HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(Part 2) Game #25|Mar. 7, 2013|Penguins at Flyers|7:00 p.m. ET

Old
03-07-2013, 10:24 PM
flyersfan187

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Giroux look and sounded emotionally distraught. I wonder what happened.
They lost to the Penguins. The season has been much worse than expected because a lot of people were picking the Flyers to get the Cup. I am sure all that is running through most of their heads and it can't be easy. Losing after leading by 3 hurts.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:31 PM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
They lost to the Penguins. The season has been much worse than expected because a lot of people were picking the Flyers to get the Cup. I am sure all that is running through most of their heads and it can't be easy. Losing after leading by 3 hurts.
no one was picking the flyers for the cup. They were 4th in the divison at best coming into the season, with some serious flaws and many question marks.

How this team is performing now is how id thought they would be performing last year to be honest.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:31 PM
FlyingPhilly

Lots of anger and frustration here. Good thing I listened to music that calms me down, thankful for her beautiful voice, before coming back here or I would have followed the crowd and posted angry crap that I would look back at and possibly regret.

This loss tonight was a complete and utter team meltdown. Bryz is not the only one to blame here, the team, coach, and management is.

FlyingPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:33 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
no one was picking the flyers for the cup. They were 4th in the divison at best coming into the season, with some serious flaws and many question marks.

How this team is performing now is how id thought they would be performing last year to be honest.
I think it was NHL live where two of the three people picked the Flyers for the Cup. I was surprised too

Old
03-07-2013, 10:41 PM
GingerFetish

Send a message via Skype™ to GingerFetish
Lavi and Danny B go.

Pulling Bryz, rookie mistake.

GingerFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:49 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerFetish View Post
Lavi and Danny B go.

Pulling Bryz, rookie mistake.
Agreed, That goal on boucher may have been the worst ive ever seen a goalie play a shot. And i saw game 6 of the stanley cup

Old
03-07-2013, 10:50 PM
healthyscratch

What did Peter have to say on pulling Bryz?

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:53 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

We sux 4-1 lead and we lose 5-4 nothing to say but we sux..

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:02 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

hopefully we are smart enough to know we are not going any where this year and finish low enough to get a good pick.

Old
03-07-2013, 11:05 PM
flyersfan187

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
hopefully we are smart enough to know we are not going any where this year and finish low enough to get a good pick.
You serious? As long as there is a chance the Flyers should be playing hard to get a spot in the playoffs. We aren't the Penguins.

Old
03-07-2013, 11:13 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
You serious? As long as there is a chance the Flyers should be playing hard to get a spot in the playoffs. We aren't the Penguins.
The lose tonight was a joke 4-1 lead and lose 5-4 we should be gearing for next year get rid of the dead weight .

This is not a playoff team no way they make it..

Old
03-07-2013, 11:15 PM
Jtown

I just want to say after watching this game and the rangers game something is very apparent to me.

WE have a difficult time in the neutral zone. Last year i can remember so many times jagr or voracek being able to stickhandle through the neutral zone and set up plays but now we only have voracek.

The best teams are the teams with very skilled players that can skate the puck into the zone. The rangers were able to do this with MDZ, McDonough , Nash, Hagelin,

Pitt can do it with crosby, malkin, letang, neal

It seems like the only players we have that can skate the puck into the zone are giroux and voracek.

Our 2nd line is very terrible at gaining the ozone but when they do they can really cycle well.

3rd line is probably 2nd best line at entering the ozone and establishing possession.

Last edited by Jtown: 03-07-2013 at 11:25 PM.
Old
03-07-2013, 11:21 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
I just want to say after watching this game and the rangers game something is very apparent to me.

WE have a difficult time in the neutral zone. Last year i can remember so many times jagr or voracek being able to stickhandle through the neutral zone and set up plays but now we only have voracek.

The best teams are the teams with very skilled players that can skate the puck into the zone. The rangers were able to do this with MDZ, del zotto , Nash, Hagelin,

It seems like the only players we have that can skate the puck into the zone are giroux and voracek.

Our 2nd line is very terrible at gaining the ozone but when they do they can really cycle well.

