HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers Lose 3-0. Watching Paint dry

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2013, 12:12 AM
CantHaveTkachev
not allowed!

vCash: 500
so refreshing that I had to work tonight...absolutely loved the fact I'm not angry at this loss

who else can't wait for Oil Change Episode 3? its gonna be a doozy!

Here come the Oilers Nashville! lol

Old
03-08-2013, 12:14 AM
OilDrop37

vCash: 4233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butane Fan View Post
The only bright thing in this game was the fight. The coilers turned that energy into nothing. OMG this team is really starting to annoy me I am lucky I have date with wife so I get to miss the Nashville game
I get it when Flames fans call them that, really don't get it when Oiler "fans" do it. I'm on board with talking about how bad they are, but name calling? really?

Old
03-08-2013, 12:15 AM
smokersarejokers

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
1. Throw eggs and pies at Kevin Lowe, his family, his cars and their houses on a daily basis until he resigns.
2. Draft Barkov trade Hopkins + 2014 1st rounder +2014 2nd rounder + Nick Schultz for Hanzal + Yandle.
3. Sign Gagner to 3 year 15 million dollar contract.
4. Sign a 3rd line center to a 2 year deal to give Barkov some time to develop his game and to continue to develop physically so that he doesn't get bum rushed in his first or second season in the NHL.
Wow.

Mike Milbury, is that you?

I hate this team as much as the next person, but trading Nuge is not an option.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:16 AM
Distinct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
Yeah but with that change you can't have remnants of the old group around to poison the mentality/thinking.

This basically means a top-down approach. Lowe, Tambellini, MacTavish, Kruger, Buchberger, Smith - and a whole new coaching and managerial staff.

It may involve moving some of the players as well. This includes the Smid's and Horcoff's that have been around and been "solid" but not difference-makers over the past few years.

Re: Smid, has anyone noticed how painstakingly horrible our break-out is when he's on the ice? Even Steve Staios made it look better.
Yeah, A top down approach may be necessary, considering the minimal progress (at best) over the past 3-4 seasons. Any other organization (excluding Islanders and maybe Panthers) that finishes in the bottom consistently would see their management, Let alone GM replaced, rebuild or not. Some progress has to be made.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:17 AM
Tarus
Fire Mact

Just another tepid loss by a team with no grit.

Center ice depth behind Gagner and RNH of Horcoff, Belanger, Lander and VV? That's just soft backed up by butter soft, and it's just the same story on the wings and defense. In simplest terms, another year of a roster setup to fail.

The Oilers are going to have to do something this offseason. This is a team devoid of the gritty, physical role players that underpin the success of every good team in the NHL(and the only recent Oiler franchise successes). Those aren't the type of players you can draft in a rebuild and expect contributions within a couple of years, they are the 25 - 30 year old seasoned AHL/NHL vets with years of training and experience that can fulfill important secondary roles on teams.

The Oilers drafted their high end talent, and will get another this year(hopefully Jones), but it's time to rebuild the rest of the roster and stop expecting the kids to perform miracles. Time to spend some money as there are just too many redundant, ineffective, and over the hill players in important roles on this roster to be successful in this league.

Last edited by Tarus: 03-08-2013 at 12:23 AM.
Old
03-08-2013, 12:17 AM
Rafters

So many players just going through the motions.....no emotion...no drive ...no dedication.....just $$$$

Old
03-08-2013, 12:20 AM
CantHaveTkachev
not allowed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntOilFan View Post
Kruger is a joke.

Get rid of this goof. Hire a hockey coach, not a motivational speaker.
don't blame Krueger, anyone would take his job....blame the guy who keeps hiring lousy coach after lousy coach

heck, I'd try to coach thsi pathetic bunch if they gave me a chance

Tambo has no clue how to do anything...can't sign the right players, trade for the right guys or get a competant NHL coach

Krueger isn't an NHL coach...and thats on Tambo

Tambo has had 5 years to assemble a competitive team and it's much worse today than 5 year ago...heck they're worse off than last year

Old
03-08-2013, 12:23 AM
Distinct

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Dynasty View Post
don't blame Krueger, anyone would take his job....blame the guy who keeps hiring lousy coach after lousy coach

heck, I'd try to coach thsi pathetic bunch if they gave me a chance

Tambo has no clue how to do anything...can't sign the right players, trade for the right guys or get a competant NHL coach

