HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs win 4-2 against Carolina | Price steals the game | 3 Stars: Cube, Gionta, Weber

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-07-2013, 10:14 PM
  #301
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelpj View Post
Again, you have your opinion I have mine. Keep calling me a troll, I can only image how much a pain in the ass you must be in real life when someone disagree with you. Easy to call me ridiculous behind your computer tough guy.
I'm calling your posts ridiculous... because they are.

This has nothing to do with being behind a computer or being a tough guy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelpj View Post
Price had 2 solid season and 2 average season. 1/3 good playoff. I don't see it as "being great" over the years.

I was expressing this thinking before the 2 last game of Price and gonna keep saying it till he prove other wise, which I hope.
You have been trolling. You haven't been expressing an opinion. By all means, keep saying it. You don't have any credibility anyway so you might as well go for broke... And hey, with any luck the guy will have another terrible game and go on a losing streak. Let's all dare to dream.

Just don't expect to be taken seriously as a poster here. Reply all you want, I'm done with you.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:18 PM
  #302
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
In that case, Montreal has a 70% chance of avoiding Toronto in the playoffs, so you don't have to worry.

I want to see a Leafs-Habs series though, I think it would be amazing.
Amazing yes, however not very healthy

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:19 PM
  #303
Maelpj*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Its obvious you have an agenda against Price when you discredit his wins, always using his salary to criticize him and doubt he can be consistent. If he wins 7 in a row, it would be a team effort, he loses 2 in a row, he should be better because he makes 6.5M$. It's not because he makes 6M$ that he can pull a hart performance every year.

Do you guys even watch hockey OUTSIDE the league? Do you understand that other 6M$ can slump for some games too? Watch Rinne, watch Miller, watch Ludnqvist, watch Luongo, watch Fleury, watch Ward you would realize that they have bad moments and not earning their 5.5M$++ salary either and their stats are similar or worst than Price. Those are stanley cup winners, vezina winners and runner ups.
Of course, everybody who is not 100% sold on Price have an agenda, it's just how it work. We heard it before, chance disk.

Stop looking at stats, look at the game. If you think Carey have been the reason Habs are 1st in the east right now, you are the one having an agenda.

At the end, he costed us more loss than win. Rinne, Lundqvist or even Luongo and Miller have proven more than Price that they can be solid keeper on a constant basis over a long period of time. If Joe thornton have a "bad streak", people would doubt him a lot less than if Sam Gagne was in the same situation.

I always said that Price had talent and potential, but hasn't established as a sure "top 5" goalie who drag his team/go far in playoff. My opinion is not based on 2 bad game or 1 good game, but on all I saw from him since the start of his career.

Maelpj* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:21 PM
  #304
groovejuice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelpj View Post
You sound like a really smart dude. Keep up the good work champ.

Wins are far from being correlated to goaltender performance, and most here agree. We have one of the best offensive of the league this season, and the 4th best team for shots against.

Yes, Price have been below expectation for a 6.5m$ goaler most of the season. He caused more loss than win. Doesn't mean I can't recognize when he has a solid game like tonigh and hope he stay constant, which I doubt and hope I'm wrong.
I respectfully disagree. You happily cite offensive performance, but how many of the goals scored were directly from poor defensive play as opposed to shaky goaltending?

If you don't fairly and equally consider both, and you clearly don't, you are as far far from objectivity as Cherry or Milbury.

I have no problem with criticism of Price or any other player ass long as it is fair, considered and bias free.

I'm probably not the only one on this thread who feels your opinions do not meet any of these required standards.


Last edited by groovejuice: 03-07-2013 at 10:31 PM.
groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:22 PM
  #305
Maelpj*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I'm calling your posts ridiculous... because they are.

This has nothing to do with being behind a computer or being a tough guy...

You have been trolling. You haven't been expressing an opinion. By all means, keep saying it. You don't have any credibility anyway so you might as well go for broke... And hey, with any luck the guy will have another terrible game and go on a losing streak. Let's all dare to dream.

Just don't expect to be taken seriously as a poster here. Reply all you want, I'm done with you.
I could care less about being taken seriously about people calling others troll just because they have different opinion than them.

