 3 7 10 65
2011-12 Princeton University ECAC 30 10 10 20 87
2012-13 Princeton University ECAC 29 8 7 15 36
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current statistics as of 2013-03-08

Old
03-08-2013, 11:02 AM
Bileur

Quote:
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=107530

--- Regular Season --- ---- Playoffs ----
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM
2007-08 Lincoln Stars USHL 53 3 6 9 178 8 0 1 1 20
2008-09 Lincoln Stars USHL 51 3 7 10 162 7 0 0 0 33
2009-10 Princeton University ECAC 30 5 4 9 48
2010-11 Princeton University ECAC 27 3 7 10 65
2011-12 Princeton University ECAC 30 10 10 20 87
2012-13 Princeton University ECAC 29 8 7 15 36

Current statistics as of 2013-03-08
I've read he's got a booming shot too.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:16 AM
tenpinsplit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur View Post
I've read he's got a booming shot too.
this is what we are lacking. Gryba had a huge shot which i think is an important part of the PP. no one now seems to be able to wind up and let it go.

i also agree that Blood has been a disappointment. he is practically invisible out there and doesnt use his size to his advantage.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:33 AM
sens83

Quote:
this is what we are lacking. Gryba had a huge shot which i think is an important part of the PP. no one now seems to be able to wind up and let it go.

i also agree that Blood has been a disappointment. he is practically invisible out there and doesnt use his size to his advantage.
"The Hammer"

Old
03-08-2013, 12:10 PM
KAPOW
has no rispeck

b-sens sign stephen schultz to a pto:

http://www.binghamtonsenators.com/news/?article_id=1589

Old
03-08-2013, 12:36 PM
mianjo

So will Schultz and Craven start tonight?

Old
03-08-2013, 01:29 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Yeah, he definitely was trying to prove a point that he belongs there. Good on him, I've always been a DD fan and I even went on record at the beginning of the season that he was going to be a surprise for most of you up in Ottawa. I'm not surprised at all that he has played well.
Me too, I sure hope this fight doesn't define his career.

It's a little disconcerting that so many of Ottawa's big guys either don't fight or are not that good at it ... like DD, Grant, Latendresse, Greening, JOB, Zibanejad, Michalek, Spezza, Wiercioch, Gryba, Phillips, Lundin & Stone. Then there are our smaller players who don't really fight or are not very good at it like Alfredsson, Gonchar, Turris, Condra, Daugavins, Regin, Silfverberg & Benoit. There really are only Neil, Cowen, Smith & Boroweicki who seem to be good fighters on thei team. I haven't seen Methot fight yet & Foligno was a pretty good fighter for his weight class.

Watching Boston the other night & through most of that game I thought they were the ones intimidating the Leafs, they have a very tough team & little offence. It's almost the reverse on Boston where very few of their players don't fight like Kregi, Kelly & Bergeron (since his concussion), I think almost every other player on that team will drop them & go. McQuaid is a tough player for Boston & a good fighter, he did well against TO's Fraser & later when Orr went after him & got a penalty McQuaid laughed at him, he didn't back down. It's a real asset in the NHL to be able to fight & protect yourself, it also takes a lot of guts.

BTW how has Blood been doing? Haven't heard a lot about him & noticed he has been going back & forth between Bingo & Elmira but recently with all the callups has remained in Bingo. Has he looked like he is improving or getting more comfortable in the AHL?

Last edited by aragorn: 03-10-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Old
03-10-2013, 07:08 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Bingo is back on top in the A, 0.661 winning PCT good for first, 2nd in points behind Syracuse w/ 1 fewer game played..

Unbelievable as the revolving door continues and Luke has them playing so hard..I was watching on Main's stream thx btw, and even w/ 5 min left in the game down by 1 in Hershey of all places, the team was buzzing and creating chances..you could feel the victory was coming..just awesome 6 for 6 weknd

Old
03-10-2013, 08:03 PM
starling

Are they still the youngest team in the AHL?

Old
03-10-2013, 10:27 PM
starling

BSens have only Claesson left from their original defense and no goalies. 2/3 of the roster was replaced and they are still on top and winning. Ridiculous.

Old
03-10-2013, 10:33 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
I'm thinking we may not have the luxury of Coach Richardson in Binghamton for all that long with the way things are going in his first season. NHL teams are gonna come knocking real soon.

Old
03-10-2013, 10:35 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Are they still the youngest team in the AHL?
Who knows w/so many changes..
Quote:
BSens have only Claesson left from their original defense and no goalies. 2/3 of the roster was replaced and they are still on top and winning. Ridiculous.
It's called coaching, a damn good coaching staff..

Closed Thread