Krueger isn't an NHL coach...and thats on Tambo

Tambo has had 5 years to assemble a competitive team and it's much worse today than 5 year ago...heck they're worse off than last year
Playing wise, they might be worse that last year. In terms of this year though, I'd have to disagree in saying that they are worse off. At least they have collected some assets that can bring in quality.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:24 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

David Staples ‏@dstaples
#Oilers out chanced by Detroit 22 to 6.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:26 AM
CantHaveTkachev
not allowed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distinct View Post
Playing wise, they might be worse that last year. In terms of this year though, I'd have to disagree in saying that they are worse off. At least they have collected some assets that can bring in quality.
from sheer incompetance of the management staff

you're right, Tambo has gotten three #1 picks because his teams have been so bad....great legacy to have

Old
03-08-2013, 12:27 AM
Oiltankjob Fail

vCash: 50
This team needs a coach who thinks offense , but the problems are worse than that the teams needs to unload a bunch of passengers collecting pay and nothing else on this team. Ryan Smyth Belanger Potter all need to go asap . Hartikainen Eager Petrell guys who have at least been giving effort all season sitting while the above scrubs been getting prime minutes . Its past the point of reasoninig . Season is almost lost now get rid of dead weight start waiving them send a message to the kids the useless are just that. Trade what we can for what we can get finish season with Harti Petrell Prv all getting valuable minutes Injury's bring up likes of Teubert can't get any worse than it is at least get experience for these guy's Buy out Horcoff Smyth next season Unload Khabbi for anything. Send a message that losers go winners stay.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:28 AM
syz
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I wonder if Hall is as healthy as they say.. he went from dominant to pedestrian after that Clutterbuck hit.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:28 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Our transition has really fallen off now that we replaced Gilbert with Schultz and Whitney has fallen off.

Gilbert for all the hate we gave him was actually an above-average transition guy. Schultz is yet to reach average in that department.

Whitney's failure is a huge loss for us.

Our D has actually gotten better at D-zone coverage, but they've regressed big time in terms of transition. We went from below-average to dead-last IMO in terms of that part of the game. It's a big part of why this team is struggling to score at even-strength, whereas last year scoring was never a problem

Petry is perhaps our best right now (at or slightly above average), J.Schultz will hopefully attain average in 1-2 years. The rest is just horrible.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:30 AM
Tarus
Fire Mact

Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
I wonder if Hall is as healthy as they say.. he went from dominant to pedestrian after that Clutterbuck hit.
He's moving at half speed, and his game has become borderline stationary since his injured his leg a couple of games ago.

He's playing hurt right now, nothing to do with the Clutterbuck hit.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:32 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
Our transition has really fallen off now that we replaced Gilbert with Schultz and Whitney has fallen off.

Gilbert for all the hate we gave him was actually an above-average transition guy. Schultz is yet to reach average in that department.

Whitney's failure is a huge loss for us.

Our D has actually gotten better at D-zone coverage, but they've regressed big time in terms of transition. We went from below-average to dead-last IMO in terms of that part of the game. It's a big part of why this team is struggling to score at even-strength, whereas last year scoring was never a problem

Petry is perhaps our best right now (at or slightly above average), J.Schultz will hopefully attain average in 1-2 years. The rest is just horrible.
Actually the Oilers were one of the worst scoring 5x5 teams last year as well. They looked more exciting than this group but they couldn't score 5x5. Their powerplay was absolutely dominant last season and Hall was one of the league leaders in PP goals.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:32 AM
Dynamic

Send a message via MSN to Dynamic
NHL goalies do NOT let in that first goal. I don't care if it was flubbed or handcuffed dd. A legit #1 goalie does NOT let that first goal in, let alone a weak goal in every start for the last 2 weeks.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:34 AM
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTopper View Post
What's really annoying is if you watched Oil Change, Lowe/Tambo seemed almost happy/proud they didn't do anything to improve the team over the Summer. Didn't feel they "had" to.
Seriously, how could anyone watch that show?
Its bad enough having to watch the actual games, why torture yourself with a slickly packaged replay of the highest lows?