I can only hope you're done quoting me, most of your reply are personal attack without consistence

Stop taking things to seriously, you have some serious problems

Maelpj* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:26 PM
  #306
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1
 
HarlemsFinest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
in short. everyone who is not neutral has an extremist agenda/vendetta. positive or negative. not enough neutrality. i've said this before, people are so far stuck on one end or the complete other of the spectrum

the most sense is always found in the dead center of two baboon's opinions.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:26 PM
  #307
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Amazing yes, however not very healthy
HF would crash about 5-7 minutes into the first period of Game 1...

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:29 PM
  #308
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelpj View Post
Of course, everybody who is not 100% sold on Price have an agenda, it's just how it work. We heard it before, chance disk.

Stop looking at stats, look at the game. If you think Carey have been the reason Habs are 1st in the east right now, you are the one having an agenda.

At the end, he costed us more loss than win. Rinne, Lundqvist or even Luongo and Miller have proven more than Price that they can be solid keeper on a constant basis over a long period of time. If Joe thornton have a "bad streak", people would doubt him a lot less than if Sam Gagne was in the same situation.

I always said that Price had talent and potential, but hasn't established as a sure "top 5" goalie who drag his team/go far in playoff. My opinion is not based on 2 bad game or 1 good game, but on all I saw from him since the start of his career.
When I turn on the NHL network I hear the experts (several of them former NHL goaltenders) praise Carey Price, am I supposed to think. "What do they know, Maelpj says something quite different, and Maelpj is supported by Bobby Fischer and assorted other cognoscenti."

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:32 PM
  #309
Maelpj*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
When I turn on the NHL network I hear the experts (several of them former NHL goaltenders) praise Carey Price, am I supposed to think. "What do they know, Maelpj says something quite different, and Maelpj is supported by Bobby Fischer and assorted other cognoscenti."

"Expert" were classing Habs 12-15th in the east this season.

If you base your opinion solely on what "expert" say, then no, you don't really need to think/use your brain.

Maelpj* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:33 PM
  #310
Bloumeister
Live And Let Dye
 
Bloumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: @Bloumeister
Posts: 5,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
When I turn on the NHL network I hear the experts (several of them former NHL goaltenders) praise Carey Price, am I supposed to think. "What do they know, Maelpj says something quite different, and Maelpj is supported by Bobby Fischer and assorted other cognoscenti."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelpj View Post
"Expert" were classing Habs 12-15th in the east this season.

If you base your opinion solely on what "expert" say, then no, you don't really need to think/use your brain.
Yeah, these experts are just Price haters haters

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:34 PM
  #311
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1
 
HarlemsFinest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
teufels, haha, always so well spoken.

when i read your posts, for some reason i always picture plekanec as the poster.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:35 PM
  #312
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,367
vCash: 500
I'm not even sure what's happening anymore.

Maelpj is a huge Price fan...right?

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:38 PM
  #313
samsquanch9*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,909
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelpj View Post
I could care less about being taken seriously about people calling others troll just because they have different opinion than them.

I can only hope you're done quoting me, most of your reply are personal attack without consistence

Stop taking things to seriously, you have some serious problems
Hmmmmm

samsquanch9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:39 PM
  #314
Bloumeister
Live And Let Dye
 
Bloumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: @Bloumeister
Posts: 5,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
I'm not even sure what's happening anymore.

Maelpj is a huge Price fan...right?
If you're not a hater, you're a lover

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:40 PM
  #315
groovejuice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemsFinest View Post
teufels, haha, always so well spoken.

when i read your posts, for some reason i always picture plekanec as the poster.
Actually Plek's grandfather.

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:40 PM
  #316
Rosso Scuderia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelpj View Post
Of course, everybody who is not 100% sold on Price have an agenda, it's just how it work. We heard it before, chance disk.

Stop looking at stats, look at the game. If you think Carey have been the reason Habs are 1st in the east right now, you are the one having an agenda.

At the end, he costed us more loss than win. Rinne, Lundqvist or even Luongo and Miller have proven more than Price that they can be solid keeper on a constant basis over a long period of time. If Joe thornton have a "bad streak", people would doubt him a lot less than if Sam Gagne was in the same situation.

I always said that Price had talent and potential, but hasn't established as a sure "top 5" goalie who drag his team/go far in playoff. My opinion is not based on 2 bad game or 1 good game, but on all I saw from him since the start of his career.
I never said Price was the reason we are first in the east. Don't put words in my mouth. Price is getting blame for his bad performance but doesn't get praised when he plays well? I thought Price is part of the Habs and this is a team game. The team is first, shouldn't Price get praised just as much as his teammates. Why is he singled out for losses and not his teammates, or defense that plays bad? I don't understand that. Bad defense leads to scoring chances and shots but no, lets blame Price solely?

Also, Why should we ignore those goalie poor or ok performance, they are also getting paid big money. Isn't that why they are highly paid? I thought by your standards, every goalie that is getting paid over 5.5M$ should always be consistent and never have a bad break. I'm not putting word in your mouth but when you say a goalie that is getting paid *this amount of money* should not have bad streak like Price.


Well, I just proved you that it does happen. If you watch around the league, you will see not all 6M$ goalie a perfectly consistent and never have bad streaks. Price's last 2 games and people bashed on him like crazy.


And because these goalie have won stanley cup or Vezina in the past, they basically have immunity to bad streak and not Price? They can sit on their big contract and give poor performance because they've won before? Yeah.. OK.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:42 PM
  #317
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1
 
HarlemsFinest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
Actually Plek's grandfather.
cool if true, but are you defecating-me?

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:43 PM
  #318
disturbedraven
Lets rock
 
disturbedraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Peterborough
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,054
vCash: 500
I think it's safe to say that our fan base defies logic, and very well could shatter the very fabric of all space and time if we ever collectively agreed on one thing

disturbedraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:45 PM
  #319
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,231
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelpj View Post
Of course, everybody who is not 100% sold on Price have an agenda, it's just how it work. We heard it before, chance disk.

Stop looking at stats, look at the game. If you think Carey have been the reason Habs are 1st in the east right now, you are the one having an agenda.

At the end, he costed us more loss than win. Rinne, Lundqvist or even Luongo and Miller have proven more than Price that they can be solid keeper on a constant basis over a long period of time. If Joe thornton have a "bad streak", people would doubt him a lot less than if Sam Gagne was in the same situation.

I always said that Price had talent and potential, but hasn't established as a sure "top 5" goalie who drag his team/go far in playoff. My opinion is not based on 2 bad game or 1 good game, but on all I saw from him since the start of his career.
Holy lolllllll

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:46 PM
  #320
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Holy lolllllll
Price had what...2 bad games?

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:47 PM
  #321
Dharvey33
Registered User
 
Dharvey33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
He stole a period
No he didn't he still got 2 goals past him.

But still he was great tonight after two dreadful starts in which he was mostly to blame, Wether the Price lovers like it or not.

I'm neither a hater or a lover just a habs fan seeing things as they are. This means blame the players that needs to be blame and give the credit when it's due.

Price has a lot of character for sure he could have just flatten out but he he made some key saves tonight.

Eller has been excellent in the last games.

Plekanec and Desharnais were average at best tonight, Ryder was invisible and it was the best game of the season for Gorges and Subban.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:48 PM
  #322
groovejuice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemsFinest View Post
cool

if true, but are you defecating-me?
Nope, he's said in several posts that he's over 70.

Old enough to be his grandfather.

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:50 PM
  #323
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1
 
HarlemsFinest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
oh i know he's old. just the grandfather of toemash part.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:51 PM
  #324
Souvenirs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Trois-Rivieres
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelpj View Post
"Expert" were classing Habs 12-15th in the east this season.

If you base your opinion solely on what "expert" say, then no, you don't really need to think/use your brain.
There's a difference between trying to predict where a team will finish and evaluating the performance of a player, ffs.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:53 PM
  #325
Karl Pilkington
Registered User
 
Karl Pilkington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
At 6.5M top 3 goalie cap hit in the NHL what do you think he should be doing ? Play average ?
He should stand on his head and solve world hunger.

Karl Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.