3rd line is probably 2nd best line at entering the ozone and establishing possession.
This is the same problem I've been seeing. Getting out of the zone isn't the problem. Even if they get out cleanly they often have trouble getting through

03-07-2013, 11:24 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
This is the same problem I've been seeing. Getting out of the zone isn't the problem. Even if they get out cleanly they often have trouble getting through
watch the 3rd period of this kings stars game. Jagr looks incredible in the open ice and gains entry into the zone so easily. No one even gets in his way.

If we had someoen like that on our 2nd line that could make a huge difference. WE would then have two lines taht can really put pressure in the ozone and that right there is atleast 2 periods of play.

Old
03-07-2013, 11:30 PM
CyborgLindros

Can we pause for 1 second and see a bigger picture. This game was terrible. Briere needs to go. He's old, slow and shot a rebound into Vokoun.
Giroux as captain. All things constant who do you give it to? Hartnell? Kimmo (everyone has complained more about his play it's hypocritical for him to call the team out) Briere (same as Kimmo) He's in his mid 20's trying to lead players around his age or older than him. He needs to adjust.
As for buying out Bryz which is another popular statement. Who else is as competent to replace him next offseason Emery? Smith?.......not to many guys out there. Might be a good idea to keep him another year. Just something to think about. We gotta stop being so knee jerk around here.

CyborgLindros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:32 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Boston up next they are going to KICK OUR *****..

Old
03-07-2013, 11:34 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

With the #1 pick overall the flyers are happy to pick SETH JONES its going to happen..

Old
03-07-2013, 11:59 PM
RussianRocket10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
With the #1 pick overall the flyers are happy to pick SETH JONES its going to happen..
#1 overall pick? We must have pulled off another trade with Columbus.

RussianRocket10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:00 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:

The best teams are the teams with very skilled players that can skate the puck into the zone. The rangers were able to do this with MDZ, McDonough , Nash, Hagelin,

Yes and Yes....

With a D that is less mobile and solely relies on getting it out of the zone with a first pass and then the forwards dumping and chasing if they have possession in the neutral zone.....clogging up the neutral zone really kills this team b/c we have only a few players like Jake that can attack with speed and keep the opposition honest. We certainly have no D men in the Coffey mold to do that ...that is for sure.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:02 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
The questions some of these people ask is rediculous. Lisa Hillary asks Zach Rinaldo "Who is responsible for not putting in a full 60 minutes of effort" Really?!

PALE PWNR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:04 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
watch the 3rd period of this kings stars game. Jagr looks incredible in the open ice and gains entry into the zone so easily. No one even gets in his way.

If we had someoen like that on our 2nd line that could make a huge difference. WE would then have two lines taht can really put pressure in the ozone and that right there is atleast 2 periods of play.
Jake can usually fly through the neutral zone when he's having a good game. Giroux isn't bad either. Briere, when he's not a black hole, can also get through...but he usually gets stopped immediately at or after the blue line, so what's the point? Hopefully Read can help out when he's healthier. Gagne has been invisible there so far. Hartnell...nah.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:10 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
The questions some of these people ask is rediculous. Lisa Hillary asks Zach Rinaldo "Who is responsible for not putting in a full 60 minutes of effort" Really?!
Yup....this is why I'm not a Lisa Hillary fan..she makes some really goofy comments from time to time. Of course Meltzer thinks she knows her stuff.....sometimes I wonder.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:12 AM
NHLAlert
@nhl_alert

Quote:

Jagr has been great this season. He opens up so much ice for his linemates and can easily enter the zone just like you mentioned.

NHLAlert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:13 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Jake can usually fly through the neutral zone when he's having a good game. Giroux isn't bad either. Briere, when he's not a black hole, can also get through...but he usually gets stopped immediately at or after the blue line, so what's the point? Hopefully Read can help out when he's healthier. Gagne has been invisible there so far. Hartnell...nah.
Briere used to be more proficient at it.....not so much anymore. Giroux had more open space when Jagr was complementing him. Read is pretty good. Becoming more obvious why Gagne was benched by Sutter....

Old
03-08-2013, 12:29 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
Briere used to be more proficient at it.....not so much anymore. Giroux had more open space when Jagr was complementing him. Read is pretty good. Becoming more obvious why Gagne was benched by Sutter....
We can always send out Shelley to use his patented "Skate to Red Line, Dump Puck" move.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote