HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs win 4-2 against Carolina | Price steals the game | 3 Stars: Cube, Gionta, Weber

Old
03-07-2013, 10:54 PM
groovejuice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemsFinest View Post
oh i know he's old. just the grandfather of toemash part.
Getting quiet now. Crazy huh how wins get way less interest than losses.

Too bad Whiskey can't last a bit longer. Sometimes it's like having Colbert on here. Of course, sometimes it's like having Carrottop

groovejuice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:57 PM
GHF377
Watching from afar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Pilkington View Post
He should stand on his head and solve world hunger.
Or at least record two shutouts in one night. I mean what did he do to prevent any of Boston's goals tonight?

GHF377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:01 PM
Maelpj*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
There's a difference between trying to predict where a team will finish and evaluating the performance of a player, ffs.
Tons of expert scout fail their evaluation of player every year. Would you prefer this comparaison? A lot of those "expert" are critical toward some Habs player, doesn't stop a lot of people for having a different opinion of the said player.

The point of a forum is to discuss opinion and , sometimes, having debate . With this line of thinking, why don't we just shut our brain off and spit everything expert say, without a second thinking?

Maybe we should let the gouvernement do whatever the f he want without questioning his decisions? After all, they are the "expert".

Maelpj* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:07 PM
Maelpj*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
I never said Price was the reason we are first in the east. Don't put words in my mouth. Price is getting blame for his bad performance but doesn't get praised when he plays well? I thought Price is part of the Habs and this is a team game. The team is first, shouldn't Price get praised just as much as his teammates. Why is he singled out for losses and not his teammates, or defense that plays bad? I don't understand that. Bad defense leads to scoring chances and shots but no, lets blame Price solely?

Also, Why should we ignore those goalie poor or ok performance, they are also getting paid big money. Isn't that why they are highly paid? I thought by your standards, every goalie that is getting paid over 5.5M$ should always be consistent and never have a bad break. I'm not putting word in your mouth but when you say a goalie that is getting paid *this amount of money* should not have bad streak like Price.

Well, I just proved you that it does happen. If you watch around the league, you will see not all 6M$ goalie a perfectly consistent and never have bad streaks. Price's last 2 games and people bashed on him like crazy.

And because these goalie have won stanley cup or Vezina in the past, they basically have immunity to bad streak and not Price? They can sit on their big contract and give poor performance because they've won before? Yeah.. OK.
Price is probably the one getting the most recognization of the whole team. Molson cup after Molson Cup, he is the one getting the most attention by the media, the most paid player of the team and he have an entire fan club to protect him and insult whoever might question his "superstar" status. I don't feel bad for him.

Old
03-07-2013, 11:09 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelpj View Post
Tons of expert scout fail their evaluation of player every year. Would you prefer this comparaison? A lot of those "expert" are critical toward some Habs player, doesn't stop a lot of people for having a different opinion of the said player.

The point of a forum is to discuss opinion and , sometimes, having debate . With this line of thinking, why don't we just shut our brain off and spit everything expert say, without a second thinking?

Maybe we should let the gouvernement do whatever the f he want without questioning his decisions? After all, they are the "expert".

Good point. But more specific to this board, why do we seem to care less about wins than losses?

There's this weird self flagellation thing going on here.

Old
03-07-2013, 11:10 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

Quote:
Price is probably the one getting the most recognization of the whole team. Molson cup after Molson Cup, he is the one getting the most attention by the media, the most paid player of the team and he have an entire fan club to protect him and insult whoever might question his "superstar" status. I don't feel bad for him.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:12 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Price is probably the one getting the most recognization of the whole team. Molson cup after Molson Cup, he is the one getting the most attention by the media, the most paid player of twhe team and he have an entire fan club to protect him and insult whoever might question his "superstar" status. I don't feel bad for him.
Isn't Molson Cup voted by fans? Nothing to do with the media except in the sense the name promotes buying average beer.

Old
03-07-2013, 11:12 PM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Gaston and the crew gotta get the propaganda out because they probably feel that Eller is a threat to DD.

Don't see any reason why these two have to be in competition with another.
ding ding ding! you nailed it.

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:13 PM
ryanwb

Quote:
Molson cup after Molson Cup, he is the one getting the most attention by the media
Maybe they're on to something?

ryanwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:14 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

i think molson cup is awared for the most Star nominations after a game. i don't know the value of a 1st in relation to a 3rd star.

it is the fans, but indirectly. they're not spcifically choosing the stars in order for someone to win the molson cup at the end of the month, it's just a tally of how all their votes played out.

Old
03-07-2013, 11:15 PM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Yes. You were apart of it as well. You always wait for Price to have a bad game to jump out and say I told you so. You did it last year as well and the year before that. You sit and lurk, don't say a single word while he's playing well, but explode on to the scene during a slump as though it's the end of the freaking world and drag on a discourse that is juvenile and trivial. It's always the same 6-7 guys that just wait for the bad game and play the "we're allowed to criticize card."
stop it, you're making too much sense.

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mitchmagic

Send a message via MSN to mitchmagic
Don't feel like digging through all of this. Can anyone quickly recap why Ryder was benched in the 3rd period? I didn't think he looked too bad out there?

Thanks!

mitchmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Maelpj*

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
Isn't Molson Cup voted by fans? Nothing to do with the media except in the sense the name promotes buying average beer.
Yep fan. Which means Price get praise from Media+Fans. That was my point.