And then to know on top of it, that by watching the documentary you are helping this owner make money off his inferior team, and assisting him in propagating the myth of the "rebuild" and the various excuses as to why the team has gone nowhere but down since Katz and Tamby came to town.

Given the state the team is in, Oil Change is an embarrassment to the franchise, the fans and the city. Its an ode to losing.

I just wonder why people watch .... why?

Old
03-08-2013, 12:35 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Actually the Oilers were one of the worst scoring 5x5 teams last year as well. They looked more exciting than this group but they couldn't score 5x5. Their powerplay was absolutely dominant last season and Hall was one of the league leaders in PP goals.
Sorry I should have said "get chances" 5x5. We were still able to get zone entry and create chances last year. Offense wasn't there for other reasons (similar to what we're having now) - inability to maintain in-zone possession, poor point shots, lack of slot presence with forwards...list goes on

Old
03-08-2013, 12:39 AM
Insta
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic View Post
NHL goalies do NOT let in that first goal. I don't care if it was flubbed or handcuffed dd. A legit #1 goalie does NOT let that first goal in, let alone a weak goal in every start for the last 2 weeks.
Great, keep complaining about it. Dubnyk is obviously the problem with this team.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:40 AM
Fuhryous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic View Post
Yup, 100% agree. I don't have the video, but look at the overhead replay again. Dubnyk had ZERO idea where that puck was. Look at the angle of his head and where he's looking compared to where the puck actually was (slot if I remember). He had already dropped into his butterfly hoping it would hit him, relying on positioning instead of looking for the puck.

He's what, 6'7 or so on skates? Stand up and look over top of everyone and find the puck and make a reactionary save instead of hoping for a positional one!!

That's my 2 cents, but what the hell do I know.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:42 AM
Shanahanigans

Everyone on this team not named Gagner Hall, RNH, MPS,Yak,Smid, Brown and J.Schultz are playing passenger hockey right now. Basically everyone over 25.

I feel sorry for the kids. A 19 year old 185 lb centreman should not be relied on as heavily as RNH is being relied on in both ends of the rink.

Ps. Kreuger seems like a terrible coach. He talks a good game but thats about it. Fire everybody, Bring in Burke and Ruff. Burke would have the balls to improve this team. Vancouver, Anaheim and now Toronto are reaping the benefits of his work. Other than the Seguin trade, he's improved the team greatly. Macarthur, Bozak, Phaneuf, Franson,Gunnarson, Lupul Grabovski, without trading away anyone of significance.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:59 AM
Ragss

Duby has the same confidence problems as the entire team right now, but where Eberle misses an empty net or Hemsky turns it over on a deke, Dubnyk lets in the game winning goal.

In other words, its not fair to judge Dubnyk right now, when so many Oilers are just shadows.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:00 AM
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Holy ****, did Krueger really say that?
It's good to know that Tambellini did his due diligence before hiring this joker. Man Oh Man!!!
The revolving door coach policy alone should be enough to get Tamby fired. If you can't get the coach right on your third try ... you fail at your job and deserve the boot.

These are the most important years of our best players' careers. The team is not providing the atmosphere that is necessary to nurture the talent of these teenagers and gradually allot them responsibility as their improvement warrants.

This sort of hockey team cannot possibly be good for players like Hall, Eberle, RNH, Schultz, Yakupov, Petry or even guys like Paajarvi, Hartikainen and Lander.

Imagine how bad it must suck to be a Gagner or a Gilbert or a Smid and have played five or six seasons - your entire ****ing career - for the idiots running this team. Its a miracle any of those guys has turned into what they are today. A testament to their talent and will to succeed.

Fire Tamby today.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:01 AM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragss View Post
Duby has the same confidence problems as the entire team right now, but where Eberle misses an empty net or Hemsky turns it over on a deke, Dubnyk lets in the game winning goal.

In other words, its not fair to judge Dubnyk right now, when so many Oilers are just shadows.
Not really the same.

Anything that hurts Dubnyk's confidence is a direct result of him.

He isn't going to lose confidence because they aren't scoring. He's going to lose confidence because of goals like he let in tonight.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:02 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Stop blaming the coach

Blame the players

They play the game

Closed Thread