HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Edm - tor (mps)

Old
03-07-2013, 06:50 PM
MakeTheIronSing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs87 View Post
When healthy

Lupul - Kessel

Kulemin - Mac

JVR - Frattin

Really top 9? plus for the bottom six Mcclement and Komorov are much better. Only way I see a trade is if we swap you Mac for MPS and bring JVR up to the second line, and create a MPS-Kadri-Frattin third line.
Has JvR played on the 3rd line at all this year?
Not to my recollection, in the 1st game he played with Grabo and Kulemin
And McClement is a centre, Komarov was playing with Kadri on the 3rd line, basically, you wingers are kind of not where they have been playing or would be when healthy

To my recollection it would be
Lupul Kessel
JvR Kulemin
Komarov Frattin
Orr Mclaren

MakeTheIronSing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 07:06 PM
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy

Lupul/Kessel
JVR/Frattin
Kulemin/Komarov
MacArthur

Please tell me where MPS fits in our top 9 when we are healthy because I am having a hard time finding a spot for MacA who is doing an amazing job on Kadri's wing.

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 07:34 PM
HitmanKiller12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hoover View Post
Always had a soft spot for MPS but think he needs more AHL seasoning. I think he can turn into a similar player to Kulemin.

Would the Oilers be willing to do something like

To TOR: MPS

To EDM: Liles+Colborne/Ashton

Both Colborne & Ashton are in this proposal as they both address an area of concern for the Oilers. Colborne should be ready for the NHL next year and is the center with size Edmonton is looking for. Ashton is that rugged physical winger that could play in the AHL right now. Really good along the boards.

Liles would fit in Edmonton's system well and would free up a roster spot for Gardiner on the Leafs.

MPS would be sent to the AHL for more seasoning.

Thoughts? Would either side need to add more?
Oilers have no interest in this whatsoever. Liles adds nothing but an overpriced 3rd pairing guy. Colborne/ashton would be a serious downgrade on paajarvi.

HitmanKiller12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Roof Daddy

I think the Oil would prefer to keep Paajarvi as he is finally rounding out his game. He's been our best player the last two games.

One question to Leaf fans, would Kulemin ever be made available and at what cost? I really want the Oil to pursue someone who can compliment Yakupov's game, and with Kuli's physicality, size and defensive play I think he'd be the perfect fit.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 07:56 PM
Teeder9
Free rent for Mo?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
I think the Oil would prefer to keep Paajarvi as he is finally rounding out his game. He's been our best player the last two games.

One question to Leaf fans, would Kulemin ever be made available and at what cost? I really want the Oil to pursue someone who can compliment Yakupov's game, and with Kuli's physicality, size and defensive play I think he'd be the perfect fit.
Personally I'd like to hold on to him a bit longer. Not because he's worth a lot or a little, but moreso because I have no idea what he is worth. He has scored 30 goals, although I don't think anyone values him as such. Hard to gauge really what some of the guys are worth since I don't think many realize just what effect (bad) Wilson has had on some of these players.

Teeder9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 08:03 PM
Brock Radunske
안양종합운동장 빙상장

vCash: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
for those leaf fans asking about the Oilers top 4

Schultz, Schultz, Smid and Petry

Liles is about 5 years older then what is ideal for what the oilers are building for and the other problem, Petry and Schultz are the PMD that are on the roster and Schultz and Smid are the ones who are are the stay at home D-men to balance the training wheels on Schultz and Petry.

Oilers Have Oscar Klefbom coming over next year and until he got injured he was considered one of the best D men not playing in the NHL
In a non-insulting way, does anyone have any links to anyone actually saying this other than Oilers fans?

Brock Radunske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:19 PM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post

Definition of a sample size.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:03 AM
wynne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
Lupul/Kessel
JVR/Frattin
Kulemin/Komarov
MacArthur

Please tell me where MPS fits in our top 9 when we are healthy because I am having a hard time finding a spot for MacA who is doing an amazing job on Kadri's wing.
He doesn't.

JVR/Lupul - Kessel
JVR/Lupul - Kulemin
Mac - Frattin

MacArthur is staying with Kadri, and Frattin will join. I think Komarov probably plays 4th line with McClement and a rotation of McLaren and Orr.

Grabovski and Kulemin are looking more and more expendable as the season goes on.

wynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:48 AM
Brew
#Winning.

Send a message via MSN to Brew Send a message via Skype™ to Brew
The Leafs problems are down the middle and between the pipes. As much as I liked Paajarvi his rookie season, he needs to start playing better before the Leafs consider a deal for him.

Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:51 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brewmeister View Post
The Leafs problems are down the middle and between the pipes. As much as I liked Paajarvi his rookie season, he needs to start playing better before the Leafs consider a deal for him.
Don't read much sports other then the Leafs I take it.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:52 AM
Teeder9
Free rent for Mo?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Don't read much sports other then the Leafs I take it.
The problem with proclaiming MPS the best player on the Oil lately is that the standard is extremely low

Teeder9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:43 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
So Edmonton trades one of the few forwards they've got who've been performing well for something they don't need.

Great story.

thadd is online now   Reply With Quote