Old
03-07-2013, 11:17 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
My boy Subban is on FIRE

and what about Gorgie playing like an all-star!

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:17 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Of course, everybody who is not 100% sold on Price have an agenda, it's just how it work. We heard it before, chance disk.

Stop looking at stats, look at the game. If you think Carey have been the reason Habs are 1st in the east right now, you are the one having an agenda.
A few bad games is not enough to write off a goalie. Where were you at the start of the season when Price was shutting the door and looking near-invincible?

Quote:
At the end, he costed us more loss than win. Rinne, Lundqvist or even Luongo and Miller have proven more than Price that they can be solid keeper on a constant basis over a long period of time. If Joe thornton have a "bad streak", people would doubt him a lot less than if Sam Gagne was in the same situation.
Rinne, Lundqvist, Miller and Luongo all have the same amount of Cups as Price does. Since we're talking about being the "big reason" for winning, where was Lundqvist last year against the Devils? Where the hell has Miller been in the last five? Do they technically fall under this same rule that you've applied because they all have yet to carry the team to the finals of the Stanley Cup, let alone the Cup itself? (Save for Luongo, who ultimately choked, leading to the demise of the Canucks)

Quote:
I always said that Price had talent and potential, but hasn't established as a sure "top 5" goalie who drag his team/go far in playoff. My opinion is not based on 2 bad game or 1 good game, but on all I saw from him since the start of his career.
He's become a better goaltender and has matured since the start of his career. Are we going to look at a goalie who complete sucked balls in his first year and then wins the Cup in his next and say, "Well, they equal each other out. He's average at best."

Please. Price is a big reason why the Habs are winning games more often than not. They're 15-5-4. Instead of crying over the five losses, be happy with the 15 wins and being 1st in the East.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:18 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
You're a fan also right?

Old
03-07-2013, 11:19 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

Quote:

whoever gets the molson cup wins it because they happened to have earned more star votes by their play in the last month. the fans are not choosing stars strategically for one player to win the molson cup. they are not voting CP 1st star every game so they can get him that molson cup. he gets star voted because he played well enough to be one of the 3 biggest factors in any said game. and consequently wins or does not win a molson cup based on that total of star selections.

Old
03-07-2013, 11:19 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
That's Montreal. The fans are like that. It's not his fault if he's the face of this franchise. Every goalie in Montreal has to live with that. The goalie of the Montreal Canadiens is the guy that probably have the most pressure in this whole province or even country. Why are you so bitter about it? You clearly hate the guy, maybe not personally but the goalie that gets all the (unwanted) attention.

But I really don't see why you hate him so much. I'm sure if we put Crawford, Quick or Rinne in his place, you would hate them too.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:24 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchmagic View Post
Don't feel like digging through all of this. Can anyone quickly recap why Ryder was benched in the 3rd period? I didn't think he looked too bad out there?

Thanks!
Well, I don't want to call your judgement into question, but IMO he was our worst player (that includes Armstrong btw) and was continually screwing up "The System". We could never exit our zone and when we did, it resulted in going right back in. I'm actually a fan of the trade, not only for the $$$, but cuz I think Ryder can finish and put up some points. Tonight, he was awwwwful. Looked so slow, confused and just unable to do anything right. He was likely benched because he was a liability. MT pretty much said that right at the end of his PC (or at least the one Antichambre showed).

Looking for him to put up some goals in Tbay.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:25 PM
Maelpj*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
That's Montreal. The fans are like that. It's not his fault if he's the face of this franchise. Every goalie in Montreal has to live with that. The goalie of the Montreal Canadiens is the guy that probably have the most pressure in this whole province or even country. Why are you so bitter about it? You clearly hate the guy, maybe not personally but the goalie that gets all the (unwanted) attention.

But I really don't see why you hate him so much. I'm sure if we put Crawford, Quick or Rinne in his place, you would hate them too.
I don't see how you can interpret my answer as bitter or hate. your perception are probably fueled by emotion.

I only answered to the part where you said that Price don't get enough praise, which is not true. End of it. If I hated Price like you are saying, I would not say he is a good goaler and have potential.

Old
03-07-2013, 11:27 PM
Maelpj*

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
You're a fan also right?
I wouldn't watch all the Habs fans or pass a good amount of my time on these board expressing my opinion about the team even if i'm getting **** 95% of the time if I wasn't a fan.

Old
03-07-2013, 11:29 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Really respectful. Of course mods gonna let that pass.

You are probably a 5,6, 130lb wet low life teens who just cuum himself, trying to look thug on a hockey forum, who hasn't had the balls to tell anybody to **** in real life during his whole insignifiant existence.
This post isn't directed towards me but... Welcome to my ignore list. Say hi to ECHW and patofqc for me.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:36 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

it may interest you that patof has seemed more positive recently. these weren't in pleks related topics, but posts were constructive!

Old
03-07-2013, 11:38 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
I don't see how you can interpret my answer as bitter or hate. your perception are probably fueled by emotion.

I only answered to the part where you said that Price don't get enough praise, which is not true. End of it. If I hated Price like you are saying, I would not say he is a good goaler and have potential.
Anyway, its your opinion so I guess I have to respect that, one thing is for sure though, you might be not a hater but you're certainly not a fan of him.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:39 PM
Danadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahnaMahna View Post
Hmmmmm
Hahahaha

Danadiens is offline   Reply With Quote